A Ravenclaw In The Dungeons

Emmeline Windchester

Emme had seemed so busy with her classes lately that she had been out and about at all. This was very odd for her since Emme usually loved to do things outside the classroom. Yes she was a Ravenclaw and yes she did care about school work but Emme was not only caring about her work. No that wasn't the case at all.

Yet the weather was getting colder and too many people seemed to be hanging out outside, Emme decided to wonder about the school. The first stop, well the place that seemed so far away from the Ravenclaw dorm, the dungeons. Wondering and skipping a bit, Emme hummed a little tune wondering if she would be alone in the dungeons or if someone would join up with her.

Robert was sat on the floor of the dungeons on his own, keeping low, when he heard footsteps. He looked up pointlessly and tried to focus his eyes through the pitch black room. He wondered if he should alert them to his presence, but remained silent.

Emme began to sing silently the chorus of a random song that just seemed to come to mind. As she randomly skipped through the dungeons, she didn't see anyone in sight. Stopping for a minute, Emme leaned up against the wall thinking to herself where everyone else was.

Deciding that maybe she should go looking for someone, maybe Blake, Emme began her skip once more. This time she tripped over something, at first she thought it was her own feet. "Ouch" She said throwing her hands out to catch her fall.

Standing up she rubbed her knees and palms which weren't banged up too bad. "What did I trip over?" She asked herself

The footsteps stopped for a moment. His eyes still hadn't adjusted to the darkness. Suddenly the footsteps had become louder and faster, and he felt somthing knock him. Oh he thought. He stood up and took out his wand "Lumos" he whispered and the beam filled the room. He was face to face with another student, who had just tripped over him. "Sorry" he said simply.

Emme hadn't even noticed that someone was there. Seeing the bright light, Emme's eyes closed for a moment before reopening in attempt to actually see. "It's fine love. Sorry I didn't see you" She added as she steped back a bit. "And put the light down you dont' want to blind me" She added glad that there was a light but still.

"I'm Emme by the way" She introduced herself holding out her hand for the boy who looked maybe a year younger or even maybe the same age.

He gave her half a smile and lowered his wand, "I'm Robert" he said. "What's with being so formal?" he asked grinning, and high fiving her hand instead. "So what you doing round here then all on your on?" he asked.

Emme rolled her eyes as he boy named Robert high fived her hand. "I wasn't being formal" Emme said not thinking that her reactions were formal at all. Wasn't that how all introductions went. First years Emme thought guessing that Robert had to be a first year.

"Well I was trying to just relax for a bit. Maybe get out and do something meet up with some people" Emme said shrugging slightly. "What were you doing other than being a tripping hazard?" She asked smiling though.

"Nice place for getting out and meeting people" he joked looking round the dull dark empty room. He laughed, "Just..." he thought that would sound slightly stupid.."Just reviewing my situation, and yes, being a tripping hazard" he grinned again. He ran his hand through his blonde hair, and shoved hisw wand back in his pocket as things were now appearing to brighten up a bit.

Emme let out a small laugh. "Well I thought I'd start in the farthest place from the Ravenclaw common room" Emme said knowing now as she stared around the empty dungeons that it did seem rather well odd. "But hey I met you so I guess my adventure wasn't completely empty of people" Emme said as she walked over and leaned against the wall.

"What situation?" Emme asked curiously. Yes she was a bit nosy but hey Emme had never really learned about bountries well actually she just never cared to listen to those types of lessons. She was nosy and curious and well a Ravenclaw.

"Sounds good and yeah, but that's because im strange and demented" he said, "But i suppose so" he leaned against the wall next to her. "Well, even if i told you i bet you wouldn't believe me. I'm still confused about it myself" he said honestly.

Emme smiled as the boy said he was strange. She wasn't going to disagree though strange wasn't always a bad thing, not always but sometimes. Emme wasn't sure about this boy yet. In her opinion he didn't seem strange. Not very talkative but not strange.

"Trust me I've heard some stories" She said thinking about all the problems Maddie and Becca used to tell her, all the stories that she used to hate to hear, though Emme now missed all those stories. She missed her sisters. Trying not to think about that, Emme tuned into what Robert was going to say.

"Go ahead and tell me" Emme said her tone friendly as always.

He sighed and paused for a second. "Well, my friends father was murdered in september by her brother, although earlier she found out it hadn't been her brother, but her mums auror friend, whoose daughter goes to this school, and now my friend wants to be friends with her even after her father got sent to Azkaban" he said quite fast. "I said it was confusing. "I'm just not sure about my friend that's all basically" he rounded off looking at Emme to see what she'd say.

