A pleasant Surprise

Ryuuji Tsukino

OOC First Name
Raze
Wand
Holly Wand 11 Essence of Phoenix Feather
The day had been passing slowly for Ryuuji. It was well into the afternoon, though he felt it should be nearing sunset already. The sidewalks were dense with people, no doubt enjoying their weekend. Families gathered together, happily roaming in and out of stores. Children held tight to their parent's hands as they admired their brand new toys from the toy store down the street. Ryuuji couldn't help but smile at all the families. They sent a shiver of warm air up and down his body and reminded him of a better, simpler time in his life.

Looking around the place, Ryuuji came to a halt when he passed by a park, it was packed by a lot of people as usual, but since he had nothing better to do, Ryuuji decided to stop by in it. Tossing his soccer ball high upwards, Ryuuji prepared to catch it with his foot and started to juggle it to his thigh, chest, then to his head. He continued with the routine without even dropping his ball. After a few minutes of continuous juggling, Ryuuji decided to take some rest. Looking around him, He found an empty space which is just right under the shade of a large oak tree, deciding to take his rest there, Ryuuji ran towards the said place and as he did so, he had unintentionally bumped into a kid which is roughly around his age. Feeling the need to apologize, Ryuuji stopped to look at the person whom he bumped into. "I'm sorry for being so reckless... forgive me?" He said with a grin as he bowed his head a little to show some courtesy

The park had always been a comforting place for Penny, ever since she was a small child. The fond memories of summer nights spent here with her twin, though a little distant, always made her happier around here. The park was flooded with people, all screaming and laughing with glee painted onto their faces. Some smaller children were crying, probably after falling off a swing or slide. Their mothers were holding them close and cooing to them, though they weren't calming them down in the least. The sight made Penny a little sympathetic toward them, but it was kind of funny in the way that you're really not supposed to laugh, but you do anyway.

The girl was loitering around, bored as always and absentmindedly kicking a rock or two around. Her green eyes looked at a soccer player off in the distance, and she couldn't help but grin seeing that he could juggle so well. But, her attention was soon taken by another group of children running past her. Some plowed into her and kept running, others just went around. Maybe it's for that reason that she didn't see the boy finally run into her and stop. In honesty, she hadn't expected him to stop, let alone apologize. It was refreshing. Kids now a days were rude, though she couldn't say that she wasn't at times. Penny smiled at him, laughing a tiny bit. "It's fine, really. Thank you for the apology..." She noticed that the bow was a somewhat out-of-town custom, at least for her. "Are you from around here?"

Ryuuji was relieved that the girl doesn't seemed to be angry at him at all. It was quite unnerving when people would just be rude without any reason even if one had already apologize for one's fault. Ryuuji raised an eyebrow when instead of the usual rude come-back, the girl had laughed at him instead. "It's my fault, so it's obvious that I need to apologize.. I wasn't looking at the persons around me, that's why I bumped into you.." He said with a sheepish smile as he scratched his head a little.

Ryuuji was quite taken back by the girl's inquiry. Her question was just like the usual questions that were asked of him but he still find it too early that the girl had noticed that he was definitely not from that place. "Nope, I'm new here actually.." He said as he placed his soccer ball at his bag so that he won't loose it. The soccer ball was so much important for him that he wouldn't know what to do once it goes missing. "How did you know that I'm not from here? Just a hunch?" He asked as he put his hands in his pockets and looked at the girl who's in front of him.

"Still." Penny dug the tip of her sneaker into the dirt, smiling. "I didn't fall or anything, so it's really no harm no fowl." The prospect that someone actually still had manners in the world was pretty comforting. After all the only person that was really all that nice and gentlemanly to her was her father. "Although I think one of the kids over there scratched me..." The small girl turned a bit to look at the damage on her ankle, just a small scratch or two. None the less it stung.

Her eyes watched him carefully, "Well, you bowed a bit... That's not really the norm around here." Penny gave a jerky nod and smiled. "People don't ever apologize either... It's actually getting a tad annoying if you ask me." Her head turned back to the group that had run into her. "I can tell that they're from here, they walk around like they own the whole bloody park..." Observations were her specialty, it was just something she had developed over time, not really meaning to. Though the skill did come in handy sometimes, like right now. "Where are you from then?"

Ryuuji looked at the girl's ankle when she said that one of the other kids might have scratched her. He was actually not that much of a gentle man but he knows when it is the right time to help the others and to show his kindness. searching his pocket for a band aid, Ryuuji looked the bunch of kids who seemed to be recklessly playing on one of the swings without any care to anyone around them. "Here, you can use this, I always bring a handful of them in case some injury happens, I'm into sports that's why.." Ryuuji said as he handed a band aid to the girl. "It's not that much, but at least it will cover that ..." He added as he pointed at the girl's ankle which has a tiny scratch on it.

Ryuuji chuckled a little at the girl's explanation. He had found it amusing how the girl is so observant about everything around her. It's not that common to meet kids like that after all. "You're quite perceptive aren't you, you have an eye for details... that's quite new, usually, kids around our age are quite oblivious to their surroundings, just like them..." He said as he gestured his hand to the kids who were running around the park and bumping into various people without even caring to utter a small apology.

"I'm Asian, I'm from Japan... quite far from here ne?" Ryuuji said as he finally took his gaze away from the kids. That is then that he had remembered that he had not introduced himself yet, which is pretty rude in his opinion. "Before I completely forget, my name's Ryuuji, call me Ryuu is you like, what's your name?" He inquired, extending his hand for a handshake. Back in his place, a bow and a handshake is only common. It's a sign of courtesy all over their country.

Penny smiled more, accepting the band aide happily. "Thanks again... And I'm into sports too!" The girl sat down, put the band aide on her scratch and stood back up. Sports were always fun, maybe because she was competitive. But the probable reason behind her love of it was probably just because it was a way she could spend time with her brothers and at the same time upset her mother. "What do you play?" The boy's soccer ball came into her mind again, "Besides soccer."

She grinned and nodded, rubbing the back of her head. "Well, you know, you kind of have to develop that skill eventually. I guess I just got it earlier than most." Her mom always taught her to be gracious, and never to develop a strong sense of pride. It was a little too late for that, but Penny would never show it. "You know, watching them is kind of like watching a scary movie. It's really horrible, and you want to look away, but you just can't. At the same time, you just want to punch some of them in the face for being so rude."

"Wow." The redhead blinked, not really expecting that far of a distance. "That's so far away! You poor thing... Are you going to go to school around here?" The answer was probably yes, but he may be older or younger than her, so who really knew. Penny smiled and shook his hand, "Nice to meet you, Ryuu. I'm Penelope, but you can call me Penny." She paused. "Better yet, for the love of everything good in the world, call me Penny." The girl smiled at him, "Should I use an honorific? Or do you not mind?"

