OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Apollo found himself studying alone more often since the start of the year. It seemed like his concentration was a lot better whenever he was alone and not in the company of his best friend, which was why he was studying alone right now. He had, however, invited Rosalind to come and study with him. He knew Arthur wouldn't agree to it, so when he left the other boy alone in the common room, he left his best friend behind with the excuse that he was going to the library and that it was going to be long and boring. Apollo knew that he had not been too nice to Rose in the past but he was trying to make up for it now. Being nicer was a good start, he thought.

Rose was a bit uncertain of this. She had been trying to be friends with Arthur and Apollo for years. But each time she had thought she'd made headway, they had turned around and tricked her again. Still, somehow she couldn't help but agree to see Apollo. She made her way to the student lounge, taking a deep breath before entering and walking over to where he was sitting. "Hi," she greeted softly, sitting down without looking at him. She started arranging her books on the table.

Apollo glanced up from his essay when someone approached the table he was sitting at. ''Hey, you came,'' the Gryffindor said with a small smile, surprised that Rosalind had taken him up on his offer to come and study with him. ''So, eh, I don't know about you but I'm struggling to write this essay for Professor Adelia.'' Arithmancy had never really been his favourite subject but his uncle said that it'd come in handy for future applications.

Rose shrugged a little. "I needed to study," she murmured. He went on about an essay and she smiled a little. "I'm not taking Arithmancy. There is a pretty tough essay for History of Magic, though," she offered instead.

''Oh, I'm not taking History of Magic,'' Apollo replied. ''It puts me to sleep.'' He could tell that she wasn't that excited to spend time with him, at least he thought so by her reaction. ''What about Charms? We could go over some of the spells Professor Kain wanted us to learn?'' he offered in return.

Rose almost laughed a little, and couldn't help a tiny giggle. "Yeah," she cleared her throat, trying to hide her smile. "It can be pretty boring." She nodded as he suggested Charms. "Sure," she agreed, moving to take her Charms book out. She paused a little as she reached for the parchment in her bag, remembering the frog incident, but she brushed it off and pulled out her things. She cursed softly as in the process she dropped some half finished sheet music. Rose apologized, setting her parchment down and reaching down to gather her things.

His heart made a little jolt when she giggled at his remark, pleased that she thought it was funny. Instead of taking out his Charms textbook, or any of the notes he had taken during class, Apollo took out his wand and pointed it at himself. "Sonorus," he muttered. "DOES IT WORK?" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the lounge. He was quite startled by the sudden echoing, however, and nearly fell from his chair.

Rose was already halfway out of her chair, and the sudden shouting startled her enough she hit the floor. Unable to help herself, she started laughing, despite her sore wrist. "What-" she laughed harder, pushing herself up again and looking up to Apollo with sparkling eyes. She couldn't recall the counterspell at the moment, but she was laughing so hard she couldn't bring herself to care.

While Apollo had been able to keep his balance and not fall out of his chair, Rosalind apparently hadn't. He stood up and bend forward over the table to see if she was fine. "ARE YOU OK?" he asked when she pushed herself up, his voice echoing through the lounge still. "OH NO, WHAT WAS THE COUNTERRSPELL AGAIN?" He sat back down in his chair and began scanning his notes for the counterspell. He pointed his wand at himself again the second he had found it and muttered, "Quietus," before speaking another word. "Okay, oh, yes, that's better," Apollo said, smiling up at Rosalind.

Last edited:
Rose had almost managed to quiet her laughter, but then he yelled again and she was doubled over in another fit of giggles. She had at least made it back into her chair, so she could bury her head in her arms on the table and giggle uncontrollably for several moments. She managed to quiet herself after a minute, sitting up and covering her mouth to hide how hard she was smiling, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Apollo couldn't help but be pleased that he got Rosalind to giggle so much. Although the two of them often were at odds, mostly because of her cousin and his best friend, Arthur, he did really like hanging out with her whenever it was just the two of them. She seemed a lot less tense when it was just the two of them. ''Alright, so that spell definitely works,'' he said with a nod, putting away his wand. ''Got a spell you need to practice next?''

Rose managed to pull herself together, straightening a bit and trying to brush her hair back into place. Still, despite herself, she had relaxed, and wasn't on the lookout for her cousin anymore. She often forgot how much she enjoyed Apollo's company, when he wasn't with Arthur and being a jerk. "Well, I could practice the Impedimentia charm, but you'd have to throw stuff at me," she smiled a little bit.

