A walk

"Trust me it's more like the jaws of the wizarding world then the eyes" James said with a hint of bitterness. "Though I have a friend that works at the Prophet and she's been kind enough to turn a blind eye towards my family, a not so easy task on her part to be honest" James said with a smirk as he thought of Erica and the ambitious nature of her work and life. "England can be dangerous to say the least, alot more Death Eaters there trying to take the mantle of dark lord so it's nice to get away from the craziness of it all" James said as he thought about his dad's work. He'd been lucky not ot have to meet any Death Eaters in his lifetime but the threat was all too real for himself and his family. "The Death Eaters arn't obsticles, there monsters" James said with vindiction in his tone.

Estrella kept her gaze on James as he expressed his frustrations with the wizarding world. At first she thought that he might be exaggerating a bit, but he was a Potter after all. She had never really been in the eye of the press herself. When he mentioned Death Eaters, however, she winced and shifted uncomfortably. Would he think any different of her if he knew that a few of her family members were or used to be involved with that group? Probably. She hadn't told many, and not even Jaken knew. The Ravenclaw intended to keep things that way. It was really more of an embarrassment than anything.

"Whether they're monsters or not," Estrella started uneasily, her eyes falling to the ground, "They aren't just dangerous in England. They've been in New Zealand for some time now." She wondered if James had heard about Alicia Barker being kidnapped, or the march on Obsidian Harbor. The Daily Prophet had practically been bleeding about these two topics. Headmistress Barker had been found, but she had not returned to the school. "I'm not so sure they'd be worried about any dark lord anymore, he's dead and gone. Seem like a band of misfits to me."

"Misfits don't go around murdering people" James said with a slight darkness. "They've hurt plenty of people not just my family either, There are stories everywhere about the terrible things they've done" James said matter of factly as he thought about what he was saying. James stopped "my dad has spent his entire life either running from or hunting them so that I wouldn't have too" James said as he turned towards her "It angers me that such a burden is placed on him and the Aurors, I just wished we could do more to stop them once and for all" James said with a passion.

Up to the walk on Obsidian Harbor, Estrella had thought the Death Eaters as an unorganized, ragtag group. That made them no more than misfits in her opinion. However, she did not find it prudent to challenge James over the mere matter of definition. It was obvious that he was passionate about the subject. The Daily Prophet seemed to make out the Aurors as a bunch of do-nothings, so she wasn't really sure what sort of burden they had.

"It's a pity," she commented, "But you can't exactly take down someone for belonging to a group that was supposed to cease existence before we were born. As long as that person isn't caught doing anything illegal..." She shrugged. It was obvious that she wasn't a fan of the subject of Death Eaters at all. "I don't see them being stopped in entirety. If they couldn't be squashed out after their precious leader died, there will probably always be followers. Even if they aren't serious." Estrella knew that even today, people who claimed to be Nazis still existed, even though the group had been extinguished years before. Things were most likely not very different from the Death Eaters.

"Perhaps your right" James said as he looked up and surprisingly enough saw his owl, James knew that his letters had probably arrived and needed to get them right away. "I just don't like Death Eaters" James said as he looked at Estrella in the face and smiled "but I know I like you and enjoyed talking to you" James said with a smile as he quickly leaned in and kissed her on the lips before turning and running away, he turned his head and smiled at her "I gotta go, but I hope to chat with you again sometime Estrella!" James said as he took off towards the Owlery to get his letters.

Estrella smiled back at James. Maybe guys take classes to make girls feel good about themselves? She was not expecting the sudden rush of contact. The boy's unsolicited action left her jaw on the ground. She was unable to speak, and barely had the power to wave in parting. Only after he was long gone did she bring her fingertips to her lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back