A walk through the gardens

Sern Summers

OOC First Name
Michael / Jesse
Wand
Knotted 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy English Oak Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
They finally made it to the gardens and he wondered whether he should let go. He didn't, But as he thought, Friends can hold hands. He slowly made his way through the gardens with her and his hear felt lighter then a feather. He was happy.
Truely happy.

Wednesday was tempted to skip as they both made their way out to the gardens. Though she wasn't sure how she felt about them holding hands. Sure she had considered them friends and those small thoughts about something more seemed to always come in. As always Wednesday pushed it out of mind. Eleven year olds don't have crushes. She swung their connected hands gently as they walked.

"I do love the gardens" Wednesday said looking at a flower that was bright yellow, then at a very nice dark shade of red flower. "So many flowers all so unique" She added smiling brightly as she took a deep breath the outside air filling her lungs and the scent of flowers nicely blending for a wonderful combination.

He listened contently as she spoke then looked at one of the flowers that was a silver and midnight blue, He let her hand go and kneeled near it. Picking it from the ground he walked back to her.

He held it out to her, but didnt trust himself to speak.

Wednesday felt her hand grow cold as Sern let go. Though as she turned to see that he had picked her a very lovely silver and blue flower, her cheeks grew hot, not bothering to cover up her blushing now. "Aww you are way too sweet" She said taking the flower and taking a small smell intaking the scent. A smile seeming to stay on her face as if it was draw there to stay forever.

"You know I don't think we are supposed to pick the flowers. I'll have to sneak it into the school" She teased slightly as she looked down at the flower in her hand. Thoughts swirling in her mind. Wow she thought happily.

His cheeks tinged pink as she said he was sweet and he slipped his hand back through hers, feeling his hand once again return to its tingly warmth.

"I dont think they would worry to much about a pretty young girl comming back from the gardens with a flower" He said with a slight smile crossing his face.

Wednesday noticed his cheeks turning pink as well. Thank goodness she wasn't the only one blushing. Though as Sern slipped his hand into her's once more she looked down at the flower then at him and yet again at their hands connected.

Though when he said that he didn't think that they needed to worry about a pretty young girl walking back into the school with a flower she let out a small laugh, almost a girlish giggle. He thinks I'm pretty Wednesday thought never being called pretty her whole life. Sure Wednesday had a look to her though she wasn't one of those beautiful blonde people that were like the popular girls.

"You think I'm pretty?" she asked looking up at him "I've never been called that before. It's nice" She said her face smiling brightly.

Sern lost all hesitation for a moment and a surge of courage surged through him as he said, "More than that..I think your beautiful" and he looked at her with another moment of longing then the surge faded and his cheeks started to burn.
Did I just say that?....surely not?.... He thought to himself a moment longer.
I did....and I meant it..

He gave her another warm smile then started walking again.

"oh" Wednesday said her cheeks bright red making quite a contast to her normally pale skin. Beautiful She thought as if it was just unbelievable. Maybe eleven year olds were allowed to have crushes. Even if not Wednesday thought she was stuck in one big crush, a fairy tale almost.

She looked at Sern smiling brightly. How could someone that she had once considered a friend make her feel so... Wednesday couldn't even describe it. "I swear you are the only one that makes me blush so much" She said looking away a moment at the flowers that seemed to be the most beautiful today, though it might have just seemed that way because of the joyous mood Wednesday was in. "I don't mind blushing though" She added quietly as she glanced over at Sern out of the corner of her eye.

Should I kiss her...Could I kiss her? His thoughts racing against the calmness she always gave him. The way she made him feel could not be ignored any longer.

He had one of those "oh my god this is the end of me" moments before he looked to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "And im glad that I can..."
His voice warm and determined, of this he was sure.

Wednesday looked back at the flower that was in one of her hands. Turning her gaze to her other hand that felt safe in Sern's. Though as she turned up to look at Sern when he spoke she couldn't help but doubt that this was all real. With the school being so boy lacking and full of all this pretty girls, Wednesday was her with Sern. He could be here with any other girl but he instead was here with her. Just frien.... She began to think as he leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheeks.

