Adrianne & Ioan's Big Day

Adrianne Finch

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining, the sky blue and not a cloud in sight. In a large field was a big white tent. This was the place where Adrianne Sedgwick and Ioan Finch's wedding was to be held. Chairs were all set out inside the tent, ready. White flowers had been charmed to rain from the roof of the tent. One could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day.

Adrianne stood inside a much smaller tent, set out with a dresser table and mirrors. She had just put the finishing touched to her make-up and had pulled on her wedding dress. "For something I have been looking forward to for so long," Adrianne said as the back of her dress was zipped up, "I didn't think I could be so nervous.." Her eyes darted to the little boy in a black suit, tugging at the end of her dress. "Lorin, stop that!" she hissed, the feeling of stress, building. She breathed in and with a loud "Zip!" her dress was done up. Adrianne began fiddling with her hair, forcing it up into a loose bun, adding in many little white bows and slipping on some silver gloves. "I don't know, Larissa," she sighed, clicking some earrings into her ears and fixing a matching silver necklace around her neck, "I'm not sure if I'm ready."

Larissa, who was wearing a little black dress, herself, shook her head as she finished zipping up her aunt's dress. She was to be a bridesmaid at the wedding. In fact, she was probably the bridesmaid. Adrianne had explained to Larissa that she trusted very few people and so, had only invited the bare essentials. Larissa preferred little weddings; she hated the big flashy ones that celebrities had with great charmed decorations and carriages and.. Well, she hadn't enjoyed her mother's wedding at all.

"You'll be fine," Larissa smiled, turning to Lorin and straightening his tiny bow-tie. "It's normal to be nervous. I mean, this is for the rest of your life." Part of her told her that this was the wrong thing to say, that Adrianne would do a runner, but the rational part of Larissa told her that Adrianne needed the wake-up call. She wanted her aunt to be happy. She really did.

As Larissa fixed in her black hair piece, there was a fluttering at the entrance of the tent. Instinctively, she dived before Adiranne, should it be the groom. However, this was not the case and Larissa was pleasantly surprised.

Sophora was not dressed as perhaps the classic bridesmaid would, but then again, neither was the other bridesmaid. Sophora was wearing big sunglasses which gave her the appearance of having enormous eyes. Her hair was tied up in a neat ponytail, the loose sides gelled down. She was wearing a much shorter black dress with high heeled leather boots. Today, she had transfigured her eyes to the tone of an almost solid black. She smiled with her dark red lips at Adrianne and the girl in front of her.

"Larissa, isn't it?" Sophora said, though she wasn't really asking, more clarifying. She noticed the tiny suited boy and smiled. She knew who he was, having babysat him for Adrianne a few times already. "Hello, Lorin," she whispered, bending down slightly to peck the top of the little boy's head. She then stood up, taking in the outfit Adrianne was wearing. "Very nice," she said, though she was intending to outshine the bride by her mere presence. "Are we ready, then?"

Ioan stood leaning against the altar where he would soon be saying the words that would join him and Adrianne together forevermore. Although he had always told himself and his friends that this day would never come, Ioan was suprisingly comfortable with the decision he had made to marry Adrianne. He knew that there was no other woman who would put up with crap or understand him as much as she did, and her beauty was just an added bonus.

Ioan glanced around the chairs that had been set up and was pleased to see that they were already beginning to fill up with their guests. It was good because Ioan was beginning to grow impatient. He had never been a patient man and was having trouble sitting still. He had already tried to sneak a peek at Adrianne's dress a few times, but had been shooed away by her niece Larissa every time.

Irene walked over to the smaller tent that was set beside the one where the wedding would be held. She had sneaked a peek inside the larger tent and was in awe at how beautifully everything had been set up. Her brother was already waiting by the altar, looking dashing in a suit and also looking as if getting married was something he did everyday. She was surprised because she had never thought that he would be in this position. Ioan had always been a ladies man and the fact that he was pledging to be with one woman forever and ever was something she was still getting used.

"May I come in?" she asked as she reached the opening of the tent where Adrianne was getting ready. She peeked inside and saw the bride-to-be with two other girls and her nephew, Lorin. Adrianne looked gorgeous in her dress and it was easy to see why Ioan had gone for her. Irene had never had much opportunity to see either of them through no fault of her own, but now she was determined to make up for it all.

