OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Elizabeth had just gotten out of the shower, still wrapped in a towel, when she heard her phone ringing. She hurried to her room, grabbing her cell phone and quickly answering the call. "Hello?" She asked, trapping the phone between her shoulder and her ear as she moved to her dresser.

Doran never really used the Muggle phone his parents had gotten him because he never had to use it before. He did now. And it took him at least half an hour to figure out how to turn the device on and dial the only phone number ever given to him. Couldn't she have just given him her home address instead? He understood owls a lot better than phones. He eventually got it to call her though. The phone made a funny sound as he pressed the button to call her. Was that good? Did he need to do more? All kinds of icons appeared on the screen, was he supposed to click on any of them? Apparently, he had done something right because he could hear a voice talking back to him only a couple of seconds later. ‘’Hello?'' he asked, almost shouting. ''Is this Elizabeth? I’m Doran, the, eh, bloke that ran into you the other day? I wanted to take you up on that offer to go grab something to eat.’’ She could hear him? Pfff, why was Muggle technology so confusing? Owls, owls were way better to communicate with.

Elizabeth smiled at the voice that greeted her. “Oh! You’re that man that knocked me over. Hello, Doran!” She greeted cheerfully, opening her drawer and taking out some clothes. She started to get dressed. “Sure, I’d like that. When would you like to meet up?” She asked him, pulling on a cute pleated skirt.

Doran wasn’t sure if his voice came through the little Muggle contraption until he heard the girl’s voice answer him. ‘’Yeah, that would be me,’’ he said with a laugh. He could hear a lot of background movement at the other end of the line and wondered if that was normal or not. Honestly, how did Muggles even communicate through this little device? ‘’I was hoping that you would know any good places to grab something? I’m still new to this area, you know.’’

Beth smiled, sitting on her bed. “Oh, I know a few places. When do you want to go? And what do you like?” She asked, laying back on her bed and studying the ceiling. Did this count as a date? It sort of felt like a date. Maybe it was just a friends date. That made more sense. More of a get to know you thing than anything.

Doran smiled, trying to move through his bedroom while maintaining concentration on two moving boxes to keep them up in the air. His new room was a mess still and it was honestly a miracle that he could move through it without tripping over something. ‘’I like Chinese and Indian. Really, I’m not that of a picky eater. My guess is that you know the neighbourhood better, why don’t you choose?’’ He almost tripped over a misplaced box which caused him to drop his phone on the ground. Cursing a little, Doran quickly picked it up again. ‘’Hello? Hey, are you still there?’’ he asked.

Beth put the phone on speaker, setting it down so she could get dressed completely. She giggled as he dropped the phone. "Hey. You seem to have a thing with the ground," she teased him when he came back on. "I know a good Chinese place nearby. When are you wanting to go? I'm a bit hungry right now if you're open," She offered, sitting back down.

For a second Doran thought that he had broken the phone but then he could Elizabeth’s voice coming out of the device again. Letting out a sigh of relief, he made the boxes float to the other side of the room and placed them in a corner. ‘’Oh, yeah, me and the ground are becoming fast friends,’’ he joked, feeling a little stupid that all he seemed to be doing around this girl was falling or dropping things or himself on the ground. ‘’Yeah, I could do right now. How about we meet up at the spot where we bumped into each other,’’ Doran said, reframing what actually had happened. ‘’Give me… eh… thirty minutes?’’ He was wearing a simple t-shirt and boxer shorts when he decided to call her so needed time to change clothes first.

Beth laughed lightly. “You aren’t old friends?” She teased him. “Sure, half an hour works, I just got out of the shower myself, it’ll give me time to do my hair,” She smiled. “I’ll see you soon then, bye,” She countered, giving him time to respond before hanging up and moving to the bathroom again to get ready.

"It's nice to know that I've got someone I can rely on. Someone who'll catch me if I fall," Doran joked, thinking it was better just to make jokes about it. When they met at the park he already figured that Elizabeth wouldn't let him forget about it. And after dropping his phone, he knew that she would never let him forget it. He fell down onto his bed, smiling when she agreed to meet him in thirty minutes. "Okay, I'll see you soon, too." He could hit himself for ending the phone call like that, it just sounded so cheesy and dumb.

Beth rolled her eyes. “You can count on me,” she teased, not failing to see the irony in it. Once they were off of the phone, she did her hair and makeup before heading out to meet him. She was glad to be meeting in something other than her running clothes. She’d been a mess when they met. It was embarrassing enough to be fallen on, but somehow it made it worse when it was a cute guy and you knew you were a mess.

She was a bit more dolled up this time- black buckle boots, low riding jeans, her favorite blue off the shoulder shirt that hugged her torso just right. She had her hair pulled up in a messy bun, her honey bangs framing her face. She preferred a more natural look with her makeup. Confident she looked good, she walked up to where Doran had ran her over. She shifted her side bag on her shoulder, humming softly as she waited for the man to arrive.

Doran was still smiling after they were off of the phone. It was nice to know that he was making a friend this fast because he honestly wasn’t sure that he would for at least the first two months. He did think of his Quidditch mates as friends but those were more like work friends rather than actual meet-them-after-work-for-a-good-time friends. So, excited about the prospect of having made an actual friend-friend, he quickly got dressed and fixed his hair. It didn’t take too long for him to reach the meet-up spot, though at one point he thought that he had taken a wrong turn. His new surroundings still confused him. He only knew that he was at the right spot when he saw Beth at the spot where he must have run into her. ‘’Hey,’’ he said with a wave as he approached the girl. ‘’Glad to see that I haven’t broken anything,’’ he joked.

Beth looked over as Doran appeared, smiling and turning towards him. "Not yet," She teased him. "Careful though, there's still time." She laughed lightly, brushing at her bangs absentmindedly. "You ready for dinner or do you want to walk around a bit first? I've been here long enough I could probably show you around," She offered, smiling. It occurred to her as she said it that it sounded like a date, but she brushed the thought aside. Or at least, she tried to, but she could feel the blush rising to her cheeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back