Emme listened as Robert let out a very confusing story that Emme, even with the Ravenclaw in her, was hard to understand. "Ok" Emme said standing up straight as her mind went through the facts. "Your friend wants to be friends with the person's sister who killed her own brother" Emme said wondering if she had gotten it right.

"Wow that is so much more than a twelve year old should be able to comprehand" Emme said once more leaning against the wall. She had not expected that story, not at all.

Robert shook his head but understood. "My friend wants to be friends with someone whos father killed her father rather than it being her brother who'd killed her father. You get me?" he asked, working it out slowly even for himself. He put his back against the cool wall staring a straight ahead and sunk to the floor again.

Emme listened as Robert tried to explain it again. "No sorry love" Emme said shaking her head. It just didn't fit in her mind. Maybe it was that she really didnt' want to understand something this dark or maybe her young mind just wasn't capable of understanding this complex situation quite yet.

"If you would names instead of friends I might be ok with it. Either than that I don't think I understand" She explained not caring if Robert wanted to use names or not. if he didn't she just couldn't help and/or understand.

"Which house are you in?" Emme asked curiously.

He tried again. "Larissa had a father, who was killed by napolde's father who is larissas mums auror friend. Although origianlly it was thought that larissas brother had killed her father, when in fact it wasn't. and larissa wants to be friends with napolde" he said. If she couldn't get this he didn't know how else to put it. "And Griffindor" he added, looking ack up at her.

Emme listened not knowing who Larissa was or even who Napolde was but the names did indeed help with her understanding. "Ok" Emme said smiling as it finally clicked still confusing and rather messed up. Though anything that had the fact of killing and deception was messed up in Emme's mind. "So Larissa can still be friends with Napolde" Emme said not seeing anything wrong with that. Neither of them did anything wrong.

Though when Robert said he was in Gryffindor, Emme's smiled increased as she thought about Blake. "Do you know Blake, Blake Hunter?" Emme asked wondering how Blake was doing getting used to the school. Emme hadn't seen him since their trip to the gardens.

"If she doesnt mind the thought of possibly being killed for being part of the sedgwick family any time she sees napoldes parents then sure they can" he said sarcastically, "I'm sorry" he added quietly. "Blake Hunter?" He knew someone who did but after what he'd just said he didn't want to say anymore about napolde. "I havent spoken to him but i know he's lurking in a corridor right now somewere" he said. He had past him on the way here.

Emme could tell that this wasn't the perfect topic for this boy who seemed probably too involved for his own good. "Well I guess you will just have to express your concerns to your friend and if she doesnt' listen you have to believe that she knows what is best" Emme explained knowing that it wasn't the advice that was going to be easy to take but life was never easy.

When he said that he hadn't spoken to Blake, Emme just shrugged but the thought of having him wondering around somewhere made Emme look a bit around if only for a moment to see if Blake would turn up. "Well if you see him before I do tell him that I'm looking for him" Emme said laughing a bit.

"So other than your situation..."Emme began "How is everything?" She asked wanting to change the subject.

"Yes, i guess so" he said. He smiled, "Sure, but he's on the first floor corridor if you are looking" he said thinking where he saw him. "Everything else is fine. How about you?" he asked politly

"I'll just catch up with him later." Emme said not wanting to seem clingy and all that. She just loved to spend time with Blake and she seemed lacking in that time lately. She knew it might even be less as exams came and then the Yule ball. smiling at the thought of the Yule ball, Emme tried to get back into the conversation.

Glad when Robert said that everything else was fine. "Good I don't think you could take anything else thrown at you" She said almost teasing. Even in the darkness and dampness of the dugeons Emme could still be in a good mood. "Oh I'm lovely" She said not seeing anything wrong with the mood she was in.

"I wish I could have helped you more. Sadly I am not that good at advice" She said

(posting as robert)

Robert laughed and stood up. "I would have to manage if it was," he said, "You're great at giving advice! But maybe some situations are easier than others though. So where were you going to go people hunting next?" he asked, quite eager to get out the dark room.

Emme smiled as he seemed to say that she was good at advice. Giving boys advice was not as easy as giving her sisters back in England advice. I should probably write them Emme thought randomly though she tuned back into the conversation. "I think I may head up to the first corridor and so on until I reach the towers again. Or maybe" She paused. "Maybe I'll get something to eat in the great hall. I'm sort of hungry now" Emme said smiling as she usually did.

(again)

He nodded and smiled. "Sure, though i'm going to my common room" he said, standing normally again, and began heading towards the exit. "Talk later yeah?" he asked, opening the door and signalling for her to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back