Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx was beyond nervous. He didn't know if he needed to dress up or dress down, and eventually his uncle kicked him out of the house anyway. It was a little weird to Onyx, knowing that at home it was ten in the morning, only to arrive to a very dark Paris. He felt like a brat, he'd been so caught up in what he was supposed to wear that he'd forgotten to wrap Jamie's present, so it was still just in a little box in his pocket. Onyx felt completely on edge, his heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. He swallowed nervously as he found the club he was looking for, glancing up at the sign a moment. He checked his phone really quick- yeah, according to the clock for Paris he'd pulled up, it was about ten minutes after midnight. He let out a shaky breath, turning off his phone before slipping it into his pocket. Was he really okay to be here? What if Jamie had just been trying to be polite and Onyx was just intruding?

He shook his head, making his way up to the entrance. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to be relieved or not when upon hearing his name, he was let inside, earning a lot of dirty looks from the people who hadn't been able to go in. He ducked his head and hurried inside, the lower lights and the thumping of the music reverberating in his bones. Oh, boy. Breathe, Nyxy, this is fine, it's great, you were invited to be here, it's alright. He tried to reassure himself, though he couldn't seem to spot Jamie anywhere. He kept his hands in his pockets, flicking his lip ring out of habit, yelping a little as he was knocked into by some drunk guys. Feeling a bit out of place, Onyx backed up a bit, looking around to see if he could spot anyone really that looked like a French quidditch player. If he could find one of them, he was sure to find Jamie, right?

Jamie knew his birthday would be good fun, his teammates were great, if a little typical. He had known that pre-drinks post practice would involve more wine than food and would involve a lot of team spirit celebrations. He didn’t generally mind that kind of thing. The man was glad when they’d moved to where the party actually was and he could just enjoy himself at it. He could just begin to drink properly as he waited for the one person he actually wanted there to come along. Onyx had said he was coming and Jamie kne he’d be within his right to decide against it at the last minute but Jamie super hoped he didn’t. He was the one person that he actually wanted at this and one of the few people that he really currently cared about seeing on his birthday. He glanced at the time and headed out towards the entrance, knowing that Onyx would be there soon. It was as he was wondering towards it, that he spotted exactly who he wanted. ”Onyx!” he exclaimed loudly though he was somewhat drowned out by the music that surrounded them.
Jamie was quick to make his way over to him, and greeted him warmly, in the traditional manner of kisses on the cheek, one on each, before he stopped himself and pulled away giving a little sheepish expression, ”Sorry, I should’ve asked before I did that,” he said with sincerity leaning in close to Onyx to allow him to hear what had been said. ”Can I get you drink Onyx?” he asked, it was his one invitee and the one person he had specifically wanted at this thing, so of course he was likely to stick around him. He was greeted quickly by some of the team who were heading out to the smoking area. But he did so briefly, mostly keeping his gaze on Onyx and extending a hand out to him to lead him through the crowd to the bar, he didn’t have a drink, Onyx didn’t have a drink, so they should get some, or just something, it was a party after all. ”Come on, I’ll introduce you to some of the team too while we’re at it,”

Onyx thought he heard something, and turned just in time to spot Jamie. He couldn't help but smile shyly, taking a hand from his pocket to give a little wave. Before he could speak, Jamie had taken hold of him and kissed both of his cheeks. Onyx blushed furiously, surprised, and unthinkingly brought his fingers up to touch his cheek. "I, um, I could be persuaded to forgive you," he tried to joke, giving Jamie a shy smile.

Onyx took Jamie's hand quickly, glad for the excuse to hold his hand. Feeling a little brave, Onyx laced his fingers through Jamie's and stepped a little closer than he absolutely needed to be. "I could definitely use a drink," he agreed, nervous to be meeting a bunch of new people. He would just need to be careful with how many drinks he had or he'd end up in Jamie's lap looking to snog. It sounded like a great idea, which was exactly why Onyx knew he shouldn't.

