A New Friend...?

Gwenneth-Adrie Linde

OOC First Name
Steph.
Gwenneth-Adrie Ann van der Linde walked the corridors of her new school. It was interesting that was for sure. She was on constant alert for random blasts of hexes and jinzes being thrown down the hallways. Ducking into a class she watched as what seemed to be a battle occur in the hall. It was of course just a few friends practicing their dueling. It was odd for her to see so much student on student dueling. At Hogwarts Scotland they only dueled when a teacher was present in a class or in dueling club. Of course this wasn't Hogwarts, it was Durmstrang and it did have quite the reputation to uphold.

Hikari is always referred to as "that girl". That girl who had dueled with a male student because of him starting a fight with her, that girl who had turned a boy down rather harshly, that girl with two different eye color. She didn't mind any of these though, for all of these were true. Hikari has heterochromia, a condition which resulted to her having two eye color, blue for her left eye, and green for her right. Of course, it is a condition that magic can heal, but she decided to let it stay that way, it was something that identifies her after all, it makes her unique.

Walking along the corridors of her school was really a tough job, what with the different hexes and jinxes being thrown by half of the school's population. Even so, Hikari was already used to it all. With a sigh, Hikari decided to go to the school grounds, catch some fresh air and probably, just probably, try to study. As she was threading the hall way, she bumped into someone, which had resulted to her being on her behind, her things spreading all over the floor. "Sorry..." She muttered as she stood up and started to pick her things.

Gwen had thought the hallway was safe and stepped out only to run into another person. The girl fell to the ground as Gwen stood there shocked. Once she had started to pick up her belongings Gwen got on the ground to help her glad to below the hexes that were being passed over them. "No, I'm sorry. I didn't see anyone when i came out of that room," she said handing the girl the few books she had managed to pick up.

Hikari smiled at the girl, she seemed nice after all. "It's both our faults then, I'm not looking at where I'm going too." She said with a laugh, placing her books safely at her bag, ensuring that if ever she'll bump into someone once again, her things would then be safe. Looking at the girl who was currently in front of her, Hikari already knew that she was new. She haven't seen her around yet after all, and with Hikari, she can easily remember every person that she had met. "What's your name?" She said, albeit a little too straightforward. Hikari is not one to play around with words after all, well, unless she had to hide something.

Gwen laughed with the girl, it was nice to hear a normal girl voice around here. With the outstanding amount of part-veela males the female population went crazy whenever one of them walked by. "Alright then it's agreed. I'm Gwenneth-Adrie van der Linde," she said holding out her hand as she used the other to push her shoulder bag back onto her shoulder. It had fallen onto her arm when she dropped to the ground to help the girl. She knew it could be embarrasing to fall in the corridors of school so she was glad the girl wasn't mad at her.

"Gwenneth-Adrie van der Rin-rin-linde? You have quite a long name, what should I call you?" hikari said, being a japanese, she's still not use with saying the letter "L", so, she had this tendency to interchange that with the letter "R". Nevertheless, she was trying to correct her tongue. "My name's Hikari Izumi, 15, a fifth year here..." She then said, introducing herself as she extended a hand for a handshake. It was rather formal but she didn't mind it, she was like that when she's around with girls, she can't quite get it, but when she's around with a opposite gender, she gets quite irritated, she hates how the male population flirts around after all, especially those part-veela ones.

Gwen smiled at the girl shaking her hand. "Yeah it is, but that's what I get for being Dutch, and German. Most people call me Gwen though I do know one guy who prefers to call me Adrie, I don't mind either way," she said with a smile letting her hand drop to her side. The girl infront of her was very Asian, that was certain though Gwen had traveled with her father before to the Asian ministries she couldn't place where the girl came from. "I'm a fifth year too, maybe we'll have classes together next semester," she said knowing she hadn't seen Hikari in any of her classes so far.

