Closed A People's Person

Evan nodded, and got to work. After a few hours, she'd gotten most of the store taken care of. Inventory had been taken, the store was now sparkling clean, and she'd followed his system as best she could into an organized floor plan, with detailed notes on all she'd done. The store honestly looked amazing. She turned to Stewie, a shy but proud smile on her face, and she hurried over. "Yes, right here. I've just about finished." She offered out her clipboard. "Here's a detailed inventory of everything on the floor right now, and I've cleaned and organized almost the entire store. I think I've stuck to your system fairly well, but I kept detailed notes and I can change anything you'd like,"

Stewie glanced around the front of the shop and was surprised by how tidy and clean it was. It was presentable, where with Stewie everyone who came in assumed they actually were not open yet. ”Oh great,” he took the detailed inventory of everything on the floor that she had put together and noted a few things on there that he had absolutely forgotten about. ”Wow, no, this is great,” he said to her. A little in awe of it. ”So you'll be back tomorrow?” he asked, thinking that it would be really useful if she did come back the next day and every day until she was bored of being there.

Evan smiled, pleased that he seemed to satisfied with her work. "Oh, of course. What time would you like me in?" She asked. "I still have some work in here to do, and I'd like to stay until you finish with whatever potions you're doing." She explained. "If you'd like, I can bring in a chair for behind the counter, and I can read and just watch the shop so that you can make potions without interruption?" She offered to him with a shy smile.

Stewie shrugged and gave her a little smile, "Come in when you want, we usually open officially at about 9am/10am," Stewie said, he would be content with her deciding her own hours, when she came and when she left. At the rate he was paying her, he didn't think he could make that many demands on her time. "I'm happy for you to pick how and when you work," at the statement, he glanced at the counter. He took out his wand and conjured a chair for behind it. "Sorry I didn't think about that, but if it's not busy you're welcome to help with potions," he told her. Since he could at least help her improve her potion making as part of this.

Evan nodded. "I can come down at about 8:30 with some breakfast?" She offered. She'd noticed he tended to skip it. "Let me know what you like, I'll stop at the cafe a few blocks over." She nodded, sure of her plan now. She smiled as he summoned a chair. "Sure, I'd love to help," She told him, running a hand through her hair. "Actually, once I finish up, I can go get us some dinner?" She suggested.

Stewie gave a jerky nod of his head as she replied. "There's a kitchen space in the back, so you don't need to," Stewie told her. He wouldn't stop her bringing it, but he also didn't want her to put more into this than necessary, especially at the rate he was paying her. "I'm more of a coffee for breakfast guy honestly," which was the truth, he didn't eat much in the morning. But mostly it was that he made something, got wrapped into a task, and then didn't eat again until he was done. But coffee, coffee he could just drink. "You really don't need to. I'm probably going to finish this last potion and close up," he didn't want her to feel like she had to do more. Though food did sound good, and he hadn't bought too many supplies with which meant likely a sandwich dinner, but that would be fine.

Evan smiled. "Well, sure, I don't need to but I would like to." She reassured him gently. "Let me bring you a coffee and some pastries then. It's not much, but its just a little something." She started to move about, wrapping up the last bit of her work. She knew this wasn't the best job ever, and she could most likely find something else if she looked that paid better. But there was something about him... she felt like he needed her around. Maybe it was selfish of her, but she liked to feel like she was needed. After leaving her ex husband and after Charlie's departure, she'd felt... lost. Invisible. Maybe some time here helping someone else in need might do her some good.

Stewie watched her for a moment, frowning slightly. He was trying to figure her out. Trying to see what she wanted, see what the goal with this was, but he couldn't immediately spot it in her face. Perhaps he was trying to see something that didn't actually exist. ”Okay…yeah, sure,” he agreed, his tone almost short, but it was just filled with all his usual stress and nerves. ”I'll just go…finish the potion…you can…get whatever, and then we can eat…at the back of the shop?” he said to her, already moving back to the potion that he had to at least get started.

Evan smiled but didn't answer, instead finishing her work before heading out to pick up dinner. She found a nice Italian place, picked up a few dishes, and made it back to the shop. She locked up as she came in and made her way to the back room, sticking her head in. "Stewie? I have dinner." She offered, searching for the man.

Stewie got lost in his work again, finishing off the potion and beginning to tidy it all away, when he heard her come back into the store. ”I'm in the back,” he called to her. He used his magic to shift everything that had been on the table off. He conjured up some cutlery and placed it down. Stewie conjured a jug and filled it with water, placing that on the table too. It was fine, it would do. ”I'm going to wash my hands first, so just set up,” he said. He went to the sink and would thoroughly wash his hands before dinner.

Evan smiled, moving into the back. It wasn't the best place to eat, but she pulled over a few stools to the edge of the potion table, setting up dinner and some drinks. She hummed softly to herself, folding the napkins neatly into cutesy little crowns while she waited for Stewie to come out, dinner hot and steaming. She sat in her chair, humming to herself as she folded the corners in.