Jamie was glad he wouldn’t have minded and gave a little smile. Ut he knew he should remember to ask first, Onyx wasn’t french he wouldn’t be used to the way Jamie and others here could be around people. He was glad when he felt Onyx take his hand, and let his fingers lace his. He led them over to the bar, nodded as he heard Onyx’s words. He flagged down the bar tender with ease and order a beer for himself. ”I have a bar tab, so, what do you want?” he said to Onyx, before relaying the order to the bare tender and waiting a few moments for the drinks. He thanked him, but let them remain closer to the bar. He smiled at Onyx, ”Cheers, here’s to my birthday,” he raised his drink to him and smiled. ”How’ve you been? I’m really looking forward to this party with your family, should I wear a suit for it? I’m think a suit would be good,”

-godmod approved-

Onyx followed Jamie over to the bar, deciding not to argue about the tab and deciding he'd try to pay the entire thing when Jamie wasn't looking later. He let Jamie order a rum and coke for him- it wouldn't be as strong and he could drink it a little slower to help pace himself through the night. Onyx copied the cheer, trying to decide if it was a good time for the present, but Jamie spoke first. He shrugged, skirting the question of how he was in favor of answering the question. "While I bet you would look absolutely gorgeous in a suit, you don't need to get so dressed up. Knowing my family, one cousin will wear something she can dance in, my sister and another cousin will just wear whatever they're comfortable in, and then two of them will wear fancy dresses because the older sister is a fashion designer and loves to model her work. It's probably going to be fairly casual, but everyone will at least attempt to look nice." He shrugged, knowing he himself would be putting extra thought into what he wore simply for the fact that Jamie would maybe be there.

He sipped his drink before setting it aside and turning to lean against the bar, reaching into his pocket. A quick glance confirmed that Jamie was wearing the charm bracelet Onyx had got him before. Onyx swallowed nervously, and trying to play it cool, he reached over and picked up Jamie's wrist. He pulled the box out and flipped it open, pulling out a charm at a time from the box and adding it to Jamie's bracelet. Along with the dragonfly, the bracelet soon sported angel wings, a dog, a ladybug, a rocking chair, a sunflower, and a wishbone.

He put Jamie's wrist back gingerly, picking up his drink and sipping on it again. "I, um, seven is a lucky number for Geminis, and you're a Gemini, so um, seven charms seemed better than one. I mean, five is a lucky number too but I- there were a lot of them and a bunch of meanings and I couldn't settle on five so um, I went with seven instead. I-it isn't, heh, really the best present ever b-but I thought, um... yeah, happy birthday," He rambled nervously, before biting his lip to shut himself up and take a sip of his drink.

Jamie laughed lightly, ”Oh baby, I think I’ll wear a suit,” he gave a little smirk, ”I’ve got make a good impression on them. I’ll wear a suit, I’ll be comfortable and I’ll look amazing and dashing,” He teased lightly. But of course he couldn’t help but think it would e a better if he wore a suit. He was meeting his family, he had to make a good first impression. He wanted Onyx’s family to like him. He needed Onyx’s family to like him. He just thought it would make things better. He didn’t imagine it would be impossible, but he also didn’t want to get it wrong. From what he had learnt about Onyx so far, his family did seem to mean quite a lot to him. He took a sip of his drink as the music thrummed around them. He looked at Onyx as he pulled up his wrist and just smiled as he added a little charms.

Jamie smiled at them and then looked up at Onyx with a small smile. ”Can I give you a quick kiss on the cheek?” he asked, ”This is just beautiful, it’s such a thoughtful gift, and though I said, very specifically no gifs I’ll let this one slide,” He was hopeful that he might just give him a little kiss. Nothing too big, just a little kiss of thanks if he wanted it. He didn’t want to back him into it, and hoped the question didn’t feel like it had anything in it where he felt he had to.

