Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Édelie had felt okay about practice until the very end when the seekers started to get into it. Either way, she tried to shake off any anxiety towards their upcoming as she changed out of her gear. The whole year was bringing about thoughts of the future and what that meant. Her parents wanted her to live one life while she wanted to at least the explore the routes her older siblings had taken. While children weren't necessarily there, she still wanted to potentially explore a career and not be a housewife. As she left, she saw Gaby nearby and couldn't help but feel self-concious about how bad she probably smelled. She loved playing with her teammate and even just chatting with her. "How did you feel about practice?" she called out to Gaby as she fumbled pulling her hair up into a messy bun.

Practice had definitely been something, but still Gaby felt pretty good about it. She hadn't counter her attempts at the hoops so she wasn't sure what her odds had been but she knew she had gotten the quaffle through at least three or four times. Which sounded like a solid effort. Especially since their keeper seemed to be kind of used to the chasers' way of playing by now. The only downside had been that she had gotten hit by a bludger twice. Touching down onto the ground Gaby picked up her broom and was about to head back to the changing room when she noticed Édelie heading her way. "I guess it went pretty well, right?" She answered her friend's question with a semi-confident nod. "I mean sure Hugo's reaction at the end wasn't all that but the amount of times Amelie caught the snitch was actually insane, so I can't say I blame him for getting annoyed. Even if he shouldn't have acted on it like that." She continued, curious what Édelie thought of it since she hadn't said too much about it when practice ended.

Édelie finished fiddling with her hair and walked closer to Gaby as they chatted. She couldn't help but notice that Gaby looked much better than she did after practice. "Yeah," she laughed half-heartedly, thinking about she needed to talk with their primary seeker, "but that's a good sign for you guys in the future - having two competent seekers. I don't think I've ever seen someone catch a snitch so easily." If only she could have scored as easily as Amelie captured the snitch, maybe she'd feel better about their upcoming game. "You did really great at practice," she said with a smile.

Gaby nodded when Édelie mentioned having the two seekers and their skills would be a good sign for the future, a bit sad at the reminder that her friend would be leaving them at the end of this year. Maybe she had to get the rest of the team in on doing something nice for Édelie by then, irregardless of whether they'd win or lose their upcoming match. "Right?" She laughed in response. "I mean either that was a whole bucket of beginner's luck or it was just raw talent." She added with a chuckle. It had been easy to understand how frustrating the situation had been for Hugo, yet she was glad Amelie had managed to do so incredibly well during her first training. Especially after how disappointed she had been when she hadn't made the team the previous year. "Thanks cap." Gaby smiled, softly nudging Édelie with her shoulder. "I do feel like Aramis is getting way too comfortable though." She said jokingly, or at least partly. "Maybe we should come up with like some unexpected moves or something to keep him on his toes."

Édelie nodded and recalled Amelie telling her that she had family who played quidditch and figured Gaby was right. "If only I had more natural talent for being a chaser," she sighed, adding in a quick smile before running her hand through her hair. She had failed miserabley during practice, and if it wasn't for the fact that she was the oldest on the team, she was sure someone like Gaby or Aramis may have made a better captain. "Maybe that's what it is, then," she laughed, feeling a little warmth hit her cheeks after Gaby nudged her. "We could practice passing really quickly and do a fake out or something similar as we got really close. I think it'd be best for you to actually score, as you're so good at it," she said with a smile and nudged the girl back.

Gabrielle wasn't sure what it was but Édelie didn't seem too confident about her own skills and she wondered if practice had put her off. They all had their bad days every once in a while so it was only natural that she did too. Plus, it had been her first training leading the team so she didn't think anyone would blame her for whatever made her think she hadn't been doing well. Gaby frowned at Édelie's response, shaking her head. "Ooh no, no, no. We don't do that here." She responded, shaking her head. "The only people we put down are our opponents, alright? Never ourselves." She added confidently, grinning at her friend. It was one thing to hear someone put themselves down but something completely else when that someone was her friend. Someone she liked. Someone she wanted to see happy rather than down in the dumps. "Yeeesss, that's more like it!" Gaby laughed, nodding when Édelie mentioned ways in which they could practice being more unpredictable. She smiled when her friend complimented her. "Well I mean we'd have to get Ares involved as well. Since you're leaving me next year and all." She said with a small shrug, jokingly acting a little offended by the fact that Édelie would be gone next year.

Édelie felt a little guilty playing down her own skills, but it was genuinely how she felt. "You're right, you're right," she said, shaking her head a little and reminding herself that it was okay to fail. Plus, she had to keep on the face of captain, even if she was talking to Gaby. At the thought of her graduating, she gave Gaby an awkward smile. "I mean, I would never intentionally leave. I have too much fun with... certain people," she added, running her hand through her sweaty hair again. She really did enjoy spending time with Gaby. She was easy to talk to and someone Édelie had frequently thought was stunningly beautiful. Yet, she was leaving soon and had yet to do much about all those thoughts. At the same time, she wasn't sure Gaby had the same feelings. "You're pretty fun, too, I guess," she said, jokingly, giving the girl a little nudge.

Gaby smiled brightly when Édelie said she was right. Ofcourse she was. If there was one thing she had learned from her mom it was that no matter how terrible she felt in her own skills she should never put herself down. That was never going to help and if that applied to her she was sure it applied to everyone else on her team as well. If only she could spread a little positivity then it had already been a day well spent. "Too bad they kind of force you to leave, huh?" She laughed when Édelie said she wouldn't intentionally leave. It wasn't hard to understand though and she'd be lying if she said the thought of leaving school one day didn't sound at least a little bit disappointing. It was a nice place to be after all and being in the same spot as her friends all of the time seemed like a huge plus. "Oh so you think I'm fun?" Gaby teased, grinning at her friend. She liked being around Édelie and definitely enjoyed spending time with her. That, and she had found the girl to be very easy to tease which sometimes made her wonder if there was something.. more going on. Which would make things far more interesting. "I mean I'd personally go with drop dead gorgeous, but I guess I'll take fun as well." She joked, curiously waiting for Édelie's response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back