Her smile growing, surprised that it could get any better, "you know if anyone saw us here" she said swinging their hands once more gently "People would think we were a couple" She said smiling wondering how Sern would react to that. Though still her thoughts were going wild, swirling unbelievable fast thinking how maybe her and Sern could be slightly more than friends.

"That they could" He said with a smile on his face and a warm tone to his voice. "And the boys could envy that I am here with you instead of them" He looked at her for a moment before saying, "And would they be far off?"

He paused for a moment longer and stared into her eyes. "Do you think it is wrong for an eleven year old to love?" he asked. Of this he was worried that it might just be some runaway feeling that would leave at any moment, though the more he looked at her the more he was sure. It would not leave him.

Wednesday was glad that Sern didn't seem bothered that people could mistake them for a couple. The idea was rather nice but hey they were eleven was it possible for them to think about couples and such. At the moment Wednesday wasn't sure.

Yet when Sern said that boys would envy that he was here with her. Wednesday smiled brightly a small amount of red once again finding a way to her cheeks. "Too many compliments may give me a big head" Wednesday teased slightly as her cheeks went back to their normal shade.

The next words that came out of Sern's mouth surprised her a bit. "I don't know how far off they would be" Wednesday said "Maybe not too far at all" She said wondering if it was the right thing to say. Maybe this was all just in Wednesday's imagination. Though when they paused for a moment and keep eye contact, she wondered what she would say. What could she say? Nothing that would have amounted to as much as what Sern had said. Eleven year olds and love Wednesday thought. "I guess anything is possible" Wednesday said her stomach getting butterflies though Wednesday was not quite sure why.

He listened to her and his heart flew. though his heart sunk once again as those thoughts "only eleven"squirmed thier way into his mind. But how else can I explain the way I feel, he thought to himself.

He looked at her eyes, trying to find something that could help him.

Wednesday was surprised that Sern didn't say anything. Maybe he was just thinking. That was understandable. Even Wednesday's mind was going insane with thoughts some she couldn't even comprehand for there was just so much going on. Though she wondered if she could handle being a couple. So far the first years had had loads of relationship drama, but Wednesday wasn't like normal first years. She wasn't a drama type person, hopefully.

As Sern looked into her eyes, Wednesday could hear her own heart beat at a steady pace. Once it began to speed up she looked away for a moment. "So" she said not being able to concentrate with anything with her thoughts going wild. She wondered if he could hear her heart though doubted it.

As her eyes broke from his he suddenly felt cold for a moment. They were eleven, He hadn't the slightest clue what to do. But those feeling remained and he could not ignore them. "You have such beautiful eyes" He murmured and his eyes layed over her with such warmth and affection. He could not help but wonder if she could possibly feel as he did.

Wednesday wished that she hadn't broken the eye contact. She hadnt' minded looking into Sern's eyes. She knew the saying that the eyes were the window to the soul was a rather played out saying, but Wednesday believed it fully. There were things that eyes could tell that not even the person theirselve knew.

When Sern said she had beautiful eyes, Wednesday didn't know what to say at first. She really wasn't used to getting all these compliments. Never had she gotten many compliments from her friends or even her family. Though she was liking not the compliments themselve per say but how they made her feel, happy. Though Wednesday took it that it wasn't the compliments were doing that.

"Well you're quite amazing yourself. Your eyes included" Wednesday said glancing at Sern out of the corner of her eye. he is amazing...perfect Wednesday thought.

As she replied the complement, warmth rushed through him again. All he could think about was her, the rest of the world draining away. Her smile, he ever longed to see. and her laugh, he ever wanted to hear.

He leant over and whispered in her ear, "I think this could be the best day of my life.."
And how could it not be? She is perfect. was the only thought he could bring to his swirling mind.

