A little walk

George Bojinov

OOC First Name
George
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
George was walking down the lakefront admiring how the castle looked outside - it was truly magnificent - with the towers, the clock yard, and everything else. After having enough of looking at the castle, he looked around, noticing he had approached the lake itself - it was also quite magnificent - he wondered if the rumors of a giant squid living in there was true. George thought about his first week at Hogwarts New Zealand - he was truly happy to be here, and wouldn't be anywhere else at the time. If when he was smaller, he knew about the place - he couldn't believe that he hadn't known that such a utopia existed somewhere in the world. And also, he had met a lot of new friends - especially Alice, though he felt something more than friendly feelings toward her - he couldn't quite explain it. He was hoping he could see her here drawing or something else. Not that he hadn't had friends in his old school - he still missed them, but he knew that next summer he would see them again and felt better. He continued walking.

Alice was sitting by the lakefront, drawing a sketch of the lake and the trees. She found the sites beautiful. Magnificent even. Everything in New Zealand made her want to draw. It all seemed so magical. But that was because it was. Laughing quietly to herself, she added some more shading and sat back, frowning down on her work. Something was missing, but she couldn't tell what it was. Sighing and shrugging, she put the sketch pad down and sat there, gazing into the world. Closing her eyes, she leant against the tree, a perfect image of peace and relaxation.

George had seen Alice quite a wile ago, but for some reason was content to just watch her draw - she was really good. He never had been interested in drawing, but it was just another way of express one's feelings - just like poems and music. Finally, he walked a bit more towards her, knowing what he had to do. But he had to stall a bit first. " Hi, Alice. Nice drawing you've drawn there. " he said, figuring that the best way to start this meeting was to complement her work, which really was magnificent.

Alice opened her eyes and jumped as someone spoke to her. Seeing George, a close friend of hers from her own house, she smiled and acknowledged his greeting. She wasn't sure how long he had been there but smiled and pulled her sketch pad closer to her modestly. Her drawing was a piece of work that she was proud of, but she wasn't really one to boast about that sort of thing. Smiling up at him again, she moved around the tree slightly so he could sit and lean against the tree like she was. "Thanks. Its not much really, but thanks anyway." She said modestly. "How are you? How long have you been here? You should have made yourself known." She said, laughing slightly but a tiny bit worried how long he had been there and seen her other drawings in her sketch pad that she had spent a little bit of time editing. Most of her work was private because she wasn't really one to want to share them and seem like she was boasting. But, occasionally she would give a few pieces of work to friends if she thought it would mean more to them than it did her.

" Sorry about that - I really liked them and figured that you'd like your privacy for a while. " he said, smiling, not embarrassed as she seemed to be. But still, he was a bit. He shouldn't have done that, but she was just the one he had been hoping to see. " I'm fine, thanks. I was here for about 10 minutes - I was just taking a stroll down the lakefront - to admire the sight of the lake and the castle. You really are talented though. " he added. " So, how are you? " he asked, continuing the conversation once again.

Alice blushed. It meant a lot for her for someone to tell her that she was talented, but something about George made it more special. Smiling, she looked down and pulled the cover over to the front of the pad, covering the picture. She planned to send it to her mum and her little sister to show them what it was like here, for she knew that being muggles they wouldn't be able to see the true beauty of HNZ. She nodded. "Yeh, im fine thank you. How about you?" She asked, wondering what he was doing by the lakeside in the middle of the afternoon. Most people were in the common room but she had left quickly because the topic had turned to quidditch, a topic that she despised. She still felt slightly humiliated after her first flying lesson and wasn't looking forward to the second one.

" Everything is good when you're at HNZ - it's truly a great place to be in. " he answered, not missing to notice her blushing. He wondered why. He thought about what to say next - he already was starting to mildly understand his feelings for Alice, and they were a lot more than friendly. But he didn't know of a way to express them. He just stared blankly into the distance, throwing a look at Alice's picture from time to time. He hoped she wouldn't leave, though. That would ruin a lot.

Alice smiled and nodded, thinking that this previous statement was 100% true. There was a tiny awkward silence between them. It didn't feel as awkward as it would have been with someone else, but still, it felt awkward. She was thinking of suggesting that they went up to the castle, but an instinct told her to stay where she was and see what would happen. Their conversation didn't feel complete yet.

OOCOut of Character:
What do you say we complete this with a kiss? :p

George tensed. If he didn't do or say something in the next minutes and just kept staring in the distance, Alice would get annoyed and leave. And he knew what he had to do at that moment. He moved towards her slowly, but not showing anything.

(OOC: Depends how it happens :p oh and how will this fit into the story with the Hogwarts garden? Will they already be going out???)

Alice carried on looking into the distance, wondering what she could do to her drawing. "Do you want to go back to the castle yet?" She asked, not noticing as he moved towards her slightly.