"I'll call you Adrie then, I'll be the second person to call you that." Hikari said, grateful to finally find someone whom she could talk freely. It was quite annoying talking with her other friends, all they would ever talk about was these male veelas after all, and well, that really irritates her. "Probably, next semester. Where are you from? If my guess is correct, you're new here, right?" She continued on, sitting on one of the benches situated near their position. she needed to take a rest, the full moon was soon to come, she could feel it. And well, she need to prepare if ever that day would come already, so that she wouldn't hurt someone.

Gwen smiled at the girl glad someone else in this place was being nice to her. "Alright sounds good mind if I choose a nickname for you?" She asked with a laugh, she had never been good with Asian names. The one time she had tried to say a person's name she failed miserably. Nodding her head she managed to create a shield around them as they were still in the hallway. "Germany. But I attended Hogwarts Scotland. So yeah I'm new here," she said with a laugh again. Just then a group of fan girls went rushing down the hall screaming that one of the veela boys was going to go outside to work out. She rolled her eyes at the girls glad she wasn't blonde enough to join them, but she did have a history with boys that left her not wanting to date for awhile.

Hikari smiled when the girl asked if she could give her a nickname, sure enough, Hikari didn't mind having one, at least, there was someone in the school who was trying to be nice at her. "Sure, you can give me a nickname, just not stupid ones, alright?" She said with a laugh. She was already enjoying her day, but when a bunch of girls had rushed down the halls, Hikari cannot help but frown. If there's one thing that she hated about her school, it's not the hexes, but rather, it was those annoying fan girls, and of course, the entire male veela population. "What's with them being infatuated with the looks? It's just looks really, they would somehow get old soon, and that dreamy look of them would soon disappear.." She said in disgust as she watched the other younger students trying to take a peek at the said veela who was about to work out. Hikri was probably the only one in her class who isn't infatuated with any veela, she's not one to be easily charmed after all, what with her problems burdening her, she had no time for boys, much less, those veela ones.

Gwen smiled at the girl, she was being nice to her unlike the ones who were running after a part-veela male earlier. "What about Ri? I'm not sure if it means anything in Japanese though so I hope it's not bad if it does," she said thinking about the name. In other lanuages even the littlest of things could mean something, it was something she learned growing up while learning three different lanagues, but they were all close enough so it wasn't hard. Watching the latest group run by she sighed watching them trail after a boy. "Honestly I agree. Most veela guys have their noses up in the air and don't care about anyone but themshelves," she said knowing the connection to her muggle life back home when she watched muggles from behind her mother's desk at the Library when she was little. Even then she realized guys could be jerks. Last year she learned the lesson with a part-veela, she wasn't keen on taking the same route again unless the ending veried and he was actually nice.

"It's fine by me, there really is no meaning for that...name?" Hikari said with a shrug as flipped her hair and tucked it behind her ears. She then looked at the group of girls who are fawning over a male veela student, who was really having fun at trying to show off. "Yes, they don't give any care at all, they use their special trait as a tool to get what they want, they are really irritating you know, thinking that every girl would fall head over heels for them once they set their eyes on them.." She added, face frowning as she saw the said veela approached a girl who was already red in the face. "Disgusting, anyways, why have you decided to transfer? I mean, I do think that Hogwarts is a really interesting place.." Hikari then inquired, her attention now focused on the girl who is currently with her.

"Great, Ri!" She exclaimed, it was always fun to give nicknames to people, of course it was easier when you knew them better but Ri just sounded like a simple name that she could use with her new friend. They shared a common interest or rather hate it seemed already which was nice. "Well of course they do. They have and use it, just sometimes it it's overkill. Honestly if I see that guy flirt with another girl later I'll personally take the time to hex him," she said watching the boy go up to one of the girls that had been stalking him.

She suddenly got a flash of her other friends at the school, both were boys and both part-veela. The one in her year she already knew had a fan club and the other being a 7th year it was most likely that he did have one as well. "Some of them can be nice of course. I got saved from being trampled by one but he did seem like a flirt, offered himself up as a boyfriend for me in the future if I wanted," she said turning her head to look at Ri. She was just putting the pieces together now and she was suddenly glad she had sworn of guys for the time being, it would be to easy to get trapped by a male with veela genes. "Long story on why I transfered," she stated unsure if her new friend wanted to listen to basically her life story. Gwen was used to being wallpaper not out in the open as it were.

