Actually Writing Home

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni made her way up to the dorms. The second week of school was almost over. She had already had her flying lesson for the day and now she was free from classes, well classes in general, but not the assignments that she had put off until the last minute.

Deciding that she might as well go up and write her family to tell them basically that she was alive still and didn't get into any trouble, at least not by any Professors. Walking up to the owlery, Toni looked around for an owl to use. Finding a rather cute one, she was content to write her letter.

Leaning up against the wall Toni began to write a short letter home.
Mom, Dad, Madison, Skye, Bailey, Amanda, Dylan, Miley, Janea, Aaren, and Alex,

Hey Everyone. Hope you all are well. Bet you are enjoying your own room, Amanda. School's ok. The classes are shorter than back home which is a relief. I've made a few friends and I love the Slytherin dorm and common room. Well that's about it. Bye
Toni​

Toni finished her letter realizing that it really didn't say much, which was what she wanted. She just needed a letter to tell them that she was alive. Not that they really cared how she was doing anyway. Though as she reread the letter she realized that the list of names was almost longer than the letter itself. "Whatever" Toni said as she leaned against the wall wondering if she really wanted to send the letter at all.

Taylor was bored, but wasnt in the mood for company, she decided the owlery might be a quiet place for her to be. Stepping into the Owlery, she glanced around. She didnt notice Toni at first, but a second glance gave away her presence. Company it is. Before she caught her attention, Taylor managed to see the slightly troubled look her face held. The girl seemed to have endless problems. Walking to the opposite side of the Owlery and facing away from Toni, she began to stroke one of the birds.

"Before i began a conversation with you, are there any names i am not aloud to mention?" She said blankly.

Sern had decided that he might go talk with the owls so his made his way up to the owlery. bu as he made it to the door he heard voices. He gave a slight sigh a muttered "Figures". He stood there wondering if he should turn back or something.

Toni was about to call the owl down when she noticed Taylor walk into the owlery. Great Toni thought sarcasticly. She always seemed to run into people that she didn't care for. Maybe it was because there was just so many people she didn't like in the school or maybe it was because Toni just didn't have the best luck.

Though at the girl's comment Toni couldn't help but roll her eyes. "No go ahead mention any name that you want to" Toni said her voice cold but not as cold as it normally was. Looking around for the cute owl that she had seen earlier Toni gave up realizing the owl had left. Maybe she would just have to write later. "So what brings you up to the owlery breaking my peace and quiet?" Toni asked.

Though moments after Toni noticed a boy entered the owlery. "Oh great more lovely company" She said rolling her eyes once more.

Serns eyes flashed over to the girl rolling her eyes. "Well sorry if my existence bothers you" he said quietly with an icy edge to his tone.

Taylor turned around when Toni spoke and gave the girl a smile. She didnt care if the Slytherin got annoyed with her. "I was looking for my own peace and quiet, but something as precious as peace is hard to find in this castle." She said thoughtfully, fully meaning it. She realised everytime she wanted some quiet she was always running into someone, she supposed she didnt mind it though.

Her head snapped towards the door, noting it was the quiet Sern she had sort of met in the library. She gave him a weak smile. Taylor really didnt understand the boy, he rarely spoke. Her brow furrowed and she turned back to Toni.

"You managed to sort yourself out then?" Taylor questioned, actually curious. As nasty as Toni had been the last time they met, she still had a problem and the troubled look she held still remained in Taylors thoughts.

He took a moment to look around and saw Taylor over the other side of the room. well thats unexpected Sern thought as he looked at her for a moment. Then he turned his attention to the owls appearing busy.

Toni let out a small laugh at the boy's comment. "Well at least you're sorry about it" She said her tone casual as if it was a comment she made every day. Turning back to Taylor she listened as Taylor said she wanted her own peace and quiet. Both peace and quiet were way too hard to find in a castle this big. It should be easier since the school was so big but apparently it wasn't.

"Of coarse I've sorted myself out" Toni said her voice rather cold not wanting to discuss it. Though last time her and Taylor met, Toni was having problems with Sam. Yet the break up and then un break up had occured in the matter of moments and things seemed to fall back into place.

"did I seem that troubled last time?" Toni asked her voice not the bit curious but still she was. Appearances were everything to her and if she looked troubled to anyone it wasn't a good sign that she was able to keep her emotions in check.

