A second time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy slapped his feet playfully then on a more serious note looked at him, this very serious boy infront of her.
"You'd be surprised at what I believe, I grew up with a family who were convinced they had their own banshee for goodness sake. All in a days work really" she smiled, "My level of belief in the bizarre to the mundane is pretty high. It isn't always about whether another person can see what it is you can. It's whether they believe you and I have faith in you so that's partly the way there already. You have to trust that someday someone will believe in you".

Andy looked at home and hoped he understood what it was she was trying to say.

I wish I could trust her. It's just so hard, not knowing when it will happen next. Who's mind I'll be inside... Vydráel let his head drop as thoughts raced through his mind, of all the possible scenarios. He knew she had a secret, it was obvious to him at times but he wouldn't let what he saw in her be betrayed by things out of her control. She could possibly accept what was inside his head at times, she may not and it was a gamble which he knew very well of. "No one would have believed me about the bullying at my school. At least I never thought so.." He began but stopped.

Why is it so hard to trust? I know I'm not perfect and Andy knows that, maybe it's because i can't trust myself... The insistent sickening feeling of regrowing bones brought him back, he pulled his head back up and looked at her knowing full well of any consequences that could happen after. "I know what happened at the forest..."

Andromeda's mouth fell open and if possible to go paler than what she was already, she went another shade lighter. She tried desperately to maneuver herself off of the bed but his legs on top of her lap seemed to have her pinned. Andromeda was quickly becoming agitated and without thinking pushed his legs from her with as much force as she could.
"I don't know what you mean" she glared at him, colour restoring itself slowly but her features becoming more infused with a redness of shame than any thing else.
She turned to clamber down from the bed.

Vydráel looked at her, keeping his surprise to himself. What the hell? "A man died.." He began, searching for the words that would make sense to them both. "The headmistress, the herbology professor and two men, one of whom died.. i remember.. someone on the ground but their face was shrouded as if she wasn't part of the history but was an innocent bystander. I saw death and pain and anguish." He stopped, as he didn't remember much of the events.
"I saw this all through the eyes of the man who died.." It was all he could think of, even thinking of what happened made his head spin, as if the one he had 'lived' the death of had merely acted and not thought his actions through.
"Please don't leave." he whispered.

Andromeda looked shocked, she hadn't known that one had died she had been unconscious. But she was glad, it was a horrible thing to think but she hoped it had been the beast. But Drae had said it was a man!

"Why? how do you see like that? how long have you known about the forest?" she asked as she stopped trying to move. Andy was sitting more on the edge of the bed now looking at him waiting for an answer.

"I've known since.. I tried to go inside.. I saw what happened and couldn't bring myself to go further, I knew all I would find is death and more death and more and more." His eyes were empty and so was his voice as he spoke, sounding more and more dead as each syllable escaped his lips.
"The same thing happened in the library, someone jumped out of the tower directly above where we were and I relived it.. Through HIS eyes." His body started feeling cold, his heartbeat was so loud is was exploding in his ears each time it beat, all his senses were somehow elevated and numbed at the same time. He hung his head to hide his anxiety. "..You think I'm a freak."

"You said you saw" she turned to look at him now, "what else did you see?"

She knew Zuka could sense her feelings so Andy believed this boy could do what he claimed he could do. How many more students around the school knew or suspected? She might as well just put up a poster.

He wasn't sure what Andy was implying but he knew he hit a spot he should never have touched. "The other man.. he was a beast. Part man and part animal, if i had actually been the man who died. I would have been fascinated by this person. The man i was watching the entire scene from, he was confused and angry. Acting instead of thinking, talking about something i still can't make out.." As far as he knew, maybe Andy was the girl who was attacked, but kept the observation to himself.
"There was a fight, yelling, threats and then death. I'm sorry but I can't remember many details." Was all else he could say. Why does she care so much..? I thought most people knew about the death The entire castle seemed to be buzzing about some form of night time battle but no one but Vydráel and the ones directly involved actually knew who was part of it, Vydráel didn't even know what it was about.

