OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
Tyler didn't understand girls, least of all Sierra. When he had gotten a pink rose with her name on it he had been ecstatic at first, but before he could get too excited he had learned that Blake had gotten one too. That, combined with the fact that they both had the same message too, the one she sent every year, was just confusing to the boy. What was she trying to say by changing the rose to pink this year? Did she not understand what each color meant? He was feeling a bit frustrated with everything, especially as he now entered the Great Hall all by himself. Blake had gotten himself a date with Alice Holland, much as he had claimed he would. It was frustrating that everything seemed to go so easy for him. Tyler scanned the room and spotted Sierra. After a moment of hesitation, he made his way over to her. "Sierra." He said, giving her a nod in greeting.

Sierra was definitely enjoying Valentines Day, it was almost as much fun as Christmas! The young Gryffindor always looked forward to the dances as well, though she hadn't thought of taking a single person as a date, she would rather go and see all her friends there! She had just finished a dance with Deepa when the other Gryffindor said she'd go get them drinks when she saw another friend of hers approaching. "Tyler!" She exclaimed in response. "Want to dance with me?"

Tyler couldn't help a small smile at Sierra's enthusiasm, though he shrugged at her question. Normally, he would probably have enjoyed being asked to dance by her, but he had come here with a purpose. "Maybe in a bit, could we talk first?" He asked her, hesitating. "I... got your rose." He started, wondering if she would understand what he was talking about. He wished she would, so he wouldn't have to explain what about it was confusing him, but he guessed that she wouldn't. "It was pink." He added, a small frown on his face. "As was the one for Blake, right?"

Sierra nodded her head, though she loved dancing there was nothing wrong with a bit of chat too! She grinned when he said he got her rose, she was glad he did and as he continued to speak she nodded her head. "Yeah! And Deepas and Jasper's and... everyone's!" She laughed, before pausing with a small frown. "I've been getting pink roses so I thought that's maybe just what you sent to friends."

Tyler's face fell when Sierra confirmed she had sent pink roses to Deepa and Jasper and basically everyone she thought of as a friend. It was even worse to hear that it was basically his fault for sending her a pink rose, though he quickly dismissed that thought. It wasn't his fault that Sierra wasn't following the rules. He shook his head. "No, they say the meanings of the colors every year Sierra." He told her, unable to disguise his annoyance. "If someone sent you pink roses, that probably means they... they like you." He said, faltering slightly on the words. Of course, the roses had come from him, but he didn't feel confident enough to say that. Especially not now that he knew Sierra had sent pink roses to everyone, even Jasper and a girl.

Sierra listened as Tyler explained what the roses meant and that they had explanations under the roses, but didn't pick up on his frustration or annoyance. She frowned, finding the whole rose situation was beginning to be too complicated for her. "But I do like everyone I sent it to." Sierra said, beginning to feel frustrated herself. "But if they like me, why is it a secret? Why can't they tell me so we can be friends?"

Tyler barely suppressed a sigh at Sierra's words, he looked away for a moment as he tried to think of how to formulate what he was going to say. "Of course you do, you like them all as friends." He told her, not looking at her. "But pink roses aren't for friends, they're for people you like." He said, turning his gaze back to her. He needed her to understand this, or his gestures so far had been for nothing. "Someone you want to date... someone you have a crush on. Not just... everyone you like to talk to." He told her, wondering how she hadn't understood this yet. They were in third year, others in their year were already dating. "The person sending you those roses doesn't just want to be your friend, they like you. They probably are already your friend." He said, meeting her eyes and willing her to make the connection without him having to spell it out.

Sierra nodded her head, though Tyler wasn't looking at her, she did like all her friends. It was such a weird conversation to be having. She listened to him as he spoke about dating and crushes, but it was all still so new to her, and she honestly just didn't know why people couldn't just be friends and like anyone and everyone. Sierra looked away to the other people around at the Dance, and wondered if she should ask other people to actually go as a date. Looking back at Tyler, she sighed. "So like, someone I want to kiss?" She asked, though it wouldn't really help too much, she wanted to kiss a lot of people. But, she supposed, she didn't want to kiss Professor Alicastell. "Why wouldn't they just tell me they want to kiss me?"

Tyler wondered if Sierra was misunderstanding him on purpose, or if she really didn't get it. he was trying not to show his frustration. Why was this such a difficult concept for her? "I mean, someone that wants to kiss you, but also probably date you." He said, shrugging again as if he didn't know. "Like, as a girlfriend. You know." He added, horrified now to feel his cheeks heat up. "That's what I think, anyway." He said hurriedly. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" He added, unable to help himself. Tyler shrugged at her question. "Maybe they're afraid you don't like them the way they like you?"

Sierra nodded her head, beginning to understand what Tyler was talking about. She had known her brothers to have girlfriends, so the term made sense to her. She wondered how he knew about all this stuff when she knew nothing. Maybe she was going to have to have another conversation with her mom about how it all works. Sierra shook her head when he asked if she had had a boyfriend before. "No, not a girlfriend either. But...I've kissed people...should they be my boyfriend and girlfriend? What about you? You know a lot - have you had one?" Sierra asked, before shrugging back at his last comment. "I think they should just be honest anyway because I probably do like them."

Tyler felt himself tense when Sierra said she had kissed people. A boy and a girl from the sound of it. His cheeks flushed, though he wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or anger. "No." He said when she asked if he'd had a girlfriend. She said the person sending the roses should just be honest, but Tyler had never felt less like admitting it had been him. "You're supposed to like someone more than everyone else." He told her sharply. "That's how it works. You like someone, and if they like you too you date. You can't just go around kissing people." He said, suddenly wishing he was anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back