A secret meeting

Darian Dragos Dinu

Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Darian stayed hidden in the shadows of the hall, keeping behind a pillar so no one would see him. He desprately hoped that she would come. He missed talking to her, so much. She was charming, smart, and someone he could really getting along with. He sighed, he really didn't like going behind Skyle's back but he just couldn't hold his urges anymore. So there he stood, measuring his breaths, and counting the seconds till she would hopefully come. Several times he tensed when hearing foot steps, but they turned out to be other people. Finally he heard a last set of foot steps, small, and clumsy. He smiled to himself. 'She came.'

The note had been mysterious; and it came without warning. Angela went through the people it could be in her mind; always eliminating options. It was not Klaus, whose handwriting was measured and sophisticated, and not Skyle, she would have signed it. Adam and Kala would have signed it also. She had absolutely no clue of knowing who it was. She went up the seventh flight of stais, stumbling a bit as it began to change. She kept walking, right past the pillar where her seeker was."Hello?" She called out; it echoed down the hall. Where was this mystery person?

Darian stepped out. He didn't know what to say or what to do, so he just stood the and let the news sink in for her. He could see the questions written on her face when she had walked past him.. He sighed, walking forward thinking maybe he could just pull her into a tight embrace, smell the scent of her hair, feel her in his arms. He wanted to but opted out for something else. He cleared his throat. He had been hoping to smile, but his face just kept the stern look it had taken when he said goodbye to Skyle a few short hours ago.

Angela was ready to leave, thinking it was a prank. Or worse. That's when the sound of a throat clearing invaded her mind. She turned quickly, a bit startled at the sound; It was Darian. He looked great, though not as good as Adam; she convinced herself of that. She was relieved it wasn't Hoshi. "Darian!" She exclaimed. She hadn't seen him in a while; she wanted to hug him, however, she kept her distance. "It's great to see you!" She smiled widely.

"Hey." He responded softly, wondering if Angela realized he was the one who sent the note, asking his best friend Kala to leave it on her pillow. He pursed his lip, trying to fight a flush that kept creeping into his cheeks. He stepped closer to her, unsure of how to act or what to say. After all, he was suppose to be a good friend of hers, but ever since they kissed back to the mansion, his heart starts beating faster when he was around her. Finally his bravery kicked in, and he said it, but he couldn't keep the flush from covering his olive skin with a pink undertone. "I wasn't sure if you would come."

He took a step closer, she wondered if he might hug her. Would that look bad? If Adam saw them hugging, wouldn't he be upset. He mentioned thinking she wouldn't come, and then it made since. "So you sent the note?" It was stupid to ask after he had commented that, but she wanted to be sure; she might still need to be on the lookout if he had not. She wondered why he hadn't said anything other then those two sentences; was the great and wise Darian speechless? She nearly scoffed, when was Darian ever speechless?

Darian smiled slightly, the corners of his lips disobeying orders. He nodded confirming her suspicions. He wondered if it really had been that bad of a thing. He could play it off that he just wanted to hand out with her because they had both been so busy but the contents of that note made in impossible. In that note he told her how much he missed her, and how much he liked her. He thought it would work when he sent it, but ever since then he was having doubts, especially now. He sighed, and took another step forward so that they were really close. "Is that such a bad thing."

Angela was smiling until she thought. The note she had gotten was slightly romantic. Okay, it was more then slightly. But, wasn't her dating Skyle; maybe he was being polite. If he wasn't, she might have to do something about it; she didn't want Skyle hurt. She put the smile back on her face, still thinking a bit. His step forward made her nervous, she took a small step back, though it wasn't a noticeable on. "Uh-uh... um... I, I guess not." She said, shyly.

Darian could see her hesitance. He sighed and held out his arm. Not as a romantic gesture, but as a polite one. He didn't know if she would take his arm, or just walk with him, or just slap him and leave. He was hoping it wouldn't be the latter. He put on his best winning smile and tried to put on an air of friendship, and tried to despell the uneasiness that had settled. "How about a walk? We can talk and catch up."

She smiled, his gesture did not seem to be romantic. Maybe she had been overreacting. She took his arm and smiled. "Yeah, i'm sure there's a lot i don't know." She wasn't sure which way they were going to walk, so she waited for him to lead her. She wasn't sure when, but he had gotten taller then her. Or maybe he had always been taller then her. "So you first."

Darian chuckled and started walking down the hall way, toward the stairs leading to the tower. He tried to think of something to say, but he really couldn't think of anything. What was there to say? He got up, did his exercises, ate, went to class, then hung out with either Kala or Skyle. He really didn't have much of a life. So he just smiled and shrugged, the motion lifting her arm. "I guess, I just have a really boring life. Its harder though. Working on my fighting here." That was one thing they had in common, they were both great fighters. Angela had even whooped his butt once, of course he would have one had it not been for his asthma.

Angela followed him, trying to make her short legs match his strides. He seemed to have to think about what had been going on. Finally he shrugged and answered her question with his life being boring. She giggled slightly, he had the exact opposite of her. She smiled though, hoping that he hadn't heard about her fight, and hoping that Kala hadn't mentioned what Teddy had done. "It must be, i haven't even tried to exercise." She patted her stomach with the hand that wasn't attached to the arm she had linked with his, insinuating that she had gained weight, though she had not.

Darian couldn't help raking a hungry glance over her. His father had taught him to appreciate women at a very early age, so he was an expert by now. He smiled and cocked his head, amused that she would think herself fat. He wouldn't believe even if she was. She always looked beautiful in his eyes. His grin spread as he snuck in another glance before laughing and replying with a some what romantic saying. Still just a friend could say it, but they wouldn't mean it in the way he did. His tenor voice was smooth and steady as he spoke. "And yet you still look breath takingly beautiful."

