Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Dominik)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Spruce Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Grace was happy to be back at Hogwarts, and found herself looking forward to her lessons with the first years. She enjoyed her job, but she had to admit she did miss playing Quidditch sometimes. So when she was tidying up the storage shed near the Quidditch pitch, she decided she would allow herself to play for just a moment. She mounted her broom with the quaffle under her arm and flew over to the hoops. There was no keeper, and there were no other players tailing her to get the quaffle away from her. But when she threw it and it soared through one of the hoops, it still felt satisfying. She grinned and flew over to catch the quaffle, though she wouldn't indulge herself much longer.

This year Geo was a full member on the Quidditch team again, and she hoped even more so this year that they'd be able to do well. Reaching the pitch, she was glad it wasn't too busy with the new year rush, and while there was one person in the sky it didn't look as though Geo would be bothering her too much. Mounting her broom she joined the woman, curious if she were a student or Professor, but neither one she'd seen before. "Can I join you?" She asked, hoping not to interrupt.

Grace heard someone behind her after she got the quaffle and turned around on her broom. She was mildly embarrassed to be caught playing, even for a moment. She was a professor, not a student practicing for the season. "If you want, but I'm not playing for long." She said, wondering if this girl was on any of the house teams. She didn't know the older students very well.

Geo nodded when the woman allowed her to join, glad that she'd be able to get in some more practise before the next year started. It was a little awkward given she didn't know who she was, but if she wanted to play properly maybe she could help. "Do you want me to play Keeper?" she asked, a position she'd never actually tried before.

Grace shook her head slightly, not wanting this girl to help her practice when she was the professor. It should be the other way around, if anything. "What do you usually play?" She asked her, trying to remember her from Quidditch matches she had seen. "I'm the flying professor, perhaps I can help you train for a bit." It would certainly be a better reason to play a little longer.

Geo was slightly taken aback when she realised she was talking to a Professor. It made sense, but so would have a seventh year transfer. "Oh. Well I'm one of the Hufflepuff Chasers," she replied, trying not to show the slight embarrassment on her face. How was she meant to have known?

The surprise on the girl's face made Grace wish she had introduced herself earlier. Somehow, she had thought her twentieth birthday would ensure she wouldn't be mistaken for a student, but it seemed like she was wrong. "I can probably help you out. I played chaser for the Quibberon Quafflepunchers before I worked here." She tossed the quaffle to the girl. "Try scoring."

The Hufflepuffs eyes lit up when she heard the woman was previously playing professionally. Obviously that meant she could help her. Excitedly she took the Quaffle and got herself into a good position. "So do you have any tips, Professor..?" She asked, arm raised above her head ready to score.

Grace smiled at the girl, a little glad she seemed impressed by her previous position on a professional team. Maybe her pride had needed the boost, and she decided not to add she had only played for them for a year. "Professor Holland." She said, watching her. "And I think I can give you better tips if I see you score first."

Holland? Another one? She knew Phoebe had a couple of sister's, but maybe there was more than Rose and Diane. "Do you know Phoebe?" She asked, wondering why so many from that family seemed to be appearing recently to Geo at least. Even their mother was a figure the Hufflepuff knew now. She nodded and did her best to score, picking up a little speed before throwing the Quaffle as hard as she could towards the centre goal.

Grace should have known this girl was probably in classes with one of her cousins. She nodded, guessing that the girl was a fifth year like Phoebe was. "Yes, she's my cousin." Grace said, aware that her last name was a very common one around here. She watched as the girl made an attempt to score, and was glad to see it went through the hoop. "Not bad, but your broom moves slightly to the side when you throw. That could be the difference between a hit and a miss. You should try to hold it steady with your legs."

Geo was quietly pleased with herself for being able to correctly recognise another member of the Holland family, and she wondered what it was like to have so many family members, let alone all around the same area. The Hufflepuff listened as Professor Holland gave her tips, considering that she'd never thought to concentrate on her legs before. "Like this?" she asked, taking a second shot towards the goal, this time her legs held much tighter but still aware that her upper half wasn't quite in line as the ball left her hands.

Grace flew a little closer to the girl, watching her posture as she tried to score again. This reminded her a lot of when she had been captain of the Beauxbatons team, and it had been something she missed. "Yes, you're doing better with your legs. But you have to practice a bit more so you can do that without holding your upper body too rigid. You're just not used to it yet." She said, smiling. "You're not bad." She added, realizing she hadn't given the girl much encouragement yet.

The fifth year took in everything the woman was saying. She practised alot but it wasn't everyday you had an ex professional study your form. "Thanks" she shot her a wide smile, making a note to keep concentrating on her legs from now on too. "So, what team did you play for?" She hoped her question wouldn't come off as rude, Geo was just curious to find out more about her history.

Grace was glad she had been able to help the girl out. She liked teaching flying lessons, but Quidditch was her real passion. The girl's interest in her past as a professional player was flattering, but Grace decided to be more upfront now. "The Quibberon Quafflepunchers, but only for a year. It's a French team. I used to live there." She said. "I used to play for Beauxbatons, even competed here against Hogwarts a couple of times."

Geo paused in the air as she took in what the woman was saying. She played for Beauxbatons too? A few years ago, Geo had met a couple of the members from the team when they were visiting. "Do you know Elvira and Brendan?" she asked the woman, recalling the name of the pair she'd chatted to out on the lawn. They seemed nice enough, although she'd never exactly heard a bad word about anyone that had gone to that school.

The girl was clearly surprised that Grace had been here before to play. Then it was Grace's turn to be surprised by the familiar names coming from the girl, and she blinked before nodding. "Yes, they were my teammates before I graduated." She said with a small smile. "Do you know them?" It was funny how small the wizarding world was, even when people were spread across different countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back