A time for trouble

Nena Lorine

Nena was a bit sleepy, but laying in her bed, she realized that she didn't have to sleep. She looked over quickly, and noticed the other girls were also asleep. She smiled and slowly climbed out of bed, her nightgown barely reaching past her mid thighs. She smiled and ran her fingers through her bright red hair, and grabbed herself a robe. She trough it on over her nightgown and headed out into the school corridors. She loved how empty it was at night, and that no one could see her in the darkness. She smiled and walked out onto the lawn.

The cool night air made her shiver, but she just couldn't resist the light of the moon; it was her addiction. She decided that seh would wait out here until someone found her, or her cousin came looking.

Sneaking along the corridors, Sergei came to an abrupt halt when he slammed against the front door. Hoping nobody had heard, he carefully opened the door and snuck out on to the grounds, the cold air blowing against his ankles. "Damn, knew I needed new pyjamas," he muttered to himself in Russian. Mostly, Sergei tried to speak English or Russian, so he could be understood. When he was frustrated or stressed or angry, however, he found himself reverting to his mother's native tongue: French. It was odd. Katerina did it too, though. Anastasia wasn't quite old enough to have any sort of mastery of any languages apart from Russian, and a little English. Sergei sighed. Soon Katerina would be gone, and he'd have to keep an eye out for Stacey. Sergei wasn't much of a guardian. He was much too irresponsible. Plus, he could be quite bad tempered. Without Katerina around, Sergei didn't know if he'd be able to watch over his little sister. Katerina was so level-headed, even-tempered, and intelligent. Sergei didn't measure up.
Sighing again, Sergei's eyes narrowed as he noticed a girl standing in the light of the moon. Mustering up his best Professor voice, Sergei boomed, "Now what are you doing out of your room at this time of evening, young lady?"

A noise caused Nena to perk her head up. She didn't think a professor would make this much noise while patrolling the corridors. She could hear footsteps behind her, but it was too late to move any. A voice boomed behind her, and she could swear she just laid a golden egg. She was in for it this time; she might even get expelled. She had been in so much trouble this month, that she had lost count of how many detentions she had, had. And if she didn't get expelled, Axelle would surely kill her.

"I-I'm sorry sir, i was." She muttered standing up. when she turned around, she nearly hugged the actual person. He wasn't a professor. "Who are you?" She asked him after realizing how bad he had scared her.

Noticing how he had scared the poor girl, Sergei stifiled a laugh, and bowed gracefully. "Apologies, m'lady. Sergei Ivanov, at your service." Straightening up to his full height of 5'8", Sergei grinned. He wasn't quite the tallest person around, but he supposed he was only 15. He had time to grow. That's what his mother kept telling him, anyway. His father kept berating him for being so short - his father was 6'3". The mischievious grin on the fifteen year old's face didn't belong on the face of the future patriach of the Ivanov family, a family that held high esteem in the Ministry of Magic in Russia. Katerina was more suited to that role, but in the last few years she had begun to smile and relax more, and she was a girl, anyway. Anastasia was too bright and bubbly to be an Ivanov. Sergei, being the only son, had the responsibility to follow his father and carry on the Ivanov name. But if he couldn't even be as tall as his father, how could he expect to fill those shoes?
Realising he was busy thinking to himself, he brought himself back to earth. "And you are?"

She smiled at the guy, whom bowed to her. It was kind of cheesy in her opionin. Seh smiled at him more when he turned out to be much taller then her. Nena had always been short, much like her cousin Axelle; it ran in the family. "I'm Nena, so what are you doing out this late?" Seh asked, stuffing her hands in her robe pockets and looking around. She could feel herself shiver a bit, it was a very cool night out.

"Oh, you know," Sergei replied, airily and dismissively. "Bit of this, bit of that. And you, my lady?" he asked, grinning. Sergei always acted quite chilvarious. Whether it had once been serious or as a joke, he wasn't quite sure anymore. It had just stuck. Mostly, it was all in the name of fun. Sergei lived to have fun. He was hardly serious, not like his father or his older sister. "Cold?" he asked, removing his cloak and giving it to the girl. He had his robe over his pyjamas, he was okay.

She smiled at him and made a snorting noise when he called her 'my lady'. She wasn't much for being treated with respect, growing up in a home with her uncle, whom owned it. She rolled her eyes. "One, i'm not your lady, two, i can roam if i want." She paused and took his cloak. "And three, thank you." She said with a big grin.

"So does bits of this and that include following me?"

"M'apologies. Used to over-the-top politeness, ya know," Sergei replied, with a grin. Sergei was kind and gentle, compared to his father. His father wasn't a bad man, but wasn't exactly gentle either. He had to be strong, he was the patriach of the house after all, he had three children to raise and an important job in the ministry. Well, only two children now. Katerina was eighteen and moving out, so it was just Sergei and Ana. Sergei being his prime focus.
"Following you? Certainly not!" he exclaimed, horrified. "I'm astounded that you would think so poorly of me. I couldn't sleep, that's all," he said, shrugging. "So I thought I'd go for a wander."

She smiled at him and nodded, not really understanding what would make one so polite. She grinned at the way he reacted to her comment and stated, "I didn't say that following me would make me think poorly of you; as you put it." She looked at him, head tilted to the side; he was an interesting man, she could already tell. "Yes, go for a wander." She muttered, repeating his words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back