Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas felt so sore, and tired, and in pain. He trudged through the halls back to the dorms, falling into his bed. He groaned, burying his face in the pillows as the tears finally started to fall. His entire body ached, terribly. He had done his best and he had still failed as often as he had succeeded. The others on the team still either pitied him or mocked him. He was really worthless, wasn't he? Lucas sighed, sinking into the mattress and groaning.

Last edited:
Einar wasn’t too surprised when Lucas seemed to run off after the practice. Einar ached too but he knew not to the same degree as Lucas did. It would be helpful Einar knew if Lucas could be a little tougher, but he wasn’t and it was okay. It just meant that he was probably feeling pretty low currently. Einar knew how to roll insults off, he could fight back, but Lucas tended to just curl up and hide. There was nothing wrong with that, it might just make dealing with some of the team members a little easier. He walked into their dorm room and looked at Lucas. He went to sit down on the bed, keeping himself a little away from Lucas as always did. ”You alright?” he asked softly.

Lucas felt his bed shift and couldn't help the way his shoulders relaxed. He sighed softly, unthinkingly turning his head to smile softly at Einar. "I'm okay," he responded quietly. "I just ache. I'm tired." He winced. "My body hurts," he whined a little. "You'd think with as much as my brothers have knocked me around I would take the bludgers better," he winced, sitting up a bit. "You were quiet over practice, are you okay?" He asked softly.

Einar gave a little smile though Lucas couldn’t see it, he just ached in the way that people tended to after such a harsh game. ”Bludger are just worst,” Einar gave a little shrug, he’d been on the receiving end of at least one punch from his brothers in a fight and he believed bludgers were worse. ”I was just trying to be a better player,” he knew that he didn’t have the same natural talent for the sport as Lucas did. ”It was an alright practice though, overall,”

Lucas smiled softly, sitting up and trying to hide the wince. "It was pretty fun," He couldn't help but giggle a little. "Did you see the way the new chaser hit Adam in the face?" He grinned, delighted by the memory. "Or the new beater- he just couldn't care less about Adam's jeering, he looked more upset that Dominic scolded him for poking back at Adam than anything Adam said," He giggled a little, shifting a pillow into his lap and cuddling it. He bit back a yawn, resisting the urge to curl up in Einar's lap.

Einar laughed lightly at the memory, he wasn’t sure either who the person was but it had been nice to see. Einar had never acted out like that during quidditch, with that being one of the things he wanted to actually do, his mother being the one who told him to try it, he hadn’t wanted to get thrown off the team. He would quit in protect with Lucas, but he wouldn’t get kicked off for fighting. ”It was funny,” he agreed, ”Hopefully Adam isn’t captain next year, that would be awful,” Einar said, he knew he’d likely manage okay, Adam didn’t make that much fun of him, but he also didn’t really care, Lucas was always so upset by it. He wouldn’t be able to handle it and Einar didn’t want him to have to.

Lucas shook his head. "I don't think Dominic would leave Adam in charge." He tried to sound more sure than he felt. "He wants the team to do well. Adam couldn't do that," he nodded, running his fingers over the pillow before yawning again. He knew already Einar didn't want to cuddle, so he just flopped back into bed. He did, however, leave one hand laying out towards Einar. He didn't ask yet, though, content just to have Einar close. "Apparently my family is going to aunt Cassi's over the big break. Do you want to come too? She got you before, if I ask now she can get you again," he asked, smiling softly at Einar. "Both of my brothers would be there, though, so that would be bad."

Einar wasn’t so confident in Dominic’s ability to pick someone who wasn’t awful. He might just go for the oldest person in the team and that might just be Adam. Einar didn’t have a lot of faith and he was sure that things had been going to well for him so he was due a spanner. EInar glanced at Lucas as he spoke and hesitated, truly he wanted to. He wasn’t sure if he would be allowed or if seeing such a family unit would be good for him, but the offer of going was also meaning he could come between Lucas and his brothers the whole time, that would give him a little break. But what if Cassi saw him do that and sent him away….he didn’t know he could handle being rejected by Cassi. She was the closest thing beside Lucas that came to close family. But despite all of his better judgement he nodded, ”Yeah, that would be fun. Cassi still has the contact details for my social worker right,”

Lucas smiled softly, pleased he'd gotten Einar to agree. "Yeah, I think so," he spoke quietly before he felt his smile fade a little. If Einar really was going to come over, Lucas... Lucas should probably tell him the truth. He sighed softly, sitting up and pulling his pillow into his lap. "Einar... no matter what happens, you have to promise me something," he started out, shyly, not quite looking at his friend. He didn't wait for his friend to respond, continuing nervously. "I... I know you think I should just ask Aunt Cassi to let me stay with her, and I know you don't like how I've always just brushed it off. Einar, I... I want to stay with her. I would love to live with her. It's just, I... I can't."

