Accidental Meeting

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette clutched her sweatshirt tightly as she walked down the cobbled path of Obsidian Harbor, this place was unfamilar to her so she felt a bit lost and unsure of where to go. Nicolette was also very unsure about peopl around here so she glanced around uneasily as random people passed her on the street, her search for a family had led her here to New Zealand but so far it wasn't proving to be helping her at all.

'I have no clue what I'm supposed to do now..' Nicolette thought to herself as she brought her hand up to push a strand of her hair away from her face. She turned to look behind her and make sure she wasn't being followed or anything, but her head being turned made it hard for her to see someone walking directly her way. Instead of avoiding the person all together she walked right into him roughly and knocking everything that this person was holding right out of their hands. 'Oh noooo!' Nicolette immediantly gasped loudly.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" She gasped out quickly.

Kalif made his way down Obsidian Harbor. He wasn't going soft, was he? He saved Cecily Rambolt, and it had him rather unnerved. As his thoughts were still as morbid as ever, he was still quick to save her. Kalif took a deep breath and shut his eyes as dark as evil could be. He carried his books in his arm, as easily as he could with his tall, slender yet muscular body. Kalif's eyes opened once more, just in time to receive a violent collision to send his thoughts back to reality. His books went down to the ground. Luckily, they were not about the Dark Arts, well, at least one wasn't.

His immediate reaction was to pull out his wand and harm the insolent idiot that ran into him. However, with his gloved hand inside his robes, gripping his wand, until he saw who had bumped into him. Slowly, his fingers loosened around his wand, as he stared at the woman coldly. Though this was his natural stare, only a flicker of irritation could be seen. Kalif was not the type to be friendly after someone knocked his things out of his hands.

"Watch where you are going from now on," said the Death Eater, "or you could have run into someone carrying a child or someone who will not hesitate to harm you." Though the latter was him somewhat. Luckily, his professor disguise was still half way in effect. Sometimes it pays to have it. However, that did not stop him from looking intimidating and dark. Evil under a cold shell, one like cast iron and almost impossible to get through. After all, his blood was the same as the blood that pulsed through his father's. It was only natural that Kalif received some of these qualities.

Nicolette blinked as she searched for words; "W-well...I....I'm so sorry." Nicolette stuttered, she had wanted to say something else but couldn't find anything to say to him. She lifted her head to look at the man quickly before she turned a light shade of red and beant slowly down to pick up his books. This man was very handsome, but he had a cold look to him that unsettled Nicolette quite a bit, it almost made her afraid to even look him in the eye, once by one she picked up the books until she had them all and carefully stood up and held out the books for the man to take, she hoped she hadn't made him too angry.

"Sorry about running into you....I just.....nevermind." Nicolette swiped some of her bangs away from her face as she looked at the man curiously, for some reason she couldn;t bring hersef to just throw him the books and just leave. Nicolette felt as if she needed to stay and explain herself.

Kalif rolled his eyes. How much he despised stuttering, but he hid this from his face and eyes. There was something about this woman that struck him as odd. Then again, she seemed a little startled by him and his nature. It was a common response for him. Kalif dismissed any other thoughts and he reached to take his books, scooping them into his arm, only tighter and more secure than before. He wanted to be sure that they don't get knocked out of his arms again. He stared down at her, and narrowed his eyes. Still, there was something odd.

Sighing, he murmured, "I wasn't paying attention either. So, don't apologize." Though his tone was softer than before, it still contained much ice. Kalif glanced at the ground, before casting his heartless gaze back to the woman. He stood there in silence, as he felt no need to speak anymore. He shared his fill, and did not need to overdo it.

For some odd reason Nicolette felt a burst of confidence knowing that he hadn't hit her or threatened to kill her yet. Even though he still had his cold aura about him, something in her heart told her to stay and talk to him. Even if her brain was screaming for her to run and get far away. When it was a battle between her heart and common sense, the common sense part usually won. But this time it was her heart that was winning, so she would stay and possibly try to get this man to talk to her more.

"I'm Nicolette....." She introdouced herself boldly as she held out her hand for a simple handshake that she was unsure if he'd return or not. He did seem pretty anti-social to the point where he might ignore her.