Stewie came back into the room, and glanced at the napkins in cutesy little crowns. He glanced back at her and was half tempted to get her to leave. She was too nice, for anything to do with him. But he didn't. He sat down and gave a weak smile. His left leg under the table bounced in nervousness as he looked at the foot. ”Oh, shall I serve this?” he said after a moment of just sitting, not sure of if he should or if she should, not sure what the protocol was for an impromptu dinner with a new colleague.

Evan looked up, smiling up at him. "If you want to, I'm almost done," She reassured him, just wanting to enjoy the little niceness of the little crowns. "Sorry, I know they're silly," She apologized almost sheepishly, giving him a shy smile. "I just- they're pretty," She looked back down, folding her crown carefully.

Stewie shook his head. ”They're not, silly you know,” he assured her, thinking that they weren't silly if she liked doing it. He wasn't sure it was worth the effort to do something like that with napkins, but he wouldn't want her to feel bad for her. He took the napkin, done so nicely in a crown and placed it upon his head, trying to be silly, but the moment he had done it, he shook his head. It was silly, he had been too silly, and he pulled it of. ”Sorry,” he said.

Evan blinked, smiling at him. "Oh, that's not silly," She reassured him with a gentle smile, putting the little crown on her head too. "This is adorable, really cute," She giggled, pulling over her plate. "So, Stewie... what got you into potions?" She asked, wanting to know more about the man. They would be spending a lot of time together, so it made sense for them to get to know each other.

Stewie wasn't sure he agreed with her, it was cute when she did it, but when he did it, he was sure it had looked silly. Stewie's hands started fidgeting with the cutlery he had as she asked the question. He took a moment to shovel some food into his mouth to give him a bit of time to form a reply. "It was what my parents did, what my eldest brother did. He taught me everything I know," he said. "I was just good at it too," he said with a shrug. Shovelling more food into his mouth before he could say anything else.

Evan ate some of her food, before reaching for her drink. "Oh, so its a family business. That's lovely," She praised him, resisting the urge to cover his hand with her own. "This business is new then, you're the first?" She asked, hoping she wasn't pushing too far. "I don't have any family, it's just me." She offered, wanting to share as much as she was asking him to.

Stewie shook his head lightly. ”Not really a business, just a family skill,” the man replied. His parents had had a shop, that his remaining brothers ran, but it wasn't a place that he felt welcome. The man had gone his own way, moving far away and setting himself up. ”If it helps, my parents and brother are dead,” he said rather bluntly, ”I have two other brothers, but we don't see eye to eye,” he added. ”I am in New Zealand alone,” he didn't have anyone here. Barely knew anyone apart from a few of the local plant producers. He was starting out alone and without a place to even live that wasn't just the back of his store.

Evie smiled softly. "Well, I'm glad that you have that skill, then, it seems to be serving you well." She smiled gently at him. Her eyes widened at his words, and without much of a thought she reached out, laying her hand over his. "Oh, Stewie." She bit her lip, and looked down. He had shared with her, after all. "Listen, I... I was married, before... but it ended very badly," She told him gently how awful her marriage had been, and how she'd had to run away to protect herself. "My family took his side." She admitted gently. "They aren't dead... but I'm dead to them." She shook her head, biting her lip.

Stewie smiled lightly. He had the skill, but he had also worked at it, worked to make sure he was good at it. Made sure he knew all the techniques. He was disordered in many ways, but he knew this. The man waved her off. ”It's okay,” he answered quickly, not really wanting to go into much detail about it, he had only today met this woman. He certainly didn't expect her to give a story of her own. ”I'm sorry,” was all he could say in response, wanting to maybe say more but not wanting to be too forward with her. "here's to being alone," he said, with a shrug, not raising his glass to it, but just stating it.

Evan smiled shyly. Had she overshared? That wasn't a good thing. "Cheers," she offered easily, clinking her glass to his, before sipping on it. "Sorry,' She apologized after a moment. "You're just... easy to talk to." She offered, brushing her hair back behind her ear.

Stewie took a sip of his drink and then as he began eating shook his head. "You don't need to apologise for talking," he assured her. He had never been called easy when it came to anything, he was at time disordered and stubborn, but never easy. "You're easy to talk to, too," he added with a shrug as he continued to eat.

Evan continued to eat, smiling shyly at him. "Would you prefer me to come in tomorrow morning or afternoon?" She asked him. "I can bring in something, perhaps even just a coffee if you don't want another meal?" She offered, wanting to make the most of being his- well, honestly, she considered her new role something akin to being his assistant.

Stewie gave a little shrug to what she said, "I'm fine with you coming in whenever you want," he replied. He knew that while business hours would be best, he wasn't exactly paying her enough to be demanding anything of the sort, and they managed just fine anyway. It wasn't like his shop was busy. "You don't have to bring anything." he assured her, not wanting her to feel like she had to do more than she needed to. Really he wasn't paying her enough for that. For any of that.

Evan giggled softly. "Sure, I don't have to, but I would like to." She offered to him gently. "Why don't you just tell me what you like?" She asked. "I would hate to pick up something you didn't like." She tried to insist gently, unsure if her tactics would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back