Adora Dawn Lafay

Adora Dawn Lafay

- Full Name: Adora Dawn Lafay
- Birth Date: Dec. 17
- Current Age: 11 Years old
- Basic Appearance:Slightly on the short side. Long blond/brown hair. Dark green eyes that sometimes change colors. Very Pale skin with freckles after summer.
- Parents: Mother:Amarante Belle Lafay a french muggle
Father: Blake Chatwin an English wizard they are not married
- Siblings, if any: Brittany Chatwin, half sister, she is a squib
- Pets, if any: none
- Area of Residence:Auray, France near St. Goustan Harbor
- Blood status: Half blood

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? Her patronus would probably be a butterfly, with her incredible desire to be independent her patronus reflects her need to be free and her want to be successful and beautiful.
- What would their Boggart be? Her boggart would be a snake. She has been afraid of snakes ever since she was four and almost died of a snake bite.
- What would their Animagus form be? Her animagus form would be a lynx, strong beautiful and clever.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? She would see her parents together and in love, their arms around her.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? One of the few happy memories she has with her father. Before her sister Brittany was born her father took her to a park. She sat in his lap eating ice cream and watching butterflies.

- Write an example roleplay by your character:
Adora sat on her bed. Her back perfectly straight the way my mother had taught me. She hummed so softly. Breathing steadily and slowly, feeling the vibration in her throat and lips. Her father used to love to hear her sing, when she was little he would fly here from Britain to come see her. Then he got married to some strange woman.  Adora hadn't seen him since.

She had so many questions that he could have answered but of course he wasn't there. She stopped her humming and collapsed on her plush bed t cry. Sure she was never lacking in money with her mother being a singer and a good one at that, but she knew she was different than every one else. Strange things always happened to her.

When Adora was 9 she spent a year at boarding school. It was meant to be longer than that but there was an incident. Things had become to come up missing among the girls in the neighboring dorms. After a few months the minders came and checked all the dorms. Adora had just been in here closet not even a min before they check it and saw no one go near it, but when the minders opened the door there it was. All of the missing stuff. She was expelled that very day and shipped home. She tried to explain it to her mother but she didn't understand how all that could just appear. That wasn't the only time things would come up missing and randomly end up in Adora's possession, but no matter what after that she tried to ignore it. She wanted nothing more than to prove to every one that she was a good person. Just before her eleventh birthday something really strange happened to her. She was crying that day too.

Amarante, Adora's mother, walked in to the den to find her daughter sobbing. Blood was running down Adora's shirt as she cradled something in her arms. Amarante looked up to see that their bird, Dori, was missing from its cage. "Adora why are you crying, Mon petit angle parfait?" She bent down to see if her suspicions were true. Cradled in her arms was Dori, dead and covered in blood. "Oh Adora what did you do to our poor Dori. What happened?"

"Oh ma mère, je le point savent!" Adora spoke frantically. " Mère, one minute she was in her cage and then she was laying on the floor. Oh Mon Mère, please help Dori."

Amarante placed a hand on her daughters shoulder. "Oh Mon petit angle parfait, there is nothing you can do for her now, but you must own up to what you have done, or Dori's esprit will never find please. Tell me what have you done."

Adora burst out angrly. "I have done nothing!" and stormed to her room leaving her beloved friend on the ground."

~~~~~~~
Her Mother's sweet voice awoke her from her nightmarish thoughts of her past. "Adora you have a letter."

Exicted she rushed down hoping to find a letter from her father, but istead she resieved something way better. A new life.

As she got down stairs she saw the envelope on the counter. It looked of aged parchment and was sealed with a green wax emblem. On the front was her address. There was no return address. She open the letter carefully and pulled out to peaces of paper. One was a list of books, impossible books, that she had never heard of before. The second peace of paper had a letter on it. She read the letter, rereading it to make sure she wasn't insane, then turned to her mother with wide eyes. "Oh Mon Seigneur!" She began to read allowed. "Congratulations!...."

After she finish reading the letter allowed she grimmanced, the school was so far away. "Mother this explains why so many weird things have been happening to me. Father must have been a wizard, which makes me a witch!"

Amarante grimmanced, "You are not going, things such ahs this do not exist!"

Adora looked at her mother in despair. "Mother you have to let me go. I need to learn to control this. Please Mother!"

Amarante sighed. "Très bien,but i do not want to hear about it when your fantasy is crushed. You may go. go up stairs and begin packing your things, and we'll try to figure out this weird directions together." She walked a way muttering something to herself about a three quarters platform. Adora raced up, excited that she was going somewhere where she can get the hel pshe needs.

Hi Adora! Welcome to HNZ. I enjoyed reading your rp immensely. I just have a few questions for you. :)

Adora's father is a wizard and her mother is a muggle. How did the two come to be together?

Why did Blake leave Adora and Amarante?

Adora got an acceptance letter to Hogwarts New Zealand; if she lives in France why wouldn't she be attending Beauxbatons or a school closer to that region?

Adora sat looking at her mothers photo album. She had just received her letter and was ready to go, but she was scared so decided to sit and look at the pictures of her mother and father when they were younger and in love. Her mothers smile was so beautiful. Her father looked so strong and yet so wise. She heard footsteps and looked behind her to see her mother.

Amarante had tears in her eyes as she sat on Adora's bed. "Mon Petite Angel Parfait. Why are you looking at such photos?"

Adora looked up, deciding not to answer instead she said, "You and Father look so happy Mere. How did you meet?"

A strange look crossed Amarante's face, then she smiled and said, "He was the son of a friend of my father. He was always different and strange things happened around you like they do you. We fell in love, but the day of our wedding he disappeared. Her returned later to tell me that our love would never transcend the unknown boundaries between us. I didn't understand back then, but now i have some idea."

Adora began to cry. "Mere, why didn't he want to try. I was on the way then wasn't I? You were with child before your wedding."

Amarante smiled weakly. "I did not tell him I was with child. I now regret it. He might have fought harder for us if he knew. The next time I saw him was three years after you were born. He felt so horrible but he had already married some one else and she was with child, your half sister Brittany."

Adora smiled. "Its alright mother. I got some more letters in the mail. Some from other wizarding schools. Some of them are closer. One is in France."

Amarante frowned. "I think it's better if you do your schooling away from here. I do not want the family to find out."

Adora sighed. "The schools are hidden Mere. They won't be able to see them."

Her mother shook her head. "It would still make me feel better. I will miss you my sweet child. Hopefully this will help teach you to control yourself better."

Amarante left the room leaving Adora unsure if going was a good idea, but it was to late. Adora was off to New Zealand in a few days.

You're doing a really good job Adora!

So, are you saying that Adora got acceptance letters from several different schools then?

She got a letter from Beauxbatons, and Hogarts England along with the letter from Hogwarts New Zealand. Wanting to get away Adora decided to go as far away as possible.

Hi and welcome to HNZ.
i really liked the story behind Adora's magic and have a few ic questions.

What house does Adora hope to be in? and why?
Is there a reasoning behind her eyes changing or not?
and last but not least, do you have any other family here?

Adora hopes to be in ravenclaw because she is very clever and likes to prove her worth.

The only reason behind Adora's eyes changing colors is just simple genes. Many people in the world have eyes that change color. Its just one of the many things about her that have nothing to do with magic.

She doesn't know if she has family here yet, but she will find out that she has some cousins here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back