A not so lonely lunch

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka had explained that while she didn't quite get alonge with Link, she and Mike where fairly good friends but they had a bit of a negetive history and didn't talk to each other much. Zazuka went on to talk about runes and what she had learned from that class. Other things came out of her mouth and knew that she was showing just how strange she was but she was confident that Zoe-Zim would not shun her because of her dreamy strangeness.

They got into the cafetiria where she knew that she would be sitting in the corner of a table. She somewhat missed the House tables becaused even if she was alone she wasn't really at a table alone. Here at Beauxbatons they had smaller tables and it made the lonelyness that she felt at the start of the year seem more pernouced. Heidi has joined her here once they had started talking but more often than not she was alone. "Sorry it's so out of the way but it's either here or listen to people call me a freak what they think is behind my back." She said with a sigh. Again she didn't know how her Seer ablities got you but it turned out to be her social downfall in this strange school.

Zoii looked around the hall, feeling the awkwardness of the room set up. She had been a victim to it as well, but thanks to her great ability of getting lost in a book, she could easily just sit at a table and join in the mutual ignoring between her and the other students. It was tough to go to each meal knowing that would happen, but she was a girl with an appetite. She hoped Zazuka wouldn't judge her for actually eating food like the other girls around here. They were basically those kind of girls that were afraid to eat in front of people, almost like models. Zoii on the other hand, while not chubby at all and quite in shape, didn't like to look like she had twigs for limbs.

"Wow, I can't believe that they would talk like that about you," Zoii wrinkled her nose. "Actually, never mind, I can totally believe that." She sat down at the table. "Oh snap! Turkey sandwiches. Oh thank Merlin, I haven't had anything close to resembling comfort food since I've been here." She quickly took a bite of one, enjoying the taste that made her think of home.

Zazuka had lost herself in her studies. For a dreamy girl she tended to lose herself in her text books more than she cared to admit. She was happy that Zoii was here to talk to though. The gloom in her heart was crushing sometimes. "Well usually the word is used for girls that they do not deem acceptable but in this case I am afraid that they may be right." She said with a soft sigh. Zazuka looked around at the beauties of Beauxbatons. Zazuka knew that they where shallow to an extent but she couldn't help but envy them.

Their lives where so simple. Zazuka even had to try hard to be as graceful as she appeared to be. By nature her body was slender and long but by that same nature Zazuka was actually quite clumsy. When Zazuka was younger and didn't know the spells she knew now Zazuka had been the kind of girl that could trip on air making it so that her glasses would brake almost every other day. That also could have been due to the fact that her glasses back then where the size of half her face and had the magnification that made her eyes looked like those of owls.

With the help of a few spells and charms she appeared to be as graceful as a bird in full flight. She looked at the food and took a plate of sweet meat herself. "This will hold me over until I can get a few sweets in my system." She said with a wide smile. Zoii had to know at some point what a sugar addict she was. The only thing sweeter than candy Zazuka had ever tasted had been very unhealthy for her but she would have to take again. It was either that or be doomed to fail forever.

Zoii smiled as she continued to eat a few min-sandwiches. "Are all the girls here like that?" She asked, not really knowing since she didn't really even try. Sometimes it was easier to not try and not make friends than to have to say good-bye to them at some point, sooner rather than later.

She added quickly, almost forgetting Zazuka's earlier comment, "And I would have totally guessed you as a sweets person. I'm a salty foods person myself. Give me some sushi with tons of soy sauce and I am a happy girl." She smiled glad she had a friend she could talk with about silly things too.

Zazuka shook her head then took off her glasses to look around her. "No but a lot who are not follow the ones who are because they see themselves as safe. It is better to be the devil's right hand then to be in his path sort to speck." She said then put her glasses back on. "There are spots of good here and there and it seems like we are pooling together slowly." She said as if it had already happened. Zazuka really had no clue what she was saying but she felt like it would be true not too long from now.

