A Very Potter Christmas

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James had changed into a red sweater and some jeans as he walked into the Christmas party that was already in full swing. James smiled at his dad as he went over to the food table feeling hungry "Kiera do you want anything to eat?" James asked looking around and seeing that all of his family members were here along with some family friends, this was perhaps one of the few times of the year when James saw everyone in his family which also meant that Kiera would get to meet them all. "Hey Ted!" James called out to his cousin as he walked with James' other cousin Victorie, they had married a few years prior and were doing very well from what James had heard. "Hello Aunt Hermione" James said with a smile as his aunt as she went over to scold her cousin Hugo who was doing something he probably should have with some girl he had invited.

Kiera had changed into a pretty, lacy short white dress with a pair of black heels. She had taken off her wedding ring putting it in a safe place until after the party. Many of James' family members did not know about the wedding that had just happened so Kiera only kept on her engagement ring. It was enough for her to show her commitment to her husband. Kiera walked into the Potters' house, holding James' hand.

Kiera was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people there. She did not know how she would ever learn all these names. She had never even seen these people before and suddenly, they were her family too. It was a lot to take in. Kiera spotted her own family, mingling with the others. Kiera felt bad for her father as she realized he was probably the only muggle in the room. She wasn't sure her mother had even entered the house. Kiera turned her head as she heard James speak to her. She knew he could probably tell she felt overwhelmed. "Yes, please." she answered. "It's been hours since lunch." she said with a smile to him. It had been a long day for them both.

James looked at Kiera and noticed that her wedding ring was missing as he quickly removed his and placed it inside his pocket. "I'm sorry, I forgot how many people there was in the family, there also alot of friends of my father kinda sucks" James said as he handed Kiera a plate and began making one for himself. "Though, I think I still have a room here if you wanna go check it out later" James said with another smirk insinuating that they continued their wedding night where they had left off in the church, luckily Pastor Reverens hadn't caught them though as they left he had a smirk on his face that suggested he knew what they had done though he seemed to think that it hadn't been the first time a church had been desecrated in such a manner. Pastor Reverens was definitely one of the coolest Pastor's James had ever seen. James took a bite and smiled at his wife swallowing and kissing her again on the forehead "anyone you want to meet, or should we go say hi to your dad?" James asked wishing that Ravyn and Erica were here since at least then they would have some people they could talk with outside the family.

Kiera grinned at James as he took off his wedding ring. It sort of sucked that they had to hide their marriage but she knew it was only for the time being. She shook her head. "It's okay. I don't mind I just wasn't expecting it." she said honestly as she took the plate James handed her. She put food on it, not being too picky about what she ate. Kiera raised her eyebrow at James as insinuated that they should resume their wedding night else where. Kiera gave him a sly smile. "I'm voting for your flat as soon as this is over." she said in a flirtatious voice. She had a feeling that the guests who had been at the wedding would be suspicious of what had made the couple so late coming to the party. Kiera began to eat the food on her plate, smiling at her husband as he kissed her on the forehead. "It doesn't matter to me really." she said, noting that her dad was in a conversation with an older red-haired man she didn't know. He seemed to be interested in the conversation at least. Kiera looked back at James. "Is there anyone you would like me to meet?" she wondered.

"Well then hopefully we won't have to stay too long because I'm voting on that too" James said with a smirk as his grandmother appeared in front of him.

"Oh, every time he get's to talk with Muggles" Molly Weasley said as she scooped up some cookies for a few of the younger children not that their were many young children about aside from Ted's little girl Nymphadora who had just turned two a few months ago. "Hello James dear, oh and you brought a friend!" Molly said as she looked over at Kiera "I'm Molly Weasley but you can just call me grandma everyone does" Molly said as she shook her head.

"Hello Grandma, this is my girlfriend Kiera" James said with a smile it had been sometime since he'd seen his grandmother almost a year at least. It was refreshing to see that somethings still haven't changed. The look on Molly's face however suggested that she had read the prophet which gave James the impression that she may have thought Kiera a bad influence on him, quite the opposite. "The Prophet lied Grandma" James whispered too her as he looked back at Kiera and smiled.

"Of course the Prophet lied honey, I'm always telling Arthur you have to read that thing twice if you want any truth to their stories!" Molly said with a smile though the look on her face had definitely become more friendly.

