A search

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked on the fifth floor as his shoes made a 'tap..tap' sound. He didnt care as he assumed many people would be doing lessons at this hour of the day. It was only him and perhpas a few others that had electives and might be free. Andrew hadn't choose muggle studies as he knew all about muggles, he had been raised like one too.

He therefore had decided to do something worth today. He was trying to find secret passages in the school. He had heard that many of the students had suceeded to find them yet as Andrew doing his homework all day in the library hadn't found time for these kinds of acts.

Astronomy and Divintaion lessons were becoming a pain, not because they were boring but because these towers were very high and it took more then ten minutes to reach hos classes and if he woke up late any day by mistake he would surely end up late in class. Therefore, he had decided to dedicate his time to finding the secret passage ways so he could reach to his classes on time.

Ellie was bored. She had been sitting in the Gryffindor Common Room, but she had become quickly tired of it as noone else was in there. Most other people had classes, but Ellie didn't, she hadn't picked an elective which took up her time at that hour.
Running down a set of stairs and turning onto the Fith floor corridor, Ellie began to walk along it. She had no idea were she was going, but decided to let her legs take her on a journey and see were she ended up. As she began to sing under her breath, an old lullaby her mum had sang to her many times, she stared at all the Portraits she passed, flashing everyone inside them, be it a witch or a horse, a smile. Hearing tippity tappity sounds, Ellie wondered who they were coming from. She didn't have to wonder for long, for as she turned another corner, she nearly ran straight into Andrew. "Woops, sorry" she grinned "Hey" she added, her eyes sparkling as she smiled at him.

Andrew cut a corner to his right and ran into Ellie. "Hey Ellie" he said with a smile. He wondered if a companion in this search would be beneficial and his mind told him a 'yes'. "Don't have classes?"he asked her rasing an eyebrow. "Same for me" he added with a grin. "I thought I'd do something useful" he began then taking a short pause he asked her "Are you free right now?"

Tucking a brown curl behind her ear, Ellie smiled brightly, "Nope, none, thankfully" she answered Andrew, as he said he had none either and had decided to do something useful.
"Yehp, I'm free, anything in mind?" she asked him grinning, wondering what the useful thing he was
planning to do was.

Andrew grinned at Ellie as she confirmed herself as free. "I was thinking, why don't we search for secret passageways?"he asked her his grin getting wider as he mentioned it. "Its a big problem for me coming up to Astronomy, Divnation and Arthimacy classrooms" he explained her and then added "I'm sure it would help if one was late for classes or anything else"

Andrew gazed at her and said "Besides, it should be fun"

Ellie listened as Andrew explained to her what he wanted to do. "Sure, I'm up for fun" she grinned, "Plus, I'm sure secret passages could turn out to be very useful, and they could be our little secret" she laughed, her grin widening. She was sure there were many secret passage throughout the school, and she had never heard any students talk about them. Perhaps she and Andrew would be the first to discover a few, well, the first students to discover them, she guessed the Professors probably knew a few, how else would they get about the school so fast!

"Yes" Andrew agreed with a smile as Ellie agreed to join in the mission. "I'd suggest we start either from the North tower or from the dungeons so we can go floor by floor" he told Ellie the things he had thought on his own. "It's very important to feel the walls, they can be secret door or just walls but you can walk through them. Also potraits are important and we'd even be lucky if we check under the suit of armours" he said with a grin.

"So are we ready for it?"he asked Ellie with a smile. "Do you have anything to say?"he asked her as if they were on a big mission.

Ellie listened with intrest as Andrew told her his plan to start either in the North Tower or the Dungeons and work there way up or down, feeling walls and portraits and suits of armour for hidden openings.
"Sounds good" she grinned as he finished. "No questions" she added.
"I'm ready" she replied, smiling up at him. "We should call each other Agent Bruke and Sparks, as if were on a real mission in one of those detective films" she laughed.

"We'll start from the North tower, since we are nearer to it" he suggested with a smile as Ellie said that they should call each other as Agent. "Definitely true" he said with a grin as he started walking towards the staircase. He felt the walls with his hands and listened carefully if he could feel or hear anything in them.

One of the portraits shouted at him "Gerreoff me.." and ran to its neighbor cursing Andrew. "Sorry... I was just.. never mind" he said as he continued with his search poking his head under a suit of amour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back