A New Face

Chloe LeBlanc

OOC First Name
Mimi
One once said, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. However if it were up to Chloe, she would just smash the lemons to a pulp and walk away. Tonight, she wasn't in a good mood at all. Her and her parents had fought, and it wasn't like she could just go back to school. Even worse was the fact that her step-brother, for the first time in forever, hadn't taken her side in it. It was just because he didn't want to fight with them and risk losing his precious chance of studying abroad in the next year or so. Currently, Chloe was just walking along a busy street in France. This was where she found solace. In the many faces of the crowd you could lose yourself and realize that you were just a smaller thing in a larger scheme of things. Even if that would upset some people, it was comforting to the young woman. Some time after, she ducked into a small cafe, ordered a warm cup of tea, and sat down.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry the starter stinks :doh: I sat down and lost all muse.

Jack was walking down the streets in Europe, getting lost in all of the different people and the crowds that surrounded the busy streets. He was utterly bored and unsure of what to do. Gwen had decided to spend the weekend working for her exams coming up, and Jack, deciding that it would be best to only worry about it all when it got closer, had decided to escape from the environment of Durmstrang. Everywhere you went there were people, and that was just in Durmstrang. For once though, Jack welcomed the freedom that the bustle and noise brought. As he walked, he rotated his wand in his hand, about to apparate somewhere different, when a face of a young woman met his. He smiled at her, thinking that he recognised her, but then frowned, realising that the eye colour was different. But now, he had smiled and it would be beyond rude to walk away, so deciding to do something for the afternoon, he wandered into the cafe, smiling at the lady at the counter who offered him a drink. Contemplating out of the options, he frowned slightly but then ordered a coke, deciding to keep it plain. Sitting at a nearby table to the girl, he smiled again and wondered whether she would be freaked out at him for making conversation. He must seem like a crazed stalker, but really he just wanted to chat to someone.

Chloe was never one to be rude to the people that she met. Her mother and father always taught her that to be a success and to make connections you had to be kind and friendly. When she saw the man smile at her, she had to smile back. After all, he had a contagious smile anyway. Now in the cafe, she sipped her tea and looked up. Every time she looked up, she would gaze at the clock subtly. Sip, time. Sip, time. Sip, time. It seemed that now that she was there, the realization dawned on her that she was, in fact, alone in the cafe. It wasn't that she minded that, but it wouldn't exactly look that great in case she ran into someone. Then rumors would spread that she was, in fact, a loser outside of school. She wasn't even that popular in school either. None the less, her little reputation had been put at stake. The final time that she looked up, she didn't see the clock. She saw the same man from before. That was.... creepy, sort of. Though, Chloe somehow knew that he didn't have a strange or demented sort of reason for doing that. Putting on her charming smile, she chirped, "Hi! Do you want to come sit with me?" Plus maybe today she could make a friend out of her school. Even more, he looked older than her. Maybe he could be a great person to get advice from if they got close.. Chloe always had the habit of looking too far into the future.

Jack watched the girl as she watched the clock and after finishing his coke, he was about to leave, thinking that now he had served his time in the cafe and could apparate to somewhere else. But, she began to speak to him and he smiled his well known smile and nodded. Walking over, he ordered another coke and sat down at the same table as her. "Hey. Sorry to seem weird, i thought you were someone else." He explained, giving his well thought reason for the strangeness of his characteristic. "Im Jack." He smiled again, taking his coke from the approaching waitress as he ran his hand through his dark hair. He looked at the girl, guessing that she was probably only slightly younger than him, but then again, he looked older because he hadn't shaved in a few days and this had therefore given him the rough but daredevil look that he had been also known for. Rubbing his bristly chin, he smiled again, taking a drink of his coke.

(OOC: Sorry, this is lame today :unsure: )

( OOC: It's okay, I'm probably lamer. :hug: )

"It's fine. For some reason I hear that a lot." Chloe laughed a little and looked at him, studying his face. He could be a couple years older than her, maybe even one or two if he cleaned up a little. But one thing was clear. He had to have some veela in him. She would ask, but then that would lead this into an awkward tabletop conversation, and those sorts of conversations she hated more than anything in the world. She still smiled and nodded once at the name, "I'm Chloe." In truth she always disliked her name. It wasn't that it wasn't a nice name, really, but that most people just came up with weird nicknames that had nothing to do with her name, or they called her Co-Co. It was a small pet peeve of hers, but it was still something that irked her constantly. She just wanted to be called Chloe, no nicknames, just her real name. Lost in that thought, she blinked and looked back at her new companion. "So... I can tell from your accent you're not from here... I think."