Hikari smirked at eh girl's comments, she would really love to see a veela being hexed and all, at least, they could be taught some lesson. "I'll happily help you with that, you may not be asking, but I have studied great variety of hexes that could be used to hex those annoying guys..." She said with a light laugh, thinking back to the nights where she would stay up way too late just to read a book that she had borrowed from the library, those hexes really do come in a handy whenever there was this one guy who would annoy her.

Hikari looked at Gwen when she said that there were actually kind veelas, she do agree with her, but still, those type are extremely rare. "Most of them are FLIRTS anyways, you just have to get immune to them." She said with a wave of her hand, from personal experience, she had already learned how to not get affected even though the one who was talking to her had this really charming and beautiful face. "Did you accept the offer then?" She then asked, a bit curious to whether Gwen had actually accepted to be a girl of a part-veela, that would be really weird for her. "Don't worry if it's long, I'm willing to listen. "She then said as she straightened her clothes out, willing to hear out the girl's story no matter how long it would take them.

Gwen smiled at the girl when she said that. "Of course you can! I'm not very good with my hexes. At Hogwarts we practice the more good spells then evil ones," she said glancing at the girl hoping she didn't sound weak. She needed to learn a few of them and soon she realized. Another part-veela male walked by at that moment and Gwen rolled her eyes, wondering how they got so cocky; it must be the praise they get for their looks.

"I think they all are flirts but the two I've met here have other sides that come out once they figure out that you aren't like the other girls," she said to Ri. Shaking her head she looked around the corridor before looking back a Ri to fully answer. "No I didn't. My last boyfriend is part-veela and once he broke up with me ya know I just haven't been interested in any veelas. He dumped for some other chick once he graduated last year so older guys are very interesting either. My mom was killed last year and I started to act out in class and stuff and my dad agreed that I should change schools. Considering all the issues I was having with ex-friends who sided with my ex it was time to move on." She said all in a breath, afterwhich she glanced around to make sure no one overheard her for it was embarrassing of a story.

"Hogwarts eh? That place is pretty interesting, very much different from here..." Hikari said with a shrug, sometimes, she does wonder what would happen if ever she would chose to transfer schools, yet, her more reasonable conscience stops her from doing so, she already had a place in Durmstrang, no matter how unwanted that place may be. "This place is really contaminated with those cocky annoying part-veelas..." She then said, glaring at the part-veela who had passed by them.

Hikari had laughed when Gwen told her how all male veelas are flirt, she does agree with it. "Really, I haven't found a part-veela like that yet, are you friends with them then?" She said with a smile, thinking of how rare it was to actually meet someone like that.

Hikari then listened as intently as she could as Gwen talked about her past experience with a veela, it annoys her more. "Someone should really straighten those veelas beliefs, they are not the most beautiful person in this world you know... and that guy you're talking about, he's really annoying, jeez, I'm already getting mad without even meeting him. " She said with a huff, her annoyed expression suddenly turned into a more calmer one when the girl went to the point about her mother. "If they did side with him, they're not really your friends then, friends would always be there for you, and when you do something completely bad, they are there to reprimand you.."

"It was interesting, but this place has its good points too, or so I've been told," Gwenneth said. "What really bugs me about them is their fan groups," she said watching as a group of girls followed a part-veela male down the hall and watched him go to his class. "Sort of I guess I tend to stay away if the fan groups are around but they are nice enough when we are alone hanging out. The best is running from the fans," she said remembering when her and Alois ran from his group multiple times.

Gwen nodded listening to what Ri was saying but she wasn't in the mood really talk to about the whole subject it still hurt. Her friends of course hadn't had word from her since she left from school and she could only hope they had learned to grow up themshevles.

"Yeah, I know, fans are much more annoying than those obnoxious little devils... sorry for my foul mouth, I mean, those girls think that they own those veelas it's disgusting they're being obsessive." Hikari said with a tint of disgust as her eyes followed the certain group of fangirls who is currently chasing a part-veela male. "you had run away with a part-veela? now that's interesting, I wonder who that person is, I haven't met any decent male here just yet." She then added, tilting her head a little as a thought struck her mind. Ever since she attended Durmstrang, she had never really met any guy friends just yet, even female friends are rare.

