A Slytherin United

Epiphany Bones

OOC First Name
Ana
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Not for the first time did Epiphany think that it was time to show a little house pride and unity. They where talented, prideful and some thought themselves master minds but there was little on that that she would admit to thinking of . Epiphany sat near the middle of the table in her crisp Slytherin uniform and hair curled in it's usual perfection. She grabbed a plate of food and sat there looking around. She wondered for a moment where her friend Missy had gotten to. The girl was bright of course and if she turned out alright she could be her right hand in all her plans. Epiphany needed people she could somewhat trust in all this.

Epiphany was also looking for one of her Toy Soldiers. She was very displeased with him because he had ended up in Hufflepuff. She hadn't seen him as such of anything he could have been a Gryffendor but then Luthor would have something to say about it. Then again he never and anything positive to say about her if he ever did Epiphany would die of shock. She didn't think it would matter to him though. Their hatefulness towards each other would be legend by the end of the school year. It was going to make future life hell but there was very little she could do about it. Epiphany was going to be a powerful witch which meant she had to stay by Luthor's side. Even if he did come off as a pathetic super villein. "Pinky and the Brain all over again only Pinky isn't an idiot this time." She muttered to herself.

Amelia was sitting at the Slytherin house table in her uniform.She couldn't help but feel a little proud wearing it.She hadn't settled in fully to the school.But she was slowly getting used to the new way of life.She wished the Slytherin common room was a bit more colourful.It was a bit depressing at time.She liked her house though and some of the people in it.Though some she didn't like as much.She had made a few friends and met a few new people.One that stuck out most in her mind was Luthor.The fact that she had met him in the middle of the forest hadn't made him seem any less scary but Amelia had stuck to her guns and hadn't let him scare her.She wondered how someone could love killing so easily.As far as she knew not all Slytherins were like that but maybe she was the one missing something.

She was sitting in the middle of the table.She was surrounded by fellow first years and some older students.She had been in Hogwarts for a week now.Classes would be beginning soon and she was looking forward to learning magic.She took a plate and started filling it with food.Once it was filled she began eating.She began chatting to a few of the Slytherins.The girl next to her said something but Amelia couldn't hear "Excuse me?"She asked the girl.She didn't even though if she had been talking to her but once again her curiousity won.

Epiphany looked towards who walk talking and smiled in that sweet way that made most people ease up around her. Oh nothing much. I was just muttering about a boy that I know, God he can be so demanding sometimes." She said. What she really had wanted to say was he could be so stupid sometimes but if he heard that Epiphany would dead in a second. She really hated the fact that Luthor had her life in his hands. Then again she was meant to build his empire and in that there where some ways for her to make sure that she was protected. Some of them would be to make sure that the people that followed Luthor liked and restricted her better than him. That was not going to be very difficult.

"Names Epiphany Bones, a pleasure to meet you." She said holding out her hand to the girl with a sugary smile on her face. She was good at hiding the fact that she could not feel. There was nothing behind her star filled dark eyes which she forced to show some emotion that didn't really exsist. In their natural state Epiphany's eyes where pitch black and hollow. The lack of emotion allowed her to procces information better but it didn't work well when she had to feel bad about the things she did or had done. Not that anyone could convince her that she had done something wrong in the first place.

Heath sat a the very end of the Hufflepuff table. Several students tried to talk to him, but he just hid his face from them. He could just imagine what Epiphany was thinking about him now. He was expecting much better of himself. Hufflepuff had not been on his list at all. On all of his robes he put a square piece of parchment on the Hufflepuff crest. Instead of wearing a yellow and black striped tie. Heath just wore a black tie. He was sure Cleo was proud of him being in Hufflepuff. She knew that he at least wanted to get into Ravenclaw. Obviously, the Sorting Hat had other plans. Heath got up from his table, and he started to walk away from it.

He had spotted Epiphany from across the room. Height made that possible. He was a good six feet, so he hoped no one tried to pick a fight with him. One, he did not know how to fight. Two, he was very strong despite the fact he could not fight. Heath reached Epiphany at the Slytherin table, and he squeezed in between her and an older Slytherin. His 'friend' was currently talking with another girl their age. He sat so that his his back was leaning on the table. "Epiphany." he said simply and waited for a response from the girl. He and her were not exactly friends yet, so he felt saying her name was appropriate for the situation.

Epiphany looked to see who had just joined them and fought not to sneer. His size and mussel was what she needed and in order to keep it she needed convince him that she was his friend. "I had been wondering when you would present yourself to me Heath. Needless to say I was shocked when you got into Hufflepuff. I thought you where better than that." She said tossing at a curl that had escaped from her half pony tale. She gave him a once over and smiled at him. "I can see that your not too happy about it either. I would forge a Slytherin badge for you but people would know when your not in all the same classes that we are." She added thought fully.