She didn't notice his first glance over her, looking at her feet; trying not to trip. She needed to make sure she didn't go down, because he might come down with her. She looked up in time to catch his second glance, but ignored it. She blushed as he called her beautiful; she had never heard Adam use the word beautiful on her. She mentally slapped herself and muttered, "Thanks." She then regained confidence and said, "So that's seriously it? Nothing else?"

Darian nodded. There really wasn't very much to his life, besides writing more music and poetry, which had taken a back seat to school. It really suprised him how much he cared about his grades. He really missed his electronic synth. He was thinking when he ot some money he could get one made up to work in Hogwarts. Of course, Adrianna wasn't handing him any cash. "I hang out with Kala and Skyle a lot. They are pretty much the only things keeping my afloat in my classes." He chuckled.

She kept smiling until he mentioned classes. She was glad he hadn't noticed that she hadn't been to classes in a while. She had started to fall behind when she got into the fight with Teddy, and then going to the hospital after she got into a fight with Hoshi may not have taken up time, but she still fell behind. She just lost track, it was obvious too. She needed to start going, she just didn't know what would happen if a teacher had seen her after so long, and found out that she wasn't going. She then realized she hadn't said anything, so lamely she said, "I see."

Darian sighed quietly, not knowing if it were loud enough for her to hear it. He slowed his pace down as they passed by a glass window, colors swirling around in a magic spell. the colors reflected off of them and as he watched, shimmered in her green-blue eyes. A color the was a lot alike his father, Dragos's eyes. He smiled, admiring the color. It was funny how a like their family history was. He was surprised though when all she said was, 'I see.' He cocked his head, and his smile drooped. "Whats wrong?"

Angela smiled, the colors were amazing; beautiful. She was enticed by them, she almost completely missed his question. What was wrong lately? She had a mental break down not to long ago, in this hallway. She wasn't sure what it was, but she felt so.. different. she missed her home, she missed Sarah. She missed her mother. "Nothing, just thinking." She smiled at him, and turned so he could see her face.

Darian took a deep breath. He braced himself for what he was about to do, pretty sure that it wasn't the right thing to do. Angela looked so beautiful, he couldn't help himself. He wrapped his arms around her, one around her shoulders, and one around her waist. Then holding her close he bent down and gently kissed her. It was something he had been wanting for so long, but he was sure he was going to be slapped for it. In his mind though, it was worth it.

She heard his breath, and he turned and wrapped his arms around her. Her eyes went wide as he kissed her. She shoved at his chest lamely pushing him off her. she was so confused; what had just happened? She knew she had liked Darian, but she wasn't with him. She was with Adam, she couldn't. When she got free she couldn't help but yell. "What the Hell, Darian!" She backed away a few steps, her heart was beating a bit faster.

Darian had a small smile plastered on his face, even though Angela had shoved him away. He touched his lips with his finger tips, they still buzzed from the feel of her lips softly against his. He sighed and sank down to the floor, sliding against the wall. He looked up at her with a mix of sadness and great happiness in his eyes. At first he though about apologizing but decided he didn't want to. So he just shrugged, that same emotion filled expression on his face. Is voice was that of pain and wonder. "I just really missed that." He closed his head and leaned back, wondering if she would storm off.

She was too angry and confused to even move. This young boy seemed to get sick pleasure out of a kiss he stole. Her heart was burning; what was this feeling? It wasn't hate, it wasn't love. She glared at him, he slid down the wall and said he missed that. How could he miss it, she had given him one small peck, and it was almost a year ago that it happened. His eyes close and his head leaned back against the wall. "You... you are sick." She said tears filling her eyes. Why was she crying? "Don't ever touch me again, Angelo." She said, stating the wrong name, the right situation.

"Angelo?" Darian's head jerked forward. He had no clue who it was she was taking about but it was easy to see her disgust with him. His heart tore, just then, and it felt like she had stabbed him with a knife. 'You...You are sick.' He thought to himself, 'All it was was a small kiss, I didn't mean to hurt her.' Panic started set in when he realized he could lose her. He didn't know what to do. He could feel his chest tighten, air was starting to come in shallowed, labored breaths. He could feel his air ways closing. Yet somehow he got the will to stand. He couldn't help her, not with how much his body was messing up. So he did what he always did when his problems became too much. He turned, and started walking away, stumbling slightly as he went. 'I would be better if she didn't see me anyway.'

Angela knew her mistake, and she bit on one of her nails. She hadn't meant to use her brothers name, she hadn't meant for it to come out at all. No one should be called by that foul name. she could almost see the pain on his face; what had she done. Something in her said she was right, but the good person she was told her she was the sick one. She could hear his labored breaths as he stood; his asthma, the reason she had won their first fight. She felt horrible. he began to walk away. "Where is your inhaler?" She ask, going to his side immediately. She didn't want him to hurt over one little sentence, and she didn't want him to hurt over one little kiss.

His world was starting to tunnel. The lack of oxygen was taking its toll. He shook his head when she asked where his inhaler was. He had left it in his dorm, so he was on his own. The only thing he could do was try to calm down, and try to ease his breathing. Both of which he didn't see coming any time soon. His eyes filled with tears, stinging from the tight pain in his chest. He started to drift, the tunneling becoming worse. He reached out for her hand and gave it a squeeze, not sure what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back