Actually Writing Home

Sern, finally thinking that this wasn't the conversation he should be entering, turned his attention back to the owls around. He muttered something that clearly wasn't English to an owl perched nearby and it made its was over. He ran a finger down through the feathers of the owl. Much to its pleasure.

Toni tried to keep her view off the boy who Toni still did not know his name. Though really Toni could care less. She couldn't see the two ever being friends or talking again, so what was the point.

Though as Taylor brought up Sam, Toni shot her a look, part confused and the other part was a down right glare. "Yeah that's how everything started" Toni said wondering if it had gotten around that fast. Oh well Toni thought trying to be care free about the whole thing. There was nothing she could do now. Plus Sam forgave her, Knight and Beau were ok from the fight. Everything was fine.

"Sam and I are fine now are fine now" Toni said her voice cold. Though she couldn't help but wonder how much Taylor did know.

Aeon was walking cheerfully through the school, hoping to see Tala or Sam, maybe even Scorpius or Taylor. He was on his way to the Owlery, Gufo perched on his arm. He had stolen his cousin's owl just for a quick letter. He poked his head into the room and smiled at the small group. "Hi Hi!" He said grinning. He hopped happily into the room and realized there was a girl he didn't know there. "Heya! I'm Aeon." He said, holding out his hand.

Taylor was met with a glare, but she simply looked back at Toni indifferently. "I dont think many people know about this. So i wouldnt worry too much. I only know because i know everything." She finished exaggeratedly, with a mock roll of her eyes and a flick of her wrist.

Then Aeon burst into the room. "Hey, just a sec."

"I dont know the full story, but i do know the basic story." She gave a glance at Sern and Aeon, they didnt know what they were talking about and she doubted they would repeat any of this anyway. She listened as Toni said Sam had forgave her. "I knew he would take you back, would you expect anything less from a Hufflepuff? He's a good guy-" She kept her eyes on Toni this time, she wanted the girl to know how serious she was. She knew she was risking Toni snapping at her, but Taylor needed to say this. "-dont take that for granted." As she said it her eyes were not cold, they were almost gentle. Toni had been through a hard time too, even if what she did was wrong. Everyone deserves a second chance and obviously Sam realised this. He truly was a great guy.

Sern looked over to his brother for a moment of silence then, "You always seem to come in at the worst moments don't your brother..." Then sern went back to petting the bird.

Toni wanted to let out a sigh of relief when Taylor said that not too many people knew about it, though Toni held the sigh in. She wasn't going to let Taylor know that it was a good thing not many people knew. Toni wasn't fond of having the few people that knew know too much.

As Taylor said she knew everything with a mock eye roll, Toni returned with no comment yet another eye roll. Seeing another boy burst into the room, Toni was thinking that maybe this wasn't a peaceful place after all. "Hey" she said simply at the boy who had seemed to extend his hand. Ignoring his hand, Toni introduced herself. "I'm Toni Addison" She said listening to Taylor go on.

"Well" Toni said afterward at first not knowing what to say. God Toni was rarely at a loss for words. "He is a great guy and I never took him for granted" Toni said making sure that the word 'never' was said strongly.

Aeon slowly dropped his hand back to his side and looked from Taylor and back to Toni.
"What you girls on about?" He asked, hoping Taylor would say something, he'd find out one way or another. He had his ways of things.

(( I loved Heartbroken btw, Very dramatic ^_^ ))

Taylor wasnt sure what she would or will ever gain from talking to Toni, but she hoped one day, maybe even today they could reach an understanding, if not a friendship. Anything but dislike was good for Taylor. She wished she could pay attention to Aeon right now, but the conversation she was having with Toni was top priority to her right now. "Sorry Aeon you cant be let in on this situation."

"Im sure you never did." Saying never just as strongly as Toni had. She could not believe the statement she had just said, she knew Toni had. Kissing another had been proof of taking Sam for granted. Taylor wished she could be more angry at Toni, but something told her not to be. Something inside her said that Toni wasnt that bad. Everyone does something stupid, heck, Taylor had had her many stupid decisions that she had made. "All im saying is that you dont do it in the future. You have somehow snapped up one great guy." She decided she needed a talk with Sam after this one with Toni.

Toni hoped that Taylor wasn't going to just spread the whole situation out to this one boy named Aeon who seemed to be the brother of the odd boy also in the owlery. God I seem to just meet the oddest people Toni thought as she heard Taylor said she couldn't say anything. Smiling slightly and only for a moment, Toni turned back to Taylor's speaking.

Though as Taylor said she was sure Toni had never taken Sam for granted, Toni doubted that she meant it. Who cares what she thinks? It only matters what Sam thinks Toni thought. Yet Toni listened as Taylor continued.