Jack smiled at her easy response to his comment. It meant that the tension was lost and therefore they could talk more easily. "Chloe..." He mused, leaving the sound of the name hanging in the air. "Im Jack." Nodding at his name, he wondered whether Chloe had any other names or whether the name was short for something. It sounded nice in the air, like a perfectly tuned chiming of bells. Jack was short for nothing and he had no short names. Just Jack. Listening to the question, he raised his eyebrows. She was observant, and Jack was impressed. "No, I go to Durmstrang." He explained, trying to see if he recognised her from there or not. Perhaps she went to his school. But, realising that he really didn't recognise her now, he waited to hear from where she came from.

"I had the feeling..." Chloe nodded and took a sip of her tea, just being her usual self. She always would ask questions. She never really meant to pry, but it was a habit she developed when she was younger. Though none of the questions would get answered usually. "But anyway, it's nice to meet you Jack." The girl grinned and smiled at him, happy that for at least now she'd have a nice conversational partner. Chloe found that in this situation, it was best to just treat him as if they were already best friends. Complete casualness would just make them friends easily. "If you go to Durmstang, why are you all the way over here?" She paused and giggled a little. "I mean, I go to Beauxbatons, and I live here... Also, can I have a sip of your coke?" Lost in her thoughts, she forgot that she was finished with her own drink.

Jack nodded and restrained himself from laughing slightly. This girl seemed very happy to be free around everyone, something he admired. He had just come in here, smiled at her and now they were chatting! Listening to the happy, light conversation that was passing, Jack was glad that they were over the formal and awkward topic beginnings, where so many people stalled after saying the usual first few lines. Smiling to himself, he took another sip of his coke before answering. "Well, since i can apparate, i like to get as far from there as possible in the holidays. It doesn't make any difference really i guess, but around in the Durmstrang region, there are just so many students and it is hard to relax." He explained, hoping she would understand what he was talking about. She seemed the sort of person that would understand, but she couldn't be sure yet. "What year are you in?" He asked as she mentioned Beauxbatons. Perhaps she knew his cousin. But, deciding that it wasn't right to mention it, he just left the question hanging for her to answer. "Yeh sure. Go ahead." He smiled, passing the coke over to her with another easy smile.

"I understand completely." Chloe smiled and rubbed the back of her neck. Once in a while everyone had to get away, maybe somewhere where people didn't know their name or what they had done. Being the girlfriend of Beauxbaton's seeker, it seemed that some people knew more about her than she knew about herself. It wasn't like getting stalked, but it was a little annoying when people would talk about her social life while she passed by or wasn't even talking to them. Though, she couldn't control the actions of others, so it seemed that life at school would just stay that way until she was out and graduated. "I'm a seventh year, actually." Though she would never admit it, one of her major fears at the moment was graduation. As much as she was dead set on what she was going to do with her life, the idea of being suddenly thrown out of school and into the real world was absolutely terrifying. "And thanks." With that she stole a sip of his coke, placing it down and then making a slight face when she remembered that it was carbonated. Trying to get the weird feeling out, she tilted her nose to each side, much like a bunny rabbit.

Jack smiled and nodded. He was glad that she understood, because there were so many people in life that didn't. They thought him stupid to want to escape, stupid to want to just leave, but he needed to. It was like being free, being able to fly and get away from the constraints of the walls of school. He smiled again when she mentioned being a 7th year, she was his age and this in itself was probably a reason why she understood him. "Same. Leaving school this year." He mused, thinking of how eager he was to leave his school. Well, he had felt that way ever since his 6th year, but now, the idea of actually getting free delighted him. However, and there was a however, he found that the school contained so many memories of his life, that perhaps leaving would be harder than he thought it could ever be. "What are you planning to do once you leave?" He asked, truly interested in the answer that she would give. Some people went for muggle jobs, and some people went for magical jobs. It fascinated him to see the difference, and he had really found that he could tell a lot about someone from what they would say. "Your welcome. Are you ok?" He asked, watching her as she tilted her head from side to side to sort out the sudden ache that fizziness brought. Raising his eyebrows, he frowned, concerned.