Apollo frowned for a second, eying Rosalind when she said that he'd have to chug things her way in order to practice the spell the wanted to practice. ''Are you sure?'' he asked hesitantly. ''I mean, it won't get me in trouble, right? Chugging stuff at you?'' What with half of her family at school with them at the moment, surely someone was going to retaliate for hurting her.

Rose laughed lightly, a more controlled laugh than before, smiling and shaking her head. "Apollo, I'm the Lockwood you don't want to cross. Lily is a marshmallow, Ren is lazy, Emily is always in the library, Ava's caught up in a lot of her own things right now. If anyone knows how to handle Arthur, it's you. Really, I'm the scary one," She teased lightly. She didn't bring up punching Jasper in the face, that was ancient history now.

Apollo eyed Rosalind once more, though this time with a little smile on his face. ''What do you mean with 'I'm the scary one'?'' he asked her, intrigued enough to want to know why she called herself that. ''I've never seen you do scary stuff?''

Rose quirked a brow, trying not to smile. "Well I haven't had to punch you in the face. Why do you think Arthur always runs as soon as possible? He knows I would break his face if I caught him." She shrugged.

''Okay, noted,'' Apollo said with a nod, making a mental note to run even faster next time. ''Alright, so Impedimenta?'' he asked whilst looking around for things to throw at her. ''Should we put some cushions on the ground so that when you fall, you won't hurt yourself?''

Rose laughed lightly, quirking a brow and crossing her arms. "And who says I'm gunna fall?" She asked, a coy grin on her lips. "I'm tougher than you give me credit for, you know," She teased, moving a hand to brush her hair behind her shoulder. She was liking growing it out a bit.

''Alright, alright, but don't hit me when I hit you,'' Apollo said, standing up and gathering things he could throw at Rosalind so she could practice herself. ''Ready? One, two three,'' He then threw a book at her.

-godmod approved-

Rose smirked a little, preparing herself and standing loosely, wand at the ready. She watched as he picked up the book, and concentrating as he threw it, quickly raised her wand and recited the spell and movement. At first, it worked, the book slowing in the air. Rose laughed in delight, eyes sparkling as she smiled at Apollo. But then, the book shot backward, smashing into his face. Rose stood there a moment, frozen with her mouth hanging open in shock, as he fell flat on his rear.

Rose dropped her wand and hurried over, kneeling down in front of him. "Oh my gosh, Apollo, I'm so sorry, are you alright?" She fretted, hands hovering but not quite touching him.

Apollo did not expect the book to shoot back towards him when Rosalind caught it with her spell. And so he fell flat on his rear, rubbing the spot on his where the book had made contact with him. "Well, that's a first," Apollo said with a slight chuckle, not quite meeting her eyes because he was a little embarrassed. "Good to know that it definitely works, though,"

Rose was silent for a brief moment before she erupted into laughter, covering her mouth and trying to hold back. "I'm sorry," she laughed, reaching out and brushing his hair back to get a better look at where he'd been hit. "I swear-" She struggled to get out her words, she was laughing too hard, "I swear I didn't," She took in gasping breaths, "I didn't mean- to hit you," She managed finally.

Apollo finally turned to look at Rosalind when she started laughing about it. ''I'm glad me taking a book to the face gives you that much joy,'' the Gryffindor said. He could not stop himself from smiling when she brushed his hair back though. He liked her like this, laughing. It made him realise that perhaps he should spend less time with Arthurian and more with her. And then, making one of his infamous spur-of-the-moment decisions, Apollo leaned forward to give her a quick peck on the lips.

Rose managed to swallow her giggles, sitting up straighter and flipping her hair back behind her shoulder. "Oh, consider it payback for that frog," she teased, for once not cringing at the memory of the frog he and Arthur had slipped into her bag. Before she could say anything else though, the most unexpected thing happened. He kissed her. She sat there stunned a moment, heart beating like the drummer of a heavy metal band. Slowly, though, her eyes fluttered shut and she hesitantly kissed him back.

Apollo was surprised to find Rosalind kissing him back. ''I... eh... yeah... Hi,'' he said, not knowing what else to say after he had pulled back a little. He didn't know whether to apologise or not, or whether she was going to hit him with another book. He could only hope that she wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back