"Great, it's not often that I'll meet someone, much more a girl, who's into sports, kids would most likely say that they are into computers and such gadgets..." Ryuuji said with a huge smile plastered on his face. He was being rather energetic especially since he had met someone who has the same interest as him. "Anyways, take that band aid as some sort of compensation for what I've done to you earlier.." He added with a playful grin.

"Any other sport aside from soccer? I do judo back in Japan, I'm into baseball and tennis too. But lately, I've been focusing in soccer, it's just something that kind of relieves stress.., how about you, what do you play?" Ryujji said nonchalantly as he remembered his school back at his place. When he was still studying back in Japan, he would have a hard time choosing what club to participate in since he had had a lot of offers for being so good in sports where he's interested in. And him, being who he is, had turned down all of them.

"It's great to be observant, it's especially helpful when you're in sports..." He said with a smirk. He had a good hand eye coordination, but sometimes, he's not really that observant enough especially if he's too engrossed in something which thoroughly interests him.

"I'd love to do that, probably kick this soccer ball and hit them in the face.... but I guess I won't do that, it would be a pity if this ball would be dirtied by the likes of them..." Ryuuji said with a rather sinister smile, he's sadistic side showing a little. Ryuuji, though being extremely out going and kind, has this habit of tormenting other people of he would like too, though it was very rare for him to do so.

Ryuuji laughed at the girl's response to him when he had stated that he had came from Japan. It was quite funny really, the look in her face when he had said that. "I guess I better get used to that expression from now on.., anyway, maybe a few months from now, I'll be attending a school which is just around here. But right at this moment, I've transfered to a school right near our house so I can finish my studies.." He said with a smile after he had recovered from laughing.

"A pleasure meeting you as well Penelope, but I guess I'll stick with the name Penny, it's easier to say..." Ryuuji said enthusiastically as the girl introduced her self. "Nope, no need for any honorific, what ever you feels like would be fine.." He added animatedly as he smiled brightly at the girl.
OOCOut of Character:
It's alright.. xD

"You know a lot of people say that!" Penny giggled a bit, playing with the hem of her sweatshirt. It was nice to meet someone that she had a lot in common with. Though, she hadn't expected that they'd be so similar due to the large distance in their countries. "I'm not that bad with computers, but other than that I don't get the big deal about all of those things..." She grinned back, eyes squinting a bit at the sides. "And you're actually really funny, Ryuu!"

She tilted her head and listened to him, judo was new to her. As for tennis she liked it, did well with it, but never really loved it. But when the boy mentioned baseball, she grinned from ear to ear. "I love baseball! Like really, love love love it!" Penny took a breath, "I play baseball, soccer too... Rugby, and I guess I could say I run too." Really, what she meant by that was running at full speed away from Levi, her twin, when she upset him. None the less it was something she enjoyed, and it was in the Olympics. "I have to say, I like kicking the soccer ball and pretending it's someone's head, if I'm mad at them."

She nodded in agreement, fixing her ponytail. "Though even if you are observant, you can still get knocked in the head..." A small laugh escaped her lips, "That's what happened to me, anyway. I ended up in the hospital with a busted lip and a huge lump on my head."

Penny covered her mouth and laughed rather loudly, enjoying what her new friend had to say. "Tha-That's very t-true..." She tried to steady her laughter, though wasn't doing too well. "I think that even if you dirtied the ball it would be worth it... You could just kick it around in some grass to wipe off what's on it."

She laughed with him, solely because she was a very gigglish person to begin with, and laughter was contagious. "Well, will you be going to HNZ in a couple of months then?" The girl was always very hesitant in asking this, just because there was a possibly the person was a squib, and that's always awkward. One time someone had even screamed at her for it, so her tone was a bit more hushed. "U-Unless you're um... a.... you know..."

Penny nodded and flushed, not really for anything. He just seemed to be a really nice person. "Okay, whatever you say Ryuu." She retracted her hand from his, "I may say your name a lot, just so that it sticks in my mind. Don't think I'm weird or anything."

Ryuu laughed along with Penny. He cannot help it, her laugh was just so contagious. She can probably brighten up the day of his very perfectionist and strict mother. "You can't help it, it just... well, don't get offended or anything... it's just not normal for a girl to do.. you know, back at home, since I live in a very typical Japanese style house, girls there are very feminine, just like my grandmother, she's into tea ceremonies and stuffs... I have a cousin and she's into tea ceremonies as well, she won't even hold a small tennis ball" Ryuuji said wistfully as he recalled how formal his girl cousins are and how strict his grandmother is in teaching them tea ceremonies and Japanese dances. "Hmm.. I'm not into computers that much, I prefer bathing in the sunlight and moving my body.. sitting in front of the computer makes by back ache..." He added honestly. Though being a kid which lives in a modern era, Ryuuji doesn't really pay that much of attention to modern gadgets produced by technology. He was weird, just like that.

"I'll take that as a compliment Penny... I really love being funny.." He said with a teasing tone when Penelope commented on how funny he was. "Though sometimes, my humor is kind of dry, my mother always points that out to me... I don't mind it though.." He added with a light chuckle. Since his mother is so serious and strict, Ryuuji will always get out of his way to make his mother laugh at least just a little.

Ryuuji felt really comfortable talking with the girl. He had never really expected to meet a girl which is so much like him. He was quite enjoying the conversation that he had already forgotten that he was supposed to be taking a sit under the shade of the big tree which is just near them. "Great! Baseball's really great, and well, just like what you said, my motivation in soccer is when I'm thinking of someone whom I really dislike and think that I'm kicking them in the head... don't scream bloody murder then ne?" He said this time, with a rather laud laugh. People would always tell him that he's very sadistic at times and that he loves to torment others, he can't help it. He finds it amusing when someone would freak out at him when he say something weird.

"The worst injury that I had was when I got a huge bump in my head and a few black eyes because of a raging tennis ball, I don't care about it though, it's part of playing the sport.." Ryuuji said with a slight wince as he remembered his last match with his friend back in Japan which had ended up with him winning but with a few injuries.

Ryuuji watched in amusement as Penny laughed about his comment about kicking his soccer ball and hitting the other kids. Usually, people would reprimand him for saying that, at least, this time it was different. "Hmm... you think so? But I guess I love my soccer ball more than that... probably I'll just imagine them being tormented here in my head.." He said as he put one hand in his head.

"Yes, that's why we transferred here, you see, my parents, they're non-magical, so it was really a shock for them to discover taht I am one.. thoguh, I'm pretty sure that some of my relatives have the same situation as I am.." Ryuuji said casually, as if talking about magic and Hogwarts was just a usual stuff for him. "you attending it as well?" He inquired, he would be really happy is she is indeed going to. "Say it as many times as you like.. my name's kind of unusual here... so I don't really mind.."

