A Secret Celebration

Andrew smiled as he saw Henric. He liked him in all ways and was sure that many girls might start giggling at his sight. Although they didn't speak much on the ground but as Qudditch chasers they were a team and they had a good union when they played. Andrew caught the package and said "Thank you"

While many considered him as cold and unfriendly, Andrew was on good terms with the boy and couldn't understand why others thought of him in that way. Then again, he was rough with people example on the pitch. But that, Andrew wouldn't mind. "Thanks for coming" he said with a goofy smile. "You can help yourself with the drinks and food stuff" he said pointing towards the food table.

He was glad and was feeling happier by the minute as he thought of all this that Caina had done for him. She did only because you are a friend. A friend and nothing else his evil mind told him and he sighed slightly. Turning to Caina he asked her "How in the world did you know whom to invite?"

"Yeah about that...."Jake said scratching the back of his head nervously as if he was going to admit a great crime."I couldn't think of what to get you.Something that anyone else wouldn't get you,so I decided to go shopping with you after you have recieved ."he finished with a nervous smile hoping Andrew wouldn't get mad or even act it.

Jake saw as Henric Lee arrived.Jacob knew that Andrew and Henric were team mates as they both worked side by side on the Quidduitch pitch as Chasers."Hello Henric,I haven't talked to you in a while."he greeted him.

It was a few minutes before Larissa noticed Jacob at the 'party'.
She hadn't talked to him since the days of him and Liberty Barnett.
Larissa looked over at him with her bright blue eyes, a half smile gleamed briefly at the corner of her mouth before she turned back to talk to a few fellow Slytherins.

Larissa turned and walked over to Jacob, smiling and her slender waist showing through her white shirt.
"Long time no see," she said, grinning at him happily.
She felt no need to wind him up now Libby had released her claws from him.

Zazuka waived as the Slytherin second year Jacob entered the scene then, with a chill following behind him, Henric Lee a boy that she hadn't see since she had sold him his wand but had heard a bit about. "Hello there, Black Walnut and Maple if I'm not mustaken. A faithful wand if do say so myself though it seemed at the time that you did not need any more ristrictions upon yourself. Then again it is the wand that chooses the wizard after all." Zazuka said though after a bit it sounded more like she was talking to the sky rather then to the off putting boy.

Andy had grown silent so Zazuka allowed herself a look at the clear blue sky. There where a few puffy clouds but none of them holding ill omens. That could have been because of the fact that there where too many people here to get a good reading. Most things came to Zazuka when she was on her own as she usually was when she wasn't hanging out with Andy or snogging in a corner with Brian. Zazuka shifted her legs so they would tuck in beside her but not tuck in all the way so that they wouldn't get sleepy. Enough of her atonomy was asleep it seemed.

"Yes,that is very true."Jacob said to Larissa with a smile.He hadn't talked to Larissa in a while.He had gathered from some places that she and Liberty Barnett,his ex-girlfriend were no longer friends and that she had broken up with her ex-boyfriend but he had no idea when or why it all had happened.

"You heard that I broke up with Liberty?"he asked her hoping that she was going to support him now that she was no longer a friend of liberty.

Caina was happy that Andrew seemed okay with the party. "I just picked people that you've hung out with in the past. The quidditch team and such" Caina said hoping that she hadn't missed anyone in particular. "I'm pretty sure I got everyone" She said smiling feeling more at ease now that Andrew was actually here. Well more at ease except for the fact that butterflies were fluttering about in her stomach at the very sight of Andrew. This experience seemed to happen more and more as she saw her best friend.

"So yeah anyone can have any of the food options" Caina began. "I didn't make any of them so they should be safe" She added with a small laugh. Caina could cook and bake though she never had the time. Plus she wasn't the sort of girl who loved to make sweets. "And your presents are over there Andrew" She said nudging him slightly as she pointed to the area were everyone had placed their gifts to him. Running her fingers through her hair, Caina almost wondered what else to say. She seemed to have said it all or at least she thought she had.

