a nice afternoon

Kyle Smith

Kyle wandered out to the lawn and took a seat, he couldnt believe that he was in second year. Nothing seemed new and he still felt like a first year except the classes were proberly going to get harder but that wasnt a big deal. Kyle hadnt been to the lawn in a while and smiled as he watched the view, he also hadnt spoken to Emma in a long time and was starting to wonder if she was avoiding him. Why would she? He kept repeating in his head everytime he thought that. Kyle smiled and hoped that someone would join him.

Emma had been outside a lot since she had arrived back to school. It was more of a relief to her to enjoy the outdoors after a stressful time inside with her family over break. Gosh was she glad to be back well more than glad thrilled. Though it was odd that she had yet to run into Kyle. At first she wondered if he wasn't coming back or if he was avoiding her. Either thought was just as awful as the other. Though finally as she wondered out onto the lawn she saw him. "Hey Second Year" Emma called as she walked into view. "How have you been?" She asked a smile clearly on her face.

Kyle heard a voice he recognised,Emma, he smiled and stood up as she approched him."Hey Emma."He hugged her glad to see her and said."Ive been great, how about you. I hope your not still in that dorm of yours."He joked and smiled at her once again. Anyone that was walking past would find him weird for smiling so much but he didnt care.

Emma smiled as he hugged her. "It seems like it's been awhile" She said thinking that it seemed like it had been way too long. "I've been good. Glad the summer is over" Emma said rolling her eyes thinking about her family. "But no I'm barely in the dorm anymore" Emma said thinking that it was already a huge change from last year.

"So how was your summer" Emma asked

Kyle smiled and sat on the grass, he patted the space next to him for Emma to sit down."Why what happened in the summer?"He asked then said."Yeah, my summer was alright i suppose."He smiled at Emma as he looked at her.

Emma sat down on the grass as Kyle did. It seemed like they hadn't seen eachother in the longest time and now here they both were. It seemed so natural once more. "One word" Emma said when Kyle asked what happened this summer "Family" Emma said but couldn't help but smile a bit. "But why was your summer only alright" She asked hoping Kyle hadn't had a summer like Emma had.

"Oh c'mon whats wrong, its great having family."Kyle said with a smile."Well...."Kyle began but decided just to leave it."...I suppose now that i think about it, it was good."He lied.

Emma laughed "Oh but you don't know my family. My lovely mother that points out everything that is not perfect. My father who needs to point out that my mother isn't perfect. Caina who is a total brat the whole time. Ana-Cole who stays to herself even though indirectly she causes all the problems and then there is me" Emma said in about one breath. She smiled slightly glad to get that all out though.

"And you know what" Emma said as Kyle told her slightly about his summer "you are one of the worst liars I have ever known but if you don't want to tell me it's ok" Emma said going all dramatic on the last part.

Kyle listened to Emma and said."Oh well, your back now." He smiled and he said this and then looked out at the view.He looked at Emma and took a deep breath, he guessed that she was the best person to tell this to so said."Well, i was staying with my Aunt in London when we recieved a phone call from the hospital saying that my dad had been admitted to hospital but i guess they were too late." He smiled at Emma and then turned away.

"Thank goodness" Emma said smiling. Oh how glad she was to be back. Though in a moment Emma could tell that something was wrong with Kyle. Emma placed her hands on her lap as she listened. Though as Kyle told her her mouth went into a sad face. "oh my gosh I am so sorry" Emma said as she reached over and hugged him. "Are you ok? I mean I know you're not but oh Kyle I'm sorry" Emma said not knowing really what else to say. She knew this must be hard for him. She couldn't even imagine though

Kyle smiled at Emma and hugged her back."Its ok you didnt know and as long as i have you then im fine."He smiled and kissed her cheek.

Emma tried to smile but she just felt rather awful about the whole thing. "You could have called me over the summer or sent me an owl or something. I would have done something support wise or anything" Emma said feeling back for not being there for him when he needed her. "And don't worry you do have me" She said smiling this time. "don't even worry about that one" She managed to say though she felt bad.

Emma turned to look at a few first years playing along on the grass. It seemed to be a sort of football game or something. Emma smiled as she watched for a moment before turning back to Kyle. "don't you just miss being a first year so much?" Emma said hoping that changing the subject was the best thing to do but she hoped he understand that if he needed to talk she was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back