"I don't think I need your input" Toni said rather coldly. She didn't want the opinion of this Gryffindor even though Taylor wasn't too bad. "I can handle the situation on my own. Plus it's all over. Everything's great again so drop it" Toni managed to say as she turned her attention to an owl just to have something to focus on

Aeon raised his eyebrow at the girls, looking from one to another, He hated not knowing things, And this seemed like something worth knowing.

Toni looked at the new boy that had arrived whose name was Aeon. He seemed confused and unknowing in this matter so Toni took that as a good thing. "So Aeon" She said thinking about how odd of a name that was. "Are you actually sending a letter or have you come to just hang out with the owls?" Toni asked her tone not as cold as it had been before.

Aeon was even more confused. "Hang out with the owls?" He said, his eyes straying over to his oddball brother.
"Oh no! I'm not crazy, I was GOING to write a letter but this conversation is interesting." He continued.

Though when the boy named Aeon seemed even more confused, Toni just rolled her eyes. Guess it runs in the family. Good thing I am nothing like my siblings Toni thought as she heard Aeon speak once more.

"No crazy" Toni repeated her tone doubting but she shrugged if off. "Well at least you are actually writing a letter in the owlery" Toni said thinking that it was just odd not to do so. That was what the owlery was for after all.

"Its kinda sad when your own brother thinks your mad..." Sern murmured as he scratched the back of an owls neck.

Taylor managed not to flinch as Toni's voice turned cold. "You might not need my input, but you got it anyway." She said firmly. She was a stubborn Gryffindor and she doubted anything could change that.

She let a smile reach her face when Toni said it was over. "I know its over, but i thought id throw in a last word." She finished casually, deciding to let the topic drop. She had said what she needed to say, now they could move on.

She laughed at Aeon. "This conversation isnt your concern im sorry to say. As interesting as it may be." An eyebrow raised on Taylor's delicate features.

"Maybe if you weren't so quiet I wouldn't think that." Aeon muttered back to Sern, petting Gufo as he did so. The bird was nipping at his fingers for attention, obviously bored with the discussion.
He turned back to Taylor and whispered so only she could hear.
"You'll have to tell me what it's about later." He said with a wink

Toni ignored Taylor's comments. Like a peppy Gryffindor would know anything anyway. After all Toni didn't need input or advice. She knew what she was doing and how she had already fixed everything.

Though Toni didn't like the silence that seemed to be coming. God I hate awkward silences She thought as she racked her mind for a conversation that she could even start between an odd boy, Aeon who Toni didn't know well enough, and a peppy Gryffindor.

Standing up straight just to fix her hair before leaning back against the wall wondering what she would even say, hoping someone would speak up.

Aeon whispered that Taylor would have to tell him about the situation later and gave him a serious, but apologetic look. "Not this time im afraid." She said loud enough for even Toni to hear.

The awkward silence that followed seemed to cut through the air. Taylor leaned back against the wall and took in a deep breath. Owls hooted around them, but this was the kind of peace she had been looking for.

Aeon couldn't stand the silence any longer. "The weathers great today.." He said, trying to be conversational. He was disappointed by the answer Taylor had given him, Maybe Sern had picked up enough to tell him. Or atleast be able to tell him who would be good to ask.

Toni rolled her eyes as the conversation turned to talking about the weather. "Oh yes the weathers great" She said sarcasticly. "Too bad we didn't actually fly today. Hovering for a lesson. Absolutely pathetic" Toni said wishing that she had a broom of her own to go flying now.Then maybe her and Beau could go flying like he had promised her they would do. Though without a broom she was left talking to people like this.

Taylor was about to answer to Aeons question, but at the last minute decided it wasnt worth it. She let a yawn escape her. Maybe she would head off. She had wanted peace, but instead got a runin with a Slytherin, she supposed it hadnt been all that bad though. Not like the last time she had met Toni.

Toni began to talk about the flying lesson. "Agreed." Was all she could say to Toni's statement.

"Well guys, its been fun. But i think im going to get going." She pushed off the wall and absently straightened her clothes.

"Yeah umm, Me too. I can send a letter later on." Agreed Aeon, wanting to get away from Toni ASAP. So, after petting Gufo quickly, Aeon turned to leave with Taylor.

Toni saw as Taylor left and then Aeon. Looking over the boy that she found quite strange, Toni wasn't willing to be alone with the likes of him. Now that would totally kill the image that she had been building up. "Have fun with your friends" Toni said to the boy as she walked out of the owlery wondering if her family had gotten the letter hoping that owl would give it to Amanda and not anyone else as well as she hoped the owl would scared her mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back