Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Rigid Pear Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
((Open after Emzies))

Emilia had found herself thinking of Shane Ackley and the Yule Ball more and more lately, as she really did have a wonderful time. And during their talk in the common room later, she felt like maybe they had connected just a little bit. Sure, he had said that he didn't believe in long-lasting relationships with one person, but Emilia was starting to wonder if maybe that could be changed. Maybe Shane could be shown how wonderful it was to be special to someone, and to have someone feel that way about you too. And just maybe... she could be that person for him. It was a bit soon to find a new boyfriend after Derek, but deep down, Emilia felt like she did better when she was in a relationship instead of being alone. She felt so lost without Derek, and Shane had made her feel something familiar, but something new too. There was something more dangerous about him than Derek, which was drawing Emilia to him lately. It wouldn't hurt to spend time with him at the Valentine's Dance, right? Even if they couldn't date, maybe she could be his friend. With that reassurance to herself in mind, Emilia scanned the crowd for the blond Hufflepuff until she found him. Taking a deep breath for courage, she stepped over to him and waved. "Hi Shane, enjoying the dance?"

Shane has been a little concerned about the pink rose that he had gotten from Emilia, a pink rose from Violeta or one of the other girls he had kissed he wouldn’t question, but the one from Emilia felt oddly coded. She had been very fixated on asking him about if he was interested in the idea of being someone’s special person. Fixated on that being a specific person rather than in his mind a few people for a short period of time. He was trying to ignore his worries and spend his time enjoying the ball, looking for another girl or boy to speak to, he had the rose Emilia had given him and was keen to give it away. He was interrupted in his searching by Emilia herself, he looked around and let a flirty smile fall on to his features. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pink rose, ”I am now,” he couldn’t stop himself, it was far easier to react like this than actually own up to his actions. Shane had to hope his worries were for nothing. ”I got this beautiful pink rose with a note that wasn’t signed,” he let a smirk settle in his features, ”you wouldn’t happen to know anything about it would you Emilia?”

Emilia tucked some of her hair behind her ear, smiling in return as Shane smiled at her. Her heart fluttered and she felt more hopeful. If he wasn't happy to see her, he wouldn't be smiling and saying those things, right? She laughed shyly when he brought up the rose, giving a small shrug. "Well... maybe I do." She said, attempting for a flirty tone in return. "But I also got a rose, and it was signed, by you. So we're even." She said, meeting his gaze for a moment before ducking her head again, her smile growing a little. It was... nice to flirt, nice to feel appreciated. She grabbed a drink off a nearby table, mostly for something to do with her hands. She took a sip and then glanced at Shane again. "Did you get many roses?" She asked him carefully.

Shane let the flirty smile settle on his lips and then at the question he shook his head, ”I’m not a roses kind of guy,” he reached into his pocket and took out the pink rose that she had given him. ”I give them, I don’t usually get them,” he told her twirling the rose in his fingers, ”Come here,” he left his voice speak softly, a smile upon his lips, inviting her to close the distance between them a little. He knew he was playing a bit of a dangerous game, he knew that this was the first occasions where he could face consequences for his actions. Even if he’d been very explicit about what he wanted and what he got from others. He kept the tone light and his body language open and friendly.

Emilia was oddly pleased to hear he hadn't gotten any other roses. Maybe that did mean her gesture had been special. She smiled a little. "Maybe you deserve to get one too, once in a while." She said softly. When he told her to come closer, she hesitated only a moment before approaching. She felt her heart rate speed up as she started to wonder if he was going to kiss her, her gaze moving to his lips briefly before she quickly looked away. "What is it?" She asked him softly.

Shane looked at her with a little small smile, the first real, genuine smile to grace his usually flirty features. This girl was too nice. He couldn’t understand why she liked him so much, why she seemed to almost be crushing on him, they hadn’t even kissed yet. She approached him, taking steps towards him. He kept the distance between them small, letting his eyes linger on hers, reading her face and her lips. He reached up with his rose in hand and brushed it to sit behind her ear. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her lips. He let his free hand cup her check and slowly pulled away, ”Emilia, you are a beautiful wonderful person, you deserve someone who will only ever focus on you,” Shane spoke softly, ”I am not the person, I’m sorry Emilia,” He pulled away from her giving her a little smile, as real as he could manage and then went to walk away from her.

Emilia felt her heart flutter in anticipation as Shane smiled at her in a different way, an almost real way. He had asked her to come closer, and she anticipated him to kiss her. Still, a small shock went through her as their lips made contact. It was a sweet kiss, but way too short. As Shane pulled back and started speaking, Emilia smiled at him. That smile faded quickly, as she realized what he was saying. Right after he kissed her. "Wait-" She said weakly, alarmed as he pulled away and then walked away from her. What had just happened? She felt crushed. "Wait..." She said again, even softer. Then, to her horror, tears formed in her eyes. She cursed herself for being so stupid, and now for letting her stupid emotions take over at such a public event. But there was no stopping them. She covered her face with her hands, a sob forcing its way out as she realized she had let herself believe in something that was never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back