OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professor King stepped onto the lawn after a particularly routine, and thusly annoying day. Taking a long inhale he smiled a little as the fresh air flowed through him and rejuvenated him. After a few moments he found himself walking along the lake front, mind wandering and finally relaxing a little.

Zoe had finished up all her homework from all of her classes, and decided to go for a walk on the hogwarts grounds, and came upon a professor by the lake.
"Hello Professor, how are you today?" She asked him

(((shocked that anyone rped with him... :p )))

Snapping back to reality after hearing a voice Professor King glanced around, standing near him was Zoe-Hope, "Oh, Hello Ms. Weasley, I'm doing well now that I've gotten a break." he said with a slight smile, "How about yourself?"

((I was bored :D))

"I was just taking a stroll, I have just finished my homework from my classes, and needed some fresh air." Zoe said, as she walked towards the edge of the lake.

In the lake which those gathered were standing by, a pale greenish glow began to emanate. It grew in intensity until a ghostly figure levitated out of the lake. His armor glistening in the sun, and the wind seemed to just pass him by. He rose slowly, his face menacing, "Fresh air," he seemed to suck in air through his lungs, "Something I have not had the fortune to taste in aeons," he appeared to be speaking to himself. His cold eyes suddenly focused on those on the shore, "Who are you and why do you interupt my peace?"

"I am Nicolas King, and I apologize, I meant no harm, might I inquire to whom I speak?" he asked, reognizing the man's celtic armors and symbols on it, figuring that this was once a ritual site of some sort he decided it best not to upset the ghost.

Impressed by the man's calm demeanor so far, the ghost spoke, "I am Conri Mac Giolla Ri. I inhabited this place long before your castle," his mouth twisted, as if disgusted with the concept, "was built." His deep voice boomed, seeming to echo from everywhere around them, the water rippled underneath his feet. "Who are you." He growled.

"Would you mind, if I inquired what this land was before it was, well, what it is now?" Professor King inquired, hoping to gain knowledge of what this ghost's tie to the land was.

Conri looked at the man who was addressing him, his cold eyes looking him up and down, as if trying to determine weather this man was actually worth his time. For a brief moment, Conri seriously considered causing a minor earthquake and disappearing, but in the end curiosity won him over. Suspending his desire to torment the man for his pleasure, Conri spoke, "This was a sacred place of the Tuatha Dé Danann. I was the high general and protector of the last High King of Eire of our race. This was a colony, an attempt to colonize the Lands of the Dead; however it failed, and I died fighting off our enemies. I was awakened by the last descendant of my master, who currently resides at your...school," his mouth twisted at the last word, as if it pained him to speak it.

"I see..." Nicolas began, contemplating the knowledge he had just aquired, "I am sure noone meant to build this on the remains of your once great cizilization" hoping not to offend the ghost when he had said 'once', of course he assumed the ghost was not in denial. "This site probably should've been left alone, but mistakes such as these happen all to often." he finally resolved.

"They do," the ghost growled, his face stoic and scrutinizing the man on the shore. This meat intrigues me... he thought. "Who built this...thing," he demanded calmly, yet the subtle hint of excruciating pain as a result of an unsatisfactory answer came through clear as fresh spring water.

Zoe was just watching as the ghost, and the professor were talking back and forth, and began to yawn. history wasn't her favorite thing, she never really took an interest in the history of buildings.

"That is...interesting." She said with a little sarcasm.

"Excuse her." Nicolas stated nudging Zoe to be respectful, "and as for who built this castle, a large group of explorers did, sometime after your ritual site was destoroyed, ancestors of the current Headmistress." Nicolas explained.

Zoe got a hold of herself, then realised she was asked a question before, "Oh, sorry. I'm Zoe-Hope Weasley, a first year Slytherin." She answered to the ghost.

The ghost glared at the girl, "It is indeed quite interesting," his basso voice venomous, "And you should bare it in mind inside your...home."

Zoe nodded her head, then asked a question, "Did you go to the original Hogwarts when you were a boy?"

"No, Zoe he would not have, he probably lived over three thousand years ago." Professor King explained in a hushed tone to the girl beside him.

"Oh, alright. What was it like all that time ago?" She asked the ghost with some curiosity.

Conri glared at the girl, "Black and white," he sneered, "What do you think it was like?"

Zoe was a little taken aback by that very rude response, then said, "From what I've heard, it was full of interesting people, and wars." She said, then gave a little smile.

"Like your world today," he said dryly, "Except less interesting people. However, you do have wars, too. Except you fight like cowards."

"Most, fight like cowards." Professor King interjected.

"I haven't fought in a battle, and how are you to know how I would fight?" She said, even though she knew he was generalizing.

Professor King looked at Zoe oddly then turned back to Conri, he wasn't quite sure what the girl was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back