Onyxs heart was stuttering in his chest, and he knew exactly why. "Im sure you'll make a wonderful impression," he cradled his drink in his hands. Of course, Jamie would make a great first impression on his family. Probably too good, honestly, and the entire family would know Jamie was out of his league. Onyx sipped his drink, trying to ignore the helpless crush he was quickly developing.

Onyx did almost splutter on his drink though, when Jamie asked if he could kiss him, but Onyx thought he hid it well. "Mon chiot, there are two things you should know about me," he held up a finger. "First, I am a horrible cuddler and will never say no to affection of any kind. You don't have to ask, the answer will always be yes." Onyx held up a second finger. "And secondly, I will always buy you odd little presents. The bracelet, the charms. If I see something that I like that makes me think of you. I'm gunna buy it and give it to you. Every time. You'll have to get used to it," he chuckled.

Jamie had to grin as he said he’d make a wonderful impression, he wasn’t sure it would be wonderful but he’d make a good honest attempt at it. He listened as he listed the two things he needed to know. ”While I’m courting you and after I’ll always ask, I never want to presume a yes,” he told him with a very sincere tone, he knew if Onyx really did decide to date him that he might not always ask for every piece of affection, but he would always be mindful of him, mindful of his needs. Mindful of his desires versus Onyx’s desires. He would always ask yes for somethings, because he never wanted to presume. The second part though, that he’d always just enjoy. ”You know, baby, you haven’t even answer my question, can I kiss you on the cheek?” he didn’t want to do it without actually asking, he might in a roundabout said yes, but he didn’t want to presume it. ”Then I think we should do a couple of shots and dance. I didn’t get dragged to this shitty club to not dance with my crush,”

Onyxs eyes widened as Jamie spoke. Courting? What? Onyx couldn't help the way his heart pounded in his chest, and it only got worse the more Jamie spoke. Wait, what? Onyx sat stunned a moment, before after several moments of silence he slapped a hand on the counter. "Forget cheek kisses," he stepped forward without a thought and grabbed hold of Jamie's shirt, both pulling Jamie down as he pushed up on his toes. Just before their lips could touch, a small group of loud guys and girls came stumbling in, startling Onyx. With a soft yelp he pulled back just as quickly, blushing furiously as his mind caught up with him. As it turned out, Jamie had a lot of friends, and Onyx barely managed to keep his cool through introductions, unable to even glance at Jamie. What had Onyx even been thinking? He motioned quickly for two shots when he had a second to himself while the group bid goodbye and began to wander away.

Jamie smiled at him, and then was surprised as he slapped a hand on the counter and spoke. He grabbed his shirt and was already leaning in for a kiss when something broke his concentration and he seemed to catch up after himself and he was stopped. Jamie stopped too, but did very much pout. He gave Onyx the widest eyes he could. ”Aw those silly people breaking the romantic moment between us both,” Jamie told him with a pouty tone. He wasn’t going to force it, of course not, if Onyx wasn’t comfortable he wouldn’t. He took another drink of his beer as he watched Onyx order them two shots. He waited until the bar tender brought them over and he was quick to tell him in rapid french that it was his tab. He held it up and said, ”Sláinte,” he said with a little smirk, having very specifically looked up the irish way to cheers so he could say it with him.

Onyx blushed as Jamie so obviously pouted. He was very tempted to try again and kiss him, but he was nervous that maybe Jamie was just joking. That had to be it, Jamie was fooling around and Onyx was being too serious. He smiled halfheartedly at the bartender that appeared, picking up the shot. He was about to down it when Jamie spoke and Onyx froze, looking to him with wide eyes of his own. "Sláinte," he echoed softly, before downing his shot. He motioned for two more, giving Jamie a shy smile. "à la vôtre," he replied, his french smooth if not a little accented. He downed the second shot, giggling a little as he felt the alcohol going to his head.

