A touch of home

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda strolled down to the quidditch pitch early, she had no intention of flying, she hadnt received permission yet. She lay 'Falcon' on the ground beside her as she sank to the ground. Crossing her legs she smiled as she looked all about her. She was sitting right in the middle of the quidditch pitch, she took her uncles letter out and read it again.

Hey Ace,

What's up with you then? Hope you're getting on alright. Your mom
said you got in to Gryffindor, well done you kid! I knew you had it in you. Do
me proud now, yeah! No news just checking in. Have you had much time for
flying?
Heard about that new broom you got as well, have to let me try it out
during the holidays. Taking a break now as the season is over for another year,
will be back to training the boys again soon enough, for now I've decided to stay close. Essie has kindly let me stay at the Gables, so will cramp my style but hey,
it's free!
Write to me any time yeah, about anything! You know you can.
Sorry, I wasn't there for you Ace, really I am. It can't have been easy. Hope you've made some decent friends at HNZ! Missing you kiddo.

Hey and remember what I always say to you yeah...
Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!

Here if you need me

Patrick

she held it tight in her hand and lay back on the grass looking up at the sky. She might not be able to go up there just yet, but soon! Really soon. She smiled -
that was where she belonged, her hand reached out and brought her broom in closer to her side. In her mind she was twisting and turning, ducking and diving between clouds. She gave a contented sigh and gave herself up to the wonder of her imagination.

Ginny walked onto the pitch out of habit and she was finished her class so she was free. She noticed a girl lying in the middle of it. Hmm, i wonder if she's sleeping,ginny thought. A mischevious grin appeared on her face and she ran towards her. 'hello,' she said leaning over her. 'You do know this is the pitch and you're in the middle of it. very dangerous if you ask me.'

Andromeda sat up with a fright.
"Oh, sorry I knew it would be empty at this time!" she straightened herself up, smiling at the girl infront of her, "It's the closest I can get to the sky! sounds funny I know - me down on the lowest part of the ground but it's different when your looking straight up!"
She so hoped she didn't sound crazy!

ginny looked at her with a confused look. she saw the broom next to her. 'If that's why you're here, why aren't you up a tree or on your broom. After all, that's a very high-quality broom.'Ginny said trying to figure out what the girl was trying to say.

Andromeda stood up now, clutching her sienna storm close to her.
"A tree I've done before when my mom grounded me from flying for two days, it really isn't the same. Way too much foliage - I like the open space of the sky!" she sighed again.
"I'm only a first year, so technically can't fly just yet. I'm waiting for approval actually!" She hunched her shoulders and looked back up at the sky.
"Did you ever know you were meant to be somewhere, somewhere you weren't?" She looked at the girl infront of her, she didn't know why she was off loading on her but sometimes talking to strangers was easier.
"My mom wasn't suppose to fly in her last trimester, but my grand-uncle who my mom was very close to had died, so she insisted on flying all the way back to Ireland from Italy. She gave birth to me on the plane and due to complications, lost my twin." Andromeda looked to the sky again.
"So, I was in a sense born flying!"

ginny laughed slightly. 'Why are you waiting approval though? Can't you not just fly? I did. I know that exact feeling though, don't worry, i know it right to the extremes.' ginny replied.

"I so don't want to get into trouble on my second week! It's killing me to wait but I will, once I know that at the end of it - I get to soar!" she smiled now at the girl infront of her, "I'm so sorry, I'm Andy. Gryffindor 1st year."

'True.' ginny agreed. 'See what i want to know is why most first years do that, no offense though. see i don't really know why they think that they should say what house they're in. I mean, if you're a slytherin, for example, big deal. if you already get along with the person what's the difference?' ginny said, before managing to stop herself. she put her hands overher mouth shocked. 'Did i just say that?'

"Actually I don't know why I said it, it's the first time I have. I have a few friends in each of the houses, I don't get this whole better than thou thing that goes on but that's just me!" Andy shrugged, "I guess I'm usually in full uniform and people know, now I'm just in my shirt and skirt!"

'Anyway, just forgot i said that. i never meant it really. Im sorry if I offended you.' ginny apologized. 'I'm ginny though. nice to meet you though. seems like you like the feel of the wind and no gravity though.Just like me, seriously,' ginny said more politely now.

Andromeda's eyes widened "You're a flying geek too?" realising what she had just said, she clamped a hand over her mouth, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean it like that. And I wasn't offended earlier Ginny."
Andy thought she had just messed up what might have been quite a nice friendship even if it was only based on flying!

'Well, you could call it that. i sneak out almost everynight just to feel the wind on my face, honest.' ginny said, chuckling slightly.

'Yeah. I know it's dangerous but i guess that makes it all the more funner.' ginny said happilly. 'you're happy to join me any time. Noone does inmy dorm.'

"I've never flown at night before!" Andy looked at her, "I know everyone says Gryffindors are supposed to be brave but thanks to my folks there's also a Ravenclaw in there somewhere and I think until I learn lumos or something, I'd better not risk it!"

ginny laughed at the girl's comment. 'True, true. not many people are as risky as me. Still don't know why i'm in ravenclaw.'Ginny said.

Andromeda had to laugh too. She tried to imagine what it must be like flying at night, up in the sky amongst the stars - she became nearly giddy with excitement.
"I think it must be fabulous to fly at night", she sighed "Are you on the Ravenclaw quidditch team?"

'You bet! I'm a beater and i mean beater. I have terrible aiming.' Ginny answered. 'I take it you won't be able to try out then?'

"Oh, I can - Bruin is going to wait till the first years have had some lessons to give us all a fair shot I suppose! but i'm going to go and see the team have a practise before that! can't wait!"

'Oh, thats new.' ginny said surprised. 'You'll love quidditch. it's rough but it's so fun. So what clases are you're favourite apart from flying?'

"I don't know - they've only all really just started. I was in a muggle school before here so it's all pretty new!" she smiled, "And I am a huge fan of quidditch. My uncle was captain for the Irish team, retired last year to be assistant coach- he's hoping for the actual coach position by the end of this year!"
She looked at the letter that was still in her hand and smiled.
"He calls me Ace!"

'Wow. Quidditch assistant coach. he must be good, Ace.' ginny said cheerfully, joking on the last part.

Andromeda laughed, "You know the girls on the train asked me if I had any nicknames but because Patrick is the only one to ever call me that, I said no! And he is Brilliant with a capital 'B'!"

[[ooc...have a scapbook with him in it on my character background.]]

'That's good.' ginny said, not knowing what else to say at that point.

Andromeda knew she had over done it again..."Sorry when it comes to my uncle and quidditch and flying - I am so OTT!"
She squeezed her broom tightly and looked about the pitch.
"I'm keeping you from flying aren't I?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back