Gwen couldn't agree more with Ri. She was sick of the girls who hung over guys like they wee the hottest fashion model in the world. Of course those were the ones who were users. Alot of guys couldn't stand the girls either which obviously gave them away as being normal. "Eisler, ALois Eisler," she said his name rolling out of her mouth before she could think twice about it. She didn't mind if Ri knew about the guy but one thing was for sure she didn't want anyone finding out she had a minor crush on the guy. "He's nice enough but Jack the flirt, was pretty charming. Though apparently I charmed him and he has basicaly fallen for me as if I was a veela or something," she said looking over at Ri to see what she would take of her situation. She had already decided she needed Jack to get over the fact Alois wanted to be just friends.

Hikari tilted her head on the side a little as she tried to think whether she had known someone named Alois. "I haven't heard of him yet, and that was a good thing, meaning, he's not in my list of students whom I wanted to hex..list of students who annoys me, maybe I should see him.." She said as she placed one hand on her hip, she then have to frown when she heard about another veela who's name was apparently, Jack, and from what she had heard, he's a flirt. "I won't trust him if I were you, better be careful.." She said finally with a sigh, she had just met the girl and so she knew that she shouldn't really say awful things about her friends. "If he make you cry in any way, if he's like those every other veelas out here, then he'll surely see what we are capable of doing, what year is he in anyway?" She added, thinking of seeing the said boy to confirm whether he had his honest intentions on Gwen.

Gwen smiled at Ri glad her friend hadn't been mean to her in anyway. That justified the fact Alois was very caring about people, and he didn't want to see anyone cry because of him. "Jack's a 7th year," she said softly unsure how the news would sound to another person. Alois had been pretty upset when she told him she was interested in Jack, well more then just interested, she was planning on asking him out if he didn't ask her. Of course the age difference was really nothing to her, afterall she had dated a 7th year last year and look how that turned out.

"A 7th year? That must mean that he'll soon be graduating.. wouldn't it be hard for you then?" Hikari said incredulously, it was not actually the gae difference that had shocked her, but rather, how long they would actually be together, after all, the school year is bound to end already, and well, that student would surely graduate too. "Well, unless he had decided to fail and stay here of course." She then added with a light laugh, thinking how embarrassing it might be for a seventh year student to have failed a grade, what more, he is a veela.

Gwen shurgged her shoulders she felt bad thinking what she was about Jack and even more she felt bad having to say it but Ri was her only girl friend around so she might as well talk it out with her. "I don't really see us staying togather very long. He's very sweet to me, yes, though I'm not sure if 'it' is there which is why I want to try and see," she told her giving half of the truth to Ri. The other half had to do with Alois, but that wasn't something she did really want to bring up. Of course she could only hope that once Jack leaves he doesn't do the same her ex did, she'd never recover from it a second time.

Hikari raised her eyebrow in confusion as she heard what her friend had said, really, she did confused her by saying that statement. "What do you mean by that? If you're not sure that you'll be with him that long, then why try?" She asked curiously, wanting her new fried to actually explain everything to her. "Is there anyone else in your mind right now that you can't really see yourself going with that Jack person?"

Gwen sighed as Ri questioned her about what she said. "Well I mean if there aren't feeling there after awhile for either of us, there won't be a point of styaing together," she saud shrugging her shoulders. She didn't want to answer Ri's other question, Gwen didn't want to admit it outloud and have everything ruined. "I can trust you with a secret, I think. The thing is...I maybe..sort of...well kind of...like...," she stoppped to take a breath. The name was running through her head millions of miles per minute, but it was so hard to actually say. "Alois," she admitted in the tiniest whispher. "But he wants to be friends, and he is really like a best friend. You can't say anything Ri! It'll just ruin everything if anyone finds out and I'm dating Jack," she pleaded to her friend, the only girl friend she actually had now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back