-Sorry this may be lame but I'm not much in the mood-

Link sat unnoticed in the back of the room, his eyes never leaving the front where he saw Ioan standing there patiently waiting for his bride to be. Again he question for his attendance here when he wasn't to keen on seeing any of them, especially the one girl he didn't want to see at all, Ioan sister. He sat there anyways, one handle cradle his other hand that was curled into a tight fist. He seems a little tense about this situation, however he doesn't give Ioan the satisfaction that he has a grudge against Ioan. Instead Link just sits and observe like any other guest. [/
color]

Adrianne smiled at Irene. Though they had never met prior to this day, there was something about her which told Adrianne that she was Ioan's sister. "Of course," she said pleasantly, welcoming Irene inside. Adrianne playfully slapped Larissa's hands from Lorin's hair which was, apparently, very messy and needed sorting. "Leave it," she said, her blood red eyes looking about wildly as she heard more guests arriving. She took a deep breath, checking over her dress quickly and making sure she looked okay. This was it. It was time she walked up the aisle.
Adrianne turned to the others in the tent and smiled. She had never been so nervous in her life. She would be with this man for the rest of her life just so long as she said "I do".

Adrianne had no father to give her away. But that did not bother her in the slightest. She was a very independent woman and so she made her way to the large tent, music starting up, the bridesmaids, and Lorin, were stood behind her, waiting. She took another long, deep breath. She wished she had someone to walk her up the aisle but.. And it was as if her mind had been read as Lorin walked to stand beside his mother, taking her hand and smiling up at her. Adrianne felt so emotional as her and her little boy walked hand in hand up the aisle, bridesmaids following.

Adrianne reached the front of the tent and released Lorin's hand, taking Ioan's and facing him. She was smiling uncontrollably. Lorin clung to the end of Adrianne's dress, not wanting to be away from his parents. Adrianne didn't mind. When she looked into Ioan's eyes, she was not reminded of all the times he had been unfaithful to her but all the times he had been with her, had been a proper family with their son. Though she had had her doubts, Adrianne was finally ready. The music stopped and the man standing before them, spoke.

"Witches and Wizards, we are gathered here on this lovely summer's day at.." he looked to his pocket watch before smiling back up at those present. "Eleven fifty-nine precisely, to witness the joining of these two wonderful people; Adrianne Sedgwick and Ioan Finch. A love such as this is a rare thing to stumble upon and should be embraced by all, regardless of belief, race or gender." He paused for a moment, smiling to the bride. "I believe the bride has written her own vows..?" He nodded and fell silent.

Adrianne released Ioan's hand to take a slip of paper from inside one of her silver gloves. She unfolded it and began to read. "Ioan," she said, looking to his eyes for a moment. "We have all made mistakes in our lives, some worse than others, and we are no different," Was she going to say about anything in particular? No. She may have been cruel towards Ioan but she did not want to ruin this special day, her special day. "I know you have done things in our relationship that you regret.." she smiled darkly, "And if you don't, you will do," she whispered to Ioan. "And I forgive you for those mistakes, I know that you will never do such things again.." Again, she lowered her voice, "Unless you want me to manually neuter you." She was enjoying this. "We are good together, though, we work well together and we have already been blessed with a son. This is why I stand before you today, Ioan, this is why I vow to take you as my husband through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, in life and in death." The way she said this final word was a little worrying. The man marrying them gave her a lopsided look of confusion, waiting her to say the words. Adrianne cottoned on. "Oh, I do."

He turned to the groom and nodded, "Ioan?" He did not know if this man had written his own vows or if he would simply say "I do" in agreement to the bride's.

Irene smiled as she stepped inside further and walked straight up to Adrianne. "I just wanted to welcome you into the family since you'll be a Finch in a few moments" she explained as she carefully gave Adrianne a small hug. She didn't want to mess up the woman's makeup or anything. After that, Irene smiled down at the little boy who was the spitting image of Ioan and retreated to join the other guest's at the main tent.

Entering, she saw Link and was surprised to discover that Ioan had invited him. How dare he? she thought to herself, blue eyes narrowed as she walked toward a seat. Unfortunately, there were few left by this time and Irene ended up sitting just a few rows in front of Link, much too close in her opinion. She glanced back, her eyes immediately finding Link's as she mouthed "What are you doing here?"

Turning around as she heard the music begin, Irene watched as Adrianne walked down the aisle with her son in hand. It was one of the most touching things she'd ever seen before and Irene felt her eyes well up. She wasn't afraid of them spilling over as she had used a spell to prevent the water from touching her cheeks and ruining her makeup. She was much too vain to walk around with tear stained cheeks. Irene listened to the vows, which the bride had written herself and found them to be a very telling story of the relationship that Ioan and Adrianne must have. She heard a lot about forgiveness and knew that the pair must truly be in love because she was pretty sure her brother had a lot to be forgiven for.