Jamie grinned easily at Onyx as he picked up his shot and after a quick cheers they downed the drink. He was a little surprised when he immediately got them a second shot and instead this time they cheers in french. Jamie held the glass lightly in his hands as the bitter liquid made its way down his throat. ”You need to look at me when we cheers, keep eye contact,” he said with a little smirk, ”If you don’t we’ll get seven years of bad….” he leaned in and finished the sentence much more quietly just loudly enough that he was sure onyx would hear it but not everyone else. He leaned back smirking easily. ”Let’s have one more shot and then dance,” He motioned to the bare tender to get them another shot and then when it arrived. He passed on to Onyx and then held up his own, holding Onyx’s gaze and saying, ”To us,” before he knocked the shot back.

Onyx set his shot glass down, looking up as Jamie spoke. Keep eye contact? Why... Onyx blushed deeply as Jamie leaned in, swallowing a little nervously. "Well then, we certainly wouldn't want that," He giggled a little. He took the next shot as Jamie ordered it, making sure to keep eye contact this time as he lifted the glass. "To us," He echoed, giving Jamie a flirty smile. It was easy to believe in this moment that he had a chance. That they had a chance. Onyx decided that, at least for tonight, he was going to turn off his head and enjoy himself. The booze was really starting to kick in, he was feeling it.

He giggled a little bit once his shot was taken, setting it on the counter and moving a little closer to Jamie. "Baby," He pouted, running a hand up Jamie's arm, his cheeks flushed. "I think," Onyx giggled a little, running his fingers lightly over Jamie's neck. "Darling, no more drinks for a few hours." He turned big, pouty blue eyes up to Jamie. "One more shot and I'm going to be in your lap," He bit his lip, running his fingers up into Jamie's hair. "Maybe... three? More, and we'll be in your bed," He giggled again, leaning in and laying his head on Jamie's shoulder a moment before straightening again.

"Come on, gorgeous," He grinned, taking Jamie's hands and leading him out to the dance floor. The beat was infectious, and if there was anything that got Onyx to relax, to really lose himself, it was music. Music was his life. He was more aggressive now, having an amazing buzz that took away his caution and shyness. He kept close to Jamie, greatly enjoying himself as he began to lose himself in the music.

A new song was starting, and the beat was already reverberating in Onyx's bones. He laughed as he recognized the song, humming along as he started to sway with Jamie. He bounced around, with a slightly stilted grace of a rusty dancer. He had trained with his cousin, technically, though even through all his lessons with Amaya she had always said he was all legs. The more he danced with Jamie, the more natural his movements were. Getting into the music was easy enough.

For the next few hours, Onyx danced happily with Jamie. Staying close, running his hands over Jamie's arms any time he saw the chance. Every few songs they'd stop and get some drinks, they made a few rounds so Onyx could meet Jamie's teammates and friends. Onyx stayed close then too, keeping one hand tucked in the crook of Jamie's arm and the other resting on Jamie's.

It was probably nearing four or five in the morning when that first song came on again, and Onyx was having a brilliant time. He knew the lyrics to this song well; his family had always called him the king of love songs. He'd had a blast relearning all of these amazing songs. And despite every song he'd heard since meeting Jamie, he knew that at least for him, this was always going to be Jamie's song. Maybe not the club mix, but still.

The buzz from the alcohol had faded, but Onyx was so comfortable in Jamie's company it hadn't changed his behavior. Without really thinking, he started to sing along while they danced. "Cuz everytime we touch, I feel the static, and everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky. Can't you feel my heart beat slow, I can't let you go, want you in my life," He sang, getting caught up enough as the song went on that he actually turned and sang it to Jamie a bit, running a hand over Jamie's jaw gently and smiling warmly before going back to dancing.

