Anisha Khatri

Competitive | Snarky | Bookworm | 5th year

Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Reed Wand with Veela Hair Core
Anisha was eager to get started on everything this semester. She had enjoyed most of her classes this week, especially Defence Against the Dark Arts, which was her favorite. They had gotten an assignment to write an essay about werewolves and Anisha was eager to get it done quickly. She was determined to turn in the best essay the professor had ever seen. After doing a bit of research, she had found a perfect book on the subject. She tracked it down on the library shelves and reached up to grab it, right as someone else did the same. Anisha turned to the side, frowning when she saw who it was. "Dorian." She snapped. "I need this book." She knocked his hand out of the way, not caring if it was kind of a childish way to deal with the situation.

Last edited:
It was no secret Dorian had mixed feelings about being at Hogwarts. On one hand, the grounds, the classes, the resources available were second to none; he could have spent hours just perusing the school library alone (literally alone if he could manage it), but the trade off was the the school always seemed filled to bursting with other people. Even in the library, a place of relative quiet, Dorian had to battle for space with noisy first years and strung out NEWT students, even so early into the school year.

At least his new class load had been a decent enough distract, Dorian already happy to throw himself into his new electives and of course, the harder material they were getting into in his regular classes.

He'd been thoroughly ransacking the section on magic beings and werewolves for their Dark Arts class, reaching for the main book he'd need for reference, too focused to even notice he had competition until a familiar voice said his name. Dorian frowned as she slap his hand away, pushing it back to grab the book even more instantly than he had been before. "I got here first," he said, annoyed to find himself reverting to her level of childishness for lack of something better to say. He needed that book for what he was working on, let Anisha figure something else out. Preferably far away from him.

Anisha knew it was kind of childish to slap at Dorian's hand like that, but he brought the worst out in her. She huffed in annoyance as he said he had gotten here first. She blocked him from grabbing the book, turning to lare at him. "No, you didn't." She snapped. "If you had gotten here first, you would have gotten the book first. Duh." She told him. "I need it."

Dorian frowned down at Anisha, a petty part of him glad that he was even just a tiny bit taller than her, hand still reached out to try and snag the book even as she tried to keep blocking him. It was tempting to just reach for his wand and summon it instead but Dorian was quietly aware that making a scene in the library or worse, rough handling the books, would get them both kicked out and he needed to finish this essay. "I need it too," he said instead, ignoring her other argument and trying to shift his grip to get around it. "You can have it after I'm done. I'm sure it'll be quick," he told her, unable to keep a haughty edge out of his voice. No doubt if he let Anisha take it first he'd never see it to the end of the term. She probably had all sorts of overdue fees on her books.

It infuriated Anisha that Dorian was taller than her, how dare he? She scowled at him as he tried to grab the book again, slapping at his hand weakly. "I don't care that you need it." She hissed at him angrily. "I'm not giving it to you first, there's no way you'll let me have it after." She told him with a glare. "You'll probably keep it from me on purpose." She said, as that was probably what she would do if she took it out. She'd make Raafe take it out next just to block it from him a bit longer. No way she was going to let him do that to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back