A Mini Game of Quidditch

Jessy Stone

Jessy ran into the Quidditch Pitch, clutching her broom. The wind was whipping her hair in all directions, "Wow, perfect weather for flying!" Jessy mounted her broom and flew around as she waited for her friends. It has been a while since she'd been on a brom and needed to get herself used to it again.

After borrowing one of the school's brooms, Elissa marched enthusiastically toward the Quidditch pitch. Jessy was already up in the air. Without hesitation, Elissa mounted her broom and soared up the sky. She had some troubles keeping her balance although she managed to hover beside Jessy in the end.

Jessy was so concentrated in her flying that she nearly missed Elissa flying beside her. "Hey Elissa! Where's the others?" Jessy shouted through the wind. She was flying up and down and left and right, it was making erh slightly dizzy.

"Here"said Kasey as she cam,e flying direct from the window of Ravenclaw girl's dormitory."where's th eother team, I guess diging graves for themselves"kasey joked."I havent flown(?) since long."she said as she took flew circling the pitch.the air blew her hair, which she had forgotten to tie properly.

Jessy let go of the broom with one hand and used the other to wave at Kasey. "Hello!! I dunno about the other team. Maybe they're too chicken!" Jessy joked as she flew around and around that small area of the Pitch. "We should wait a little bit more for them..."

ginny flew right up to Jessy's face when she had heard that. she had come from the ravenclaw tower. 'we are not! she said grinning menacingly(sp?). she dived underneath jessy and sat on her broom both hands off it, sheilding her eyes from the sun. 'Where are my team though?'she asked.

Jessy nearly fell off of her broom, Ginny had just scared her off her wits. "Hey! Don't do that again! Could've broken my neck..." she muttered the rest under her nreath but a smile was tugging on her lips. "Does anybody here find it weird that you two had just flown from the Tower?" Jessy cocked her head at Ginny and Kasey, her eyebrows furrowed in mock confusion.

Ginny laughed as jessy muttered something under her breath. 'No. Why?'Ginny said confused by Jessy's expression. She flew to the shed and jumped off her broom leaving it on the lawn. She went in the shed and came out with a quaffle and two bats.

Jessy watched Ginny as she flew over to the shed and grabbed a quaffle and beater bats. Jessy shouted, "Ginny! If you are getting beater bats then where are the bludgers?!" she flew over to her so that she won't have to shout anymore, "And also, do we need a snitch? It's three against two so I think we don't need it."

'No, because it will take too much work to not let it get out our sights.'Ginny said realizing she had made no sense. 'I didn't want to get the bludgers out yet.' Ginny added. 'I thought we should wait for the teams to be ready first.'

Jessy nodded her understanding and flew off again. Wow, it has been too long since I've been on a broom... she thought and tried her best to get the wind from her hair. A smile was plastered on her face and her cheeks were getting redder by the minute due to the cold autumn air.

"Its totally cool to fly from the window of the tower."said kasey witha smile."What's taking Jayne so long?"Kasey asked."So,who is playing which position?"She asked

'I don't know. I'll play beater but maybe i'll play keeper as well since i've got 2 people on my team,'joked ginny

"How about Chasers become Keepers as well? They should have make the decision to either guard the posts or score with the quaffle. Do I make sense to anyone?" Jessy said as she voiced out her idea.

'Yeah, that makes much more sense actually. It's just that jayne said she wasn't very good so i was going to lighten the load for her,'Ginny admitted.

"Oh right," Jessy said before cracking a smile "think of it this way, now you can beat us to a pulp now that you have no distractions by playing any other parts. Just make sure that grave is ready." Jessy laughed and had to grasp her broom handle so she won't fall off.

'Yeah. Well, i still can't aim very well. I nearly knocked one of my own players off their broom once,' ginny laughed, grabbing her broom, mounting it and flying off to do a warm-up lap.

"Well, the more reason for me to be careful." Jessy joked and flew over to Kasey and Elissa. "Hey guys, who are going to be the Chasers and Keeper?" Jessy asked, she didn't really mind which role she is playing since she doesn't play that much Quidditch.

"I could be a chaser," Elissa volunteered. She wasn't very good at blocking things nor hitting stuff like the Bludger.

"Hmmm, I think I can be beater. I used to play baseball when I was at school..y'know back when I didn't know about Hogwarts NZ." Jessy said, remembering the days she had to endure under the sun, playing baseball with her classmates for PE. "I think I was ok with a bat. I guess it's the same with Beating right?"

'Yeah, Jessy. Exactly the same except for you've got a broom with you,' Ginny answered Jessy's question flying up to them after doing a warm-up.

"Great, thanks. But I'm a bit nervous though, won't I fall if I just use the broom with one hand?" Jessy asked, panic quite evident in her voice. "Wait, I need to stretch my legs..." Jessy muttered before descending back towards the ground.

Ginny laughed at jessy's comment of falling off the broom. She followed her to the ground. 'Jessy,you won't fall off. You don't even need both hands on the broom half the time,'Ginny assured her.

"Oh ok. I'll just have to take your word on it then..." after regaining her bearings, Jessy shot up back into the air and flew over to her friends. "Let's start! Who're we waiting for?"

"Jayne"said kasey answering Jessy's question."Hey why dont we do this way that one of us, whcih cant be me or ginny since we are two teams, plays chaser for both teams and is allowed to pass the quaffel to only that team which passed it to them .So each team will have two chasers, on eof them will be a half-half and one beater."kasey suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back