OOCOut of Character:
Yes, if it doesn't ruin the plot. :p And watch out - it's coming. :D

George stopped in order to think out his next step. He answered bluntly: " No, not yet. The view is so beautiful, don't you think? " the voice didn't seem as it came from him. What was happening? He moved a bit towards Alice again, looking anywhere but towards her. He stopped abruptly as he realized he was only a few meters from her. He waited for a reaction, if there would be any.

(OOC: *looks around wildly, panicking!* where? where George? I don't see it :p )

Alice shrugged. "Ok thats fine. It is stunning." She said, gazing into the mountains. It was only then that she realised how close they were to each other, not just like friends, but at that moment as well. She turned to him and smiled, wondering who had moved and when. She wasn't that observant when she was lost in her own thoughts, and didn't know if she had missed something. She leant back against the tree, closing her eyes and smiling into the sky, seeing images of beautiful scenes, flash beneath her eyelids that were still closed.

(OH NO! Alice has her eyes closed!! Open them girl, open them!! :p Sorry, had to do it :p )

OOCOut of Character:
Ok, this is it. Put your back into it, George! :p

George knew just then that it was the perfect moment for it. He moved towards her once again. She was more beautiful with closed eyes and a relaxed face than she was normally. And it all happened in a moment - their lips touched each other in a kiss. It was the greatest feeling George had ever felt. He was still hypnotized when he pulled away, waiting for her reaction, his breathing heavy.

(OOC: You can just see it can't you, fireworks going off and all that jaz :p Sorry if she doesn't react very well... i tried to make it sound like her. But don't take it badly :D )

Alice jumped slightly as something touched her lips. To say that she reacted in the perfect way would be an overstatement. She was confused and hadn't been expecting that. She opened her eyes to see George sitting there, breathing heavily. "What?" She whispered, confused and all.

OOCOut of Character:
I won't. George did what he had to do. :p

" I..I.. " He couldn't quite think of what to say. She was standing there, confused and startled, looking at him. What was he to do?

OOCOut of Character:
Help him a bit. :p

Alice tilted her head to the side slightly. She was deeply confused and didn't really know what to make of it all. She watched as he stuttered, and decided to make some sense out of it all. Putting her finger to his lips, she shushed him. "I didn't know you felt this way about me." She said, her voice still a tiny whisper in the air.

" Neither did I till today. " he answered quietly. He was even more confused than she was, because he didn't really have a reason for what he had done. He liked her a lot, and not just as a friend, and he knew that. But now that he had done what he had thought to, he was deeply confused. He fell silent for a moment.

Alice smiled, even though she was still confused. "Ok then." She said, leaning back against the tree. She was trying to work it all out, but the feeling of the kiss on her lips stopped her from thinking clearly. The last boy she had kissed had been a disaster and she wasn't sure if she was ready to go into a relationship yet. She was assuming that that was what George was asking, but she needed words to confirm it for her.

OOCOut of Character:
This is awkward. I'm not very good with girls in real life either. :p

" Look, I think you've figured out what all this means, you're smart. All I need is approval. I know we thought we were only friends, but the way I feel for you is different than friendship. " he said, deciding to let it all out and see how she would react.

(OOC: I know what you mean :p but im not that good with boys either :erm: )

Alice smiled and breathed in deeply. "Ok then." She repeated, wondering if he had done this a lot before and why he was being quite blunt. She still wanted the words, because that was the way it should be. She didn't want to put him under any pressure, and she wondered if he knew what he was doing or if it was just a random act of, well, of 'love' in a way.

Suddenly, George knew what she wanted. Hoping that what he was doing was right, he decided to do it in a Romeo and Juliet kind of way. He knelt on the ground and asked, resisting the urge to laugh out loud at the absurdness of what he was doing, and said: " Alice Hills, will you be my girlfriend? " and waited.

Alice started to laugh as George got on one knee, thinking how sweet it was. "Yes." She said, smiling now. She pulled him up and gave him a hug, feeling happy about a boy for the first time since she had left her old school. Wondering what sort of book/film he had decided to copy, she smiled again.

" Well that was relieving. " he thought as Alice hugged him. Finally a girl had appreciated what he had done, even if it was quite funny. But what - isn't a key part of a relationship to keep the girl happy and make her laugh. This was different though - even though it was the first relationship he had ever had, it seemed different with Alice as his girlfriend. How cute she was, hugging him and smiling - it made his heart sink and beat harder than ever. Well, I might be in love, he thought to himself.
" Well, what do you say we get back to the castle? It's getting late. " he smiled and caught her under the arm, kissing her on the cheek.

Alice smiled at George. It wasn't her first relationship, but it was definitely the first one that she felt 100% happy about. She grinned at George and sat down again, holding his hand. "No, lets stay out for a little. We still have 2 hours before we need to go in." She said, thinking how truly wonderful the night had been so far. Her cheek blushed where he had kissed her and she smiled at him again.

" I agree. The night really is magical. " he said, gazing at the stars, admiring how well everything had gone. He had a girlfriend, and one that he was 100% in love with. Nothing could go wrong, at least for now. They sat there, holding hands, gazing at the magnificent view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back