Penny shook her head, still laughing a small bit. "No... No I get it completely. My mother actually forced me into a dress before I came here." She took off her bag, then took out a small green dress, complete with frills and a bow. "...I snuck my outfit under it." The idea of wearing dresses annoyed her to no end, it just made her feel too exposed. Plus, you couldn't run or do much in them, which she was sure was the reason for her mother wanting her to wear them so badly. "And," She pulled out a green ribbon, "this was in my hair. I'm pretty sure my mom wants to make me miserable. I'll only wear a dress if there's a dance, or maybe Christmas..." She nodded in agreement, "I live right near a beach in Australia, actually... I always go there and think. The waves are fun to surf too. I can't imagine staying inside all day." Penny smiled at him, "I might go on a hike next week, since it's getting a little colder out."

"Who said it was the good type of funny?" She smirked, teasing back. "I like dry humor, it's funnier than really cheesy jokes." The girl grimaced, remembering some very awful knock knock jokes she had heard. "I mean, I think the secret to being funny is all about timing." Her father was always trying to be funny, when really, he was just a silly little dork. "Though my mum doesn't laugh... at all."

Penny grinned, shutting her eyes and over exaggerating a bit. "Good, I thought I was really weird for doing that... Or at least now I have someone to be weird with. Either way, it works for me." She blew her bangs out of her face, laughing and covering her face. By now she had been laughing so much that her face was tomato red, a very embarrassing thing if you paired it up with her red hair.

"Oi..." She snickered a bit, "Tennis is violent, I don't think I would be able to handle a sport like boxing... I cry really easily." Penny admitted this grudgingly. She didn't know why she was telling him that, but she was. She very rarely told anyone that, it was for the sake of her pride. But seeing as the way things were going, it seemed like Penny And Ryuu were going to be friends for a while, so he would find out soon enough.

"You have a messed up head." Penny joked, placing both hands on him and shaking him a bit. "You sound just like me! Gah stop sharing my thoughts!!" It was actually really fun to spend time with him, she thought, not stopping her movements.

She nodded understandingly. "I'm half-blooded, so my parents weren't sure if I was going to end up going there, it was fun figuring out that I was magical though." Penny walked over to the spot under the tree, tugging her new friend along with her softly. Then, she sat down and leant against the tree. "And yeah, I'm going there next semester... Though I don't know how I feel about leaving home for so long. I mean it's for a whole year!"

"Dresses are weird.. I think they're made to make the girls who are wering it feel miserable, I mean, hiw can you move with that? Wind might blow it of and you'll get exposed..." Ryuuji said laughing at the thought. "You know, back at home, the traditional clothing of women are kimonos which is pretty much really hard to wear.. it's a torture... jeez.. great that I'm a boy.." He added as he kicked a small pebble that he had seen right near him.

"Green ribbon? I guess it will pretty much look good in you.. demo ne.. it's not appropriate for this situation.." Ryuuji said nonchalantly as he saw the green ribbon that Penny showed him. He doesn't really mind the color, green is actually one of his favorites. "Hmm... good for you, me? Where I live is pretty much like a traditional Japanese house which is near a shrine, I have to bike to go to the nearest beach there.. which I do every time I go back from school..." He said as he reminisce about his days when he was still in his homeland.

Ryuuji just smirked at Penny's reply. He doesn't really mind being teased for he himself is a prankster too. "Hm.. as long as I'm funny it's fine, be it a good type or bad type..." He said with a laugh. He loves teasing other people and making pranks. He often gets into trouble because of that. "We're the same you know, my mother, she wouldn't laugh at my jokes, or even smile, she'll just say that my attempts are very pathetic..."

"You're face's so red.. you look funny.."
Ryuuji said with a teasing tone as he pointed out at Penny's hair and then to her face. "It looks like you're gonna blow up... don't get offended ne?" He added as he laughed harder than before. "I'm weird.. now I have someone who's weirder than I am.."

Ryuuji snickered when Penny said that tennis is violent. He must agree if he may say so. Back in his home, when he had practice matches with his very good friend, he would always end up with a few injuries but it's worth it since he always win. "Yep, tennis matches can sometime end up to a bloody scene, especially since when the ball hits you, it hits you hard... but it's more fun because of that..." Ryuuji said wistfully, he had always loved tennis but lately, his attention is being held by soccer. "It's okay to cry, at least you're not fooling yourself... we humans are generally weak to begin with, we must express our emotions if we can.." He added seriously. Ryuuji's someone who can tolerate someone who cries in front of him, he doesn't view it as some sort of a weakness.

"You know, I do get that a lot.. people says that I'm sadistic.. they say that everyone should be wary of how I look, I may look innocent but deep down, I'm pretty messed up.."
Ryuuji said as he laughed while Penny was shaking him a bit. "Hmm.. I can't help it, my mind always works like this.." He added as he rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out in a teasing manner.

Ryuuji let himself be dragged by Penny to the tree where he was actually supposed to went a few minutes ago. "Yep, another thing to add up to my already weird personality.. it's quite funny though, my grandmother cannot really believe it.." He said with a light chuckle. When his family found out about the letter sent to him, they all freaked out. Even his ever composed grandmother had paced back and forth in their house because of shock. "It would be pretty sad yes, but it's not like you cannot stay connected with your family right? I mean, you can write letters and stuffs..."

"Exactly!" Penny huffed, placing her hands on her hips and leaning forward a bit. "You know, it's really embarrassing if someone sees up your dress. It's even more embarrassing if that person is a boy!" She tucked a fly-away piece of hair behind her ear, giggling again. "I've never been in a kimono, but I have been in one of those horrible corset dresses that in my opinion look like torture devices." Penny placed her hands on her waist and pressed inward, "It like... constricts everything, and you can't breath that well." The girl was amused by Ryuu's last comment and covered her mouth, then began to laugh. "Boys have it so much easier!"

She snorted as he said it would look good on her, not really used to anyone saying that. "My brother makes too many cracks about how I'm a ginger, and then he calls me a leprechaun when I wear green." Though Ryuu's next story, about the beach, made her smile sympathetically. "Well you can come visit me before school starts, and then we can go to the beach and relax together if you want." Penny gave a small shrug, still smiling.

Penny sighed and giggled a bit at the first part, and kept smiling even as he mentioned his mother. It was nice to know that they shared yet another common situation. "Well I guess some people laugh more then others, hm? I say we just try to spread the funny a bit." The girl then stuck out her tongue while smiling, teasing a little bit.

"S-Shut up!" She laughed more, turning even more red with embarrassment as the other pointed it out. "Like you've never turned red before!!" As he laughed louder so did she, not being able to help it in the least. "Who said that I'm the weirder one!? You're a lot weirder than me!"

