A Sleeping Corridor

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam stood in a large field. It was almost sunset and he wasn't alone. His father was there. They stood opposite each other though only one of them was talking. Sam stood siliently as his father began to yell at him, sneer at him and complain about what a waste of space he was. Sam felt like pushing his fingers into his ears but instead his feet took the first move and he started to run down the field. His father was still rambling and complaining yet it seemed so much easier to listen now that he was running. Eventually he came to a large fence at the end of the field. Sam was about to swing his leg over the fence when it suddenly grew. "What?" The fence continued to grow till it was almost the size of a house. Sam quickly turned around, his father was gone and now the sky was black with not a single star. Sam's heart raced, all the fences continued to grow and without really thinking Sam ran back up the field. This time it didn't seem to end he just kept running until suddenly Sam's foot slipped and he was falling down, falling, falling....

Sam instantly woke from the pain spreading around his body. Half of his body lay on a landing while his legs were draped over the steps. "What..?" He asked himself wondering where he was. He pushed himself up and rubbed his cheek as a sharp pain spread through it. He pressumed he must have tripped up the last step, but that means "Sleepwalking? I never sleepwalk?" He mumbled to himself. Sam realized that he had his wand in his hand. He must have grabbed it while he was asleep. "Lumos." he muttered and he flashed his lit wand around the corridor. Many of the portraits moaned and shouted at him which then instantly reminded him of the dream he just had. He stopped in his tracks. The dream felt so real, it frightened him almost. Just then Sam was brought out of his thoughts by one portrait. There was a pretty woman dressed in all white and a maid who were now shouting at him, he looked back at them confused and then realized he was pointing his wand right at the portrait. "Oh...sorry.." His voice was dry and crokey, he really was still half asleep.

Sam didn't know what corridor he was on but what he did know was that he was still extremely tired and felt like falling back asleep instantly. He didn't want to start wandering around the castle looking for something that might make something in his head 'click', something that he would recognise. Instead he found a low built, long windowsill which seemed perfect at the present moment. He sat down on it and stretched his legs across from him. Sam gave one last fleeting look at the corridor. The portraits had settled back to their easy sleeps and the silence was broken only by the soft snoring of some of the old men in portraits further down the corridor. But shortly enough the sound of quiet snoring was broken by a loud clattering as Sam's lit wand fell from his hand and clattered against the concrete floor. Sam had fallen asleep for the second time that night.

(You don't mind do you?)

Libby knew she wasn’t allowed to be up and roaming the corridors late at night, but she had to find out what Larissa was planning. It was almost four in the morning and couldn’t sleep. This was Larissa she was talking about; to whatever extremes she may go to, who knew. Libby had time on her hands, so she crept out of the Hufflepuff common room, and headed into the depths of the dreary corridors.

She kept her wand in her pocket, for she felt more insecure with the lights completely out, giving her more of a creeped out sensation, something her mum had told her always kept you well. She heard the soft snores of the portraits as she quietly made her way up the stone staircase, keeping her hands out in front of her.

She suddenly jumped, starled, as she saw a tiny glimmer of light coming from the opposite end of the seventh floor corridor, and this time she felt for her wand, casting it out. “Lumos” she said, peering round. She noticed it was another student, but couldn’t see who. She noticed they were almost sitting on a knee-high window sill just as the light went out. “Hello?” she asked, approaching them. Ignoring the mutters from the paintings, she found it was Sam, who appeared to be asleep.

She picked up his wand from the cold hard floor, and shook him with her spare hand. What was he doing out here at this time of night?

[No not at all]

Sam was in a deep sleep when suddenly he was drawn back down to reality from an uncomfortable shaking. "Can I not get any sleep in this place." He mumbled angrily before opening his eyes. It took his eyes some time to get used to the lighting but once he did he saw a face that he hadn't seen in so long, it was Libby. "Oh..Libby. Hi?" He grunted not really meaning to be unfriendly it was just that it was late and he was tired. His head was even starting to hurt a little bit. "Where were you?" He asked her. His voice was still croaky and he was still squinting. "I mean all last year..?" He added as he scratched the top of his head sleepily.

Libby smiled as he woke up and saw her "Hey" Putting the light in her own wand down a bit as not to suddenly blind him, she sat down next to him. "Oh, i had to to go back home, family issues. Mum wanted me to be pulled out, i got a sister too, and stuff" she mumbled, trying to stay of the "waffle", secretly glad someone had noticed her absence. She looked around the deserted corridor. "What er, what are you doing?" she asked, wondering how he'd managed to fall asleep here. "Have you been sleepwalking?" she asked, finding no other explanation for why he'd chosen this particular random spot.

Sam slowly swung his legs off the window sill so it wouldn't be so cramped. As Libby explained about her absence Sam nodded, "Oh okay, congratulations about your sister." He said waking up a bit. Sam didn't go into 'family issues', he knew that if he was taken out of school because of family issues he wouldn't want someone poking their noses in it. He rarely told anyone about his family anyway. It was a topic that he just didn't go into. "Well.." Sam began as Libby asked what he was doing up here. "I was sleepwalking I think..I haven't sleep walked in my life. At least I am not aware of it." He said leaning his head against the window. "By the way, where are we?" He asked her, he wanted to know how far he was away from the Hufflepuff house. He knew they weren't in the fourth floor corridor because he knew that corridor off by heart, it was the only corridor he knew. "Anyway what are you doing up?" He turned his head towards her curiously.

"Thanks" she said, leaning back against the cold glass window. Libby listened, flicking her wand, realizing she still had his, "Oh here you go, you must have dropped it" she smiled, "We're in the seventh corridor. You've come quite far without realizing you know. What were you dreaming about that made you go off in the first place?" she herself had never sleptwalk (?lol) and wouldn't know what sort of thing caused it. "I'm only here, because i er, well to be honest i was up early trying to find what Larissa's up to. She's got it in for me now im sure. Anyway to get at me she will." she sighed, they used to be such good friends.