As the music started up, Ioan stood up to his full height of 6'3. He noticed his sister slip in at the last moment and wondered where she had been. Putting that out of his mind, Ioan waited for his bride to make her appearance with her bridesmaids. As she entered the tent, a huge smile crept onto Ioan's face, one that showed his desire and admiration for Adrianne. It was a bit upsetting that she had no father to give her away as was the usual tradition but from the beginning their relationship had not been the traditional relationship. It had been filled with ups and many downs. Seeing her walk down the aisle with Lorin holding her hand seemed to be much more fitting anyway. He was what held them together even when they had their difficulties.

When Adrianne finally reached her, Ioan held out his hand and took her silver gloved hands into his own, his blue-green eyes gazing into her red ones. At that moment, there was no one else in the tent besides them and Lorin of course. Everyone else was just in the background. When the man who was marrying them indicated that Adrianne had written her own vows, a smirk crossed over Ioan's face. He couldn't wait to hear what sort of things she would say.

As he listened to her vows, the smirk fell off Ioan's face and was replaced by a more somber expression as he listened to what she said, threats included. He nodded his head slowly in agreement, knowing that this was exactly why he was marrying Adrianne today. Of all the women he had been with, there was no other who could keep him in line like she could, and he had the feeling that she was serious about the whole neutering thing which he definitely didn't want to happen.

After her "I do," the man turned to him. "As a matter of fact, I have a few things written down" he said with a grin as he gestured for Lorin. Reaching into the little boy's pocket, Ioan pulled out a slip of paper which he unfolded as he smirked up at Adrianne. He had been afraid he would lose his vows or leave them somewhere where Adrianne would see them, so before they'd left the house, Ioan had slipped them into his son's suit pocket, hoping that she would be too busy to check Lorin over once more. "Thank you Lorin" Ioan said.

"With you Adri, I know there will never be a dull moment." He smirked up at her before continuing. "You understand me more than most people and I know that with you by my side, there is nothing we cannot accomplish together. When you blessed me with a son, I knew that I wanted us to be a family together and I knew what I had to do to make that happen." He glanced up into her red eyes for a moment, his hands folding up his paper. He didn't need it anymore. "Adrianne...I know I haven't always been the best boyfriend to you, but I promise to do better as a husband. I love you and our son more than I could ever say."

Folding the paper back up, Ioan looked up at the man who was marrying them. "I do."

Millard was honoured to be asked by Ioan to be his best man on the day of his wedding. Ioan had been one of, if not only, Millard’s closest friends throughout all of school and, since they met up again last year, in later years. It helped that the two both happened to be Death Eaters. As the day progressed Millard was going back and fourth from his love and two children to make sure they were alright and to spend sometime with them. The fact that he saw them everyday and lived with them was besides the point, he had spend too much time away from Peter and Noelle after they had broke up and he had to make up time for that. As for Charlette, well he loved her more than he thought possible and didn’t want to miss a moment of her growing up – albeit not wanting her to grow up anyway. When it came time for Ioan and Adrianne to say their ‘I dos’ Millard stood up beside his friend, taking the odd quick glance at Noelle. Even though they weren’t going to go through the whole big wedding thing again, he couldn’t wait to call her his wife once more.

Link attention span was weak today, he didn't much pay attention to who or what was speaking, and could careless. He finally felt his tension that was building around his shoulder relax and roll back towards his back side. No need to be a hostile guest when he was the one invited to the ceremony, he promise himself after this one, he will not be going to any future weddings. Unless he had a reason to cause havoc, no one will invite him after that. It was for the best anyways, wedding didn't mean anything to Link, all it ever identify to him was a commitment of hell. He was right when he caught a glimpse of the bride. You would think Ioan would have better taste in woman, his look nothing like the ones he would describe. She resemble a dried tight old prune, wearing a dress that he couldn't possibly describe, and to think he had a child with the woman. Who would have guess? Link eyes rolled to the side, than back towards the front where he saw Irene trying desperately to get his attention. She mouthed something he could make out so easily, but acted as if he couldn't read to what she was saying to him. He was acting cold hearted, and decided to just ignore the woman he thought he had a future with, not a way to handle mature situation, but this was Link, for the most part this will always be Link. At least he thought to himself, he look back at Ioan who Link was sure was a death eater, had witness the mark once when he was fixing the sleeves of his shirt. Link just didn't know how many of them were attending but so far he was positive Ioan was one, and he wonder if this will benefit his near future.

Adrianne was a little surprised that Ioan had hidden his vows in Lorin's pocket. It was lucky that Adrianne had been too busy to check.. It was Larissa, however, who had been making sure Lorin looked perfect and at this thought, Adrianne's head flicked to her niece. She was being smiled at. She smiled back and turned to her fiance to hear what he had to say. She had expected, of course, promises of a better tomorrow- that he would be a good husband and in her head, Adrianne had told herself that if he said this, to just walk from the tent. But she didn't. For, perhaps, the first time in her life, Adrianne truly believed Ioan. She believed that he meant every word of it and a single tear dropped from one of her red eyes.