Penny nodded, actually very impressed with the fact that he was such a good athlete. "Even dance is dangerous." She rolled her eyes, "One time I was in class, and I ended up backhanding my friend because she was too close to me." Dance was one thing that Penny didn't care for, to be honest, but her mother had signed her up so she couldn't argue. At least it was hip-hop and not something prissy like ballet. "I hate crying though, in front of other people even more... I 'unno it makes me feel as exposed as I feel in a dress. People who make fun of you for crying are even worse, I mean jeez, they need to feel a bit of compassion." The girl rolled her eyes and huffed in frustration.

"Hah, you? Sadistic?" Penny raised an eyebrow in disbelief, he looked pretty innocent. "Well I knew you were screwed up but you never came across as a giving-others-pain lover to me.." But, she mimicked his stuck out tongue jokingly.

She laughed and sat slouching against the tree. "You're not that weird... I mean by my standards. But then again my brothers are kings of the weird-dom." Being a girl with two brothers kind of sucked to put it lightly, they were too protective of her, and it was actually very annoying. "My twin'll be with me at school... So that's alright I guess." Her lips pursed slightly, "I hate owl mail though, things get lost too easily, and I'm sure that's a form of animal abuse."

"Definitely, I do agree with you, who invented that corset thingy? It's like the internal organs would come out with how tight it is.... talk about torture..." Ryuuji said with a shrugged as he mimicked Penny's action. "Jeez, I can imagine girls screaming like it's coming out..it's coming out that's bloody murder..." He added with with a smirk. He had seen girls wearing such tight clothes before and he does always find it weird why they would wear such ridiculous attires. "Yes, boys do have it so much easier... at least we don't have to wear such things... I don't know what I'll do if ever boys are required to wear one... " He added with a light chuckle as he patted Penny on the head.

Ryuuji raised an eyebrow in confusion when Penny just snorted at his attempt to compliment her ribbon. "I like red.. it's a passionate color... and green as well... though I can see why he calls you a leprechaun..." Ryuuji said, blowing some his fringe that was just above his eyebrows. He had noticed the change in Penny's voice when their conversation had somehow went to the topic about the beach. He had actually appreciated how the girl offered him to visit their house, it was such a nice act for him. "Hmm.. that's kind of you to say that... thank you, if you are willing to invite a weirdo like me, then why not?" He said as he put a hand on his chest and gave the tiniest of bows, so tiny that she might have missed it.

"Yes, they somehow lack the humor... we just need to exert more effort to awaken the sleeping clown inside of them..." Ryuuji said as he narrowed his eyes a bit and frowned. "My mother's stubborn, but I can say that I am more stubborn than her.." He added as his frown was suddenly replaced by a bright smile.

Ryuuji laughed when he noticed that Penny had turned redder than she is before, it was quite a sight if he may say so. "You're redder now... let's check your temperature shall we?" He said as he placed his hand on Penny's forehead. "Yes, I do know that... I'm weird and proud of it..." He said with a chuckle as he retracted his hand from the girl's forehead. "you're warm.." he added randomly.

"I don't really mind dancing, but... don't say this to anyone alright, what I'm going to tell you is pretty embarrassing, back in Japan, there's this Japanese dance where we were required to wear kimonos, you know the female clothing.. it's embarrassing to say but I'm forced into wearing one.." Ryuuji said with a laugh though it can be seen that he's flushing. When he was in Japan, they had tea ceremonies and often times, since they are a very traditional Japanese family, they would often perform traditional Japanese dances wherein males would have to act as girls."For me, it's alright to cry... it's not a sign of weakness... it's quite amazing how one can express oneself you know.. but I don't like it when one overdoes it.. and ofcourse, it's annoying when one makes fun of someone who's crying already.." He added with another frown.

"Haha.. I don't know but that's what people would say... they say that my appearance is just a mask.. .." he said as he clapped his hands together. A thin smile spread across his lips, framed by long black bangs. "I don't know exactly but sometimes, I do enjoy doing pranks.." He said, as flicked Penny's forehead.

"Cool, you have a twin? I have an older sister.. she's non magical.. and well, she's not that much into sports.. but we do get along, I'll miss her really.." Ryuuji said wistfully as he sat beside Penny in a cross-legged manner. "Yes.. that's pretty much animal abuse.. but it pretty amazing you know.." He added with a laugh when Penny commented how owl mail is some sort of an animal abuse. He finds the commentary quite amusing, he had never heard such thing from other kids before.

Penny burst into a fit of laughter, seeing Ryuuji make that action and comment in the way he did. "O-Oh my god! You're b-bloody hysterical!!" It was really funny to see another person's perspective on those god awful things. "I swear I wonder how some girls breath in what they wear! Example," She pointed subtly to a teenage girl, wearing something that looked impossible to put on, or at least that it would take a while to fit into. "...That's disgusting. I like sweatshirts and jeans, and then I'm happy. Boys don't even have to think about what they wear!"

"Red is alright... It reminds me of Valentine's day." Penny smiled subtly, only for it to turn sarcastic when he admitted that she could see why Levi could call her a leprechaun. "Well, it's not like I wear green that often anyway... I usually wear blues or even pink once in a blue moon..." The idea of Ryuuji coming to her house seemed nice, to have any friends over would be great. "I'd love to have you over. Although, don't act too weird in front of my big brother, he'll make fun of me for life." A small laugh escaped her as he bowed again, though she pretended not to notice. It was a very strange custom to her, just because she had never gone outside of Europe.

She nodded and smiled, laughing more. "Yes, eventually they'll crack. We just need to find the right joke, right?" To be honest she couldn't see Ryuu as a stubborn person, but took his word for it.

"S-Stop laughing!" Penny giggled nervously, letting him touch her head. "You really are weird, Ryuu. And I'm only warm because I'm wearing a heavy sweatshirt!" It was actually very funny how he felt the need to feel her forehead. "Are you implying I have a fever...?"

"E-Excuse me for a moment..." Penny grinned softly, jogged over to the other side of the park, behind a tree and errupted into a fit of horrible laughter. The idea of Ryuuji wearing a kimono was absolutely amazing, by Penny's standards. So, she couldn't help laughing. Once finished, she ran back over and saw that the boy was a little embarrassed by it. "Well, it seems silly but I'm sure there's a good reason for you wearing a kimono... Tradition?" The girl didn't have any embarrassing traditions under her belt, but her brother had to wear a matador outfit once.

Penny smiled and laughed, even after getting flicked. "Pranks you say? How absolutely amazing!" She wasn't much of a prankster, but loved to see everyone react to them.

"Well yeah I have a twin, and I probably shouldn't be around you, let alone any other boy when he's there." Penny rolled her eyes, "He's over-protective and thinks I should live in a bubble. As for your sister I'm sure she misses you just as much." She smiled reassuringly and pat his back. "I guess I'll have to use owl mail, no matter how bad it is for the owls. Do you know about house elves yet?"

