A visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastien Black

Sebastien walked upto the hospital wing door of persephone and knock on the door lightly.

Sebastien walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Hello I am the new co-charms professor, I was dropping by just to say hi. I also need to know where to send my students if something where to happen here at hogwarts."

Perse hurriedly got up and extended her hand to the professor. "Hello! It's very good of you to come to me about that." She smiled warmly at him. "I'm Persephone. Would you like to sit down for a cup of tea?"

"That would be nice", Sebastien said with a smile as he took an empty chair that was in front of Miss Archimedis.

Perse summoned her teaset over to the desk and poured the oolong tea into two cups. The teaset had been her mother's, the one good thing that had come from that woman. It held some good memories and it reminded her that not all of her childhood had been bad.
"Here you are,"she murmured with a smile, setting the cup in front of Professor Black. She set the sugar and cream in front of him as well.
"If your students are ever in need of my assistance, they can come here and either myself, Head Nurse Armstrong or Miss Stark will attend to them. Or you could send your Patronus to me with a message, if you're around them at the time of the accident."

Sebastien looked the women in the eyes, he saw something there but he did not know what . He took amusement from her, she seemed to be a little shy and seems to be hiding something. Interesting.

"Thank you , I will be sure to send a message some how" he replied with a smile.
"So how long have you been teaching or healing which ever you prefer?"

"I've taught a few subjects in my day,"she laughed. "My last post at another school was Care of Magical Creatures. I do miss teaching but I'm really burnt out on it at the moment. So,"she grinned ruefully,"I decided to accept the nurse's post here when Alicia mentioned the job was open."

"Nursing is nice, I like healing people and the students can be pretty funny." She took a sip of her tea. "You said you're the co-Charms professor?"she asked curiously.

Sebatien gave out a hearty laugh "Yes I am Co charms professor. Like you I needed to take a small break from teaching. Down the road sometime I will become a full teacher but until then I am happy at my post." Sebastien took a deep swig of his tea.

"So do you have a husband, or childern of your own?" Sebastien hoped that this question did not offend Perse.

Perse's hands trembled, shaking her cup within its saucer. She set it down hurriedly and with a small clatter. Whilst mopping up the overflow, she said quietly, "I was married."

Sebastien lowed his gaze. "Sorry, I meant no harm, please excuse my question we do not have to talk about this if you dont want." Sebastien said in a quiet voice trying not to look Perse in the eyes. I am such a Dementor. Sebastien waited in silence for perse to speak again.

Perse waved her hand airily. "Oh no, forgive me,"she said, recovering herself. "I can be such a silly goose about it." She paused for a moment, but felt compelled to continue. "He was a good man, Willem,"she said, pouring them more tea. It helped her to busy her hands. "He was...ill, for a long time. He succumbed to his illness a few years ago. I left my teaching post and travled abroad for a while, then Alicia offered me this job. It felt like coming home, in an odd way,"she said, smiling softly.

"So, if I may ask,"she said gently. "Have you a wife or children?"

Sebastien lowered his head. He felt it hard to breath. In a deep sad tone he answered "She was going to be my wife. I was going to ask her that night at dinner. I waited and waited she did not come. When I got home a Ministry offical and healer where there. I almost died when they told me that she had died, Doing a routine check up on a charms seller who said that his charms could protect wizards from death. When she got there she was about to make an arrest when...." Sebastien now had a tear rolling down his cheeck. "...He used the killing curse on her. After her death I went into seclusion for a while and when I came back Alicia highered me on.

Sebastien composed himself so she could not see his tears. He sat back up and look at Perse. He picked up his tea and took another drink.

"So how do you like it here." Sebastien said trying to lighten the mood.

Perse reached out and patted his hand, she couldn't help but give comfort to another who knew what she felt. She reached into her apron pocket and pulled out a bar of chocolat, opened it and put it beside their teacups.

"I'm very sorry you lost her,"she said softly, looking at him with compassion. She sensed he wanted to move on, so she sat back after eating a small piece of chocolate.

Feeling better, she said, "Oh, I like it alot here. Everyone's been very kind, well,"she amended thinking of the co-Headmaster,"nearly everyone." She ducked her head and smiled into her teacup. "I'm thinking of putting up a perch for my owl in the Hospital Wing, so he won't be lonely." Her owl was old and was sleeping on his perch in the corner.

Sebastien looked at the old owl and smiled. "Are you planning on getting a new owl?"

He had felt alot lighter since he had talked about his past and found comfort in Perse. She was one he could trust and it was easy to talk to.

"I have a raven myself" He took a sip of his tea.

"Oh, no, I'll have him for a long time. He's been a good owl to me, I've had him since my first year at Hogwarts in Scotland." She smiled softly as her owl hooted in his sleep.
"I once had a bat too, but we let him loose in the wild years ago. What's your Raven's name?"

"Oden is his name. He is named after my grandfather on my mother's side. My mother family crest is a raven with a wand in its beak and a rose in his claws. It represents power of magic and it consequence when used for evil. My patronus is a raven also. Most students from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic fell more comfortable with ravenclaw. My father was Darrius Black andhe comes froma long line of slytherin so that is where I would be If I attended hogwarts." Sebastien was about to say more but he had already said to much. He took another sip of tea.

"My Da was once pulled into dark magics,"Perse said,"but he spent the remainder of his life working against the dark arts. I think he felt he had a lot of atoning to do." She knew what it was like to walk among dark creatures, dark beings. Her travels had been filled with many. "Why, my own husband-"she bit her tongue. She'd been about to spill her most vile secret, one that would ostracize her from all the others.

"He, he fell by the darkness,"she said, trying to cover up what she'd been about to say. "He was in Slytherin at Hogwarts, I was in Ravenclaw."

"There are good people who've been in Slytherin,"she said gently.

"Yes there are" Sebastien whisper back. He place his had on Perse's hands. He only let them stay for a moment. "Your husband must have be a good man, you loved him so he had to have been to get someone as nice as ..." Sebastien did not finish his last thought. He felt mighty tongue loose today. He sat back and drank his tea waiting to see Perse's response.

"Yes, he was,"Perse said, drinking her tea. She'd always felt uncomfortable with any form of compliments so she strove desperately for something to say.
Her mind remainded blank and she felt like such a doofus.

"Oh, here and there,"Perse said, waving her hand airily. She grinned impishly, ruining the whole sophisticated thing she was going for.
"I traveled where I could study and learn new magics and art and music. I loved Venice and Greece the most but the wild beauty of northern Europe. I learned many new skills there,"she said with a smile.

"What about you, did you travel?"

"I lived in France and have been all over Europe" Sebastien said with a smile.
"I worked for the French Ministry of Magic".

Perse leaned forward excitedly. France had been a favorite haunt in her past. She missed the smell of baking bread and rich sauces. She grinned as every place always tied in with her belly.
"I adored France,"she said wistfully. "What department did you work in?"she asked interestedly. Her father had been a muggle liason for the England MoM.

"The Department of Experimental charms. It was a grueling job. We lost a good wizards and witches. I have seen and done charms that have never been used but I have seen some charms and spells of great destruction. " Sebastien gave a proud yet somber smile.

"I loved the job though" He added quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back