A Table For Two

Kyler Norton

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn/ Sally
These past one and a half years had been chaotic and disastrous for Kyler and his grades. He had been lost and foolish to abandon his study for the charming veelas. Perhaps part of him felt like he was tired of being in the cycle that his family had set and that he wanted to prove to them that he was his own person. But then Alethia came to his life, reminding him what kind of life he should've pursued. He wanted to show her his achievement after months of diligent studies. He had owled her to meet him at the balcony that was attache with his room, after her studies of course. It was 6 p.m and the sun was still up while summer breeze blew gently against the curtain. Kyler had specifically told the house elf to serve spaghetti puttanesca, garlic bread with melted mozzarella, cream soup, with chocolate lava as the dessert.

If it was someone else then Kyler might not put too much effort and put some sort of a bedding on the balcony so that he could share lustful desire with the girl, but this was Alethia. A woman that he respected and who he had finally began to love. He set up a small table and two humble chairs on the stupid, ridiculously small balcony. He would've taken her to a much worthy, beautiful restaurant but these students weren't allowed to leave the mansion. Luckily for him, he got to order fresh flowers and essence candles as the decoration.

Even though the past several months, Alethia Zhefarovich had something else come into her schedule. Now, she had a boyfriend that needed to improve to be a husband possibility in the future. Alethia liked Kyler, sure, but didn't love him. She likely wouldn't for a while. Alethia had a busy life and fitting Kyler between her studies was hard work. Alethia was relieved that she was able to get out tonight. Alethia dressed her best, which was a white dress that was a little loose. She did not want to show off the goods right now. Alethia tied her hair into a braid and had it dripped.over her shoulder. Alethia made her way toward the destination. She was sixteen and ready for this small dinner. Alethia was comfortable though cause she could handle her own. Alethia balled her hand into a fist and knocked gently before resting her hands on her sides. Alethia closed her eyes and breathed, a little glad that she had not invited him to the pool party recently. Her uncle had arrived and placed a death sentence on two family members. That was the last person that Alethia wanted to see. Asparuh always rattled her and kept her as such for months.

Kyler flicked his wand as the door magically opened. "Oh my dear, you are so gorgeous" his sly smirk appeared on his face as he walk toward his woman. The alpha male gently took Alethia by the hand and attached a bracelet on it. "Only the finest gold for my fine woman" his eyes reflected joy and satisfaction. "And before we start our dinner, I would like to inform you that I'm acing in several subjects. O for transfiguration, o for charms, o for herbology, and o for potions" Kyler was finally back on track, oh he was so happy. "Come on my love, let us enjoy our dinner" the young man said and gave his arm out to Alethia.

Alethia brushed some free strands of hair over her ear as she heard the compliment, and soaked it in. Compliments flattered her, but since coming to this school, she no longer blushed at them. She soaked them in and it gave her confidence. Her eyes took in the form of Kyler Norton, dubbing him to be more than acceptable, even more so when he gently took her hand and placed a bracelet on her arm. While Alethia was not a fan of jewelry, she couldn't help but be impressed by it. A geniune smile spread across her lips, as she stared at it, "This is beautiful, Kyler." The compliment fell on deaf ears, since she was more focused on the gift. Her eyes finally went to her man as he spoke about his grades. Truth be told, she was envious of his grade in Transfiguration. That was the one she struggled in the most, mainly because she didn't see it as important. "I'm very proud of you. You have definitely got it together. I'm impressed." She gently placed her hand on his arm, holding it gingerly to allow him to lead her to the table outside.

Kyler clapped his hands once and saw the house elf coming over to serve humble bruschettas on the table, he lead his woman toward the table ignoring her compliment and helped her to sit on her seat, letting his gentleman side to come up to the surface. "I would've brought you to a fine restaurant, sadly we're not allowed to leave the castle. But have faith in me dear, I'll get you a fine balcony overlooking the fjord. Unless you prefer the beach?" Kyler was talking about their future home, money wasn't an issue to him, he knew that he would inherit some of the family asset as well as their business. Of course, Kyler wont be able to afford anything like his father's mansion yet, but he could get Alethia a nice two stories penthouse with four bedrooms, he hoped that it was enough to keep her satisfied.