Ryuuji turned to look at the girl at which Penny was pointing. He had noticed that the said girl was indeed wearing some sort of a very tight outfit. It's like it's a second skin for her. Ryuuji shook his head in disappointment. "Guess it took her an hour to wear that.. it's too tight.. it's a wonder why she doesn't run out of oxygen.." He commented while still shaking his head. He just have to erase the image in his mind, it would be a nightmare if he didn't. "Of course we do have to think about what we'll wear... though it won't take so long... pants and shirts would do..." He added with a smirk as he had finally forgotten the girl which they are previously observing.

"I can't promise that.. I think being weird is innate for me.. but I'll try to be good.." Ryuuji said with a light chuckle as he raised his right hand in a sign of a vow. It would be really great if he would meet any of Penny's relatives, they just seemed so much fun if he may say so.

Ryuuji nodded in agreement at what Penny had said. They just need to find the right timing and words to make someone laugh, he know that by heart. "Agreed. it's not like they can keep that poker face forever.." He said.

"Hmm.. not really, it's because you're too red... I just felt the need to check your temperature.." [/color]Ryuuji replied casually, talking as if touching a girl's forehead randomly is just normal. "I guess I'm wrong then.. you still have the energy to laugh after all..."

Ryuuji then watched as Penny had excused herself. He had figured that she was probably laughing secretly at the place where she had gone too. He had already predicted that reaction so he was not that surprised at all. When she had come back, Ryuuji pretended that he was hurt. "Really... Penny, you don't have to hide for you to laugh.." He said in a mock hurt tone. However, he knows that he cannot hold that expression for too long that he too had soon erupted to a series of laughter. "Never mind, I know that you'll react like that anyway... yes.. it's a tradition.. a silly one, but it should be followed.." He then said with a smile as he had finally composed himself.

"Yes.. I'm into pranks lately.. and I need a partner in crime.." He said with a wink as he remembered all those pranks that he had done before.

"I can understand that.. I'm pretty much very protective over my sister too.. I guess that can't be helped.." He said in understanding as Penny told him how protective her brother can be. "I'm sure she'll miss me.. she just love me that much.." Ryuuji then added with a rather triumphant smile when he talked about his sister. "House elves? Yes, I had heard a lot about them.. maltreated they are no?"

"It makes me sick to my stomach." Penny made fake gagging noises and held her tummy. She only wore things that tight clothing if it was a swimsuit at the beach, even then she tried to steal bottoms from the boy's section. The fact anyone would wear anything remotely like that outside of a swimsuit type of garment confused and disgusted her. Though she had to admit that the top would be cute if it was less tight and maybe higher cut. None the less, she switched her attention to Ryuu. "Well that's what I mean! I mean no guy says to himself 'Oh does this match with these pants? No... Let me change again.'" The redhead huffed again, "So not fair!"

"That's all I ask." She laughed and matched his position. "And I'll try to save you from my dysfunctional family... No promises though." Dysfunctional was a bit of an understatement, but it was the best word to describe it.

Penny grinned deviously, a weird thing for her to do. "Well, I can get my mom with some good old fashioned Irish humor..." The girl over-exaggerated an Irish accent, "Oi nothin' better than an Irish brogue."

"You know you act as if touching a girl's forehead when you're not their parent and trying to check for a fever is normal." She observed out loud, "And you would know if I was sick, because I get really cranky."

"Aww you poor thing. I'm so sorry I hurt you." Penny retorted, making a fake 'I'm sorry' face and hugging him tightly. "Please forgive me!" The girl released him, smirking and laughing a bit herself. "If it makes you feel better, my brother had to wear a matador outfit and dance around with a red cape once."

Penny grinned and winked back, giving a thumbs up. "Partner in crime, reporting for duty!"

"Maltreated is an understatement." Penny frowned, "They can't help that they have to obey everything they're told to do, so their masters tell them to do some really messed up stuff. And they're given nothing but rags to wear! And then if they don't do something they punish themselves and it's really really horrible!" The girl really did hate that whole system. "They have feelings too!"

"I think that there were guys like that too, some boys are very meticulous about what they wear too... though not as meticulous as the girls perhaps.. nevertheless, I'm not one of them.." Ryuuji said casually as he gestured to his attire. He was wearing a hooded shirt paired with some baggy pants. his clothes were pretty simple if he may say so, the only thing that probably highlights his way of dressing himself is the sports material that he would always bring with him. "Nothing's fair Penny.." He added with a snicker.

"Alright..I'll count on you, I'll better get ready to meet your family then? One day, I'll introduce you to my family as well, they're pretty... well.. unusual perhaps.. my mom's strict and perfectionist.. my grandmother is pretty much just like her. they have poker face. " Ryuuji said in an amused tone. His family in an assortment of different personalities, there are those who are strict, moody ones, over protective ones, kind ones, and a lot more.

Ryuuji just have to laugh when he saw the devious smirk in Penny's face. It was pretty funny seeing that expression on the girl's face. "Your face is funny.." He teased in between his laughs. "You must be really good then if you can at least get your mom, my mom's poker faced, I think she enjoys my pathetic attempts though.." He added as he tried to stop from laughing.

"Who told you that I'm normal? . . the word normal means something different in my vocabulary..." Ryuuji said with a grin as he once again patted Penny in the head as if he was petting her. He must say that it was quite fun since the girl's hair seems so soft.

"That doesn't make up for what you had done at all... " Ryuuji said with a slight pout. He was then kind of shocked when the girl had hugged him without any warning. his train of thought came to an abrupt halt, the sudden contact had forced him to hold back a gasp. For a fleeting moment, time stopped completely. He did not mind the gesture but it was just so sudden that he had not prepared himself. "Penny, I'm not angry.. no need to ask for forgiveness.." He said with a laugh though he knows that he was slightly blushing.

Ryuuji did a mock salute when Penny had declared that she was his partner in crime. "Salutations! " He said as he tried to do some military style of salute though he had failed.A tinge of mockery was tinted into his calm voice.

Ryuuji lowered his gaze, eyes fixated in the ground in deep thought. He knew all too well what the girl means. "It's pretty frustrating ne? It's because the house elves themselves had already believed that to serve their masters is the sole purpose of their lives..." He said slowly, carefully, as if he was thinking how he would phrase his words. "Though it's more of the fault of the one who had invented that whole system... it's really... horrible.." He added softly.

"But it works for you!" Penny nodded and smiled. She never was one to worry about her outfits, though she did worry about her hair a lot. Not so much in the sense that she would cry if it got dirty or messed up, but there was a certain way she liked it to look and if it didn't seem to be that way she would keep trying to get it that way. When she was a little girl it was just a giant ball of frizz, which caused people to make fun of her a lot. "Well yeah, but that sure sucks." She smiled and laughed a little, knowing the truth in the boy's words.