Epiphany put her hands together. "Now the question becomes how to keep you. Luthor would not have approved of you in the first place because of you blood but I like you so I decided to be your friend. Now as a Hufflepuff there is no way he will let me be seen with you." Epiphany said thoughtfully as she looked at him. He had the potential to be a powerful sort and she wanted him on her side. Finally she got it. That's exactly how I keep you as a friend! He will be so angry with me and it will kill him to see it because he can't do anything to me! Epiphany said joyfully. One of her missions in life was to annoy the stuffing out of the boy that wanted to control her so completely. Her aligence was to Lolita and Lolita said that she had to be by Luthor's side so that was what she was going to do.

Heath rolled his eyes at Epiphany. "Present myself? Since when did you become a princess? I thought I was too, but the Sorting Hat had different plans, obviously." he sighed. He looked at the girl Epiphany was talking to before he came over. He did not want to be rude. "Sorry to interrupt. I am Heath James." he introduced himself to the girl and waved. He then turned back to Epiphany. "Thanks for the thought, Pint." he said sarcastically. He looked at the Hufflepuff table to the girl he had made cry a few nights ago. He was such a jerk sometimes.

Heath glanced at Epiphany. "Who is this Luthor kid? He seems very controlling. Weren't you ever told to stay out of unhealthy relationships?" he asked curiously. He really hoped that Epiphany wasn't getting into any trouble with this Luthor kid. He seemed like trouble. Heath looked at Epiphany with confusion written all over his face. "Er, can you explain so that a muggle born would understand?" he asked her lowly. He knew that Epiphany got all weird when he mentioned his blood status. Which was very annoying.

Epiphany giggled somewhat. "Well it did seem like you where ignoring me and I start bringing out the black side of me when people don't pay attention me especially someone who I want to consider a friend." She said putting her hand to her heart and looking up at him imploringly. "Small people exsist to tell tall people what do remember that." Epiphany smiled at the girl who had chosen to sit with her, inviting her to come into the conversation as well. She realized that it wasn't only Luthor that she liked to dance on the nerves of. Though she had to be careful with this one. Her dance had to be more of a waltz than the out right tap dance that she did on the nerves of Luthor.

Epiphany snorted. "My family is the one that put me with him in the first place. They are very close you see and thought that me and Luthor might get along. We get along alright. Like cat and a rat we get along. No worries though this little rat is more like a snake and can hold her own." She said with a smirk. It was best to play it off as if she was stuck where she was. This was going to be her protection. Those that are loyal to her would be loyal to Luthor on her command but if he crosses her and his empire falls. Epiphany would have felt pleased with herself if she where still capable of such a thing.

A tiny metal snake moved from underneath the table sliding along the ground quickly as though it were made of lighting. It slithered up the boy's leg and quickly began hissing things into his ears so that only he could hear as he walked up to Epiphany, Amelia and the other boy. The look in his eyes were quite murderous as he glared at the lot of them, though most of his anger was pointed directly at Epiphany. "mudbloods" Luthor hissed out of his mouth as he looked at the boy. "A hufflepuff mudblood no less, no brains, no guts, just a filthy leftover for the worst of the houses" Luthor said with a grim look on his face. "You know Epiphany's family has a thing for dirty bloodrats like yourself, maybe you two can spend the rest of your short lives together?" Luthor suggested with a smirk as he turned his attention towards Epiphany. "I'm sure once I deliver my owl to Aunt Lolita that your life will be quite short, my dear fiance" Luthor added with a cold glint of glee towards the detestable Epiphany as he looked at Sigourney on his neck, turned and walked away. She thought she was so cleaver and yet she was about to be proven wrong.

Amelia smiled at the girl,she seemed okay but Amelia was still weary.She had decided not to make friends too easily in this house because they weren't always what they originally seemed.She remembered this girl from sorting and from the common room,she didn't know her name though and she doubted the girl knew hers."Nice to meet you,I'm Amelia Jane"she said shaking the girls hand but her smile wasn't as big this time.Something felt off and she had a feeling she had to tread carefully.Her eyes looked almost black,and Amelia knew that for a fact was not normal.They could have been big black holes in Epiphany's face but there was some sort of emotion in there so Amelia felt safe for the moment.She had expected these sort of people in her house,her brother had told her about them.He had never mixed with them and he had told her not to and now here she was.Maybe this would come to bit her back in the butt sometime.