Jamie finished his drink and looked to Onyx, noting that he certainly got bolder the more than he drank. He couldn’t help the fond expression as Onyx called him baby and put his fingers on his neck. He nodded, ”Okay baby, if that’s what you want, I respect that,” he didn’t want to just get Onyx drunk and then end up sleeping with him, no that wasn’t how all that would happen. He was a gentle man, he can woo his date and he would want him to be of course of sound and sober mind when they first did it. It just wouldn’t be right at all. He smiled at him, laughing lightly at his boldness. He let himself be led out to the dance floor, he was a little in awe to begin with in watching Onyx dance, smiling at him. He eventually got passed it and let the buzz of the alcohol and the deep thrum of the music take over him.
Jamie danced easily, remaining close to Onyx and for once finding himself really enjoying this. Most other birthdays he’d have left already, most of the way home and ready to sleep but with Onyx he couldn’t imagine being anywhere else with him. The songs went on and on, never stopping or slowing down, it was a club after all, around them the dance floor bustled, growing in crowd size and diminishing as the songs varied in popularity, but the only person in his word at that moment was Onyx. He note Onyx began to sing and was lightly touching his jaw. He leaned into the touch and drew a little closer to Onyx, keeping his gaze on him as he watched with some fondness, his soon to be love, sing to him. It didn’t matter that over the noise of the club he could barely hear it.

Onyx laughed, pleased when Jamie moved closer, and in a brief moment of boldness, Onyx stepped in closer. This was hardly the place to do what he really wanted, but he wanted to do something small, at least. He placed one hand lightly on Jamie's shoulder, pushing up on tiptoe and pressing a soft kiss right on the corner of Jamie's lips. It didn't count as a kiss on the lips, but it was a bit bolder than a kiss on the cheek, too. One hand had wandered lightly into Jamie's hair, and Onyx stepped closer for a moment as he leaned to whisper in Jamie's ear. "Happy birthday, Mon chiot," He murmured, smiling warmly and biting his lip. He lingered a moment longer than he needed to, wanting to stay closer to his date, but Onyx pulled back.

He resumed dancing, trying to ignore the conflicting feelings that had been whirling in his gut the more the drinks wore off. He hardly noticed as a man seemed to be creeping in a bit on his space, shifting a bit more towards Jamie without thinking of it. It was as the song was ending that Onyx felt the foot behind his that started to send him sprawling back, yelping, when out of nowhere he was caught and leaning sideways in some strange, wanna be beach boys arms. "Oh look at that, you dance like an angel and you fall like one too," the guy slurred, and Onyx winced. Ugh, his breath reeked of vodka.

He tried to get his feet under him, yelping as the guy spun him up and into his arms. Onyx pushed back, his good mood completely obliterated as the foul-smelling drunk didn't seem to get the hint Onyx wasn't interested, following and keeping Onyx stuck in his arms. He shot a quick glance at Jamie, hoping the quidditch player would get the hint and help Onyx away from the touchy drunk.

Jamie was enjoying dancing with Onyx, and was surprised when he watched the other man lean in a very lightly kiss the edge of his lips. Muttering something sweet with it too, and he was sure there was a nickname there too. Oh god, he was perfect. Jamie just kept his face close almost nuzzling against it with his face. It wasn’t easy to stop at that for him, but of course he did, since it would be what Onyx had and he could diminish that move by trying to get more. They went back to dancing though his buzz was wearing and he was beginning to think they should call it a night, he never usually stayed out this last. He was however stopped from being able to do that, when Onyx began to fall to the floor. Jamie immediately went to assist him up but was beaten to it by another guy. Jamie didn’t much like the look of this guy but gave it a moment as perhaps he was genuinely helping him, but when Jamie looked at Onyx and met his gave, it was clear this wasn’t something he wasn’t keen on. Jamie immediately took Onyx’s hand and then gently pulled Onyx to him and pushed the man firmly away. He put himself between the pair, and leaned in, ”Shall we get some air?” he didn’t look round at the man who’d ruined their good mood, but instead just looked at Onyx. ”Ignore him baby, let’s go outside,” he began gently moving Onyx towards the entrance so they could get a little air.