Kiera was about to reply to James' comment when his grandmother appear before them. She heard the woman's words and assumed that her dad was talking to James' grandfather. As long as he had someone to talk to, Kiera wouldn't worry about him. Kiera smiled at the woman as she turned to them and introduced herself. Kiera didn't understand the look on Molly Weasley's face. James noticed the look too before whispering in her ear. His grandmother became more friendly and Kiera let out a sigh of relief. She flashed James a warm smile showing her affection and gratefulness. "Its a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Weasley." she said in a friendly voice. "How are you?" she said, politely. It was important that his family liked her since she was now a part of it. Kiera wondered if she should take off her engagement ring as James introduced her as his girlfriend. Kiera decided not to since they were going to announce the engagement to the world anyways.

"Oh I'm fine dear just got to make sure Arthur doesn't embarrass himself again what with his employees here and all, he's head of his department you know" Mrs. Weasley said proudly even though Arthur Weasley had been head of his department for years. "Ron! George!!" Mrs. Weasley called out as she walked over and hugged her fourth and fifth son.

"Grandma's a little weird" James said as he watched her move, even when he was little he remembered that grandma Weasley could move fast despite her old age and could catch them at anything but the most carefully laid out plans, dad had always said it was because of Uncle Fred and George that she'd gained those necessary skills otherwise she never would've lasted. It was hard to believe since Uncle George was a passive person something Harry had said occurred when his twin had died. James never knew his uncle Fred but knew that he would've liked to. "She's really kind though" James said feeling like he needed to defend his grandmother against his own words. There was much laughter and noise in the room but if you were to look in through the window you definitely would've seen a family that loved each other, James looked at Kiera and smiled. She was now a part of this family and would bring more love into the family.

Kiera smiled as she saw James needing to defend his grandmother against his own words. He really did have a kind heart. Kiera's grandparents on her father's side had died when she was very young. She had never had the chance to really know them. It was nice to be here with all of his family since she could tell they really loved each other. Kiera's whole life, her family had consisted of her father, brother and sister. It was weird to have this much family now. Kiera reached over and took her husband's hand in her own. "I like her. She's nice. I've never had a grandmother." she commented.

"They are nice but you tend to get over the family thing pretty quick when your all together like this" James said with a bit of a laugh as Percy's daughter ran by them being chased by someone James didn't recognize. "Seem like overnight, I became one of the adults" James said with a chuckle as old memories passed by when all of the teenagers and young adults were simply toddlers and children running around and playing with parents desperate to get a hold of them. "I think I'm going to go get some fresh air, do you want to come?" James asked Kiera as he really was beginning to feel slightly claustrophobic being surrounded by all of his family members, it was different from the normal crowds he was always surrounded by. He felt trapped by the piercing eyes of those that knew him and yet he was keeping a big secrete from them. James looked over at his dad for a brief instant who was chatting it up with Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione like he always did when those three got together. James didn't know how he could hide everything so easily as his eyes turned towards him causing James to look away back towards Kiera.

Kiera laughed and shook her head at James. "No, I rather like it. It would take some getting used to but I like it. Its different from my small family." she said with a smile. She thought she was going to like this family, her new family. Kiera laughed as James said it seemed like he became an adult overnight. "It might have to do with the fact you grew up." she teased him. "That plus you got married. That can change your perspective." she said, only to James. Kiera felt bad that he was having to hide their relationship from his family. Kiera nodded her head at James' question. "I would love to." she said as she followed her husband outside.

The night air was chilly, causing Kiera to shiver. Kiera turned to James, wrapping her arms around his waist, pulling herself closer to him. She loved him with every fiber in her being. She looked up at him, wondering what was bothering him. She thought she might have an idea. "James darling, I've been thinking and well...since all your family is here, do you want to announce our engagement?" she asked quietly. "I mean since we are telling the Prophet we might as well tell your family first." she said thinking logically.

"That sounds like a good idea" James said as he held Kiera close, he thought about lighting more bluebells but decided that he wanted to use his own warmth instead. James breathed in the night air as he looked back down at Kiera "just not right now, I just want to be with you" James said with a smile. Once James announced the engagement everything would start to come out at a fast pace James knew he was keeping a secrete from his family but he wasn't regretting it and actually enjoyed it. Kiera was a his biggest secrete, something that he loved and had only let a few see, James knew that once everyone found out the moments where James and Kiera did have peace and quiet would be fewer and fewer as others would want to get close to them. James would have to leave Kiera and when he did James knew that malicious temptations would try to pull them apart just to see if they could, James knew he wouldn't fall to these temptations and trusted that Kiera wouldn't either but the thought of having to go threw that was terrible enough.