Amelia looked up when someone joined the table.She didn't know or recognize this kid.She looked at his robes and was surprised to see that he was a Hufflepuff.She listened as he and Epiphany began to talk.It was one of the most weird conversations she had ever heard.And then Luthor's name was mentioned and in a way it began to make sense.Amelia listened when the boy named heath retorted.She had to say he liked him.She felt the exact same way about her position.Everyone seemed to blame her for being put into Slytherin when she didn't even have the choice. "Amelia Jane"She said smiling at the boy.Then Luthor decided to join their little group,he didn't look very happy in fact he looked furious.Amelia didn't appreciate all the things that were said to Heath,her mother was practically the exact same,she wanted to say something but she kept her mouth shut.Amelia couldn't keep the shock when Luthor said fiance.That one surprised her she had to admit.She felt sorry for Epiphany,Amelia certainly would commit suicide if she was going to have to marry him.She watched him walk away "Well that was interesting"She said to no one in paticular "How long have you known him?"She asked Epiphany

Epiphany watched her beau walk way with no expression on her face. It was more was though she where merely listening to the boy rather than it having any effect on the young Slytherin. "This will be dealt with later then." She said almost mechanically. She should have feared for her life, she should have been worried that Luthor was plotting ways to get rid of her but mostly Epiphany felt boredom if anything at all. Epiphany knew that a rather entertaining challenge was coming her way though. It was always entertaining to play games of life or death.

Amelia started to talk to her and she came back to herself. "Nearly all my life. My sister had a connection with his family first and then his aunt thought that we would make a good match. I was planning on keeping our engagement a secret but whatever." She said shrugging. Epiphany thought that they had agreed not the let that particular connection be known until they where older but it didn't matter anymore. Now two of the people that she was hoping to make 'friends' with knew that she was going to get married to a psychopath. Not that she thought of him that way. She thought of him as simple but then again most people where simple in her overdriven mind.

Heath watched as the kid, he assumed to be Luthor, walk away. Most of what he had said Dwayne true. He had been stuck in the leftovers house. He felt he ways worth much more than just leftovers, but it was the Sorting Hat he had to blame. He just grabbed a fistful of his hair and let his elbow rest on the table. He truly had nothing to say. What could he say? Luthor's words did not help him with his depression. The house he was sorted in did not help him with his depression. Nothing seemed to be helping him.

Heath sighed. "I'd rather stay depressed than marry him." he said, trying to express how sorry he felt for Epiphany. She had to live with that jerk, and he couldn't even stand 30 seconds with him. "He sounded very serious about your life ending short Epiphany." he stated. Though he did not know Epiphany well he still did not like the sound of that.

Amelia thought this situation was kind of weird.Who would want to get married to a person who killed things,she would rather be forever alone then spend the rest of her life with the likes of him.They didn't seem to like each other and she doubted they ever would.People like Luthor can't love anything that's alive. "A good match"she thought,she hoped Epiphany didn't like to kill things either.Amelia's parents would not be impressed with who she had met in Hogwarts.She had met a few other people that she would be able to talk about but these two people would not be mentioned.She looked at the boy called Heath,he really didn't look happy. He was just going to have to get used to it though because he would be there for another six years.

Amelia nodded she wouldn't want it known that she would be marrying a psychopath.Amelia agreed with with heath,she would rather stay depressed also.Amelia picked an apple and took a bite "'I'm sure she'll be fine"Sh said taking another bite,she wasn't all that worried about Luthor's threat to kill her.Maybe if Epiphany seemed worried she would be also but since the girl who's life was in danger didn't seem very scared.

Epiphany didn't need pity for her situation. Luthor would in fact be a great wizard with a good solid foundation of power. She could handle herself, always had been able too ever since she the beating had started in Willow's Rain. Epiphany smiled at the people around her. "It is the will of my family for me to marry him and that is what I shall do. I did not stay alive though all my short life to meet my end by his hands. Anyway it's not a day if he hasn't threatened to kill me at least once." She said rather cryptically. She looked at Heath and tilted her head.

"Why so upset. I was sure that someone like you could make other friends easy and the magic would cheer you up considerably." She said her eyes trained on him. There was the mask of concern on her face but under it there was just morbid curiosity. Why would someone be so upset with in the walls of Hogwarts. Epiphany of course was in actually hollow but that wasn't the point. According to her sister some of her best times where had with in these walls.

Heath rolled his eyes when Epiphany stared to talk about the 'will of her family'. Why would your family put you with a creep? He did not know her whole story, so he decided to keep his mouth shut. "So it is a daily thing? I hope that doesn't hurt you emotionally." he said and grabbed a piece of bread from the table. He wanted to stop mopping because he had gotten hungry again. He stopped grabbing at his hair and tore a piece of the bread off and ate it.