Ugh

Onyx was relieved when Jamie pulled him away, leaning into the man and ignoring the guy that had been hitting on him. He nodded in response and let himself be whisked outside, smiling and relaxing again when they had stepped out into the cool night air. It was drizzling, and Onyx could tell it had been raining heavily, but he didn't mind. The water felt cool on his skin. He nodded as Jamie offered to get them another drink, watching the man go and positioning himself back a bit, near the crowd of smokers but not in it.

He bit his lip, watching Jamie go. Tonight had been... God, it had been amazing. Onyx couldn't remember the last time he had really enjoyed himself this much. And Jamie... Merlin, he was perfect. Onyx made up his mind as he stood there. When Jamie got back, Onyx was going to ask him on a date. Jamie was kind, his friends all seemed to like Onyx. There was no down side. He shifted his jacket and straightened his hair. Did he look okay?

It was as he was fidgeting with his appearance that a few voices drifted over, causing him to freeze and the blood to drain from his face. "...Did you see that loser hanging on Jamie? He kept Jamie to himself all night! I'm tired of Jamie's pity projects walking around like they own him."

"O.m.g. Right? At least last time Jamies pet was cute, did you see that bad haircut? Its like hes trying to flaunt that sickly scar. You think he'd get the hint that Jamie is just trying to make him feel better. What a loser."

Onyx didn't bother sticking around to hear more. He pushed away from the crowd, ears burning as humiliation flooded through him. Those girls had been in one of the groups Jamie had introduced. Onyx felt like such a fool. Who had he been kidding? He couldn't ask Jamie out. He was out of Onyxs reach, he always had been. He was just trying to be nice to the stupid drunk kid, there was no way Jamie held any interest in Onyx romantically. He slipped inside, careful to stay out of Jamie's sight.

After slipping over and in halting French, paying off Jamie's tab, Onyx took off, leaving the club behind. He made it a few blocks before the shaking really got to him. Frustrated and hurt, Onyx leaned against a nearby wall and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. The rain was starting to pick up again, and Onyx couldn't seem to get the stupid lighter to work. His uncle would kill him if he found out Onyx was smoking, but sometimes Onyx just needed to take off the edge.

Cursing, he threw the lighter and leaned his head back against the stone, cigarette hanging from his lips as he shut his eyes and tried not to cry.

Jamie brought Onyx outside and decided that he should get them some water. He would be quick, provided that there weren’t too many people at the bar. He couldn’t believe beside that last incident how well his night was going. He had never been so lucky, well, this was his first relationship since..her...He didn’t date like his teammates did and he tended to be the one leaving first and usually alone. But, things with Onyx were so good, he was so happy with them constantly. He couldn’t believe how well it was going. He never stay up this late, he was always first home, tucked into his bed, even if like this the celebration was technically for him. He stood at the side of the bar as he waited to get noticed for the water, a teammate was pulling his attention away and he thought he noticed a familiar enough figure at the bar, but Onyx wouldn’t come back inside would he. He frowned when he asked to settled the tab that someone else had, only Onyx would...why though.
Jamie had the water in two plastic cups and headed back outside, where he was surprised that there was no Onyx. He glanced around and another teammate of his, approached, explaining that he’d overheard some girls being a little mean and after that the boy had left. Jamie did demand why the teammate didn’t stop him, but justly Onyx had been quicker and that he didn’t want to randomly grab a guy who might not know who he was. Jamie asked which direction he went in and then headed there. He walked down a few streets glancing about, ”Onyx baby?” he called out as he moved, eventually spotting someone, cursing, ”Onyx, that you?” he approached and looked at the younger boy, ”You okay baby?” he took out his wand and produce a small fire to illuminate them and light his cigarette if he wanted it. He didn’t crowd him, not wanting to overwhelm them.