James tightened his hold on Kiera just enjoying the moment of clarity he received when he was around her the freedom that they could love each other and not be judged by everyone for their mistakes or what others thought was right. "You know, I could run away with you to some remote area and leave everything behind" James said as he looked down at her and admired her once more for the strength she gave him. "If you wanted me too, I think it would be easy as long as I had you with me" James said smirking at the comment, it was a horrible idea to be thinking of running away from it all when he was surrounded by so many people that loved him dearly but James couldn't help but feel it and knew that if anyone in the world would understand it was Kiera. "Your the only thing in my life that need to have in it" James said as he leaned down and kissed his wife's forehead as he looked back up at the starry sky.

Kiera snuggled into her husband as he held her tight. His body heat was beginning to warm her up so that her teeth stopped chattering. Kiera could understand why James didn't want to tell anyone yet. As soon as the news was leaked, their lives would be much more hectic. She was enjoying this private time with James, even if his family was right inside. Kiera smiled at her love and nodded her head. "Okay. I'm okay with that. I love just being with you." she said simply. Kiera wanted to stay right here for the rest of her life. She knew that was impossible. As soon as Christmas break ended, she would have to go back to school with her duties of being Head Girl. It would not be easy working so closely with Alex when they were no longer together. Being right here with James was a much better option.

Kiera felt James' hold on her tighten. She responded by placing her head on his chest. She was not tall enough to reach his shoulder. Kiera listened to his words. The look he gave her made her want to blush. It was like she was something more than what she was. Her heart warmed. His words were romantic. Kiera looked up at him with a look of adoration mixed with all the love she could muster. "I would go with you anywhere. Anywhere you wanted me to run. Anytime you wanted me to." she said, meaning every word. Kiera would leave school, her family, and her gymnastics career. Everything. In an instant just to be with him.

"Don't say that" James said with a smile as he looked down at her "Because it's an offer I want to take but know I can't" James said as he thought about why it sucked to be an adult, when he was younger he could do things that might get himself or others into trouble, think later and act now just to see where it would take them. While he still had some of those impulses they were more focused and James had learned to trust in them as more intuition rather then simple leaps of faith. "We have goals and things we want to do with our lives" James said casually "we could never be complete if we just threw them away just for each other no matter how right that sounds" James said as he looked down at her feeling like he ought to have more wisdom then he should since he was now a husband.

"I want to keep you mine because I'm selfish but your meant for the world" James said as he turned and looked inside "I love you and you know that so I can let you go for now because I know we'll still be together in the end" James said feeling as though some more clarity had been brought to him by Kiera. "Come on, let's go tell everyone the good news" James said knowing that while he may not want to give the news away, he should because everyone here was family and would love them both all the more for letting them in a place that was for James and Kiera only. "I love you Kiera Potter, I'll never do anything that would hurt you" James said knowing that he meant every word of it, Kiera was something that meant giving everything up for and James knew that he would do so without hesitation or a second's though.

Kiera looked up at James as he talked to her. He was right. It was enough for her that they both wanted to leave behind the world, even though they couldn't. She couldn't give up on her dreams and neither could he. They would accomplish their goals and dreams together, as a family. His words made her heart swell inside her chest. They would always be together now. If not physically, they were joined by something more, by marriage. Kiera held James closer to her as he said they should go tell everyone the good news. She nodded her head before kissing him on his jawline.

"Let's go inside. They will never forgive us if we don't tell them before the Prophet." Kiera said reasonably. She paused for a minute as he said something else to her. She looked up at him as her heart rate increased as he called her Kiera Potter. She rather liked it. Her eyes were wide with happiness and love, just meant for James. "I love you, James Potter. I would never hurt you. I trust you. I never want to be parted from you for as long as I live. Any momentary absence will be alright because we will still be together in the end." she said, knowing it was true. James was hers for eternity just like she now belonged to him. "Come on, lets go tell your family." Kiera said with a playful kiss.

James kissed her back if only a brisk touch of the lips as he went back inside with her James saw his dad and smiled as Harry Potter nodded and began to call everyone to attention. James wasn't sure how he was going to tell everyone or what those who knew his little secrete would do but James knew that he had to tell them. Harry looked at James and without words gave him the floor as he stepped into the center of the room. "Good evening everyone" James said looking around at all the Potters, Weasley's, Granger's, and several others that he called family "I know I've come off as impulsive in the past few years when I joined the Canons" James began as he looked at everyone and they stared back "but I... no, we just wanted to let you know" James said as he squeezed his arm around Kiera to indicate that it was the two of them speaking and not just him.