She looked at Zoii and smiled brightly again. "Ohh sushi is good. My best friend from Hogwarts is into savory foods like stake and other things. I would totally go veggiteren if they made vegetables taist like candy." She said giggling. "I love to bake too but more people have to have a cup of water to eat some of the frostings I make because I tend to go over board with them." She said thinking of the cupcakes she had make not too long ago.

Zoii wrinkled her nose, "Yea, I guess I can see how that would take a while for everyone to band together. I never got the whole 'follow the crowd' thing. I mean, I guess when you are constantly the new girl, you really don't get those opportunities." She shrugged her shoulders. "There is always a popular crowd, but I think here is the worst I've seen, though I haven't been here very long. Maybe I'm just getting a bad impression because I don't even speak the native language. That's probably the case."

She listened to Zazuka's description of her sweets. "Ooo yea, I am not a sweet person. My idea of a good dessert is something tart, maybe like Key Lime Pie. They have that here right?" Zoii still hadn't gotten used to what foods were just American and which ones were international.

Heidi stomped her feet as she walked at Zazuka's table and a girl she barely knew, she was covered of food that was served today."I so hate Beauxbatons." She angrily said while taking out some vegetables on her hair and behind her left ear. This was the worst thing that happened to her in Beauxbatons since she got here, the people at this school is so cruel like Satan. Heidi knew she's a muggle born but this is not the way muggle born's should be treated here in the wizarding world, after cleaning herself manually Heidi looked up at Zazuka and smiled, "I suppose they still doesn't do this to you yet?" She asked and sigh, She only wish to go somewhere else and that would be Hogwarts. Heidi took a piece of chicken strip on a plate and stuffed it onto her mouth and started to chew it dramatically, Heidi's more of a dramatic than a weirdo herself. She then looked at the other girl who she barely doesn't know, "Umm ... did we met already?" Heidi asked curiously, the face was new, so, she might be one of the students who are visiting but the girl was wearing a Beauxbatons uniform.

"Beauxbatons is not so bad," piped up the strange fourth year part-Veela, Emmanuelle, as she wandered past a group of girls and took it upon herself to sit down. At least not having a friendship group gave you freedom to roam. Emmanuelle was never tied down to any groups of people. She was never troubled by any - although some scorned her for her strangeness. After all, she wasn't exactly normal looking. Very pretty, but strange at the same time. Today, for instance, she wore a giant silver flower in her dark hair, and had painted her nails silver to match. At least she could get away with it because of her charms. "Sure, it is not great, but it is bearable." She looked at the other three girls with a sweet smile. "'Allo. My name is Emmanuelle. It is nice to meet you."

Zazuka put her hand on her cheek and sighed while she took out her wand and pointed it at Heidi. "She's right you know it's not so bad if you know the right spells." She said as she cast a quick clean up spell on Heidi's clothes and hair. She then made a small sweeping movement with her wand and all the debrees that trailed behind heidi where gone. "They tried I think. But I turned the food into bubbles and the tray into a pushie and walked off with it." Zazuka said with a wide smile. She may have been upset lately but that by no means meant that Zazuka had lost her fleare for magic. If anything it had gotten a bit stronger.

Zazuka looked at the other girl and smiled brightly. "Welcome if you would like to sit. I'm Zazuka from Hogwarts New Zealand." She said in her normal dreamy voice. Even if one of her friends was being picked on Zazuka was happy to have a little group of friends to sit with even if it was just for one day. She noticed the girl's nailed and grined. Zazuka put up her own hand which was decorated in blue with bronze french tips. "I love your nails." She said giggling brightly.

Zoii observed each girl, then commented, "Oh yes, your nails are cute. My name is Zoii by the way, I'm a transfer." She turned to Heidi, "I'm sorry you got picked on, that's happened to be before too. I know you can put a spell on your hair that makes everything slide right out. My older brother used to put it on my hair for me when we still went to school together, but I never learned it. I can write to him and ask him what it was," She offered. Zoii felt nice contributing something to the group, like she belonged.

