Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Avaria was up before the sun. She made her bed and tiptoed into her dad's room, turning off his alarm. She grinned and made her way back out in the dark, shutting his door soundlessly behind her. A flashlight in hand, she made her way to the kitchen. She peaked in the fridge and found a few eggs, a bit of cheddar cheese and some milk.

She grinned and gathered the supplies by the counter. If she was being honest, it was the only thing she knew how to make, and she hadn't done it by herself before. But she wanted to do something nice for her new dad.

Avaria pulled a chair over to the stove as quietly as she can, and by the time she had made breakfast and set the table the sun had already risen and filled the room with light.

She skipped back the hall, humming happily, and knocked on his door. "Daddy? Are you awake yet?"

Yesterday was eventful.Avarian found his daughter and together they spent the day knowing each other. He remembered the girl's bubbly personality and all the emotions that came cross her angelic face. Too often,it reminded the man of his wife. Sadness would come but he would smile at the child to mask the pain.

The morning brought new memories and the photographer was going to make sure to make the most of it with her daughter before she went to school.He was awaken to a knock on a door follwed by a small voice. Avarian smiled as he stretched in bed,waiting for Ava to enter.

Avaria didn't bother waiting for her dad to reply- the cheese omelets were going to get cold. She opened the door and peeked in to see him still in bed. She pouted briefly before pushing the door the rest of the way open and skipping into the room. She climbed up onto the bed and sat on him. "Get up, sleepybones," She pouted. "I made breakfast and it's gonna get cold." She poked him. "Daaaaaaad."

Avarian was rubbing his eyes as he heard the door being opened. He stretched once more just as he felt a dip on his bed. The next thing he knew was a sudden weight on his stomach.Laughing,he groaned as he finally opened his eyes to find Avaria pouting."Good morning,sunshine."He chuckled as his little girl poked at him.Shifting his position to get up halfway,his eyes widened as he realized what she was saying. "What did you say?You cooked breakfast?" Ava was just ten yet she said she cooked breakfast.

Avaria laughed a little as she fell off her dad's tummy and onto his knees when he sat up. He seemed surprised that she had cooked breakfast. She rubbed her neck and looked off, a bit bashful. "Oh, well, yeah." She glanced back at him. "I um, haven't done it alone before, but um, I just thought, um, it might be a nice thing to do, I guess?"

She turned and hopped off the bed, skipping out of the room. "Anyway, it's going to get cold, so hurry up. I don't know what you like so I just poured us both some milk." She was out of the room before he could reply.

Avarian just laughed at how aborable his daughter was. What's more was she was already independent at a very young age. Yawning once more, he stood up just after Ava hopped off his bed. Grabbing his white shirt from the foot of the bed,he stood up and padded toward the door to follow her.

He grabbed his wand from the top of the drawer next to the door,he flicked it,getting some toast ready to add to the omelets Avaria made.When Ava mentioned about preparing milk for both of them,Avarian nodded,"Normally,I would go for coffee but I guess today is milk day.",with a teasing voice and a playful smile.

They reached the kitchen just in time for the toast to be ready. He waved them to the plates prepared and charmed the jam to the table as well. "What do you want to do today,sweetheart?",he asked as he took his place at the table.

Avaria couldn't help but laugh as her dad used magic to add to breakfast. "That's cheating!" She scolded him playfully, crawling up into her chair and sitting on her knees so she could reach. She took a bite of her omelet as he sat at the table. She reached out for the salt as she chewed.

"Well," she started, "After breakfast you're going to show me how to make coffee," she told him as she put jam on her toast. She set the food on her plate before looking up to meet his eye.

"But until then, we're going to talk about mommy," she told him in all seriousness. "You probably want to know what happened to her and gran-gran. I can see it in your face when I mention her." She stated it calmly, if not a little sadly.

Avarian laughed at Ava's reaction to his magic. Clearly, the girl was used to the magic around the house although it was indeed unfair that he used it to his advantage. His hands mimicked her actions as he spread his own jam on the toast after he scooped a portion of omelet. His baritone voice chuckled when Avaria mentioned coffee before he nodded in agreement. However, the mood was broken when she mentioned her mum. His shoulders tensed and his jaw was set as he struggled to maintain his happy disposition in front of the girl. Taking a sip of his coffee, he looked at his daughter, not failing to see his wife in her. "Ava,", he sighed,"maybe some other time. We can finish our breakfast and I can show you how to make coffee, alright?", he smiled, though it was not reaching his eyes, all the same, veering the topic away from his wife and Avaria's mother.

Avaria took a drink of her milk as her dad tried his best to steer the subject away from her mother. She set her glass down and picked up her fork, not looking up at him. "Alright Daddy, I won't argue. I just know you'll worry about it the longer you don't know. I don't want you to worry." She told him honestly, taking a bite of her omelet. She reached for the salt but her fingers fell short. "Could you pass the salt please, Daddy?" She asked politely, folding her hands in her lap.

Avaraian sighed as he regarded her daughter's reaction. Just like an adult, Avaria knew how to convince him without making a fuss. He knew that this was her way of being stubborn. Of getting her way. Just like her mother. Avarian sighed once more as he ran a hand through his hair. He took a bite of his own toast and omelet before looking up to regard his daughter. Clearing his throat,"Okay. You're right, honey. I really want to know.", he felt relieved as soon as those came out of his mouth. He just realized how much of a burden that was to him. Dying to know everything about his now deceased wife.

Avaria looked away quickly, not expecting her father's reaction. She reached for her glass and took a sip of her milk. She set it back down in front of her and started to speak, staring into the liquid like it held some hidden truth.

"Mama got sick. Really sick. It started a few years ago. I don't even remember most of it, to be honest. Mama and Gran-gran wouldn't tell me much. I walked in on a few of the more serious adult talks though, and I caught a little. Mama had cancer." She took another sip of her milk before continuing, her voice small.

"At first I didn't really know that it was bad. Just that Mama and Gran-gran seemed worried. They had this look when they were around me. Mama started to get smaller, and more tired. I heard them talking about you a few times." She glanced up at her dad. This next part she wasn't as sure about sharing, but she continued anyway.

"Mama missed you, but she didn't think you would still care. That's why she never went to look for you herself. I don't know what she meant, but she used to tell me that you were a handsome adventurer who traveled all over, and that you were special." Avaria lowered her gaze as she ran her finger along the edge of the glass. "She said that you loved her, but that love doesn't always last as long as we want. Mama thought you had forgotten her, and found someone else to love."

Avaria wondered briefly if she sounded as sad as she felt. "Gran-gran got sick taking care of Mama. She was so busy with it that she forgot to take care of herself. Before I even knew what was going on, Gran-gran was gone. Then... so was Mama."

Avaria trailed off after that, wiping her face. She was slightly surprised to find it wet. When had she started crying? "Sorry daddy," She apologized quickly, using her sleeve to wipe away her tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back