Heath shook his head. "Sure I can make friends easily, but magic cheering me up? I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy magic like you two." he said a took a deep breath in a breathed out. All his family problems started to run through his head. His parents suddenly saw him as something gross and abominable. Him now being a burden to his sister. Heath had always been lonely, but it had gotten worse when he found out he was a wizard. Sure he would enjoy magic, but just not like Epiphany or Amelia who grew up with it.

Amelia was glad she didn't live in that sort of a family.She wouldn't let her parents force her to marry anyone.She would run away or else refuse to get married.she valued her own free will and she wasn't going to let anyone take it.If she ever fell in love then she would marry that person and she was not settling for anything else.Luckily her parents also believed in free will so they weren't going to force her to marry anyone.Not many people did that these days anyways,it was sort of old-fashioned really.Amelia nodded,she didn't think that it was the first times,he had already threatened her and her family simply because she wouldn't tell him why she came her and she guessed she annoyed him which amused her greatly.It probably shouldn't as he had some crazy plans for when he got older. "Don't worry I've gotten the threat too and that was about five seconds after I first spoke to him"She said taking another bit of her apple.

Amelia was curious,how could magic not cheer you up.She loved magic as she had grown up with it all her life.But she also loved it because it was magic,it made life so much easier.She guessed he was a muggle-born and maybe a family member wasn't too happy "If it's someone at home,they should get it through their thick skulls that this is who you are and nothing can change it and they are just going to have to accept it.They should stop making it seem like you fault"Amelia said her brown eyes looking at him directly.

Heath rolled his eyes. Luthor was very strange to him. Was blood status that important? To Heath it just seemed like a way to make people feel lesser than you. A way to justify treating people unfairly in a way, but it hurt Heath's head to think about it. If Epiphany was okay will be treated like crap everyday he was fine.

Heath shrugged. He did not just start being depressed when his parents abandoned him. He had been depressed for awhile. He was always lonely and hard to please. He had learned to get used to it, and soon he thought of it as natural now. "No. I haven't seen any reason to think magic is cool, yet." he answered lamely. He was still getting used to doing things the quicker, and using magic. He was trying to find out why people thought magic was so cool. He felt lazy whenever he used magic. Why use the levitation charm when you could just build muscle by picking it up yourself?

Epiphany listened to Amelia and Heath with intrest then shook her head. "Well you wouldn't with the rudimentary stuff that they are teaching us at the moment. The further you go in your magical education the more wonderus things you can do with it. Have you ever seen someone practice the cloaking charm yet?" She asked with a smile. She had seen someone cast it not too long ago and Epiphany thought that she should log it away for when she needed their help It was fun to for her to think of all the secrets that she could use against those that tried to oppose her on her way to greatness.

"Amelia's right though, you shouldn't blame yourself for becoming something greater than you muggle parents. The next step in evolution and all that." Epiphany commented. This had been one of her lessons not from Lolita but from Zazuka. Why else would they be given the ability to change very laws of physics if they where note meant to be greater than those that came before them. Epiphany took this all very much to heart.

Amelia was almost finished her apple.It was quite tasty,when she was finished she left it on the plate beside her.She wiped her hands and picked an orange.Her mother had all made her eat healthy and Amelia wasn't the greatest fan of sugary things.She was the only one in her family that didn't like sweets she often got teased for it but it was family teasing, nothing too bad.Amelia wondered how a Huffllepuff like Heath become involved with Epiphany. "Yeah,why have you?"Amelia asked peeling her orange.Once her brother Micheal had been able to do magic she had asked him to do ever spell under the sun.She also had five members of her family who were able to do magic soo she had seen quite a lot of magic.

Amelia frowned,did she just see evolution? Amelia had never thought abut magic as being an evolution.She had always thought that magic had been around for thousands of years.She made a note to check the library when she left the hall."You will" She said to Heath taking the first segment of the orange. "What do you mean?"She asked Epiphany

Heath stuffed the rest of his bread in his mouth. He decided to hurry and finish it because he obviously had some reading to do about magic. He did not mind reading at all, but it was goin to be hard for him to get caught up on all the magic Epiphany knew about. Heath looked at he with an eyebrow raised."I have definitely seen a cloaking charm." he said in a sarcastic tone. He then started to wonder how he became associated with someone like Epiphany. She had a future, and she was not new to the wizarding world like Heath was. What did a girl like her see in him that was so interesting.

"I hope I do too." he said. He got up from the table, and he stretched. He decided that he had overstayed his welcome at the Slytherin table. Several people had started to glare, and he did not want to make any enemies at school just yet. "I will see you around Epiphany. It was nice meeting you Amelia." he patted Epiphany on the shoulder and he waved to Ameila. He then headed out of the Great Hall. He was going to the library. He had major studying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back