"My father is a dork, really." She laughed and smiled, "He's one of those fathers that just... doesn't seem to get it. You know what I mean? And then my younger brother, Levi, he's kinda quiet, really sarcastic." Penny counted them off on his fingers. "My other brother, Aran, is kind of a jerk. Then, my mom is just... Well she acts like something is up her bum every day. I still love her to death though... You're lucky to still have a grandma."

Penny laughed with him, her smirk melting into a grin. His laughter was contagious, that was a fact. "Oh thank you, although I think your face is much funnier then mine!" The girl stuck her tongue out teasingly, "Yeah well, you know, I'm good at a lot of things. Making people laugh is just one of my many talents. And I'm sure as soon as you leave the room, your mom probably bursts into laughter!"

"I can see that." She looked at him, letting the boy pet her. It was one of those weird things that she loved people doing to her. It was just very soothing. Though, whenever she told someone that she liked being pet, they told her that she was like a dog.

Penny smiled at him, poking his cheek as he pouted. "Oh come now, like you didn't like that hug!" Her blush was long gone, though she did enjoy that hug a lot. "Now you're red..." The boy's face was amusing when he was blushing, it was kind of cute. She pressed her hand to his forehead as he had done to her, still smiling gently. "But, it doesn't seem that you have a temperature."

"I can't wait to play some pranks with you, partner." The salute was a bit off, none the less she understood what he was trying to do. It was funny, so she gave a small giggle.

"Exactly." She sighed, sitting up. "I have a house elf, he's really a sweetheart. My mum loves having him around, and really we only ask him to do some chores and we may even set him free as a Christmas present... My dad's a bit hesitant though. I'd love to still have him live with us, he's like a live-in nanny to me." The girl smiled fondly, thinking of the small, floppy eared companion. "I think really, sometimes it's like that for people too... Kind of like how the elves have to do something? Expectations are kind of like that for us... Then we do punish ourselves if we don't live up to them. It's a little strange now that I think about it."

"You think so? This is pretty much the casual clothes that I wear.. I'm not picky with clothes, so long as I'm comfortable it's fine.." Ryuuji said with a shrug as he once again gestured at his clothes. "This attire is enough for me so I can still play anywhere and anytime I want.." He added as he waved his hand a little and played with hair. He had always love how his hair felt, it's the only feature of his that he took so much time to fix. "Yes... but that's the truth, life won't be exciting if everything would just be fair" He finished of with a light hearted laugh.

Ryuuji just listened as Penny described her family. Just like his, her family is pretty much varied as well. It was really fun in his opinion to have a family like that. "Your family's pretty much just like mine then? You know my dad, he was rarely home, but you know he's very protective of my sister.. boys are pretty much not invited in the house.. he's creepy really..my sister, she's like very moody at times, sometimes she's shy and sweet and sometimes she's just so... loud.." He said with glee as he talked about the other members of his family. His father's a businessman thus he had always had the need to travel, but his father always sees to it that no one is courting his dear daughter. "Yes I'm pretty much lucky to have her.... I do love my grandmother though she can be really hard to deal with sometimes..."

"Really? I'm flattered then.. as I had said before, I like being funny.." Ryuuji said as he once again copied the way that Penny stuck her tongue out. "You think so? I do wish that you are right.." He said enthusiastically when Penny said that his mother might have been bursting out laughing because of his jokes though she won't show it in front of him.

Ryuuji nodded in agreement when Penny said that she can understand what he means. "Great that you can see that.." He said with a laugh as he continued to pet Penny in the head. "I think I like doing this.." He added randomly, voicing his thoughts out loud.

Ryuuji chuckled when he felt Penny poking him in the cheek. He frowned childishly as he suppressed a laugh. "I didn't say that I didn't like it you know... I'm just.. pretty startled.." He said with a shook of his head already sure that he was not blushing anymore. He then flick Penny in the forehead when she commented on how red he is. "It's because of the sun's light and the heat.. you're seeing illusions.." He said in a playful manner as he tried to deny the fact that he's blushing.

"We'll do one soon enough.. you better be prepared then ne?" Ryuuji said as he grinned deviously at Penny. He was already devising some pranks that they can do.

Ryuuji played with the grass around him as Penny talked about their own house elf. Since he had come from a non-magical family, thy never really had a house elf of their own, but rather, they have maids, though it was in Japan of course. "that would be a great Christmas present for him then.. are you sure that it would be alright with him? I mean, from what I've heard, some house elves doesn't like being set free.." He commented softly, very careful with his words. "Yes, some people would do everything that they can so that they'll meet the expectations for them.. it's miserable to do that you know.. I kind of knows what it's like to have so much expectations placed at your shoulder.. it would be pretty frustrating... that probably is what the house elves felt like.. it's like they lost their meaning in life because of failing to do what they are supposed to do.." He said with a gentle smile. "I think we are pretty much the same to them then ne?" he then added with a small chuckle

Penny shrugged, smiling at him. "Some people can pull off that look, others have to really work to look good." Her hands were firmly situated on her hips, legs at an equal distance from each other. "My hair is what I care about, and yet I still hear the usual comments about its color etcetera, etcetera... It's annoying!" She pouted, "I mean just because I have red hair doesn't mean I have a bed temper! I mean I do, but that has nothing to do with my hair!" Penny then went behind Ryuu and began to play with his hair, "Life being unfair just makes people work harder, huh?"

"Well in honesty, hectic families rock." She laughed. "After all it makes things interesting. I'd rather a crazy bunch than some stuffy uptight... Well that's my brother's mother in a nutshell... She's a muggle, so she's not too crazy about the whole magic thing... But I never see her and she lives in Spain, so whatever." The woman was horrible, and often Penny would mutter curses under her breath after talking about her. But, because of there being another person with her, she held her tongue. "I have a great-uncle, I consider him my grandpa."

She nodded happily, "Well you are funny. It's nice to have someone to laugh with." The boy probably didn't comprehend the seriousness of that statement to her, after all she really did like people who she could laugh with. Ryuu was pretty cool by her standards. "I think my sides hurt from laughing so much at one time..."

"I love when people pet me, it's soothing." Penny admitted, turning a pale pink. "Don't you dare compare me to a dog, or I'll hurt you... Really." Why she admitted that she had no idea.

Any reply would have been fine to Penny, she laughed and poked his stomach now. "Then you liked that I hugged you, and you were nervous so you blushed~!" The girl teased him, laughing. She ignored his explanation for it, then snapped back into attention when he flicked her. "Uhuh. An illusion."

"Of course I will." She smirked at him, triumphantly.

Penny sighed and lent on Ryuu a bit. It was a very upsetting thing for her, she hated anything about having to be tied down or basically stuck in a situation. "...It's just, I feel bad that he's cooped up inside all day, and every time I try to get him outside, he would refuse because his master needed something from him. I just don't want him to feel so... trapped." The girl tilted her head back a little, looking at her new friend. "Do your parents pressure you..? It sounds like it..."