Onyx felt cold. How could tonight have gone so wrong? He was so stupid to have hoped for anything. This was just like it had been with Chrysander, like it had always been. Onyx was a fool to think anyone could really care for him. Not the way he cared for them. Maybe he was just cursed. Ugh, why was he even so upset? He hadn't even really known Jamie for that long. He opened his eyes, flinching a little at the rain. He thought he had heard something, but what?

Before he could really process anything, Jamie was there. Onyx was shocked, to say the least. He hesitated a moment before leaning in, using Jamie's wand to light his cigarette. After a long drag, he slowly exhaled, cherishing the slight burn. "What are you doing?" He asked quietly. "Your party is back that way. I've wasted enough of your time,"

Onyx shook his head, glad the rain was heavy enough that he could pass off that he was starting to cry a little as just the rain. He sighed, snuffing out his cigarette on the wall before stuffing it and his hands into his pockets. "It's okay, Jamie. I'm okay. You don't need to go out of your way for me, I don't need your pity. Go have fun with your friends." He flashed Jamie a wobbly smile, trying to memorize the lines of Jamie's face as Onyx turned and started walking away again. That was it, then. The end of a dream Onyx knew in the back of his mind was too good to be true. He sniffled a little, biting his lip and bringing a hand up to swipe at his eyes. Damn it. Keep it together, Nyx.

Jamie smiled at him as he used the spell’s fire to light the cigarette. He looked at him, with some surprise, he knew the words spoken were pretty harsh, but he thought he’d been pretty clear that his interest hadn’t been with anyone else. He didn't care about the party, he cared for Onyx. He stayed a little shocked for a moment, perhaps he just needed to be even more explicitly by how he felt. ”I don’t pity you Onyx,” he assured. He followed Onyx as he’d begun walking away, ”Why would i go back to a party with such needlessly cruel people, when I can spend it with the man I want to date,” he told him, catching up and then moving to stand in front of him to prevent him from going any more forward. ”I’d rather spend the night with you than with those people. You’re the only person I invited specifically, you’re the only one I spent any time with. I like you Onyx, I want to date you, I want you,” he said, he wasn’t sure he could be more explicit about it. It was perhaps a little quick, ”I don’t date around, I haven’t dated at all since my last break up. But you just came swinging into my life and I just want to show you everything you deserve. Baby, let me show you how you deserve to be treated,”

Onyx hadn't expected Jamie to follow him, hadn't expected Jamie to fight against him. He slowed as Jamie spoke, his brow furrowing again. There it was again, Jamie saying he wanted to date. What? Before he could really respond, Jamie was in front of him, forcing Onyx to come to a standstill. He studied Jamie, confusion on his face. The more Jamie spoke, the more Onyx felt his cheeks burning, his heart pounding in his chest. His breath caught, and for a moment, Onyx stood quiet. He let out a shaky sigh, shutting his eyes and feeling a few tears slip out. He pulled his hands from his pockets and stepped forward, standing close and pressing into Jamie as Onyx wrapped his arms around Jamie's waist.

He let out a shaky breath, relaxing as he felt Jamie hug him back. "I love this," He spoke quietly, just loud enough for Jamie to hear him. "I love how I fit perfectly against you, I love how safe I feel when you hold me," He admitted slowly, sighing again and shutting his eyes. He stayed still for several moments, enjoying himself, before pulling back a bit and moving his hands to rest on Jamie's chest.

Onyx knew he needed to open up a bit, needed to speak honestly, but merlin, his heart was beating so furiously he wasn't sure if Jamie would hear his words over it. "Jamie..." Onyx bit his lip and glanced away a moment before looking up again. "Jamie, I- I want this," He began, flicking his lip ring nervously out of habit. "I want you, I want us, but... I'm just... I'm scared, Jamie," He let out a shaky breath. "I just- it's just," He shook his head, leaning in again and laying his head on Jamie's chest, hoping the other man didn't notice how much he was shaking.