-stroking the owl closet to me gently while listening to them talk. He didn't think much of the other girl. typical "no ones as important as her. Look are everything" type of girl. in which he thought the very opposite.

Taylor just stopped herself from rolling her eyes at her comment to Sern. She wasnt here to start a fight with Toni, she couldnt be bothered with it today.

"Thats good." Taylor said indifferently, turning to her left to run the back of her fingers over a sleeping barn owls chest. Taylor was good at reading emotions, always had been. She thought back to Toni's face and how it might appear to others. She realised she wasnt that readable, but to Taylor she was.

"No, i dont think you were. I just have a talent for reading peoples emotions." She shrugged. Right now Toni was slightly worried. Taylor guessed it was the Slytherin freaking out that she had displayed her emotions.

"You can tell your Slytherin its alright, you didnt show how you felt." She joked, although joking with Toni probably wasnt the best idea.

Sern turned to listen more while still stroking the owl. He hid his anger at Toni's comment and stayed quiet while he listened.

Toni doubted that Taylor thought it was good that Toni got everything figured out. After all Toni doubted Taylor had even know what was going on. Thankfully. Toni hoped that he rumours hadnt' spread. It's all over now Toni thought knowing deep down that it wasn't over, some things just wouldn't be the same again.

"Good" Toni said keeping her voice nothing but casual though it wasn't as cold as normal. For some reason she wasn't in an awful mood even if she was talking to a peppy overly nice Gryffindor and some boy who she wasn't even bothered to speak to.

"Oh a skill for reading emotions" Toni said holding back the urge to roll her eyes. Though the next comment that came out of Taylor's mouth made a small smile fade onto Toni's face, though it wiped off just as fast as it came on. "You're not too bad actually" Toni said "For a Gryffindor of coarse" She said giving the girl the closest compliment that Toni could muster out.

Looking at a very cute owl that had come down, Toni gave the owl a little pat. Taking out the letter and reading it over once more she folded it up. "Can you bring this to Amanda" Toni asked as she tied the letter to the owls foot.

Taylor thought over what she had been told about Toni's situation. She probably didnt know that Taylor knew about it, but she happened to be close friends with most of the people involved. She wondered what had happened sinse she had last talked to Knight or Sam, Toni wasnt upset like last time. Her and Sam probably got back together, she always knew Sam would give her another chance, he was just like that.

She looked over the Slytherin and for a moment pondered why he liked her, but she knew there was much more than met the eye. Taylor snapped up from her thoughts at Toni's comment. "Was that," She paused dramatically. "Almost a compliment from a Slytherin." She let out a laugh. "Yeah, your not too bad yourself. I know there is more to you than what you seem to be." She said, her attention on the owl she was stroking though.

She looked over when Toni sent a letter off. She wouldnt ask who it was for, although she was curious. Then again Taylor was always curious. Speaking of curious, her eyes cast to Sern, who seemed to just disappear. She set her attention back on the owl, thinking how strange the brother of the always loud Aeon was.

Watching the owl fly off, wondering how on earth such a creature would be able to find her house without trouble. Almost like a muggle GPS. Toni dismissed the thought not really caring if the owl found it's way to her house or not. Though Toni's mother did hate owls so the sight on her face when an owl showed up at the window would be more than amusing. Too bad Toni wasn't there to see it. Yet Toni wouldn't go back home even for that small amount of entertainment.

Toni rolled her eyes as Taylor acted shocked that she had actually gotten a compliment. "Well you won't be getting another almost compliment so cherish that one" Toni said her tone almost one of teasing though not quite. Though Toni took in Taylors comment. More to me than what I seem to be. Yeah right Toni thought thinking about how odd that sounded.

"Not sending a little?" Toni asked "Either of you?" She asked again feeling a bit odd that the boy was so quiet.

Sern lent close to the owl and murmured something into its ear, it didn't even sound quite English. Then the owl took off and soared though the skys and away. He then looked at the girl he first thought to be as a person he'd hate with abit more interest as it turns she might have some character. Then his gaze turned and fell on Taylor, the girl hed met in the library and probably thought he was some strange boy that should be left alone. he allowed himself a bitter mocking laugh at himself before listening once again to what was happening.

Sern's Stormy Blue/Grey eyes move over to toni again as she spoke.
To her question he answered simply "I Came for the reason she did.." his voice seemed to be little more than a calm whisper but it Seemed to reach further then one would expect and could be heard clearly enough.

