A Wicked Start

Meyke Liechandra

OOC First Name
Elise (main)
Wand
Oak 14 3 / 4 Essence of Raven Feather
Meyke walked down the stairs to the dungeon hoping to see anyone she knew or that nobody is down there at all so she can think through some things. When she got to the bottom of the stairs she searched around for a few minutes and desided nobody was there to bug her while she was thinking. she slid down to the floor and just sat tryng to understand the conundrum that had accured on her shoulders.

Alexandria was walking through the dungeons, when she saw a Slytherin girl walking down the stairs. She shrugged, and silently shadowed the girl, and when she sank to the ground, Alexandria stepped out of the shadows. "Hi. I'm Alexandria. Why are you down here?" She had been told she was rude, but it wasn't deliberate. She just hadn't had any parents long enough for them to teach her anything.

Sighing, Meyke decided she needed to get out of there. Pulling on a pair of darkwash jeans and a Joan Jett T-shirt, she left and began to wander around. Her feet led her toward the dungeons.
When a girl got there, she sighed again, breathing in the cold, damp air and shiverig a bit. "Hey, I'm Meyke Liechandra. Just thinking ..." Meyke said to Alexandria.

Alexandria was glad she bought a jumper, because it was freezing down here. She tucked her hands in her pockets to keep them warm. "Hello, Meyke. What's wrong?" For all her faults, Alexandria was a nice girl, and even though she preferred to be on her own, she did want a friend or two. She shivered, and then crouched on the ground in front of Meyke.

Alaexandria was confused when she heard Meyke's answer, but she was quickly distracted by her trying to stand up, and failing. Alexandria watched, eyebrows raised. It didn't occur to her to help the girl until after she'd already sat down, so she just grinned sheepishly. "Are you alright?" She asked, now seriously worried. "And what do you mean you're going crazy? What happened?"

Alexandria grinned at the comment about the dormitory. "I've managed to keep out of there except for when I absolutely have to go in. But I know what you mean. They're so annoying!" She grinned at Meyke. "Actually, I don't talk to other people that much. You're one of the first people I've spoken to." she admitted.

Meyke was shocked at her answer. Never in her life had a girl wanted talk with her with a same opinion. Wow, she thought. Her answer was simple but she tried to smile the most kindest of smiles when she said, "Yes, I agree with you. What's your next plan then ?"

Alexandria was relieved when the girl smiled. She was a little embarrassed at how little she spoke to other people. "What do you mean my next plan? While I'm not in the dormitories, i wander around the castle, and the dungeons." She waited for Meyke's reaction.

"No, Hogwarts isn't boring. Just the people." She grimaced, thinking of the awful crowds she'd had to endure whilst here. After a moment, however, she realised what she'd said. "Not you. Sorry. I'm not good at talking to other people." She hoped the girl wouldn't take offence. She was beginning to like her.

"I do try to talk to other people. But it's sort of scary. I've never really had a proper conversation. I don't know what to say." Alexandria said. She pondered whether to tell this fellow Slytherin about her past, and almost missed her comment about not speaking English well. "You speak English better than some people who grew up learning it." She said wryly.

Meyke smiled and let out a small laugh. "I met a boy who laughed at my grammar," Then she leaned against the wall and stretched her arms above her head. "So, Alexandria," She said, looking her up and down and trying to figure out why she looked friendly. "It's sick".

Alexandria was angry that someone dared to laugh at Meyke's grammar, but she kept her exclamations of outrage to herself. She was confused, however, when Meyke continued. "What's sick?" She asked perplexedly.

Meyke looked up at her and smiled. She never really wanted to discus anything she was thinking to anyone before right now. "My friends. I don't have any friends here," She put her head down and sighed a little. When she looked up again she asked her, "What do you want to think about your friends here? Are they nice ?"

Alexandria nodded. She knew how Meyke felt, having no friends. "I don't have any friends. Even outside Hogwarts. I grew up in foster homes. I've lost count of how many I've been in. I'd change every few months." she confided. "You're the only person I've spoken to properly. So I guess I have one now." She grinned and shrugged.

Meyke thought for a moment, her mind touching on Hayley. But the thought of her feelings for her was a bit hard to handle at the moment, so she shook her image from her mind and turned to Alexandria. "Why wouldn't you be able to be friend with others ?" Meyke asked smoothly.

Meyke shook her head at Alexandria's question, "You don't understand. My whole family is muggles. No one and I mean no one has ever married or even dated a witch except my aunt. My family is like Hermione Granger ! !" Meyke stood up and looked at alexandria's eyes, wondered if she was pure blood or not.

"I grew up with muggles too. I didn't know magic existed until I got the letter. But for all I know, I could be pure blood. I ran away from home when I was really little. So I don't remember anything." She kept quiet about her father hitting her.

"Oh. Did you see him often?" She couldn't think of anything else to say. A sudden draft made her shiver. "Man it's cold down here! Do you want to go back to the common room or something?" She asked, teeth chattering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back