Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
boys <3
Wand
Straight 12" Sturdy Redwood Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Valeria knew that her next person was at the pitch, she had overheard her teammate talk about how he was coming to the pitch for practice or something. So she knew to first check here before going all the way back inside to then end up having to come all the way back out. She was glad that seemed to have caught him at the tail end of it as as she approached he was leaving. "Sawyer!" she called out, waving to him slightly to keep his attention before making sure that the waving hadn't cause the pink rose in her hair to fall out.

Yellow rose to Sawyer Carnahan

Sawyer knew Valentine's was a big deal but he couldn't help but want to take advantage of a hopefully mostly empty pitch. Ravenclaw being in the finals this year was also a big deal and as much as Sawyer liked to think he wasn't that competitive, he really wanted them to win. He was just adjusting his gloves, broom resting along the tops of his feet when someone called out his name and Sawyer glanced over to see Valeria making her way over. "Hey, looking to get in some extra practice too? Not that I'm not glad for the company I just prefer trying to catch quaffles than bludgers and all."

Last edited:
Valeria frowned at Sawyer, he was kind of cute, maybe a little serious for her tastes, but he was a boy, and not that much older than her. "Oh no, I'm perfectly happy with my natural talent to do extra practices," she assured him with a wide smile, her tone certainly indicating that she believed it. She reached into her basket and pulled out a yellow rose, "I have a rose for you," she said holding it with the note out to him.

Sawyer,

I hope you like this rose. Maybe one day I’ll teach you how to put it in a flower crown.

Happy Valentine’s Day.
Love Essie xoxo

"Ah, so be so lucky," Sawyer said sagely, perking up a little when Valeria said she had a rose instead. "Oh, cool thanks," he said, taking the rose and note, smiling and flushing a little at the message from Essie. He was sure she signed all her notes with x's and o's but it still made his stomach twist up a little to see. "So uh, think I could manage practice with this between my teeth or something? That's chic, right?" He said, clearing his throat and waggling the rose with a raised eyebrow.

Valeria watched this boy as he opened his note, and was very curious about the face he made, he seemed to like it, but perhaps not too much. "Oh yeah, so chic," she told him. "You'd have to fly slowly, to stop the petals from flying off when you get up into the air," She suggested. "How long have you been on the team?" She decided to ask, since this was her first full conversation with Sawyer and she was curious about him.

Sawyer made a show of thinking her suggestion over, tapping his chin with the rose and nearly making himself sneeze. "Might not be worth it. I suppose I'll just have to be un-chic today," he said with a put-upon sigh. He tucked the rose awkwardly in his pocket, deciding he'd have to jog over to his bag later and put it somewhere safe, looking back at Valeria when she asked about the team. "Ah yeah, I guess this is my fourth year now, which is pretty cool," he said with a shrug. He hadn't expected Quidditch to become something he cared about so much, at least not on this side of the stands, but he was glad for it. "What about you? Did you play Quidditch at your old school?"

Valeria giggled lightly as she watched him try the suggestion and then sneeded. She didn't think he was her type but he was a little cute. She nodded, "Oh wow, that's a long time, explains why you're so good," she complimented, though of course he was looking to practice more meant he maybe disagreed. "Oh no, I was homeschooled," she told him with a little smile. "I got taught how to play, but you can't exactly play quidditch with just one person,"

"I will happily take the compliment, regardless of its accuracy," Sawyer said blithely, giving a little bow and flourish. He supposed he had to be at least passable by now for how long he'd been playing. "Ah that makes sense. Didn't use your parents for bludger practice then, huh? Maybe that's why I'm a keeper, my sister probably wouldn't let me near a beater's bat at home."

Valeria gave a little giggle at his statement and then shook her head lightly. "I went through a lot of quidditch tutors," she countered, she had gone through a number but not because she was targetting them with bludgers intentionally. "I found the keeper position boring, no offense," she said honestly, having never enjoyed being too stationary in the sport.

"Ah, that explains your aim then," Sawyer said with a sage nod. Valeria was still pretty new on the team but it hadn't taken her long to start knocking everyone around, which was great for the team and not so great for Sawyer's body. "None taken. As a boring person, I think it suits me," he said with a shrug. "It's not for everyone, but I like having time to think," he offered. "Plus, in theory, no one's hitting bludgers at me," he added, wishing Juniper was around to take his point.

Valeria giggled lightly at his sage wisdom, before thinking it very interesting that he called himself boring, and even thought it was a place to think. "That's true," she admitted, at least he'd only be hit by a stray bludger at best. "For the record, I don't think you're boring Sawyer," she added with a little shrug, she didn't really know him and he could very well be one of the more boring people at the school, but given he did play quidditch and could at least joke about a little he wasn't too boring. "What do you end up thinking about while everyone else is flying around?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back