When Libby handed him his wand he smiled, "I must have..thanks." If Libby didn't pick it up someone else might have. He rested it on his lap and turned back to Libby an expression of utter shock on his face as she informed him that he had just sleep walked up to the Seventh Floor. "Thats insane." He said shaking his head while chuckling softly. As Libby continued the expresison of shock changed to confusion. "But aren't you two like best friends or whatever?" He asked her hoping it wouldn't be a big long complex story. Girl's problems were so hard to follow.

Libby smiled, "no problem" she didn't want him to loose it now. "It's true" she grinned at his shock expression. She shook her head, "Oh no, no, last year we were, but it seems she's got it in for me after her muggle born boyfriend left her. She seems to have a bit of a problem with them, but personally i think she's jealous" Libby shrugged, "But no, we're not any more." Libby thought about it for a moment, she didn't have anyone she could call a proper best friend yet.

[Sorry about this :doh: ]

Sam listened with great confusion to Libby's story of her friendship with Larissa. Yep, girls problems are complicated. He thought to himself and then replayed what she said once more in his head. "So...her boyfriend dumped her? And now shes mad at...you?" Sam asked her not really following the story at all. "Sorry if I got it all wrong. It is very early in the morning." He said with a low soft chuckle.

Libby shrugged, "Something like that" she said, not really knowing the full details herself dispite the many clashes she'd had since to ask her about it. "Your right. We should be getting back to the common room" she said, standing up again and relighting her wand.

Sam still didnt see the logic in their fight but then again he didn't really want to see it. It was late..or early and he was in no state of mind to work out girl problems. Once Libby stood up Sam quickly followed. "Yeah we should. I'll try and get some sleep." He said with a small grin as he picked up his wand and commanded lumos.

Libby smiled back and started wandering back down the dark corridor. She'd been awake for some time but it had all been planned so she wasn't that tired. ""What was it again you had been dreaming for you to come this far?" she asked, remembering last time she asked she hadn't got an answer.

Sam followed Libby as she walked down the corridor. At her question Sam took a while to answer. He couldn't remember a lot of it. But he remembered his father was there and there was something to do with a field. "I dunno." Sam said scratching the top of his head sleepily. "To be honest I only remember bits of it." This usually always happened Sam he would forget his dreams in a matter of minutes. "Though I woke up with a shock I'll tell you, it felt so real." He said light heartedly not really even wanting to try and remember the dream.

Libby could just about see in this level of light, and by the sound of Sams voice she thought he didn't really want to go into it, even if he had remembered. She found the stairs and began to wander down them carfully again. "It's my.." she started, before her eyes caught a glimpse of something moving on the floor at the base of the staircase. It glowed by the small amount of light which was now visable through the left windows. She turned back towards Sam, wondering if he'd seen it too. By the time she turned back it had disappeared.

Sam kept walking along with Libby almost craving some sleep at this point. As Libby began Sam woke himself up a bit to listen but she stopped abruptly. "Whats up?" He asked her raising his wand a bit higher to see she was looking at him confused almost "Whats wrong?" He asked, sleep now fading away and curiosity taking its place.

Apparently not, though Libby. She continued down the stairs wearily as she kept her wand out in front of her to see if she could glimpse it again. "You didn't see it?" she asked him, her eyes very wide now as libby was begining to think she shouldn't have started the stroll at night. "Nothing. Nothing at all" she smiled reassuringly towards Sam, now linking her arm through his so he wouldn't fall asleep and she wouldn't fall.

[Sorry for neglecting this yet again :oy: ]
Sam looked at Libby with confusion. "Didn't see what?" Sam asked her, his blue eyes widening. Sam waved his wand around the floor to see if he could find what Libby had just seen. But as she refused to tell him he looked up at her, "Tell me?" Sam demanded feeling he had some right to know what she had just seen and what he had just missed. As Libby linked her arm through his he looked down at her, he didn't know if she was doing it for his sake or for her sake. But he didn't mind at all.

(lol dont worry)
Libby met his eyes to see if he generally wanted to know. "Well, and i mean i don't know for sure but the glimpse i did get, it sort of looked like a silver fox or something." she said, waiting for his reaction. She made her way off the stairs, and into the corridors below. "It, it was probably nothing. Right." she said, trying to convince herslf she was just tired.

Sam raised his eyebrows, "A silver fox?" his tone was confused and basically was asking for more information on the subject. He couldn't think properly, maybe her eyes were messing with her. "Are you sure?" Sam asked her, his tone still disbelieving. But as she said that it was probably nothing Sam shrugged, "I dunno...your the one that saw it?" He said looked back at her curiously as he continued to walk.

He didn't believe her? She would have said something although she didn't believe herself. "I'm just saying" she said, letting go and walking further down the corridor. "I'm not going to the common room. I'll go to the corridor but i'm carrying on to the dungeons" she added.

Sam waved his wand over the walls to find the portrait leading into the Hufflepuff Common room. Once he found it he unlinked their arms and stood up next to it. "Libs? Are you sure? Its really late? Or early?" Sam asked her looking at her directly. He didn't want her to be hurt, or to get into trouble. It was a miracle that they made it back without begin caught. "Can't it wait till the morning?" He asked.

Libby ran a hand through her hair. "I, " she did want to get down before Larissa or Jacob got out. They'd done enough damage. "Well, fine but i'm still going as soon as there's light" she sighed, and watched as the portrait door swung open. She climbed into the common room after Sam and wandered over to the fireplace, now staring into the fire. She didn't mean to be unresponses, but alot was going on with her at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back