A Mothers Duties Are Never Finished

OOC First Name
Teh Steph
Dianna was sweeping the floor in the hallways. She and her husband had tendered to the orphanage and ran it for years, so long she could hardly remember a life before that. The kids that ran around wernt trouble makers that most people thought they were. They were good stable children, thats how Dianna had raised them for aslong as she had known them. She sung softly to herself as she cleaned, happy and content with her life. She went and put the broom away and was about to get the mop for the bathrooms when she relised the bucket was gone. With a sigh she yelled "Lolli! Do you know where the bucket went!?" Not sure where her adoptive daughter was, she yelled it out loud enough so she would be able to hear it, even if she was in the grounds playing

The shout came to Lolli's ear, and with no shock, it was for the bucket Lolli had stolen. She looked inside it, she had some fly paper in it, and was on her way to the attic. "Hold on!' Seh yelled down the stairs, quickly going up there. Mom would get too grossed out if she knew what was in the bucket. So Lolli scrapped the flys into teh web, as they flinched around. She had caught at least ten this morning for Nilla, her pet wood spider. She then bolted down the stairs to Dianna mom. Lolli hated calling the woman mom. The only time that she ever called Lolli's name was for meals and if something was missing. "Here it is." She said with a smile, slipping off her dusty socks. "i think I should move my room to the attic." She said, hopping up on a chair.

Dianna smirked to herself softly, when really she was laughing inside softly. She took the bucket and looked at her adoptive daughter knowingly. As she rinsed the bucket out and filled it with water she spoke softly "And why would you be wanting to do that young lady?" She spoke in a soft motherly tone, with the slightest sterness behind it. Dianna knew something like this was going to happen. Lolli was just that type of girl. Dianna put some detergent in the bucket and mixed it around with her hand, rolling her sleeve up with the other hand. She tapped Lolli on the nose with her wet finger and smiled as she dried it off, rolling up her other sleeve. "If you did that we'd never get to see you down here! You and your pet spider would be doing goodness knows what and its too dirty and cold up there anyway" She spoke. She would allow it.. maybe.. If Lolli gave her a good enough responce, but she didnt really think she would.

Lolli reached into the bowl they kept on the counter. She then looked around the kitchen and smiled. It was almost cleaned up. That was something that Dianna was very good at. She always kept the home clean while "Father" worked on other things. He was the discipline, he was probably dishing out chores while reading another magazine. He always read up on the muggle world, something that was fun for him. Hearing about how much damage they do to each other. Lolli thought it was sickening. Pulling out and apple, she took a bit and then started to explain with muffled words. "Well, I phink that It would nice, and I could clean it up!" She said. "And I'd come down for meals!" She argued, swallowing her bite beforehand.

Dianna smiled softly as she started to mop the floor, even though to most eyes it would look clean, Dianna wouldnt take second best for anything, and she had to have the entire house clean. She tapped Lolli's side softly "Either sit on the bench or on a chair young lady" she spoke softly, while mopping around the room. "Just for meals? Lolli honey, i want all my kids around me during the day, i dont see much of you allready. And swallow your food before talking" She spoke to her gently and she looked up to her with, leaning against her mop. She worried about her kids alot, especially Lolli, and she didnt want to let her go. Humming softly as she started to mop again, she looked up on the bench and sighed at her husbands magazines. They were everywhere, really. It was just becomming an annoyence. "So what do you want for dinner?" Dianna asked her adoptive daughter, smiling to her. It was Lolli's choice tonight for dinner, and she wanted to make something extra speical for her so she could show her that she did care.

Lolli got up on the counter, sitting Indian style. she was careful not to knock anything over. She didn't take up much space in her condition, and her bony legs swung off the edge of it. She liked having the island counters in the kitchen, made it seem bigger, and more homey. She took another bite and swallowed more. "Well, you could come up and visit, you don't seem to do that often?" She asked slightly irritated. Dianna didn't pay attention to Lolli unless she did something wrong. That's why she didn't see her a lot. She kept eating the apple as Dianna asked what she wanted for dinner. Lolli shrugged, thinking, and then swallowing her food. "Stir fry?" She asked with a smile. "Oh, and Laura wanted me to tell you she'd be out for dinner." It was normally just Lolli around the house nowadays, because she was out of school. During the summer, it was ridiculous, and when she left it would be quiet. "I'm thinking about taking Nilla with me." She said with a smile. recently she had gotten a letter from Hogwarts, and she was going most definitely. Dianna wanted her to go to Beuxbatons, but Lolli refused. Not after what Corey had told her about that place

Dianna sighed as she closed her eyes, leaning against her mop as she was suddenly so tired. It was alot of work trying to keep the house clean and pay attention to all of the kids, while taking care of her husband and last but not least, of herself. She looked up to Lolli, with tired eyes "Dont start with this" She spoke softly, and slipped into one of her scary calms. When any of the kids got her really mad or upset she would slip into it, and the kids knew then that it effected her bad. Dianna nodded as she asked for stir fry, and kept on mopping up the floor, even though it was allready clean. She sighed as Lolli started talking about school, Dianna had allways wanted her girls to go to Beuxbatons, because that is where she had gone, and Lolli's refusal was confusing, but then, Dianna just thought there was a boy at hogwarts that she liked, and thats why she wanted to go there. "Just think about Beuxbatons alittle more, please?" She said softly, looking up to her. She had given Lolli lots of reasons to go there instead of Hogwarts, but so far, none had worked.

(So sorry its taken so long - School is hectic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back