Chloe smiled and gave a nod when Jack said that he was a seventh year too, and part of her wondered if he knew her brother. Probably not, considering that he was antisocial unless there was with a girl. So to save time, she just didn't ask. "Is it weird that I'm not excited to leave school? I mean I am but not very much.." She admitted softly, laughing just a bit. For that reason, she was living it up at school as much as she could. This could range from making sure she passed her classes with flying colors, or even sneaking out with friends. She had to make those memories that she could reminisce about as an adult. After all when Chloe was over there wasn't as much time to slack off or anything, which was also a terrifying aspect. "I actually want to be a dragon trainer in Wales or Romania..." The blonde gave a devious grin, waiting for his reaction. After all most people didn't expect the petite socialite to have such adventurous aspirations. Then, finally, the bubbles in her nose subsided and she gave a laugh, almost making fun of herself. "I'm fine! I just forgot how bubbly coke is." Then she found herself laughing harder, just because of how stupid that sounded. "D-Don't worry!" Then she covered her face in embarrassment waiting for her giggles to fade.

Jack listened to the girl as she spoke. "No, i guess that it isn't. You, like everyone else have probably got attached memories to the school and don't want to leave it, knowing that you will finish a chapter of your life." He started, pondering on the thought himself. He liked Durmstrang and had memories there, both good and bad, but he couldn't wait to leave school. No, it was almost like he needed to leave school now. "That sounds really cool. Have you always wanted to do that?" He asked, amazed that such a delicate girl like this would want to spend her time with dragons. Perhaps there was a side to her that he hadn't seen before... chuckling to himself at the thought, he smiled and listened to her answer, still amazed. Watching as she burst into a fit of giggles over the coke, he raised his eyebrows sceptically. Laughing along with her, he sat back in his chair, taking another swig of his coke and running a hand through his dark hair. He smiled as he watched her become embarrassed, hoping that there was something he could do to make it less awkward for her. Just sitting there seemed the right thing to currently do, so he did just that, still smiling though slightly.

The giggles finally stopped. Like a mask, Chloe removed her hands from her face and smiled apologetically, though was happy that he was still smiling. Then she hummed a little to herself, twirling a piece of hair between her manicured fingers. Thinking over what he had said. She had never really thought of it that way, and it seemed probably reasoning. "I guess it's because... Well my boyfriend is going to be busy a lot, and I probably will be too. And I hate apparating, and we'll probably be in different areas of the U.K. or Europe in general." She sighed and shrugged, half of her disappointed by it and half of her just taking it for face value and rolling with the punches. There was no point in moping about something outside your control, but it made you feel a lot better. But she didn't want to dump it all on Jack, they had just met after all. That would be terribly rude, and well, Chloe never wanted to come off as that. "Well, actually yes. My step-uncle works in Romania, and my step dad has been around since I was really little, so we always go over to the dragon reserves while we visit. I guess I just fell in love with those animals." She paused and tugged at the neckline of her dress, exposing just a little bit of her shoulder and showing a decently large scar. "I got this from a little one when I was thirteen I think." Then she smiled. "What do you want to do when you get out of school?"

Jack smiled and waited patiently as she recomposed herself, taking the laughs away and returning to a normal conversation. The very essence of this made him chuckle to himself quietly so she couldn't hear, but the way she did this was impressive. Raising his eyebrows at the mention of a boyfriend, he pushed the thought aside, contented that this didn't bother him as it might with other people. He just wanted to be friends with her. "Go for your dream if it what inspires you." He nodded, listening to her thoughts on it all. "I have only seem baby dragons before, what are they like fully grown? They must be huge and dangerous." He mused as she proved his point by indication of the large scar that she was currently sporting. "Im not sure. I was thinking of joining a quidditch team, or even considering a professorship." He mused again, thinking of his true dream - to join the deatheaters. However, the mention of this in public could be dangerous so he kept his mouth shut and just smiled. The conversation drew to a halt, and happy with the peace, he waited to see if Chloe wanted to start another topic or not.

Chloe nodded and smiled more at him, happy to hear some form of encouragement from the new friend she had made. "I certainly will, trust me." If it were up to anyone in her family, the French girl would be siding with the darker side of magic. No, they weren't full of deatheaters or dark wizards, but there were a couple and that was just enough to create an influence over them all. This was an ever present fact that loomed over the girl, especially with the fact that her boyfriend was, in-fact, muggle-born. "Well," She broke from her thought at the prospect of explaining dragons, "they're really temperamental. If you know them and you understand their mannerisms, and it's different for every single one, you'll be okay." She grinned at him and fixed her shirt, chuckling out of amusement. "When I was little, I didn't understand that." The girl rested her chin on her palm and tilted a bit. To her, Jack didn't really look like a professor type. Though at the same time she couldn't place her finger on what he could seem to be. "That's pretty cool actually. I don't think I could deal with being a teacher... Kids aren't really my thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back