A Rare Day Off

Genevieve Rosewood

OOC First Name
Payal
It was rare for her to have a day off from her busy scheduled life but today was that rare day when she didn't have any photo shoots or adverts on her schedule so she had decided to go to the mall.Going for shopping to the mall used to be one of her favourite things to do back when she she was still at school.But ever since she became a super model the mall usually came to her house.Her clothes were all designer made on special order and she sat with the designers and helped design her out fits.So shopping sprees at the mall were minimal.

Even though her friend and body guard,Monsieur Massimo,insisted very much that he accompany her she did not let him go with her.It was normal for people to spot her and crowd around her but it was less likely that anyone would notice her if she didn't have a personal body guard shadowing her every move.And Massimo didn't know that she could easily confuse them into thinking that she wasn't the famous super model Genevieve Rosewood.She had always been good at the confusing spell.

She dismissed her driver and drove her red Maserati to the shopping mall Carrousel du Louvre.It was quite far from her home and of course it would have been easier to use apparation but Genevieve liked her new car and was finally getting the hang of driving.It was quite mugglish of her to prefer muggle means of transport but after four years of living among muggles she had come to realize that they weren't so bad and they had survived quite well without magic.She parked her car in the parking lot and then hurried into the mall wanting to avoid exposure to sun.It was a hot day and it was midsummer almost 35 degrees Celsius.She window shopped for sometime until she found a shop that she liked.The Louis Pion brand was one of her favourites when it came to jewellery and accessories.She started her browsing for things that she might buy.

Gabrielle had just finished an all night study session with her study group as she headed down the road. She lived on campus most of the time, but one of their study group members, Christine, had her own flat and so they usually took turns rooming with her, especially when they had final exams in a few weeks. Gabby had been studying herself sick and she had finally gotten her last lot of notes written out. She sighed, she had aced most of her exams last term, but she was really worried this time round. She didn't feel that she had really put enough effort into it.If she failed these exams, she was going to fail med school. She had moved to Paris to get away from her parents, but it was like they just followed her everywhere. She needed to think, she needed to find a good store she could blow all her money at. She didn't drink when she was stressed, she shopped, which in the long run was possibly worse. But she had never treated someone for shopping before, so that had to count for something? She hopped onto the closest bus and took it a couple of streets into the heart of Paris, that was usually where all the really expensive shops were. This way she would only be able to only buy a small amount. She wasn't rich, but working at a herb shop between classes and studying meant she had money to spend.

Gabby got off when she saw the perfect place. Carousel du Louvre. She had been here only once before, but the shopping was good. She flicked her hair over her shoulder and looked around the store. She was looking for a dress that she had once seen the model Genevieve Rosewood wear. Her dorm mate Emma was obsessed with her. She smiled as she headed into the shop, looking a dresses and tops and shirts. She hadn't been paying attention and so when she bumped into someone, nearly falling to the ground she was shocked. Had she fallen she would have likely fallen on her wand and broken it. She shook her head at her stupidity and looked at the person with an apologetic smile. "Oh my, I am so sorry." Then she took a good look at the woman. She looked just like that Genevieve person. It couldn't be could it? "I'm sorry, but you wouldn't happen to be Genevieve Rosewood, would you? My roommate is a huge fan." She told her.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for the lateness :unsure:
Genevieve had moved from the jewellery shop to the boutique.She was looking through the many aisles of casual wear which she might have worn if she had just been a normal 22 year old girl.There were pretty floral print shirts and comfortable looking jeans and many many simple t-shirts with cartoons on them.She picked out a few outfits and started heading towards the trial rooms.

That was when someone bumped into her and sent the clothes in her hands flying.She turned to glare at the girl who looked only a few years younger than herself.Had this been the backstage of a fashion show,Genevieve would have made sure that the girl had a permanent mark on her record.But she took a deep breath and reminded herself that today she wasn't Genevieve Rosewood,the Supermodel.She didn't have a *****y reputation to live up to.She was just Genna,a girl on a shopping trip.

Her expression softened into a smile as she bent down to pick up the clothes she had dropped.That was when she heard the girl ask her a question.She looked up at her and gave her a crooked smile, tilting her head slightly to the left and tapping her chin with her finger"Hmm...If you are looking for her,I'm afraid she has an off day today,and trust me you do not want to meet Genevieve,I've heard she's quite *****y...but hey! I'm Genna Rosewood and It's always good to meet a friend of a fan of Genevieve's" she told the girl, the crooked smile turning into a grin, holding out her hand.

