A second time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andromeda felt no state of panic as he called her 'miss wolf', she felt calm and at ease. Something she hadn't thought possible. She listened to his breathing, watched the rise and fall of his chest until it's rythmic motion lulled her into a needed sleep. The many nights of nightmares had taken their toll and now that sleep seemed to want to take her she welcomed it, like Drae ... with open arms.

Patrick looked at his timepiece and got up from his desk. It had gone very quiet outside and when he walked out to the hospital floor he saw why. The pair of them were cuddled up asleep on the bed, they looked angelic and peaceful. Patrick was tempted at first to wake them but realised that both must need the sleep badly. He picked up a blanket from the end of one of the beds and draped it over the two sleepers. He then quietly left the hospital wing to go back to his office. They would wake up when they were good and ready, he told himself.

Andromeda didn't know how long she lay there for but she did know that it was quite possibly the best sleep she had in ages. She uncurled herself from Drae's arms slowly and carefully. Gently nudging him awake.
"Hey you!" she whispered, not wanting her uncle to hear them just yet.

"Mmph!" Grunted Vydráel. His sleep completely shattered, "Yes..?" he asked, his eyes shooting open and his mouth turning to a grin as he realised Andy hadn't left him alone.

"It's fine." he muttered in reply, letting his eyes adjust to the sudden light from dark before continuing. "We probably should leave shouldn't we? Though i doubt i'll get any more sleep now." He added with a chuckle at last.

Andromeda moved carefully off of the bed and stood up beside it.
"Come on then lazy bones" she smiled, "that was the best sleep I've had in ages, might have to sleep with you again".

It was said before she realised exactly what it was she had said, Andromeda blushed crimson and stammered a little.
"You...well... I ehm.. you know... what I.. mean right?"

Vydráel shrugged and smiled. "Don't you mean, you slept on me?" Not quite understanding her embarrassment.
"Come on then." He added, getting off the bed and straitening his clothes. "I feel a need for a hot fire and bad jokes." He broke out into a fit of laughter at his private joke, realising she wouldn't get it even if he explained it.

Patrick heard talking and tilting his head so he could see out of his office, he smiled when he saw the two of them awake. He stood up and went out to meet them.
"The sleeping beauties finally woke huh?" he smiled, "how's the hand Vydrael?"

Patrick laughed at the boys comment and turned to see his niece turning a deeper shade.
"I would have to agree with you there now go on the pair of you and be careful with that hand".

Vydráel wasn't sure WHAT exactly he was doing but found it highly entertaining. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks for helping me... again!" he replied to the nurse.
"As for us, lets get to the common room and find a nice quiet place near a fire. To make as loud and annoying as possible." He then said to Andy.

Patrick waved them off then calling to Andromeda he said to her;
“Mo chroí, tá brón orm. Tá a fhios agat go bhfuil mé ag mágadh?”

Andromeda smiled when her uncle talked to her in Irish.
“Tá fhios agam,” she said back to him before walking over and reaching up on her toes to kiss him farewell on the cheek.

“Slán leat” she waved as she followed Drae.

[[ for those who don't speak gaeilge, Patrick said previously - "My heart, I am sorry. You do know that I was only joking". Andy says to him, "I know" and then "goodbye".]]

Patrick watched them leave and wondered if he should tell his sister that her daughter had just slept with a boy! He laughed to himself and thought better of it, at innocent as it was and they were - Maeve would probably want her home and send her to a convent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back