Andromeda didn't know what to do or say. Where to even look! The other man was a beast... that's what Drae had said. How could she tell him that she was now the same. A beast! The word angered her and scared her.

"Who else knows Drae? How many people have you shared this with?" she had to know.

He looked at her, not knowing why he felt annoyed and some of those feelings that he had felt as a child boiled up the surface. "You're the only one, but i suppose even you think I'm just crazy." he almost spat, burying his face in his free arm while curling his knees up to his face. "I am the freak they said i was at school then, if thats how I'm to be treated."

Andromeda looked at him, her heart went out to him it did. She had never been considered a freak really, the muggles school she had gone to sure there had been bullies but she wasn't the freak she was today! He had a gift and she had a curse, there was a huge difference, a magnitude of difference as to who was the freak here.
She placed her hand on his arm.
"You are not a freak and I'm sorry if you think I'm treating you all wrong here. I just really needed to know exactly what it was you saw" she told him, "I never said I didn't believe you it's because I believe you that I need to know all the details. My life changed that night Drae, changed in ways you could never imagine".

Patrick strolled out with a file in his hand that he was busy reading, he looked up momentarily to see the two in deep conversation. It looked really serious actually. He wondered should he interrupt or just go back to his office. Deciding on the former they could always carry on their discussion on their way out, he went over to the bedside.
"So how's that wrist doing now then?"

Vydráel felt his emotion slip behind his face once more, showing nothing of what he felt to anyone around him. "It's feeling better now." He replied to the nurse. "Still growing some things in there but it shouldn't be a problem."

Patrick smiled and lifted his timepiece that hung low around his neck.
"I'd say about another 20 minutes should cover it, I'll come back then to sign you out" he stopped before going back to his office, "Did either of you want a drink or something while you wait?"

Vydráel shook his head at both questions. "Not thirsty thanks. It's ok Andy, really. I'd rather talk then have nothing but the feeling of growing bones to think about, it makes me queezy."

"Ok then if you're sure" She said quietly returning to sit at the side of the bed looking down at her fingers and not saying anything else at all. Not knowing what else to say really, she certainly didn't want to say too much if she could help it.

"Ok then" Patric said absently noting the quietness that seemed to overcome the two of them, he walked back to his office and sat at his desk. He shook his head wishing he had a pair of extendible ears just once as he used to when he attended school.

Vydráel made sure the nurse was out of earshot before looking back at Andy. "Andy I've seen and met more kinds of people then you think, you'd be surprised of what i can deal with. Why is it so important you know the details of what i saw? It was unfocused and fragmented, considering that you want to know everything about it. You were the one i saw attacked. What is going on?"

Andromeda looked at him and shifted her weight in the bed so she was turned to face him.
"That's what I needed to know, if you had seen me attacked or not. That was all" she told him still not sure if she could say anymore, her hand instinctively went to her shoulder though and gently squeezed where she knew the huge scar to be.

Vydráel nodded his head in understanding. "Remember those scars? Maybe they mean more then just taking pain." He opened his arms out for a hug. "You could have multiple personalities and turn into a behemoth every Halloween and you wouldn't scare me."

Andromeda smiled at this strange boy before her, she watched as he opened his arms out to her. She looked for a moment undecided as to what to do, she wasn't the most affectionate of people but slowly she moved closer and leaned down so that she rested her body against his within the enclosure of his arms. Her head rested on his chest and her hands gently touched his jumper. She knew she wasn't squashing him as she lay more beside his body than on it. But Andromeda felt peaceful and content.
"Sometimes I just scare myself Drae" she told him quietly.

"All you need is love." Vydráel murmured. The days exertions slowly weighing down his body. His eyes grew heavy, his breathing was shallow. He fell asleep with the feeling of being accepted for who he was, regardless of the extras. "Your secrets safe with me miss wolf." he added before giving into the darkness enveloping his sight, with a sigh he fell asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back