Elijah Taylor

Eldest- Independent- Serious

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
It had been quite a while since Elijah had been home. He hadn't been very close to his father, and the thought just honestly hadn't crossed his mind. But he had the impression that his father's birthday was soon. While he knew Charlie had forgotten, and was too busy to swing by, Elijah decided to swing in and surprise the old man. He walked into the house, not bothering to knock, and was startled when he almost ran into a young girl. He blinked, looking down at her in confusion. Had his father sold the house? No, that wasn't likely. He wasn't close with Killian, but he did know the old man would never leave here. "Um... hello?" He greeted hesitantly.

Marley had been living with Killian for a while now, and she had enjoyed living with him. She had so much fun and was always learning something new every day. The young girl had been running around the house out of boredom until she heard the door open and bumped into an unfamiliar man. Her eyes were wide like a deer in headlights. Marley then noticed when he started speaking, turning around to see if it was someone else he was talking to, before looking back at him and pointing to herself to confirm that he was talking to her. "Hello..." Marley says shyly but suspiciously. "Who are you?" Marley says quietly, her eyes squinting with suspicion.

Elijah almost laughed at the girls question, but his confusion was a bit too strong for much humor to slip through yet. "I... used to live here," He offered uncertainly, tilting his head and studying her. He crouched down to be more on her level. "My name is Elijah. Elijah Taylor. I was named after my grandfather." He told her, trying to appear friendly. "Who are you?"

Marley's mouth slowly turned into an "O" like shape as the older man had explained that he used to live here. "Huh..." Marley says as she thought to himself. She had found it a wee bit strange that some random man walked in and claimed that he used to live here. He had then introduced himself, the name had sounded familiar like she had heard it somewhere before, but couldn't really remember. She had also noticed that he had the same last name as Killian, but maybe that was just like a coincidence right? Marley looked up at him unsurely, before she finally spoke. "Hi, I'm Marley! I was adopted and I live here." Marley explains, a little unsurely as she wasn't really sure if she should be telling her a part of her life. As well as a little shyly as she then looks around the house. Maybe she should be looking for Killian now because she really didn't know this strange man.

Elijah's eyes widened as she said she was adopted. He blinked after several long moments. "Whoa whoa whoa, wait, Killian adopted you??" He asked, his heart rate picking up. He had a little sister?! "When? How long have you been here? How long was he considering adopting you?" He asked, astounded, trying to decide if he should be mad at his father for not telling him.

Marley's eyes widened at the number of questions that this man had been asking her. "Yes?" Marley said shyly with slight suspicion now she was just confused about how he knew her adopted father. She was a little unsure of answering his question, she was now a bit frantic, she wanted to find Killian now, she was a wee bit nervous. "Um... about a week? I think?" Marley said, as she tried to count the days, though she had kinda lost count since she had enjoyed it here.

Elijah fell back onto his rear, shocked. He ran a hand down his face. "That old man," He murmured, before laughing loudly. Elijah pushed up to his feet, putting his hands on his hips. "Yo!" He yelled out, mostly just to catch his dads attention. "You have some explaining to do, old man!" He looked back to Marley, smirking. He wanted to sweep her up in his arms, but he decided against it. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable around him.

Killian had been in the kitchen, working on making lunch for he and Marley. He had been thinking of his sons, wondering if he should call them, or write them. It hadn't occurred to him before to think of how his sons might react to him bringing home Marley. Of course, they were so rarely around anymore he wasn't sure they would even care. He was lost in thought, not hearing the commotion out front until a familiar shout broke into his concentration.

Killian swallowed nervously and turned off the stove, moving the grilled cheese back to a cool burner. He walked out front, scooping up Marley automatically and smiling shyly at his eldest son. "Well, hello Elijah," Killian rubbed the back of his neck. "I wasn't expecting you to visit," He looked to Marley, reaching up to brush her hair from her eyes. "Marley, sweetheart. This... is Elijah. My eldest son." He explained gently.

Marley jumped a little as the mysterious older man started to shout. She was certainly not expecting that. She had then suddenly been scooped up and was thankful that Killian had finally come to her rescue. She looked between Killian and Elijah interacting. When Killian had explained who she was, she realised that he was one of his sons that he had spoken about a while ago, which meant that this Elijah person was one of her adopted brothers. She waved shyly at Elijah after Killian had introduced him, before shyly turning away, putting her face in the crook on Killian's neck, wrapping her arm around his neck.

Elijah brightened, walking closer as his dad held Marley and trying to peek at her. "Aww, she's so cute," he smiled at his dad. "Come on, dad, I know I've been busy and all, but you should've called! How long have you been sitting on this?" He asked, before trying to peek at Marley again. "It's about time we had a lady around here again," he teased everyone, insanely pleased by this new development. "I am so going to spoil the heck out of you," he declared, holding up his arms in an attempt to steal her from his dad.

Killian blushed, surprised by Elijah's enthusiasm. He shifted, bringing his other hand up to rest gently against the back of Marleys head. "To be absolutely honest, I only met Marley two weeks ago." He smiled at his son and shook his head. "She is rather special, isn't she?" He asked, turning to press a kiss to her temple. "Sweet girl," he murmured, brushing her hair back. She hadn't been around for long but she was already Killians' baby. He ignored Elijah's outstretched arms, feeling playful. Marley felt right nuzzled against his neck, and he was feeling very fatherly. Elijah could wait to get cuddles.

OOC: I'm sorry for this late reply! I lowkey forgot about this!

Marley hugged Killian slightly tighter and went a bit closer to him. Still a bit nervous with this man, now known as Elijah, unexpectantly coming in. Her face was still nuzzled into Killian's neck, she hadn't seen Elijah having his arms out. She was a little bit shy than she usually would be around people. She wanted to hug and cuddle Killian for a while. Not wanting to leave his side at all.

Elijah chuckled. He stepped back, letting his arms drop. He slipped his hands into his pockets. "Well, I'm going to have to come by more often," He decided immediately, before looking to his dad instead of his new sister. "Have you told Charlie yet, old man? He's going to be absolutely ecstatic," Elijah asked, smiling brightly.

Killian chuckled, his heart fluttering in his chest as Marley cuddled into him. "Not yet," he replied honestly, reaching a hand up to stroke Marley's hair. "I've been focused on getting Marley settled in, and honestly wasn't sure how to tell you boys," He answered, keeping his daughter nestled in his arms. "I'm also seeing someone. I'm not sure if she's serious about me yet, but she's a kind, wonderful woman. She actually works at the orphanage where I found Marley." He smiled warmly. "I had gone to see Teila when I met Marley," He looked to his son with a shy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back