OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera was happy to be back at Hogwarts New Zealand. She had had one of the best summers of her life. She had finally managed to win Nationals, became Head Girl, and she had spent all summer with Alex. Of course, there was still the whole problem revolving around James Potter, but Kiera chose to ignore it for now. It was chilly outside, but Kiera couldn't keep away from the Pitch any longer. Her last visit had been with James at the end of last term. It was time to fly again.

Kiera was bundled up in muggle clothing made for the winter time. In her hand, she carried her Streak. Kiera was slightly unsure of how this year's Quidditch would go. Her two best friends were the captains of the team that she had been on since her first year, though it was club teams back then. She was even being looked at to play Professional Quidditch. It just seemed silly that she would most likely have to try out to keep her position as chaser. Unless something drastic happened, there was no way she wouldn't be on the team again.

Kiera decided that she might as well be prepared for tryouts. She finally reached the pitch and was lucky to find it empty. Kiera grinned up into the stands. God she missed this place. Kiera mounted her broom before shoving off into the air. Her long brown curls whipped around her in the icy breeze. Kiera couldn't help but grin as she flew, not yet doing tricks. She flew just to enjoy the soaring feeling.

Danny had been up relatively early and after going for a jog around the pitch, done his usual stretches decided to fly up to the stands for a wee kip before doing some laps on his streak. It was while he was simply chilling out looking up at the bright sky that he heard the swish of a broom passing by the stand. Sitting up straight he watched a girl fly about and smiled, she had great form on a broom. Knew how to handle it really well by the looks of it.

Danny smiled and climbed on to his broom there in the stands and kicked off. It wasn't long before Danny was up beside her.
"Hey there come here often?" Danny knew it was beyond cheesy but he wasn't trying to be offensive or anything just friendly.

Kiera had been so consumed with her flying that she hadn't seen a boy, not too much younger than her, flying beside her. Kiera whipped her broom around to a sudden stop. She grinned at the boy as he asked her a question. Her eyes sparkled as she answered. "Oh you know I've been here a few times." she said in a nonchalant manner. Actually this was probably her most frequented spot on campus. She smiled brightly at the boy. "I'm Kiera." she said introducing herself.

He had been aware from the way she flew that she did it often but couldn't resist the crazy line anyhow. It wasn't suppose to be in the line of flirtation but she was damn well good looking there was no mistaking that either.
"Kiera nice flying, I'm Danny" he looked ahead of him to make sure he wasn't about to fly straight into anything and when sure there were no obstacles in his way he looked over at her again.
"Are you on one of the teams here?"

Kiera had continued flying beside him after her abrupt stop. She couldn't help but wonder why she hadn't ever see him around before. He was definitely older than a first year. Kiera smiled charmingly as the boy introduced himself.
"Its a pleasure to meet you Danny. Did you just transfer here?" she asked curiously. Kiera nodded her head as he asked if she was on one of the teams. "Yes I am on the Gryffindor team. I play chaser." she said, her eyes lighting up like they did when she was talking about Quidditch.

Danny flew easily along side her, admiring her form and posture on the broom when she asked him a question. He quickly turned his wandering gaze to her face before answering.
"Yes from the Hogwarts in Scotland actually. Does the school get many transfers then?" he asked her. He'd have asked her anything to prolong the conversation she was beyond cute.
"Chaser? I must try out for either beater or keeper on our house team then. Get to either take you down or save your shots".

Kiera listened as Danny said he was from Hogwarts Scotland. She knew a few people from that school because they had transferred. Kiera grinned. "Actually yes. There are a good many transfers." she admitted. "Why did you transfer?" she asked curiously. Kiera laughed as he said he had to try to get beater or keeper. She flashed him a grin and shook her head. "Well, you obviously haven't seen me play. Its not so easy to save them." she said with a wink. "And why would you want to take me down?" she asked, pretending to pout.

Danny held his broom tightly, his knuckles going white with the grip he had. All along he knew, was aware that someone was bound to ask him why he was here, what his reason for transferring was. He just hadn't expected it to be quite so soon. He took a deep breath and looked at the hoops in the distance.
"My father died at the start of the summer, my mom" deep breath before going on, "her sister lives here so we moved. She's the only other family we have. We thought a new start was needed for us both".

He looked at her again, not wanting any pity or sympathy he rushed on with a change of subject.
"I bet you make a great chaser Kiera" a smile flashed across his face,"why would any boy want to take you down?"