Toni tried extremely hard not to throw a comment at the boy. Though she was thinking quite a bit about what she could say. Mostly everything involving how odd he as and how the school had enough weirdos. Though after everything that had happened in the matter of two weeks, Toni really didn't feel like getting in a fight. Though if it was a girl, Toni would have been more than happy to throw comments.

"Well isn't that great" Toni said her voice sarcastic. They all came for peace and quiet but at least Toni came to an owlery to actually send a letter. At least she made sense. His only friends are probably the owls She thought a smirk finding it's way onto her lips

He watched her silently for a moment then as the smirk crossed her face. "Think what you will but I suggest you do not judge people by what you see.." he continued in his usual tone though with a slight icy edge to it.

Taylor smiled at Toni's comment, thoght her attention on the owl. She didnt want to know what the consequences were if she directed her smile to Toni's face. "I dont expect anything more than that." She laughed lightly.

"Ive sent all my letters. I just like how peaceful the Owlery is." She turned back to Toni, then decided to lean again the wall and cross her arms over her chest.

Her attention was drawn to Sern again as he spoke. "He speaks?!" She joked, although regretted it. The boy seemed somewhat touchy and Taylor though that comment might have been a mistake saying out loud. Taylor thought about all the people she had met. They were all so different and she couldnt have been in the Owlery with two more different people. The Opinionated Slytherin and the Doesnt Say A Word Gryffindor. She let out a laugh at the thought.

"I Can speak if I wish...though not many care to listen. They seem to prefer my delightful brother..." his voice had lost its edge somewhat. As he spoke, he looked out from a window over the grounds.

Toni's face remained in a small smirk at the boy. So odd She thought guessing he was just another hufflepuff or worse another gryffindor. Actually Toni wasn't sure which one was worse, though she didn't want to think about it. "I can judge whoever I want" Toni said her voice cold.

"Well at least the owlery is better than the North tower" Toni said rolling her eyes as she thought about how first the North tower was nice then she spoke one of her deepest secrets to the wrong person there and now Toni hated the place with a passion.

Toni looked at the owls wondering if she should have gotten one yet the thought of her kitten down in her dorm, Toni knew she had made the right choice. Though when he odd boy spoke saying he had a brother, Toni rolled her eyes. "God there are two of you" She said thinking how she couldn't imagine two quiet odd boys around this school

"your words may be you end if you anger the wrong person" he said his voice colder still.
And after that he returned to silence, watching over the grounds.

Taylor raised an eyebrow wondering why so much hate entered Toni's voice at the mention of the North Tower. "I havnt been to the North Tower, whats so bad about it?" The owl she was stroking opened its eyes and hooted gently at her. She gave it a small smile. She loved animals and was deeply upset she couldnt bring her cat with her to Hogwarts.

Still facing away from Sern she let another small smile reach her face when she expressed how she felt about having two of the boy. She quickly wiped it off though. She didnt want to be caught laughing at a Slytherin being hateful. She was a Gryffindor after all.

Toni was surprised at how cold the boy's voice was. Actually she found it rather amusing. "Well I'll make sure I don't anger the wrong person then" She said a smirk upon her face though she turned her attention to Taylor soon after.

"The North tower is quiet and the view is grand" Toni began remembering the first time she was up in the tower "But it's been told that you tell your deepest secrets to people up there. Lots of conflict happens up in that tower" She continued her voice having a hint of bitterness in it.

If she had never gone up to the tower, she would have never told Jenna, Sam wouldn't have found out and Toni wouldn't have broken his trust. Sure it seemed stupid to blame a tower but it was either the tower or Jenna to blame.

Taylor shook her head at the argument Toni and Sern were having. If you could actually call it an argument. Taylor tried to imagine the quiet boy raising his voice and almost laughed. It was a strange thought. The owl she had been petting fluttered off so Taylor turned to lean against the wall again.

An eyebrow raised after Toni had finished ranting about the North Tower. "So i guess thats how your situation with Sam started then." She stated indifferently, distractedly picking something from under her finger nails as to avoid Toni's gaze. Before she could respond Taylor said. "Yes, i know about that. Im close friends with most of the people involved and Im not going to spread it around, so your secret is safe. Well, ill keep it safe anyway." Thinking about whoever Toni had told her secret to. She let her hand drop and was able to meet Toni's gaze, unsure of what she would be meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back