"Well, you are right.. but I just can't understand why one would took so much effort to make temselves look good.. you know, cosmetics? Well, I don't see the reason why girls should use that, I mean,, natural look is always better ne?" Ryuuji said with a confused tone. He had never really understood why some of his female cousins wear make-ups and stuffs. He had always preferred natural beauty. "You know, some of my cousins, they would take long minutes for them to apply stuffs on their faces, for me, it's like forever even though they say that they were actually hurrying.." He added with a frown.

Ryuuji raised an eyebrow when when Penny told him how people would criticize her hair. He doesn't really see any reason for anyone to do that. He actually like the girl's hair color. It's pretty unusual but still it's beautiful. "That's nonsense, I do think that your hair is cool, I mean, it's not every day that you'll see a red flaming hair. It's actually eye catching..." He said with a smirk, he just voiced out his thoughts but he's not entirely sure if he had communicated it properly. His smirk was wiped off his face when he felt Penny playing with his hair. It's just too weird for him, nevertheless though, instead of being irritated by the girl's action, he was actually delighted. No one had done that to him aside from his sister. Well, his mother does that too sometimes its very rare. "Now you're acting like my sister it's creepy" He said as he poked the girls cheeks. "Yes, it's the harshness of reality and the unfairness of life that makes someone strive hard to do best in his life... at least that's pretty much the good side of it.." He said fixing his hair a little.

"Well yeah, a very quiet and plain family is pretty boring.." Ryuuji said, still fixing his hair. He then looked serious when Penny talked about one of her relatives who is pretty much unlikable. "now, now, you seem like you don't like her, I can't blame you about that though.." He said with a warm smile as he patted Penny in the back, as if comforting her. "So you have someone you considered to be your granpa? That's something that I don't have then.."

Ryuuji was really happy that Penny seems to be enjoying their conversation. At least he had finally make a friend, someone whom he thinks will be a very dear and good friend to him. "It's nice to have you around too, I mean, you're pretty interesting, there's not a dead air around you..." He said truthfully, not really knowing whether the girl would believe him or not.

Ryuuji was quite shocked that he had indeed voice out what he was thinking out loud. It was great that Penny was not offended by that at all. "Well, if you say that you like it, then I'll continue doing this ne? and don't worry, I won't compare you to a dog, you're more like a cat to me..." He said in a teasing tone but he had eventually backtracked a bit. "I'm just kidding.."

"Hey, that tickles, and I'm not nervous!" Ryuuji said with a laugh as he tried to stop Penny from poking him in the stomach. He was really turning a bit red now, he doesn't know if it's because of laughing or if it's because of what the girl had said. "Yes.. just your illusions.." He then said with a chuckle as he sighed in relief.

Ryuuji saw Penny's determined expression and couldn't hold back his amusement. "I'll count on you then?"

Ryuuji relaxed a bit when Penny leaned on him a bit. He does understand what she was saying. He too hated it when there's something that is just entirely wrong from his perspective, namely, being held back and being stocked in something that one doesn't want to be in. "Maybe he's not feeling that trapped at all, I mean, you're there for him right? You care for him and you love him deeply, so I think that there's still a light for him even though he's basically a house elf. " He said with a gentle smile as he had tried to communicate what he was thinking to Penny. From what he thinks, Penny's house elf is really lucky to have her as his owner. "

Ryuuji was slightly shaken by Penny's question to him. It was just so unexpected, but nevertheless, he had relaxed when he had realized that he doesn't really have to hide anything from the girl. "Well, it's not that they were pressuring me, it's more of.. well, my father, he has great ambitions for me, you see, I'm his only son, and well, he have a family business so he was expecting me to take over when he retires... but I don't think about it too much though, don't worry about it, .. it would be years before that happens, so just for this moment, while I still can, I try to life my life to the fullest..." He said softly, a genuine but sad smile appearing on his face. He had always known that someday he'll have to take over the family business, even so, he had always tried to appear cheerful and fine with it. He had already accepted that fact after all. "Well.. are you excited to go to school?" He then said enthusiastically, trying to uplift the mood between them.

Penny laughed, her brother had said the same thing not too long ago. "Well, you see sometimes girls have really bad insecurities, or they want to change something. So they use makeup to hide it..." She tapped her chin as she pondered an example that he could relate to. "It's like... In baseball you may not be a good catcher but you make up for it by trying to show everyone that you're the best batter... So you draw attention from the bad, basically." Though she never was a fan of makeup, it always felt like she was wearing a really heavy mask. The normal for her was just some chapstick, maybe an actual gloss if she wanted to impress someone. "Well, it takes a while to look beautiful." Penny struck a pose and laughed even more.

As before, her face soon became the color of her hair. No one had ever complimented her like that, let alone her hair. "W-Well, thanks..." She rubbed her face and then smiled at him, "I like your hair, it's so soft." Admittedly Penny really wanted the same type of hair that Ryuu had, it just seemed to go well with whatever style that got cut. Though to say that would be even more creepy, in her opinion. "Oh?" She smiled and giggled more as he poked her, that statement was amusing. She had never really been told that before. "That's true, though it sure makes life hard. But if you have a goal you should strive to accomplish it no matter what, right?" The concept of drive to accomplish things was definitely a staple in Penny's belief system, after all what was life if you didn't try your best?

She smiled slightly when comforted, though the memory of her still made her a little upset. After all she was just so.... aggravating. "Thanks for understanding. It's just that she always seems to blame anything bad on magic, and that's absolutely childish don't you think? It just annoys me." But a syrupy look graced her face once taking about her 'grandfather' "He always takes me on trips with him, it's so much fun... Last summer we went to London."

The girl chuckled and felt the need to hug him again, and she did just that. Though she was hoping for less of a shocked reaction this time. "Why thank you, dead air is officially my enemy then." Penny laughed weakly, not sure if it was a compliment or just a general statement.

"Oh shush. You're the cat not me." Penny laughed and flicked his forehead lightly. "Dogs are much better than cats anyway, except that cats nuzzle you sometimes. None the less dogs are much better than cats!" The girl had always firmly believed that, no matter what anyone said. Finally, she stuck out her tongue. "Yeah yeah I know you're kidding."

"Sure you aren't!" She replied in a teasing tone. "But you look like a tomato, it's a pretty strong illusion!" The boys face really did look like a tomato to Penny, or a rose, anything red.

Penny smirked even wider, "But of course, but who will be our first target..?"

"Well of course I'm there for him... Just, it's harder sometimes because he won't relax at all." Penny laughed, trying to find humor in the situation. "One day, I was looking around for my lucky sweatshirt. Yes I have a lucky sweatshirt, it's really comfortable and I always win my games when I wear it. Anyway, I was looking around for it and I ran up to Tinker, that's his name, and asked him if he knew where it was! He ended up searching high and low for it for two days without taking a break... I love him so much, I really do." The red haired girl grinned. "And I ended up winning that match."