Though the woman stayed, Kalif had no idea how long he would. Whether this woman was brave or stupid, Kalif did not turn around and head back in the way he came. Kalif glanced down at her hand, and he murmured, "Kalif Styx." He reached and shook her hand for a split moment. Like a snake, his hand immediately recoiled and he stared at her in an odd, eerie fashion. The moment he made contact with her, he felt something that he did not appreciate very much, especially now. That feeling, he did not need it, not in this state when he was questioning his sanity by saving someone.

That feeling was the exact same, if not greater, than that of Namina's touch. When she was alive and married to him, she had this talent for calming him down by a simple touch. Though it had been years since they separated and he got used to not feeling that sensation, here it was again. Kalif stood there like an emotionless statue. Though truthfully, he was shocked. Kalif could not say anything more. He simply stood, staring at her with utmost coldness.

The shake sent a jolt through Nicolette and she immediantly felt the need to grab his hand again. But she wouldn't especially since this man still somewhat scared her. By the look from him he didn't seemed to pleased about the handshake ether that or her hand must've be cold or something, but she would just try to ignore it because he had told her his name, which was a small step....but still meant something because he could've just walked away from her and ignored her completely. Nicolette resisted the urge to let out a large smile and instead brought a hand up and scratched the back of her head. Kalif was staring at her very oddly and it was beginning to worry her a little bit, but she would try her best not to show it.

"You have quite an interesting name! But uhhh....do you know where we currently are? I'm a bit lost.....and I need to find someone." Nicolette couldn't decide if she wanted to mention that she was looking for the Head Death Eater. This man might know exactly where he was, or he might try to arrest her. Althought he seemed anything but an auror you never could really tell for sure these days.

Kalif was about to turn and leave, but he was on his way to do some business before one of his lessons began. Sometimes he just did not have the time to do everything at once. His arms once more folded across his chest to the best of their ability considering he was also holding books. Kalif noted, "It was passed down through generations of powerful wizrds." Speaking of his name of course. Though his middle name was one to be honored as well. Kalif answered, "You are in Obsidian Harbor, not too far from the school. And if you need to find someone, I suggest not to get distracted by strangers." The seriousness of his voice remained, for he was not a humorous man. Especially nowadays.

Nicolette smiled at the man, it was beyond obvious that he try get away from her. She probably figure that he was a busy man, even though he wasn't quite sure what he did or why he was trying to get away so quickly. But since the poor man seemed to really be in the mood for leaving she wouldn't try to bug him much longer. When Kalif said that if she was looking for someone she really shouldn't be talking to strangers, and although she'd usually agree with him on this one......today she didn't quite see it that way. "Were not exactly strangers anymore." Nicolette smirked before she pulled out a piece of parchment that her adoptove father had given her before he sent her off to search for her family.

"Well, do you know where I can find either Julian Faulkner or Alphonse Snow? My adoptive parent said they might be able to help me." Nicolette asked nervously hoping he wouldn't fry to run off so quickly. Apparantly the Snows were a close friend with her family and Julian Faulkner was the head Death Eater, but she still had no clue how either of them could help. Especially since they're both exceptional at hiding when they need to be found. In fact Nicolette doubted this man knew who either of them are.

"All we know of each other is names, and apparently you run into people," stated Kalif coolly. His hand twitched slightly on his books, and he gazed down. The hand that met with hers, and he wanted to make sure that he did not feel that stupid sensation again. A Death Eater like himself should never feel such emotions like that. He was evil, and he was stubborn. His black eyes locked fiercely upon hers, and still wanted to just turn and walk away. He had the chance, he should take it now. However, usually the female walked from him, and she was staying. It amused him in an odd way, yet for the first time since he was a child, he was caught off guard by her actions.

And she did it again. His eyes narrowed at her upon hearing the names. Julian in particular. Kalif murmured, "Now why would you assume that I would know where they are..." he faded off, choosing his words ever so carefully. Last thing he needed was someone going off and telling everyone what he was.

"And that is enough not to call us Strangers Mr. Styx." Nicolette shyly smiled at him. This man was getting highly entertaining to talk to, in fact for once Nicolette felt like she was the bravest person in the world. She wanted...no had to keep talking to him. Because for some reason her heart kept telling her to make him stay, even if it were for a bit longer.