OOCOut of Character:
No, this is late. You were not late. Sorry it's small. :wub:

Gabrielle nodded at the girl as she explained that she was not Genevieve Rosewood. She smiled. She could have sworn that this was the girl. Then again however, she had never paid that much attention. She supposed this could be anyone really. "I must apologise then. You just look so much like her. It's nice to meet you Genna. I'm Gabrielle Carmichael. Are you related to her? Or do you work for her or something?" She asked. Her last name was the same as Genevieve's. It couldn't be a simple coincidence right? She supposed it didn't really matter who the girl was really. She was only here to go shopping. Would the famous supermodel even shop here? Maybe if she was incognito. Afterall, Gabby had been a Ravenclaw. That meant that she wasn't stupid. However she decided to drop the subject. This girl was probably telling the truth anyway. She just wanted to shop really. Maybe they could shop together. "Hey, how long do you plan on being here? I could use an extra opinion?" She asked as she looked at a pair of jeans that were hanging on the rack. It would be nice to have a second opinion. Her friends were always just agreeing, with her and she never knew for sure whether they were just appeasing her or actually giving her a legitimate opinion or not. So much for Doctor's and good opinions. Maybe that was why they were always encouraged to get a second opinion? She smiled at her sudden realisation and mentally slapped herself for her own stupidity.

OOCOut of Character:
It's okay :D
"No dear,You misunderstand me.I am Genevieve Rosewood but I would prefer that you call me Genna because today is one of those days when I want feel like a normal person rather than a famous one." She told Gabrielle.It was her own fault actually that she had talked about herself like she was two different persons.Genna was usually saying very random things in front of the camera,things that made no sense and were later on quoted in magazines as words of wisdom from Genevieve Rosewood.It was very stupid of the magazine people to think that someone would actually be inspired by her ramblings.

"Well I have the day off and have nothing to do so I guess I will be sticking around."she told Gabrielle with a smile.Genna loved people who were friendly because she hardly met any nowadays.She missed being at Beauxbatons where she had many friends."You look like you could use some air and shopping-therapy." she told the girl looking at the circles under her eyes.Only two things could have caused them.An all night party or an all-nighter and judging from the fact that Gabrielle didn't look like she was coming from a party Genna had to assume that she had been up all night studying or working on some project."Have you been up all night?" she asked her curious about what she might have been doing.

Gabrielle nodded her understanding as Genevieve explained her meaning. That made alot of sense and she could understand where she was coming from. When she was with her family, she was very different to how she was normally. When you had a family that didn't accept you for who you were, it made things very difficult. "Ah, right, sorry again. Though I must say I was alittle confused." She added shaking her head at her own silliness. How could she have ever thought that this girl was two different people. She was supposed to be learning to be a doctor after all. How was this supposed to help if she was being so unobservant? Though maybe all the studying she had done last night and this morning were killing her brain cells. Not good, she needed those! Gabby nodded her head, albeit tiredly as Genna mentioned she needed some shopping therapy. She definitely wasn't wrong with that one. It was always better to shop with two over one. She smiled. "You really are on the mark there, both sound very good right now, I am so tired though, so maybe I'll take it slow."she said, yawning and quickly placing her hand over her mouth. She often forgot her manners, but she was sure that someone of Genna's celebrity would be used to manners. So she was going to try her best in the least. She nodded again at the next question and rubbed her eyes slightly. "Yes. I have my midterms soon and I really need to study if I want pass Biochemistry and Microbiology." She told her, wondering if she would figure out what she was studying just from those. Nursing was the most common guess, even though nurses did not study those. She did enjoy Med school though and she really did want to pass. "Is today your only day off this week?" Gabby inquired, looking at one of the dresses on display.

Genna listened to Gabrielle as she talked about how she had been studying Biochemistry and Microbiology all night because of her coming exams.The two words made little sense to Genna because she wasn't familiar with muggle subjects however she knew that these ones were related to what the muggles called science particularly related to living things.She wondered if it would be weird that she hadn't already understood what she was supposed to be studying.But she took a chance and asked,"So what exactly is it that you are studying?" she immediately realized that the answer should have been obvious and flushed slightly.Living in the muggle world wasn't easy and Genna always had to pretend like she was too dumb to understand thing but actually she was a witch and she hadn't take classes in science and literature but she had been top of her class at charms and muggle studies.

When Gabrielle asked her if today was her only day off,Genna had to take some time to remember her schedule.She had been very busy last week but the work load was decreasing and she knew that on Saturday she only had one appointment which was at the Spa and Saloon."I have saturday free and on the other days I have a couple of photo shoots and meetings, nothing major though."she told Gabrielle."So tell me where you come from? I mean I can tell you aren't a native here because neither am I, I'm actually from Canada." she chattered freely.Not many people in the industry knew that Genevieve Rosewood was Canadian and she felt like sharing it with this girl because she knew that she wouldn't be juged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back