Lucas turned a bit, so he was facing Einar more. "I... I haven't said anything before because I didn't think it was mine to tell you, but... but I don't want you to accidentally hurt Aunt Cassi. She... she can't take me, not that she couldn't, but... Aunt Cassi had a kid. A really long time ago. She doesn't talk about it, not really, but she told me once that family is precious, because she had to give her son up for adoption and she still thinks about him sometimes." Lucas explained softly. "
The way aunt Cassi lives, it isn't good for kids. It's just her, it's always been just her, my parents aren't exactly supportive, and she couldn't take care of him right so she wanted to give someone else the chance to do it. So... no matter what my brothers try to do, or what happens, please, just... don't bring up me staying with her. It wouldn't be fair to Aunt Cassi." He pleaded gently, unthinkingly reaching out for Einar but catching himself and pulling his hand back.

Einar frowned a little as Lucas began to speak. He didn’t think that the Cassi from all those years ago and the Cassi now were the same person. He was sure if she had a kid now that she’d manage to fit it into her life if she wanted, but better than that in EInar’s mind was that Lucas was older, a teen practically an adult. Einar knew he’d never get a new family because it was so short lived, in a few years he’d be an adult, but Lucas could just spend more time with Cassi as she travelled during those short moment when she had the time. All in all, just allowing them to be closer, he was sure she’d be happy to do that. ”I don’t think you’re right Lucas, really. I think Cassi is an adult who’d maybe like a say in it,” he said, though he knew he wouldn’t be able to handle that possible rejection from Cassi and he was sure it was the same for Lucas, ”But I won’t say anything. If she asks me why I’m hitting your brothers, I’ll just make something up and if she asks me to leave then that’s fine. Because Lucas, if I’m there, I’m not gonna stand by and let them be jerks to you. I’m going to fight them,” He hated the feeling in his chest of disappointing Cassi, of being cast away because he was fighting, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to hold back and if he lost Cassi least it was better than Lucas losing Cassi.

Lucas really, really wanted to just curl up in Einar's lap, but he knew he wasn't allowed. He hugged the pillow tighter to himself, shaking his head. "She won't, she wouldn't." He reassured Einar softly. "And if... if I'm wrong, and she does, then I'm going with you. I'm not leaving you," He insisted. "I can't keep you from beating up my brothers, and I... I know I can't really do much for you, but I want to stay with you as much as I can," He blushed, looking down and fiddling with the pillow in his arms. "If... if you want me around," he added softly, not looking at Einar.

Einar wasn’t sure he had the same faith as Lucas had. If he didn’t think she would take him in even though they were family and he needed to be away from his brothers, then why would she let some random kid who fought with her actual nephews and would provide no reason for why. He just gave a little sigh. He just would argue with it. ”Lucas...no, come on, if you go with me, don’t you think she’d wonder why and then maybe think about what happened and figure I was lying or something..wouldn’t take you to what you want to avoid?” Einar said. It wouldn’t be a matter of whether or not he’d want Lucas around. ”I’d of course want you around, but it might be a good idea if you don’t want to upset Cassi,”

Lucas shook his head stubbornly, nearly leaning in closer but hugging the pillow harder to stop himself. "Look, it's a moot argument anyway, I don't... think that my brothers will try anything, they're too afraid of Aunt Cassi." He gave Einar a small smile, biting back a yawn. "Um... Einar?" Lucas looked down, then looked back up to the other boy nervously. "Can... I sleep with you tonight?" He asked softly. He knew Einar didn't like to cuddle, but sometimes Lucas was sure having Einar closer and in the same bed was at least just as good.

Einar didn’t think it was nearly as moot than he thought, but he just shrugged, deciding it might just be best to leave it and let it just happen. He’d stick to his word and do what he was supposed to. He gave a little nod. He wasn’t feeling that tired but he just moved to be more on the bed, ”I’m not tired yet, but I’ll stay with you,” he said, he just wasn’t feeling sleep yet. He was just content in the mean time to just sit in the silence and let Lucas sleep. He knew his thoughts would inevitably turn to his family and how nice it would be if he could have them and not have to constantly worry about it. But that wasn’t his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back