When Kalif asked why she assumed that he would know who those people were her smile faded. Had she said something wrong to him? "I thought everyone around here at least knew where the Head Death Eater was......guess that proves my theory wrong." Nicolette shrugged her shoulders lightly, she was beginning to feel nervous now. Maybe it was the look he was giving her, she couldn't really tell but it almost gave her the shivers.

Kalif countered, "I beg a differ. I strongly beg a differ." Kalif glanced behind him, debating on just returning to the school. Something to get away from her. Something about her wanted him to stay and leave at the same time. Kalif took a step forward, mere inches from her face and he hissed, "Only the Death Eaters would know who the Leader is. You are a fool to mention his name." Kalif had half a mind to drag her to a dark alley so they would be alone and not overheard.

Nicolette's eyes widened as Kalif got closer, he seemed greatly angered by what she mentioned their names. "Wait....your a Death Eater arn't you?" Nicolette asked her eyes widened, She almost regretted those words but they came out so fast that she couldn't stop them from coming out. Taking a few steps back she tried to create a bit of distance between them incase he got even angrier than he already was. For the current moment she actually felt unsafe with him around at the moment.

"Um...nevermind then. I have to go!" With a quick and violent turn Nicolette bolted off into a another direction as she attempted her best to get away from the man.

Kalif glanced around, luckily no one heard. If someone heard, then he was in danger, as well as others, because Kalif would not go down without a fight. The Death Eater would never lower himself to those standards. Watching her back up, Kalif quickly made his books vanish, sending them away. Kalif predicted that she would run, but in which direction? In any case, he was prepared for it. When she turned, Kalif made sure that he took a step forward, and with reflexes as fast as when he rescued someone he shouldn't have, he reached out and clinched Nicolette's arm with an iron-like grasp. "You don't just say those things and run off. It could get you killed, Nicolette." His expression was that of his father's, evil and sadistic.

Nicolette gripped onto Kalif's am roughly as she tried to pulled her arm out of his grip roughly. It was like iron though and no matter how much she pulled and pushed his grip didn't falter. With her other arm she violently smacked Kalif's arm as another attempt to get away from him. She would probably never get away at this rate, plus there was no possible way she could get to her wand with him holding onto her like that. Suddenly Nicolette had an idea that would probably get her into more trouble than it would save her, but it was worth a try. Nicolette wheeled around and glared at Kalif with the hardest look she could manage for being terrified.

"Want to know why I'm really looking for the Head Death Eater? I had specific orders from my father that as a pureblood I should be alleged to join them. And guess what I got in." Nicolette spat as she roughly attempted to yank her arm from Kalif's grasp, which hurt quite a bit more than she imagined it would've. She doubted this would phase him at all, but it was worth a try even if it didn't work. "Okay, now let me go!", Nicolette gasped as she was beginning to feel her arm hurt from the grip.

Kalif barely felt her try to get out of his grasp, and smirked slightly when she resorted to violence as well. However, he did not wince, flinch, or show any signs of pain. Her look did not phase him. After seeing Asparuh angry, what would scare Kalif? Perhaps nothing. Kalif murmured after hearing the information, "I suppose you believe in pure-blood supremacy and follow the ways of the Dark Lord." He glanced down at her arm, and though he assumed that she would be feeling some pain by now, he still did not let up. "You are a fool. What if I was an auror? Then I would have had clear evidence to throw you to the Dementors. Seeing that I'm not..." He quickly released her and folded his arms across his chest. "I suppose we do have more things in common than it appeared." His eyes glanced around, and luckily, no one was paying them any attention. "If you were smart, then you should have said something in a more private area and not in public."

Once Kalif released her wrist, Nicolette immediantly recoiled and brought her wrist closer to her. There was some bruising there that definantly would get worse by morning, there would be no choice but to get rid of it now. With a small huff Nicolette pulled her her wand and tapped it on her wrist lightly and within seconds the bruises disappeared, even most of the pain diminished from it. "Don't tell anyone you saw that, I'm forbidden to do healing as of the moment I left my father." Nicolette glanced up at Kalif quickly before she twirled her wrist around to make sure she had healed it well. When she was sure she had done a job well done she placed her wand back into her robes and stared at Kalif nervously with her fox colored eyes.