"You know what the worst part of my relationship with Chrys was?" He asked softly, his fingers clutching a little at Jamie's shirt. "I never doubted him. I was blind and loyal, and I devoted everything I had to it, but he- after I caught him with another guy, he-" He sniffled a bit. "He admitted that he wasn't sure he had ever even loved me," He took a second, snaking his arms back around Jamie. "I... when I'm with you, I almost... I almost want to believe again, it's so easy to be with you," He tightened his arms around Jamie. "I'm just so scared, I can't, I don't..." He took a deep breath. "I know I'm not good enough for you. If... you really mean it, I... I need time. I'm a mess, but I swear I am trying."

Onyx brought a hand up and wiped at his eyes. "I'm sorry. I know I'm just... too much trouble." He sighed and stepped away, albeit a bit unwillingly. He lowered his eyes, wrapping his arms around himself. He wasn't really sure what was going to happen next.

Last edited:
Jamie wasn’t sure what the reaction from Onyx would be and hoped that it would end in him giving Jamie a bit of a chance but he didn’t expect for him to give him a hug. But Jamie just let the moment of surprise pass and just wrapped his arms around Onyx, holding him close and into his body. He leaned his head down and listened to the words, smiling softly at them. He just kept himself close to him, and let his arms run what he hoped were soothing circles into Onyx’s back. He continued to listen to it, listening to why he was so nervous and worried about Jamie’s very open affection and words. He could understand why he would feel like that. If such things had happened to him, he’d be as worried. Jamie just held him tight, until he began stepping away.
When he did, Jamie just looked at him with a fondness, he pulled off his jacket and put it around Onyx, he’d be shaking, whether from cold or not, he thought his jacket might provide some comfort. ”Onyx, baby, I don’t this all at once. I don’t need you to be all in immediately. We can take this date by date, day by day.” he reached up and took Onyx’s face in his hands, wiping away the tears gently away. ”You aren’t too much trouble for me, I’m really looking forward to getting to know everything about you, to know everyone of your laughs, and getting to know how you smile in any given situation. Baby, I can wait to get to know everything about you and for you to know me, with no rush on when that needs to be.”

Onyx had been very nervous, his heart thundering madly in his chest. He looked back up, wide eyed as Jamie laid his jacket on Onyxs shoulders. Unthinkingly, he brought his hands up and pulled the jacket tighter around him. His breath caught as Jamie spoke. He gasped softly as Jamie brought his hands up to cup his face.

Onyx felt his heart flutter the more Jamie spoke, and couldn't help but bite his lip as he stared up at Jamie with adoration in his eyes. He slowly shut his eyes, leaning into Jamie's touch. He sighed softly, starting to purr. He brought up one hand, lightly brushing his fingers over Jamie's. He stood there a few moments, purring, completely enjoying himself.

He knew he did have to move eventually, though, and slowly he took a few breaths before looking up to Jamie. "Hey, um..." He sighed, turning his head and pressing a gentle kiss to the inside of his wrist. "I know it's late, but... I don't... I'm not really ready to go home yet..." He glanced up to look at Jamie from under his lashes. "Do we have to go home?"

Jamie didn’t need Onyx to say anything in response, he just put his cards on the able, and wanted him to be sure of he felt before doing anything. As the words he nodded, he glanced at his watch and nodded again. ”No, let me show you Paris,” he told him. He loved Paris, it wasn’t his preferred French city but he could definitely show it off to Onyx. He moved his hands away from Onyx’s face, but he kept close, putting an arm around Onyx’s shoulders as a way of guiding him out of the street they were on, ”The good thing about going clubbing is that you usually get out just as the sun rises, and the sun rises in Paris are beautiful, even if it’s rained. We’ll go towards the Notre Dame, see the last of the cherry blossoms, watch the cafes open up for the day and then watch the sun,” Jamie told him as he guided their walking. It was simple, Paris was a beautiful place and it would be easy to have a chilled morning as the last of the buzz left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back