Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bi
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Maple Wand with Fairy Wing Core
If there was anything Senna had learned during her first year at Hogwarts it was that every party at the school was a good party. And one she had to attend. Even if it meant having to put a little more effort into her appearance. She didn't dislike it though, quite keen to put on a pretty dress for a night and wander around the decorated great hall. After she had gotten ready Senna had rushed down the stairs to the great hall, almost tripping over her dress once or twice in her enthusiasm to get to the party. Once she reached the hall she came to a stop in the doorway and just stood there for a second, gawking at the decorations in awe. A winter theme was fun and all, but seeing the flowers and strings lights made her feel way more excited. It had a far warmer feeling than having all decorations be white and blue. Even happier than she had been before Senna skipped over to get herself a drink, twisting its little umbrella around while she pondered if she could take her drink over to the dancefloor.

Leah had been looking forward to the Yule Ball for weeks. It was one of the only things that made getting through exams worth it. She wanted to enjoy it as much as she could since she knew her break would be hardly a break at all. Her mother had sent a letter confirming she would be splitting her time between her and her father. She hated having to go back and forth but it wasn't like she preferred one parent to the other and could just choose to stay in one place. But she refused to let that burden ruin her night and she entered the great hall and was speechless as she took in the summery decorations and marveled at just how different the place looked.

She made her way to the refreshment table but Leah wasn't exactly looking where she was going and ended up bumping into someone. "Oh sorry about that!" she said quickly and recognized the person as a girl in her house. "I hoped you didn't spill anything. You dress is lovely by the way." she added apologetically. The last thing she needed was someone else hating her for being clumsy.

Senna had decided that yes, she would be totally fine taking her drink onto the dancefloor. As long as she managed to not spill it she would be totally fine. And if she did spill it then.. well.. she'd just try to spill it on herself rather than the dancefloor. At least that way she wouldn't be guilty of making anyone slip on accident. Although she was sure there were plenty of upper year students who could easily clean up a little spill if she did spill on the floor. Granted they had brought their wand. Or otherwise a professor would do. If anything, it made her think that perhaps spilling it on the floor would actually be better than spilling it on herself. With her mind now changed she took a step forward, straight into another student. "No, no worries! I wasn't paying attention either." Senna shook her head, her hand instinctively clutching the drink she was holding. She looked down when the girl mentioned spilling anything, inspecting the floor before inspecting her own dress. "Looks all good to me!" She brushed off the apology, smiling when the girl complimented her dress. "Thanks! My mom got it from a thrift shop. Or well, it didn't exactly look like this before but she almost got it for free because it was ripped! And then our neighbour's girlfriend put the coloured pieces on. She's really into fashion and all that." Senna rambled before glancing at the other girl's dress. "Yours is cute too. Very fitting with all the flowers." She added while vaguely motioning at their surroundings.

Leah let out a sigh of relief as all of the liquid had managed to stay in the other girl's cup. "Oh that's a relief. I would have hated to start off on the wrong foot." she admitted with a laugh. She wanted to say 'again' but she didn't particularly want to relive that embarrassment again. "My name is Leah, you're in Gryffindor right?" she asked out of politeness even though she knew the answer. She wasn't sure why people did that. But her mother had always told her it was rude to assume things even if you knew the answer. Leah listened closely as the other girl talked about her dress and mentioned she got it at a thrift store. She had heard that term thrown around a few times but she didn't want to admit she didn't know exactly what that meant. She was about to ask why a store would sell something that was damaged but was distracted once the girl complimented her own dress. "Oh thank you!" she gushed. "My mom got it for me before I left for school. I had wanted something a bit easier to move in but I do seem to match all the flowers around here." she laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back