Sterling seemed to watch as more people showed up. Though he doubted that Ava would be in this group which was a pity. No matter how many times he saw her, he always wanted to spend even more time with her. Was he hopeless or just losing it? Sterling wasn't sure if he was both or neither. Either way this Slytherin boy would have to push his mind for a moment and actually concentrate on the party that he was now attending.

Andrew finally showed up to the party and everyone said their hellos. "Hey Andrew. Happy Birthday" He said muffling the captain that he wanted to add after the greeting. He wasn't on the pitch now so he had no need to call Andrew captain. "Thanks for the invite by the way" He added as he watched the blonde girl talk. She seemed a few years older than Sterling Though she was rather pretty. Ignoring this fact, Sterling walked over and grabbed a cookie that seemed to be prepared by the house elves for this party. Not bad. He thought knowing quite well that food over here in New Zealand was loads better than the food back home.

Larissa nodded in answer to Jacob and hesitated to hug him.
She wanted him on her side but she wasn't sure how close to get.
Larissa settled for gently and briefly laying a hand on his shoulder.
"People trust me," Larissa shrugged, thinking of all the things people had told her, "They shouldn't but the do." She grinned lightly.

"I heard a rumour you were after some younger Hufflepuff, is that true?"
Larissa was a little curious as to whether the rumour was true.

Jacob wondered who Larissa was referring to.If it was Nessie that she was talking about then she was completely misunderstood like Liberty but if it was Renesmee then he couldn't blame her.The way they were comfortable around each other they really looked like they were very close but in truth the were only good friends.

"Are you talking about Nessie Wolfe or Renesmee Rochers?"he asked her because he was sure he didn't know any other Hufflepuff first year. In fact he preferred to make Slytherin friends to Hufflepuff friends.

Jacob was momentarily distracted by the announcement made by Caina and then he looked back at Larissa.It was hard to look away from her face partly because she looked stunning and partly because Jacob realized why he hadn't ever noticed the first fact before.

Larissa noticed Jacob looking at her. At first, this gave her the urge to ask Jacob what his problem was.
That was when she realised her own problem.
Larissa her been allowing her veela blood to play a part in their conversation.
She had as good as told Jacob that she liked him. And I don't like him, Larissa thought to herself quickly, He's totally annoying.. Can't stand him..
Larissa had never really noticed Jacob being anything other than 'that boyfriend of Libby's'.
Now she could see him for what he was.

"Er.." Larissa said, forcing herself to concerntrate on the conversation and stop thinking about possibilites.
"Yeah.. Yeah, Nessie Wolfe.. Libby mentioned something about her."
Larissa mentally shook herself and gave Jacob another gleaming smile.
"It's good to see you." Was something Larissa had never intended to say but as she said it, her body language seemed to pick up she practically glowed.

Jacob was sure that it wasn't just a rumor that Larissa was a part-veela.The way she stood out from the other girls in the party confirmed it.Jacob wondered why he hadn't noticed it before.Maybe it was because he had never really saw the pretty side of Larissa but always the dangerous and slytherin side.

"Whoa!I don't even think she is worth talking to,she's a bore actually."he said with a grin.He had only met the girl once and she talked like a nerdy know-it-all.Liberty was just very insecure and that was not Jacob's fault.

"It's great to see you too."he told her returning a beaming smile even though he knew it was no match to her smile.He had actually wanted to say 'It's good to see you on my side' but he had thought better of it.

Isabella had to surpress a giggle as she overheard Zazuka and Andy's conversation but then focused her attention on Andrew who had just arrived and had no idea how to react. "Happy birthday Andrew!" she cheerfully congratulated one of her closest friends for turning another year older. She waited patiently as many others went to hug him first, all the while thinking, Boy, Andrew sure knows a lot of people. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Jacob Cooper and Henric join and gave Henric a small smile of respect, before finally heading over to Andrew and wrapping her arms around him comfortably. "Your present is over there," she grinned as she pointed to the small pile of gifts for the birthday boy. Afterward she stood back and smoothed out her dress, not feeling too hungry to eat much right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back