Wednesday hoped Sern really believed what she had said. He was amazing or at least Wednesday thought so. How could anyone think otherwise? He made her laugh and smile and even blush? He was kind and interesting and even a bit mysterious. Sern was making this young hufflepuff who thought she was too young for crushes fall fast for him. Now that was saying something, something no less than amazing.

As he leaned over and whispered in her ear, Wednesday let out a small giggle. And sweet. He's sweet as well She thought knowing that the list could go on and on and on. Though she couldn't help but like that she thought so much of him. "The best day of your life" Wednesday repeated the words for some reason sounding right. "I must agree love" She said thinking that this day seemed better than the day of sorting.

"You know we should totally go out" Wednesday said pausing though making sure she did continue "Go out and get a couple butterbeers...sometime...if you'd like to of coarse" Wednesday said

Everything that had happened taht day was turning over in his head. He was hers. She could ask him to the ends of the earth and he would go. All of this was so new to sern.
I mean it had been hard enough to talk to someone and here he was pouring his heart to this girl...To this wonderful...perfect...only love...girl named wednesday.

When he heard "You know we should totally go out" his heart skipped more then a few beats and flew, though settled down when she finnished with saying "Go out and get a couple butterbeers". "oh.. yeah of course..." he fumbled with a ring on his finger for a moemnt before saying "It's not quite dark yet you know..." He didnt want to have to leave her and go back to his common room.

Wednesday smiled as Sern agreed to go out and get a few butterbeers. "And maybe we could go out a few times after that I mean...." she paused not quite sure what she meant. How was an eleven year old supposed to do in this situation? What did it even mean to be a couple? Holding hands and hanging out basically right? Wasn't that what couples at this age did? Well that was what Wednesday and Sern were doing. Though Wednesday wasn't sure.

"I mean.." She continued not knowing what she meant. Though when Sern said that it wasn't quite dark yet, Wednesday smiled. "I know" She said glancing over at him. "And I'm glad it's not" She added. It was true. The sun had not yet ruined the day she was having even though sometime she knew the sun would reach it's ending point creating an end to the day.

He waited until she was done speaking then replied, "I would love to..."

He was glad that they could see that they would be able to see the sunset.
And, thinking it was ok, he gave her a warm hug. And he held her gently. tingling warmth flew up through his body as he hugged her. And in his mind he was thanking his parents for sending him to this school.

Wednesday let out a small sigh of relief that Sern didn't think she was a babbling idiot and of coarse of happiness. If someone would have told her that age eleven she would fill all these emotions at once she would have laughed in their face but now....well now it was different.

As she glanced up at the sky, the sun was setting nicely. The purples were just being seen in the sky as she felt the warmth about her. She hugged Sern back thinking that now this day was perfect. "Perfect" She said though really it just so happened that she was thinking aloud.

"Aye" he whispered in her ear. She was so warm and soft agaisnt him. "perfect".
This is going to be a good year He thought as he continued to hold her.
He held the embrace for a while longer before pulling back from her to look into her eyes. And his own filled with affection and slight mystery.

Wedesday smiled as he agreed that it was perfect. Not thinking when she woke up this morning that her day would have turned out like this. Worring about Defense Against the Dark Arts and the Yule Ball as well as her Halloween costume. Though none of that really seemed to fill her mind at the moment, none of that seemed to matter.

As they pulled away she couldn't help but look into Sern's eyes. This all seemed so odd for an eleven year old but when was Wednesday's life not odd. For goodness sakes she was in a magical school for wizards and witches with this amazing guy that though she was beautiful. Life couldn't seem to get any better. Her eyes full of just plain joy with a hint of surprise. Joy was obvious as to why but the surprise was just as obvious. Never outside a fairy tale had Wednesday ever planned on seeing this.

"The sun is setting" Wednesday said hating to state the obvious especially when it was not the best obvious. "But I don't think Hufflepuff needs any points taken away from me breaking curfew" She said almost sadly that the sun had finished off the day without her own say.

Sern gave a long slow sigh, sern looked to the sunset.
"Neither" He finally said, looking to her...

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He half asked/half stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back