"I now pronounce you man and wife." he said at last with a large smile, "Exchange rings.. and you may kiss the bride." He closed the book he was holding and sidled his way to the large table of food, having just appeared at one side of the tent.

Adrianne carefully pushed a plain golden ring onto Ioan's finger. It had the words Forever faithful engraved into the inside of it and, though it had cost her more, Adrianne had got a special charm placed upon it: If Ioan ever cheated again, the golden band of a ring would change to an angry crimson red. Of course, Adrianne trusted him now but this was a precaution.

Ioan could only recall being as happy as he was now on two other occassions: when he had become a death eater and when his son had been born. As he saw a tear drop from Adrianne's eye, he wanted to reach up and wipe it off wondering what she was crying about. Just then, the man announced them husband and wife.

After Adrianne had placed the ring on his finger, Ioan pushed Adrianne's ring onto her finger. It was unlike her engagement ring in that it had no decoration and was simply gold, but was every bit as binding. With both of their rings on, it was now official. They truly were 'man and wife.' She was now share the last name that he and his son had.

"Hello Mrs. Finch" Ioan whispered to Adrianne as he leaned down to kiss her. There was so much more he wanted to do to her, but with a roomful of guests and their son in attendance, Ioan kept it tame. His lips touched Adrianne's lightly and then became more forceful before he broke the kiss. Ioan smirked at her before turning his attention toward Lorin, who had been tugging on his pants as the newlyweds had kissed.

Lifting up his son, Ioan leaned toward Millard, his best man. "Can you believe I'm a married man now?" he asked his oldest friend. He could recall being adamant about never marrying back when he was in school, and now he was married and already had a child. It was crazy how things came to pass.

Millard stood to his full height beside Ioan. He still found it hard to believe that he was here watching one of his oldest friends getting married, it seemed that they had all grown up a bit since their school day, it seemed so long ago. As the ceremony continued Millard couldn't help but smile at the words Ioan had prepared for Adrianne. Normally he would laugh at his friend coming out with such musy lovey dovey crap but he knew Ioan meant every word of it...plus Millard was guilty of doing it himself.

When the ceremony finished Millard started of the clapping and the odd whoop and wold whistle as the newly married couple shared their first kiss as man and wife. "Get a room!" he called out in jest. When they broke apart Millard placed his hand on Ioan shoulder. "Congrats man." he said. "It's hard to believe alright, but that ring on your finger is just like an unbreakable vow." he said with a laugh. "That's you for life." he said, nudging Ioan slightly. Of course he was only joking about. "Now you treat this woman well, y'hear." he said loudly enough for Adrianne to hear. "Adrianne, if he gives you any bother let me know and I'll sort him out." he said with a playful smirk.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and it was apparant to Irene that Adrianne and Ioan loved each other and their son very much. Seeing them together made Irene wish that she had someone of her own to go home to. Unfortunately, she would be going home alone tonight unless she apparated to Bleak Street and looked for Tobias again. She had had a lot of fun with him a couple of weeks ago, and if he came around, she'd certainly be willing to hang out with him again.

As the ceremony ended, Irene turned in her seat to see whether or not Link was still there. He was. Standing up, Irene tugged the bottom of her minidress down and wondered whether she should congratulate her brother and his wife or go up to Link. Tossing her hair back, Irene headed towards her brother. "Whatever" she muttered to herself. It was quite crowded where he was as many of the guests had immediately headed towards them to give their well wishes. After her initial sadness when Link had simply walked away from her, Irene's emotions had transferred to something different. Her anger toward her brother was also geared toward Link who she was mad at for not giving her the chance to explain. She was not planning on giving him the satisfaction of going up to him first.

Deciding to wait on saying her congratulations when she took another glance at the front, Irene beelined for the tables where glasses of champagne were being poured from enchanted bottles. Grabbing one and taking a quick sip, Irene smiled as she turned and saw Ioan holding his son.

Link stood up as the ceremony came to a finale closure. It was a displeasure to even be here, yet his face didn't show much emotion effected towards him. He nodded once to Ioan without acknowledgment to even congratulate him, instead he walk towards the aisle were Irene stood along the side. Link gave her a cold stare than let out a harsh chuckle. She was such a little girl to him, by the way she was acting, made him want to do something notorious. Instead he grabbed her hand and drag her out by force. "Come on Irene let's go..." he said for her to hear. He wasn't caring if Ioan had witness this action or not, if anything Link would strike him down instantly in front of his new bride. It would be a remarkable story to tell if he did so, but he proceed to drag Irene out by the arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back