Closed A Quick Study Sesh

Rose sat back, blushing and surprised. "Hi," she returned softly, pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping an arm around them. She looked away, unsure what had just happened. "Why... Why did you do that?" She asked softly, brushing her fingers against her lips gently.

Apollo pushed himself back a little so he could lean against one of the couches behind him as they sat in silence. It had been quite the bold move to kiss her and he still wasn't quite sure why he had done it. He did not regret it though. He shrugged when Rosalind asked him why he did it. ''I kind of like you,'' he admitted, glancing up at her though not meeting her eyes just yet.

Rose furrowed her brow when he spoke again, slowly shaking her head. "No... you don't?" She spoke, sounding absolutely unsure. "I... I've been trying to get closer to you and Arthur for years, it's why the pranks and jokes have always worked so well, why I was always so trusting..." She bit her lip, looking around, expecting Arthur to jump out. "What... what are you two getting at this time?" She asked, looking back to Apollo. She wasn't getting into this, not again.

''I think I do,'' Apollo answered. He didn't find it surprising that Rosalind did not believe him, he wouldn't have either with their history. ''We're not getting at anything. He's not even here, I told him I was going to study at the library so that he wouldn't come with me,'' the boy said, finally meeting her eyes. ''I... just never said anything because of Arthur. You know how he gets.''

Rose bit her lip and looked away, feeling very vulnerable. "Don't," She managed softly, "I can't, not again. You can't wait for me to get over that stupid crush I had on you and then come throwing this at me," She hugged her knees tighter to herself. "I was finally getting to the point where I was over you, I don't want to get caught in another prank," She didn't look at him, still convinced this was some elaborate scheme of Arthur's, trying to keep her cool as she waited for the other shoe to drop. There was always something else. Always.

Apollo was at a loss for words when Rosalind told him that she had a crush on him. Why hadn't she told him so? And why was she taking it out on him? Ugh, girls. ''Well, I'm sorry for throwing this at you, but I do like you. It's just that Arthur is always around either of us so I never really could let you know.'' It seemed that his spur-of-the-moment decision was coming to behind him in the ass. ''It's no prank,'' Apollo said after a moment of silence. ''Arthur is probably up in the dormitory snoring at the moment.'' He didn't think it mattered much where the other boy was since she wasn't going to believe him anyway.

Rose.... Was really confused, but she... She was actually starting to believe Apollo. She bit her lip, and after a moment she moved to sit next to him on the floor. Not so close they were touching, but close enough that they could. "I... I'm sorry," she apologized softly. "I guess... I just thought you were like Arthur." She hesitated a moment before leaning her head lightly on his shoulder. Was she allowed to do that? Should she move? She bit her lip again. "You... Really like me?" She asked softly, just to be sure.

''I don't blame you,'' Apollo replied, thinking back on all the pranks the boys pulled on her in the past. ''We haven't always been that nice to you.'' Which he had come to regret the more he was hanging out with just her alone. His cheeks turned a reddish colour when she leaned her head on his shoulder. ''Yeah, I do,'' he said with a nod.

Rose wasn't really sure how to respond, and she almost wanted to go find Jasper and ask him. She relaxed more against Apollo, taking a little step and trusting that he wasn't lying. She smiled a little, feeling her heart beating a bit harder in her chest. "So... Now what?" She asked softly.

Apollo thought about it for a moment. What should they do now? He really wanted to stay here a bit longer, talking and laughing with her, and he wanted to continue to do that from now on. "Oh, well, I was going to ask you this later, but do you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Roses heart skipped in her chest when he asked her to the ball. She hesitated a moment, surprised, before letting out a soft sigh. She leaned up and pressed a shy kiss to his cheek before burying her head in his shoulder again. "Yeah," she agreed softly, "Yeah, okay."

Apollo blushed when she pressed a kiss on his cheek, feeling happier than he had ever been before. ''I'm already looking forward to it,'' the boy said, looking at Rosalind.

Rose blushed at his words, laughing a little and standing. "I guess it's a good thing mom made me go dress shopping with her," she looked down, offering out a hand to Apollo. "Lets look at some charm theory instead," she teased him. "Probably a better idea than blasting books into your face,"

Apollo shook his head playfully at Rosalind's teasing and took her hand, hoisting himself up to his feet. ''I don't know, I think the practical showed some real potential,'' he teased back before sitting down at the table again.

Rose chuckled, brushing his hair from his eyes after he stood. "Well, your face does look better," She teased, before moving to sit across from him again. She tucked her hair behind her shoulders and opened her text book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back