A secret meeting

She saw his head shake, why would he not bring it with him. He grabbed her hand and she took his. "Please, be okay." She said, tears spilling over. "I don't want to loose you!" She nearly yelled. Her tears wouldn't stop, falling in a rhythmic pattern. She needed help, should she yell; would anyone hear her even if she did. What had her dad taught her about asthma. "Do you have any medication?" She asked. "And please, sit down, don't walk, it takes more energy." She said, trying to remain calm.

Darian shook his head again. He tried to pace his breathing, but his lips were starting to turn blue. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. To anyone else he looked very calm, but he had a death grip on Angela's hand. Finally his breathing started to slow, and his airways stopped constricting. Deep in his mind, he wanted to run away. He didn't want to be near Angela. He didn't want to hurt her again. He opened his eyes some and looked at the worried expression on her face, then cursed himself for his weaknesses. His gaze lingered on her lips, and he thought back to that small kiss. His breathing relaxed even more, and so did his grip.

Angela cringed a bit, biting down on her lip. The grip that Darian had on her hand was very painful. But she kept a hold, this is what he needed. She became even more worried when his lips started to tinge a bit blue. She could feel the tightening in her own chest; her worry was unimaginable. She noticed that his grip started to lessen when he looked at her; she wondered what it was. "D-Darian?" She whispered, a sob escaping her throat.

Darian gave her a small but reassuring smile. The worst of it was over. he wasn't sure if he should speak yet, or if he even could. He took a deep breath but it came out coughing. He recovered and smiled again. At least the worst was over, and it looks like she didn't completely hate him any more. Though Darian wasn't so sure about that. He sighed and gave her a reproachful look. "Do you hate me Angela? Because I love you?"

She watched him cough, and she smiled back when he smiled at her."I could never hate you, Darian. But i can't say i love you either." She looked at the ground. She cared for him but... she couldn't do it; she just couldn't do it. "I want to be friend; i want you to stay with Skyle. You make her very happy." She pulled her hand out of his, tears still rolled down her cheeks. she was only a child, and already she had felt heartbreak. "I'm sorry." She gave him a small kiss on the cheek and began to walk away; not wanting him to see the pain it caused her to walk away from what could be. she was so young; she couldn't do this.

Darian's head sank low. He sighed, tears rolling down his cheeks. He didn't think he could be just friends with Angela, and he didn't know if he was willing to try. With great effort he lifted himself up and started walking. His back turned to the person who had hurt him so much. With out thinking his fist darted out, catching the pillar closest to him. It hit with a resounding crack. He could feel a little bit of blood run down his fingers, but it didn't matter. He didn't bother to look if he had caused any damage. He called out. "Good bye Angela." And the he took of running.

End Scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Back