"Your too stiff to be an Auror, you need to lighten up and smile more." Nicolette grinned up at him. Nicolette understood though that this may be like asking good and evil to join forces, Kalif seemed like a serious man and he was probably very accustomed to being like he was.

Kalif did not even utter the word sorry for harming her. It was a word he was not accustomed to, and as a Zhefarovlch, did not need to say such words for their actions. He gave her an odd stare when she healed herself. He shrugged and muttered, "I normally don't run my mouth like an ignorant mudblood." The words rolled off his tongue, not caring for the insult he giving out. It was something he was raised with. After all, just looking at his father would explain everything. Asparuh wreaked of purity.

Kalif rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Lightening up is for the weak. And I have no reason to smile. I haven't for years." Kalif glanced at the ground, and turned his body to the side, as if to walk away at any given moment. Kalif almost did not see a reason to stick around. Kalif glanced at her and warned in his most chilling tone, "Tell anyone about me, and I promise your life will be shorter than it was originally intended."

Nicolette shook her signifying that she wouldn't mention Kalif to anyone. It wasn't really her place to go around saying stuff like anyways, if she was going to be a real Death Eater then she needed to keep her mouth shut. There was no way she could be as stiff and cold as Kalif though, she was much to bubbly and naive for that kind of thing. When Kalif turned Nicolette's eyes widened, she had a question to as him before he decided to bolt off to wherever he was going.

Running foward Nicolette grabbed his hand to halt him but immediantly let go due to the warmth feeling that settled within her the moment she grabbed it. She also didn't want to make him mad by seeiming too clingy either. "Oh um..sorry. But you didn't tell me where I could find Julian or Alphonse...." Nicolette whispered as not to make a scene.

Kalif felt the same sensation that sent waves of fury through his body. Though his hand was encased in gloves, it still did not matter. Kalif jerked away, and had his body at a side angle, staring at Nicolette. "A simple 'wait' would have sufficed rather than making this physical," his voice was harsh and hushed. His eyes were staring coldly into hers, as if glaring into her very soul. He tugged a bit on his robes with his hands, and he shook his head.

"I cannot help you. I have no connections with the Snows or the man you seek. I currently work at the school, as a professor, and hardly have contact with the others. If you want to find either of them, I suggest you go find my father. Last time I heard, he was lurking about here," concluded Kalif. He folded his arms across his chest and inquired impatiently, "Are you finished?"

Nicolette crossed her arms over her chest and pursed her lips. If he wasn't going to help her then she was going to take a long longer then she would've hoped. But she could tell he was getting impatient and didn't want to make him angrier than he already seemed to be. Still, she really didn't feel looking for them on her own, especially in this creepy place. Just as Nicolette was about to tell him he could go her eyes suddenly widened and a small smile broke onto her face before she giggled softly and placed a hand on her mouth, to stop herself but once she tried this she broke into full out laughter.

Hehehe! I'm sor- Hehehe!" Nicolette covered her mouth and sickered into her hand softly as she tried to hide her laughing. At the smallest mention of him being a professor he was overloaded with the cuteness factor and Nicolette couldn't contain herself. "Okaaaay, I'm sorry. I'll stop laughing now....hehehe. You can leave....okay please go!" Nicolette took a step back and nearly stumbled as she giggled again. Nicolette didn't want him to think she was trying to think she was rude, but it was just sooo cute!

Kalif rolled his eyes at her laughter, and he shook his head. "I hope you choke on your own blood and scream agonizingly while your body gets dismembered, moronic witch. If only I could watch." It was in his native tongue, Bulgarian, saying it as if to curse her as he turned. This time, he uttered one word, in English, and that was "Pathetic." He continued on his way, not bothering to look back at her. Why would he....

Nicolette blinked not quite understanding what Kalif had said to her. Chances are it wasn't very nice, but she knew that if she was ever going to make it far in this world she can't let everything people say get to her. So instead she just smiled in Kalif's direction before she turned her body around and walked in the opposite direction.

'We'll meet again someday Kalif Styx....you can be sure of that.' Nicolette could feel it was not over yet, some way or some how she knew they would run into eachother again. Because fate was shifty like that sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back