The girl became intrigued at the prospect of a family business, she didn't have one herself. "Family business? What is it?" Ryuu seemed fine with it, though she could tell he wasn't one hundred percent into the idea. "That seems nice, at least you'll have a set job... I want to work for the ministry when I grow up... Or maybe play professional qudditch. Either is cool."

"But still, I think it would be better to be simple, natural is always good.. sure they do wear makeups to make them look good, but still, that's just temporary, once the makeups were washed of, it would just leave the girl frustrated, hoping to use it once more to appear beautiful... I still prefer when one is satisfied with their looks.." Ryuuji said casually. He then noticed that even though Penny was explaining to him the concept of makeups, she herself was wearing none. "But Penny, as I can see, you're not wearing makeup at all, and you look perfectly fine... see what I mean?" He added randomly a smile appearing on her face. "A girl would look good even without makeup if she really is beautiful..." He then added as he put one hand in his pocket.

Ryuuji laughed when he noticed that Penny was turning red once again. It was really amusing, her face matches the color of her hair. "No need to thank me, I'm stating the truth.." He said with a playful smirk. He was really sincere when he told the girl that he thought that her hair was cool. Everyone in his family have black colored hair after all.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment ne? It's really weird though, when you say that my hair is soft, I feel happy, but when it comes from my sister, it feels like she's mocking me, she sometimes says that my hair's like a girl's hair.." He said touching his hair and examining it a little. "Right, if you really want to achieve something, then you must work for it, it wouldn't just appear in front of you if you would just sit around and wait.." Ryuuji had always believed in giving the best in everything that he does. Life would be worthless if one would just wait and not do anything at all.

"Well, my grandmother was just like that at first too, she just can't believe it.. but eventually, she learned to accept that magical folks do exist too.." Ryuuji said in deep though. When he had first learned that he is a wizard, he was actually afraid that his family won't accept him at all, it was really great that they had learned to accept it. "Traveling sure is fun...you'll learn lots of things... what's its like in London?"

When Penny hugged him again, he was not that surprised anymore. He was slightly getting used to it already. "You know what, you seemed to like hugging people when you feel happy..." He said with a light hearted laugh. It was a compliment though he wasn't sure if she'll take it as that. "Dead air is a long enemy of mine... it's just awkward when everything's so silent.."

Ryuuji laughed and rub the spot where Penny had flicked him. He actually find it funny when one does that too him, he feels nostalgic, it was the way that he and his friends would greet each other in their country. "Cats are charming, but they can be prone to jealousy...and well, dogs are really kind and all, I actually have one at home, it's an akita inu, it's really small.." Ryuuji said as he mimicked Penny's action. "I thought you don't want to be compared to a dog."

"Yeah, well your imagination's pretty strong, so the illusion is too..." Ryuuji said as he touched his face to make sure that it isn't as red as what Penny had told him. "And besides, a tomato is too red..."

Ryuuji thinked deeply as to who their target would be, he really have no idea yet since he was currently engrossed with their conversation. "Well, do you have any request?"

"I'm sure he loves you too, that's probably why he go great lengths to do things to make you happy..." Ryuuji said with a gentle smile. Tinker, Penny's house elf, sounds like a very kind one. "You know, you're lucky to have him and he's very lucky to have you... " He added as he patted the girl's head once again. "And well, congratulations for winning the match!"

Ryuuji was thinking how to explain their family's business to the girl. Their business was pretty diverse after all,so he just decided to simplify his explanation. "Our business was concerned with medical health care... that's pretty much what it is.." He said casually. His father was a great businessman, he loves enlarging his business that's why he often travels. "Well, yeah... but it would be pretty hard to maintain it... anyways, I heard about quidditch and I think it's pretty cool...you're a pretty determined person, so I'm sure you'll realize your dreams"

"I suppose, you're very insightful for a boy, you know..." Penny tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, then folded her arms firmly in front of her chest. "Makeup isn't very comfortable either, if you wear lip gloss it feels like you've just passionately kissed a monster made out of goo. And sometimes you end up licking your lips and it can taste really gross." The girl wasn't too fond of the feeling, but it made her lips look a little more thick. "And then some girls wear bronzer, and they look orange! And then it can melt off if you sweat. Blech!" Penny made a gagging motion. "But thanks, I hate wearing anything other than lip balm..." She couldn't help but blush at that. "You look good too, though guys shouldn't wear makeup... Unless it's a tradition."

She laughed a bit, then covered her face. "Are you going to laugh every time I turn red? I turn all red when it's cold out too!" The girl thought of that and laughed even harder, when winter came round her nose would get so red people would call her Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. "Jeez!"

"It's a compliment of course..." Penny smiled and laughed, eyes gleaming as always. "Well I think it's different, since I'm not related to you. And it's not like a girl's hair! Well maybe a little but it's pretty clear that you're a boy. Soft hair is nothing to be ashamed of Ryuu." She smiled and smoothed down some of his fly away strands. "Having nice hair is pretty good for attracting girls." That comment, though it came from her, made her giggle. "Exactly, good things come to hard working people." Penny totally agreed with him.

Penny scoffed. "See your grandmother was a muggle not used to magic, so that's perfectly fine. The person I'm talking about married a wizard, a pure-blood at that. She almost didn't let her son go to school because she found it too absurd. It's so stupid of her." The whole situation was very complicated, and she didn't know everything about it, but she knew enough to have an opinion. "London is very... rainy. But it's better than when I went to New York and ended up lost in the city."

"I do like hugging people when I'm happy, I'm a very affectionate person. You'll learn to get used to it." The girl grinned and scratched her cheek a little. "It's kinda fun to hug people. And you know what I never got? How some couples just sit there in dead silence awkwardly. I could never do that! I mean it seems so uncomfortable."

"I'd rather be compared to a dog than to a cat!" She smiled and giggled, making floppy dog ears with her hands and tilting her head to the side. "And I'm not a jealous person, air-go, I'm a dog then!" For some reason she didn't mind when he teased her like that, it didn't make much sense at all.

Penny shrugged and laughed, "Whatever you say Ryuu, whatever you say."

"Nope, do you have anyone in mind?" She smiled devilishly.

The girl yawned a little, but nodded and smiled softly. "Well I'd hope he loves me by now , he used to teach me how to do things sometimes... Never magic though, just how to fold things well or cook something. I've had him since I was in diapers for god's sake." She paused. "And thank you!"

The concept was probably hard to understand, most businesses were anyway. "Medical health care huh? Interesting." Her lips curled at the sides, creating her signature smile. "And I'll be around if you need help, even if that is like... years and years from now, hm?" Though if she was doing quidditch she'd be awfully busy, none the less she knew saying that would be a nice thing to do. "I sure hope so, I'm going to try to get a little taste of everything. That way I know what I want!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back