As Heidi stuffed more food on her mouth a fellow school mate spoke, she narrowed her eyes while her mouth is stuffed with food. She doesn't like this girl, she's one of those half-veela girls, Heidi murmured something that are audible in the ear. While Zazuka helped her to clean her uniform and hair, "Thanks, your a savior you know that. I don't much pay attention at classes that's why i don't know some spells." Yeah, that's her. The girl who hates this school and even doesn't listen on classes, lucky tho she's not failing. Heidi spun her head toward the transfer named Zoii, she can't believe a girl like her is being picked on. "Well, your lucky you know a spell. I'm Heidi by the way, as you see that I don't have an accent so I'm not from here, I mean here in France. Just like you I'm a transfer too a year ago." She told Zoii and continued eating, Heidi is sophisticated but she's not applying it now for she's annoying that Half-breeds.

"Merci," she replied sweetly, taking a seat - even though she could tell the third girl didn't like her much at all. Emmanuelle didn't quite understand why, she hadn't done anything wrong, after all. Emmanuelle wouldn't even hurt a fly. Perhaps it was her gentle nature that left her so isolated at school - she didn't have the heart to go about acting *****y to get ahead. She was too nice. Even if she was part-Veela, she wasn't like her mother, who would have a new boyfriend every week (and she was 40). Emmanuelle didn't really think anything of her blood. It was just a fact, like the fact that Merlin was real.

"Ah, you are one of the 'Ogwarts girls. It is an 'onour to meet you, Zazuka," she said, very sweetly. "And thank you. I like your nails too!" Blue and bronze, they looked very pretty. "'Allo Zoii, it is lovely to meet you too." Her English was adequate - she'd learnt a few basic phrases in other languages, like 'no, Evangeline does not wish to see you again,' 'I am her daughter,' and 'oh, you must be her date for tonight, I will let her know you are here' etc, and she'd taken it upon herself to learn proper English, for she was sure that would be very useful. Besides, apparently her mother had another daughter, born in England. She'd gone to Beauxbatons too, but Emmanuelle would not have known who the girl was even if she'd spoken to her. "It is nice to meet you too, Heidi," Emmanuelle added, politely, although she had a feeling she would not have much luck with friendliness with this girl. "I 'ave been 'ere since my first year, but I usually keep to myself."

Zazuka put her hand on her cheek and sighed. Emmanuelle seemed like a perfectly nice girl even though she did have that half-veela thing going. Really Zazuka didn't have the time or energy to make assumtions about people. Sure she was called a freak a lot of the time here but she didn't really pay attention to it. She could see why Heidi would have something against the girl seeing as how the other girls where treating her. "The only Hogworts girl here actually. Link is off doing something and Mike has enough to think about without being distacted by the likes of me." She said. Mike was their champion though the scoreboard was not looking favorable twoards Hogwarts right now. It looked like Drumstrang was going to take the cup.

Zazuka laughed when Heidi said something about paying attention in class. "I can bearly understand class here so I have to pay attention. I've been told I'm gifted at magic too. It don't really think so but I am the only one that can do this." She said then took a spoon and placed it in the middle of the table. She pointed her wand at it and suddenly it grew legs and started to tapdance accross the table. Zazuka put her hand to her mouth to laugh. "Funny but not useful at all." She said as she raised her shoulders.

Zoii laughed merrily at the trick Zazuka just did. She liked this group, but it didn't really seem like her friends used to. She didn't feel at home at all. At the mention of a certain boy, she perked up a little. Her mind wandered to the thought of him from time to time and he seemed to have the ability to jerk at her heartstrings a little. Though it was not a full blown crush, she had to admit she sure was interested. Their meetings at night were getting stranger and stranger.

She let her mind wander into a daze as the rest of the group continued chattering.

Heidi chuckled as Emmanuelle started to speak in English, it was hillarious and she can't help but chuckled. French girl's are so pathetic, after that good chuckled Heidi ate some more and didn't bored to look up as Emmanuelle talked to her. It was then that Zazuka made a transfiguration spell on her spoon, it was actually funny but more funny is Emmanuelle's speaking. "I might transfer anyway." She told them and finished her last chicken stripe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back