A scream

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Lisa stormed out of the Great Hall, her copy of the magazine ripped in her hands. This Gossip magazine was getting worse and worse. The Lisa-should-be-Slytherin story was still circulating, and now the writers were picking at anyone who had a story to tell. It was foul, cruel, evil...only one seriously messed-up Slytherin could have even attempted this. And now the Head Boy was forced to reveal he was an Animagus; why would someone do that to him? The only way to get her emotions out was scream.

And so she did. Lisa's scream bounced off the walls and echoed in the nearby corridors. It told the world of her anger, her fear and her shock at the nerve of people. She fell to her knees, holding the scream for ten, twenty seconds...a surprisingly long time for her size. When she finished, she was left gasping for breath, on her knees, clutching at strands of her hair. Yet she didn't shed a tear. "Why?" she gasped. "WHY?" She

Lauren truged sleepily out of bed & made her way down to the great hall she wasnt really hungry but she went to catch up with some of her ravenclaw friends. She reached the first floor when she heard an almighty scream, wondering who had made the person so angry she carried on walking to find the person. She reached the ground floor & headed to the great hall, but she stopped abruptly & saw the person who was screaming was her fellow first year ravenclaw Lisa. Not wondering what to say she said "Umm, Lisa. Are you ok, what happened?". She looked around suspiciously for someone looking smug. But then she noticed another one of the 'Gossip' magazine torn up in her hands. Oh no, what have they wrote this time? she wondered.

Lisa stood up, her face contorted as she threw the accursed magazine to the floor. Upon hearing Lauren's voice, she composed herself and turned to greet her friend. "Angry," she growled, "Very, very angry. That's all." She glanced at the remains of the magazine, and tore her eyes away. "It's getting out of hand. I think I'm going to the Headmistress."

Yes, what a good idea! The best she had had in a very long time. She was fairly sure she could find the way to the office. It couldn't be too hard, surely. The person ruining people's lives needed to be stopped, and fast.

Lauren had never saw Lisa this angry before, she knew that the magazine must of said something bad. "What has it said this time?" asked Lauren. Thankful that she wasnt in it & she couldnt imagine how Lisa was feeling. "Are you sure you want to go to the headmistress? maybe you should calm down a bit first so you dont scare her & so you can think what your going to say?" Lauren suggested smiling trying to calm Lisa down.

Lisa took a deep breath, attempting to calm down. As if she could. She wasn't angry for herself anymore; it was for her fellow pupils that she was angry for. The writer had targeted their Head Boy and Girl and was invading private business of innocent people that was just that - private. Nobody should know; it wasn't right.

"It's not for me I'm angry for," Lisa said, keeping her voice even. "It's for everyone. It's for the good of the pupils. Nobody should have their lives shared to the world against their will. It's not right, and if I don't take a stand, who will?"

Lauren listened to Lisa and nodded. It was true, the person who had write it was invading people's personal lifes. "Yeah, i agree. I think the headmistresses office is on the second floor" smiled Lauren. "Good luck" she said.

"Thanks." Lisa smiled for the first time that morning. Her mouth felt like it was being stretched like a balloon. She turned for the staircase, but then stopped and looked at Lauren. "Do you want to come with me?" she asked; she'd like a friend at her side when talking to the Headmistress.

Lauren thought about this for a moment if it was her she'd like someone to go with her for moral support. "Sure, ill go with you" Lauren smiled. The gossip magazine was ok at the start but this issue had got a bit out of hand, it was displaying people's secrets publicly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back