Kiera listened to Danny say why they had moved to New Zealand. It was sad really. It seemed nobody's family was perfect, God knew hers wasn't. Kiera shook her head. "I'm sorry. That sucks." she said sympathetically. She didn't want to dwell on the topic though since she could see that it upset him.

Kiera laughed as the topic changed. "I suppose I am good. The Harpies are trying to recruit me but I want to go to the Olympics first." she told him with a smile on her face. She wasn't sure if that last question was flirting with her or not. She smiled slyly. "You tell me."

Danny was grateful she didn't go on and on like many did when the death of his father was mentioned, so he turned and smiled at her. She was genuinely a nice girl.
"That's impressive Kiera. The Harpies?" he nodded his head slowly as if ruminating on the thought, that was extremely impressive, "the Olympics? like those muggle olympics you mean? Really? What would you do in them?"

He didn't know much about the muggle world and had always kept it that way not out of prejudice but simply because he had no interest.

Kiera smiled back at Danny. He seemed nice to her. She nodded her head at the first question. "Yes, well I think it might only be because my friend James is best friends with their captain." she admitted. Though the Harpies were still interested in her was quite an accomplishment. James had assured her there was a place on their team for her if she wanted it. He had also told her that it wasn't just because of him. They liked her flying skills. Kiera hoped that was the case.

Kiera's face lit up as he asked about the Olympics. She always got an excited look on her face whenever she talked about her gymnastics. "Yes, I mean the muggle Olympics. I would be one of the gymnasts for the United States. I have to make the team of course but I should be able too. I won three events this past summer at the nationals competition." she said proudly.

Danny continued to fly alongside her enjoying the easy company that the girl afforded.
"Well it's always good to have someone on the inside but I'm sure you'd get in on skill anyway. So when are the try-outs for this Olympic thing? They do have try-outs yeah?" he wanted to apologize for his ignorance and wished now he had taken up muggle studies as had been his original plan.

Kiera smiled as he said she would get in on skill. It made her feel better about the whole thing. Kiera liked Danny. He was easy to talk to. She grinned as the topic turned back to the Olympics. Kiera had been dreaming of competing in them ever since she could remember. They had always been her goal. "Yeah they have something like tryouts. It's really a competition and whoever does the best are the ones who get to go. There is a ranking system." she said with a shrug. "I think they will be in late May or early June." she said nervously. That wouldn't give her much time to prepare.

Danny dipped his broom slightly.
"So how long have you been doing this stuff for? I'd love a demonstration" he gave her a wink hoping she would oblige him. He was also beginning to pay attention to the loud growling emitting from his stomach and knew it would only get louder unless he fed it and fast. Not even flying could keep him from his first love, food.

Kiera grinned at him as he showed interest in her gymnastics.
"I've been doing gymnastics since I was three. My first competition was a when I was four." she said with a bright smile. It had only be a tiny competition with limited skills. Kiera had always had a natural talent for the sport. "I don't mind showing you but we have to land first." she said.

"Then land we will" he grinned lopsidedly at her tilting his broom downwards and bringing his broom in for a landing. He climbed off it easily and waited for her to land as well. Not sure what to expect Danny found it intriguing that she would oblige him so easily with a demonstration.

Kiera grinned as he agreed to landing. She flew to the ground. "I can only do my floor routine here but its still pretty good." she said to him with shrug. Kiera flashed him a smile. "You might want to back up a bit." she said, placing her broom on the ground out of her way. She took off her muggle jacket. She was wearing a pair of running tights and a blue tank top. Kiera winked at Danny.

Kiera preformed her floor routine. She finished her routine perfectly. Kiera was breathing slightly hard. She stood up at looked at him, grinning.

Danny watched in awe standing back just as she had asked him to. The girl had a fit form that was for sure but when she began her routine he could feel his mouth opening wider and wider. He knew that she had to have strong leg muscles for half that routine and couldn't help picturing those limbs of hers without those running tights on her. He sat down on a near by bench to literally gawp at her. She bent and twisted herself into all shapes, vaulting here, flipping there. When she finished there was nothing else for him to do but stand and clap.

His hands were near sore from the ferocity of his eager applause but it was worth it.
"Bravo, bravo" he roared at her smiling.

Kiera laughed as he applauded her. She pretended to bow for him. "Thank you. Thank you." she said as she bowed. It was all for show though. She just liked having fun. Kiera went to where he was and sat down on the bench. She was still a little breathless. "I take it you thought it was good then?" she teased him. She liked Danny. He could be a good friend to her. He also seemed to really like her gymnastics. Kiera liked having people cheer for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back