Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Mallory was pleased to be back for another semester. Classes started tomorrow, and she was eager to see her students. After stopping by to see Misha and Lydia, she went back to her office. She set a cleaning spell immediately, humming as her books and shelves started to dust themselves. Amara followed into the room, jumping onto the couch and curling up on a throw pillow. Mallory smiled fondly at the Sphynx cat and moved to her desk. With another flick of her wrist, the plants watered themselves. She settled into her chair, opening her ledgers and setting to work preparing her class lists for the summer.

She longed for home, but now she was very much away from Russia, so all she could do was find someone to talk to or spend time with. She didn't know anyone yet, but she could use help of professor with surviving the moving to New Zealand. “Hello. I - do you have a free time?'' Blair smiled slightly at the professor without getting into the office completely.

Mallory glanced up when she heard a voice, smiling softly and closing her books. "Yes, hello, darling," she greeted in Russian, before continuing in English. "I always have time for students, my dear. How may I help you?" She asked, motioning for the girl to enter her office. "Please, sit. Would you like some tea?"

Blair understood that it was right decision to come to professor Mallory when she spoke in Russian. "Can I continue to speak in Russian? English is not my first language," she lightly blushed and closed door after her. "I just transfered from Koldovstoretz and I just had several questions about this school." Blair answered with really strong accent. It was more than easy to understand that English wasn't that comfortable to girl. "Yes, tea would work. Thank you!" Girl sheepishly said. She easily knew how to talk with peers, but adults.. it was a little bit harder, actually it was way more harder.

Mallory smiled, getting up to get the tea. "Of course we can speak in the mother tongue, darling, whatever makes you feel better. Professor Haden, next door, he also speaks Russian if ever you need to talk and you can't find me," She spoke as she set about making tea. "Transferring so far is quite the change. Are you settling in alright? I know when I left St. Petersburg for Arrowtown it was quite the shock," Mallory chuckled. She poured a few cups and returned, settling into her seat again and sliding the second cup over to the girl. "I am Professor Corrins. What is your name, darling?" She asked.

Blair let out relieved sight, she expected everything, but not that sweet professors. "Next door, professor Haden, alright, noticed! Thank you," Blair thankfully smiled at her and get more comfortable in her chair. She mostly knew that she would still prefer to come to professor Corrins. "Not really, it's too hot for me there. At some moments it's so hot that I just want to get in any freezer that is big enough." she admitted with quiet laugh. "And I still don't know any of my peers here. Was it hard for you to get used to New Zealand too? I am from Arkhangelsk and now I am in Wanaka, it's beautiful." she softly smiled. She knew that she will miss snow and Russia a lot, but it wasn't unexpected, she knew it when she got in the plane. "Thank you," Blair thankfully looked at professor and took a cup in her hands and lightly pressed both hands to cup, and smiled. Smell of the tea always reminded her home, mom always drank tea while working and that was the reason why she loved it so much. "Blair Silver," she quietly replied. She almost always talked quietly, she talked loudly pretty rarely, she really disliked loud noises. "I can't get used to Hogwarts here, especially Quidditch. Brooms, they are so weird, not capable of real work that they are used to." she fastly started and giggled at brooms. It wasn't her first day here, but she still found it really weird. "And in Koldovstoretz I already knew it, but after Hogwarts.. uh, is it possible to enroll in any muggle university? I was thinking about learning for a professional dancer and choreographer, but is it possible after magical school?" it surely was one of the main things that bothered her. Yes, she probably was thinking too far, but she knew what she wanted to achieve when she was just a really small kid, and she wasn't that person that changed plans or thoughts fastly.

Mallory chuckled a little, brushing her hair back. "I understand, darling. I often miss the soft snowfalls and quiet winter nights." She sighed gently, smiling. "Moving to New Zealand was hard. But I had family here, and I found a place here at the school." She sipped her tea.

Mallory smiled as the girl introduced herself. "Blair Silver, what a pretty name." She looked over as Amara jumped off the couch and wandered under the desk. "Quidditch is very interesting," She mused, sipping her tea again. "I myself will never understand how the players willingly let themselves be bludgeoned with bludgers." She shook her head. Her interest was piqued as the girl asked about after school. "Oh, of course, darling. There is actually a young woman who just graduated that I'm told went to a dance school in North America." Mallory didn't speak much to the Michaels family, but Tyra often had James Michaels over and the two of them gossiped often, which Tyra was keen to share.

Mallory pulled over a piece of paper, scribbling down a few resources. "I'm going to list a few places where you can start. You are in my third year classes, yes? I don't have you this semester so you must be one of my third years. You should go see your head of house to start, they can help." She gave the girl a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back