Kyler walked toward his seat and took the napkin that had been well folded and placed it over his laps, as he made himself comfortable. "I don't like living in the wilderness like my father, the suburb with a nice touch of the nature is more of my thing. France? The USA? England? Down under? Tell me, tell me and I shall make it happen" he confidentially spoke of their future. There had been a a constant daily conversation, owls coming back and forth toward the eldest of the Norton and Kyler, he needed the guidance of Kai's if he wanted to be successful.

Already, Alethia was being spoiled, though she expected this from anyone that was lucky, or doomed, to become her future mate. After all, she was a Zhefarovich, and a Lefevre, which was where her grace came from. It would be very hard to keep her, but so far Kyler was doing a good job, even holding her seat out to her. Alethia sat down and crossed her legs at the ankle, turning them to the side as she placed a napkin on her lap. "Soon enough, we can find ourselves doing more, especially when our break comes along. As much as I would love to eat next to the beach, the wind and a moutful of sand isn't appetitizing." Alethia turned down the idea of the beach. As much as she loved going there and receiving attention from the male population, she did not appreciate the gusts of wind that messed her hair, or the sand going in places that should never go, such as in her hair and her shoes. It was the absolute worst. Though it would be fine if she could perform magic outside of the school. Then, there would be no problem.

The mentioning of their future home did make Alethia frown slightly. Did he understand the type of home that she grew up in? All she knew was wealth. Everything was extravagant. Nothing was too expensive. Her family accumulated so much, it was almost as if they were afraid of the Cold War or something. "Honestly, I think I would rather go back home, to Bulgaria. The elders of my family are there, and I'd prefer to stay near them. Plus, you haven't met my dad yet. I've lived in a huge manor all my life, outside of the public. I think I want something smaller than a mansion, but bigger than a house, you know?" Her ideal size would be about four or more bedrooms. Somewhere up high and charmed so much that no one could ever disturb her. Yes, that was what she wanted.

A small chuckle came out of Kyler's mouth as his woman mentioned something about having a mouthful of sand "you my dear, have a horrible sense of humor" he took the bruchetta, dividing it into two and slowly consumed it. The tomato and the mozzarella blended well, ah these little elves were great assets for the castle "get the lady something to drink, please" Kyler could be kind and polite to servants, depending on his mood, but at this very moment Kyler was truly happy and his face clearly showed it all. "Don't you like the scent of the sea with tropical wind blowing against your blond hair?" not that Kyler was into beaches but he wanted to know what Alethia liked and disliked.

"Good, so have I" Kyler replied to Alethia who informed him about living in a huge manor. Though Norton wasn't as rich as the Howards or Hubertas, they were still wealthy and they belong to the high society. It didn't scare him the slightest to do his best to meet Alethia's standard. "I was thinking of a two stories penthouse with four to five bedrooms, overlooking the nature. My brother lives in his own chateau along with his wife and his four other children, and I'm honestly quite concerned about the maintenance of such a big place to live in." cleaning, repairs, decoration, true that magic made it all easier but someone had to run the spells and finding the right house elf to manage a manor wasn't as easy as casting the levitation spell. "When can I meet your father?" he continued enjoying the French delicacy as he listened to Alethia.

Alethia continued to delicately eat her food, before sipping from her glass once the servants delivered it. This was very nice, and she enjoyed it. Alethia gave a soft smile, "I do, but the sand is just the main con against it. I hate the gritty feeling." She could definitely enjoy it from afar. That much she could appreciate. Talking about their future was definitely a pro, and she was liking Kyler more and more because of it. She could already picture it, but she didn't think she would ever change her name to Norton. Her last name was Zhefarovich, and would remain as such. She dared not to even hyphenate it. Smiling, she definitely appreciated the penthouse look. Hearing about his brother, and four children, that much she could understand about his own chateau. "A penthouse would be good, as long as it isn't in the muggle world. I couldn't live in a place with something as strange as electricity."

Most of the muggle things were very foreign her. She would never want to understand them. They were all very terrible. However, one thing that scared men was the mention of kids. If moving in together didn't scare him, she wanted to see if this would. "And I want a big family. My father had a huge amount of kids, and I want plenty to keep me busy. However, I don't really want to be a stay at home mom either." If this did not scare him, then nothing would. She thought over when he could meet her father. "This summer break. I'll have a place set up and invite my dad in. He's a ghost, so it isn't like he can do harm. But, what he says, goes." Her father was once important in the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back