"We're engaged" James said with a smile as there was a burst of noise coming from all over. James heard Grandma Weasley yell out "Great Grandchildren!" as she ran over towards Kiera with have the other females except perhaps Ginny and Hermione who stayed back and talked. James however had been separated from Kiera by the congratulatory pulls of the males as his Uncle Ron began talking about the last match he'd played in with the Canons and how he should've flown down faster in order to avoid the bludger. Uncle George was talking about the shop and Uncle Percy was talking about investments that might help him for the future. James looked back towards Kiera as the girls had all wanted to see her engagement ring while the men seemed to want to talk about anything but the fact that James was supposed to get married.

Kiera followed James back into the house. Her heart quickened as she saw Harry calling attention to everyone. She gave him a nervous smile before James began to talk. She was slightly afraid that James' family would not be approving of her. Kiera nodded her encouragement to James as he looked down at her, squeezing her shoulders. As James said that the couple was engaged, there was a burst of noise. Everyone began talking at once, swarming around them. It was chaotic and loud. Kiera had never been put in a situation like this before. But then again, she had never been part of an announcement this big. Kiera was separated from James by most of his female family members.

As the women crowded around her, Kiera smiled as best as she could. The enthusiasm caught her off guard. She was expecting a much more hesitant reaction from his family. Kiera tried to answer everyone's questions about when the wedding was, how long they had been engaged, and so on and so on. She showed them all the beautiful pink diamond ring that she was never taking off of her finger from this day forward. Kiera smiled and talked to them all, trying to remember their names as they introduced themselves to her. When Grandma Weasley asked about great-grandchildren, Kiera tried to laugh it off by saying that she and James both had other things to accomplish with their lives. The older woman looked rather disappointed.

Soon enough, all the excitement died down and the people dispersed. She had met almost everyone, minus James' closest aunt and uncle. Kiera once again found herself at James' side. Kiera smiled brightly up at her husband. "Well that was fun." she said in an amused tone.

"Yeah fun" James said with a smile as he put his arm around her. People were starting to dissipate as the party had been going on for three and a half hours and it seemed to be getting late. James would be lying if he said he didn't want to go back to his flat and finish his wedding night with Kiera but knew that it would be rude to do so and instead walked over towards his parents with Kiera at his side as they talked to Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron. "It was a great party mom and dad we're glad to have been invited" James said knowing that it was probably the most polite thing to say even though it did feel as though he was a child again entering in a very adult conversation between his parents and his aunt and uncle.

"Your dad was just telling us about the wedding and how he wished we could've made it" Aunt Hermione said to James with a certain shock that would've made anyone stick out their eyes in surprise. "James I saw your wedding ring when you came in, plus Harry could never keep it a secrete from us not that you should either" Hermione said in a scolding tone that reminded James of both his mother and Grandmas Weasley. "Don't worry, we're not mad, we're very happy you two, welcome to the family Mrs. Potter" Hermione said as she indicated that both she and Uncle Ron were happy for her though Uncle Ron looked as though he had been left out on the mystery and was just finding out about it as he quickly said congratulations.

"Thanks" James said feeling embarrassed it really was impossible to hide anything from the smartest witch of the age, James was glad that he wasn't her kid since it would've been very difficult to get away with anything. Though James' cousin Rose was supposed to be just as smart as her mother which didn't surprise James of course. "Well I think it's getting late and we've had a long day" James said deciding that it might be best to leave things at that since while Aunt Hermione said things were fine and congratulated them she was also known to have a pretty good hex list that she had used a couple times on Uncle Ron.

Kiera leaned into James' arm. She was happy here, happy with him. People were beginning to leave the house, making it clear that the party was ending. Kiera walked with James towards his parents. She hoped they were going to say goodbye so that they could continue their wedding night. She was looking forward to that. Kiera smiled at his..her family. "Thank you for having me Mr. and Mrs. Potter." Kiera said politely.

Kiera's chocolate eyes widened in shock as James' aunt said that she knew about the wedding. She had heard this woman was brilliant and her words proved that it was true. James hadn't been wearing his ring long but she had caught sight of it. Kiera grinned at Hermione. "Thank you Mrs. Weasley and you too Mr. Weasley." she said, still feeling like she couldn't call the adults by their first names. It was a Southern thing. A sign of respect. Kiera let out a small yawn. It had been a long day for her full of happiness and joy. But it had taken a lot out of the small girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back